Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu (36134 Views)

Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Buhari, Fashola, Amaechi At International Finance Corporation (Pics) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by satowind(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Buhari and his deputy and osibanjo dey dere dey jonse
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by adepiero: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
J
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by Rilwayne001: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mogidi:

You try sha
lool.. u no try at all tongue
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by IBROHIM: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
And some animals are still there hating Buhari! Keep showing yourselves.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by looseweight: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Now, am kinda assurance that this administration is serious

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by durango760(f): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
The appointment of Tunde Fashola is very well thought and planned. They could not have a Muslim as a president and a Muslim as a vice president. Fashola could have been the vice president, Osibanjo being a Christian was nominated. To compliment what PMB has planned for Nigeria, appointing Fashola as a minister for such delicate ministries is the BEST. He needed a Tunde Idiagbon to actualize his promises to Nigerians. It is a new dawn. YES WE CAN......Let us all be positive !!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by anonimi: 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by wallex1983(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
When I noticed Fashola refused to grant press interview last week, I knew he already felt the heaviness of the work and knows that he needs to retreat and bring up policies that will shake the system seriously. Very hard decision I dare say. Decisions that may be hard on the players but on the long run benefit the populace. If oga fash comes out with such expected strong policies, he may have outsmart Of PYO, who doesn't really seem to have suggested any strong policy to the government in 6 months. I don't know if he's behind TSA anyway.

But really in this govt, I see the voice of PMB and the hand of BRF.

Again, I'm sure BRF will consult birth nnaji at the appropriate time.

God pls give Fash the POWER to WORK in this HOUSE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by Oildichotomy(m): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
Another well articulated propaganda dropped for the butt-lickers to have a field day.

Suit your tongue as usual. I don't get how Power-Works and housing automatically becomes a super ministry.
The Tinubu press always dropping sycophantic jibes agains. WTF
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by drss(m): 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mr i dont sign cheque will soon milk d zoo dry with inflated contracts. N600 million for 3 bullet proof cars is a legendary feat dat will be broken now as him don become minister.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by anonimi: 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
chidibond:
such high hopes. I pray he delivers

Just as he delivered on the aloku scrap metal Toronto trains after collecting $1 billion World Bank loan abi
Only Buhari mugus fit get high hope in such a FRAUDULENT smooth TALKER.
Not me !!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by midform(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
The government of change is gradually taking shape!
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by anonimi: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
midform:
The government of change is gradually taking shape!

Taking shape on a foundation of LIES, propaganda and a FALSE assets declaration, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by Guk: 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
What a pretty piece! Well articulated. I was moved to comment, because i love your article.

Can one say that Buhari has a thing for yoruba's with the name Tunde? - First it was TUNDE Idiagbon, next was TUNDE Bakare and now TUNDE Fashola.

PMB understands what vital tools he needs to drive home this gospel of change.

Idiagbon happens to be a leader whose legacies still span into our modern economy, judging by the strides Fashola achieved during his tenure as the Lagos State government, we can safely say he has created a record. However I have a few concerns, as the task ahead of him now is more bigger than that of he encountered at the state level.

At the state level, Fashola consolidated on his predecessor's work, this made things easier for him. Today this is not the case as the PDP government had no clear agenda or objective after the sack of Prof. Barth Nnaji and as a result Fashola has the herculean task of starting from the scratch.

Nevertheless, My informed sentiment is optimistic that he will perform, but we should not expect a miracle.

With respect to Barth Nnaji/Fashola, Barth's achievement is not lost on Fashola as BRF, within what the law allowed him provided Power to Lagos State via PPP and that's the template APC had mentioned on a number of occasions that they were going to adopt and adapt.

What you are likely to find as an example is that an estate as big as VGC will be allowed to generate and supply power to a minimum number utilising gas. Same for clusters like Trade fair complex; Industrial areas etc. That will be replicated all over the country and it will leave d remaining 4000mw to be shared by poorer areas that can't afford the expensive power provision in estates. In my boss' estate for instance, they pay over =N=50,000 per month for constant electricity and they r not complaining
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by jomoh: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
calliope:
All dis government' has offered are just propangada..nutin elsE"
Wit fashola as minister of power" i still dey hope..
Hup things get beta..

If by the appointment of Fasola alone, you're already hoping things get better then the government has offered something more than propaganda.

They have given you HOPE no matter how little. Hope alone is far more important than anything in life. Hope was what people who commit suicide lost.

I'm also of the believe that they've offered more than you are willing to accept.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by Guk: 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
wallex1983:
When I noticed Fashola refused to grant press interview last week, I knew he already felt the heaviness of the work and knows that he needs to retreat and bring up policies that will shake the system seriously. Very hard decision I dare say. Decisions that may be hard on the players but on the long run benefit the populace. If oga fash comes out with such expected strong policies, he may have outsmart Of PYO, who doesn't really seem to have suggested any strong policy to the government in 6 months. I don't know if he's behind TSA anyway.

But really in this govt, I see the voice of PMB and the hand of BRF.

Again, I'm sure BRF will consult birth nnaji at the appropriate time.

God pls give Fash the POWER to WORK in this HOUSE.

With respect to PYO, pls leave him out of any discourse o! Even BRF dey bow for him. PMB's respect and use of him is deep. He works below the radar, that's his style. Watch out for how d judiciary will change in the next 2years, Judges will be resigning in droves as policies catch wt them. That's how he worked quietly in Lagos and cleaned up the judiciary

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Buhari was not thinking of emulating his and Idiagbon's lovies while assigning Fashola the Power, Work and House ministry portfolios. If folks make that comparison, what will they compare Rotimi Amaechi's ministry of Transport and Aviation portfolios with,who has the juiciest portfolios so far?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by anonimi: 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
Guk:

With respect to Barth Nnaji/Fashola, Barth's achievement is not lost on Fashola as BRF, within what the law allowed him provided Power to Lagos State via PPP and that's the template APC had mentioned on a number of occasions that they were going to adopt and adapt.

What you are likely to find as an example is that an estate as big as VGC will be allowed to generate and supply power to a minimum number utilising gas. Same for clusters like Trade fair complex; Industrial areas etc. That will be replicated all over the country and it will leave d remaining 4000mw to be shared by poorer areas that can't afford the expensive power provision in estates. In my boss' estate for instance, they pay over =N=50,000 per month for constant electricity and they r not complaining

How many such 'clusters' will be needed to power the whole country adequately

- even more

Where is the economies of SCALE

Is this how they provide electricity in the US, Canada, USA, South Africa that their economies are prosperous with jobs that we are rushing there to be underemployed?

Why do we like to deceive ourselves so much?
How can we make any real progress with such mental LAZINESS?
How
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by basilo101: 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
whats all this noise about power, works and housing?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by anonimi: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
Guk:
With respect to PYO, pls leave him out of any discourse o! Even BRF dey bow for him. PMB's respect and use of him is deep. He works below the radar, that's his style. Watch out for how d judiciary will change in the next 2years, Judges will be resigning in droves as policies catch wt them. That's how he worked quietly in Lagos and cleaned up the judiciary

These una propaganda is going too far, haba! shocked
The same Osinbajo who made billions buying protection for his rich clients from CORRUPTION probe in our courts or are you talking about another one

barcanista:
Since I was born, I have never witness the kind of hypocrisy, double standard and demonisation that is currently perpetrated by Muhammadu Buhari, the APC, Alhaji Sanusi, Osinbajo and their "good governance crusaders" against the person of President Goodluck Jonathan, Allison Madekwe, and other government officials.

Alhajis Buhari and Sanusi and APC have been going about using every platform to talk about a "missing $20b", cheered by their hypocritical followers that pride themselves as good governance crusaders. They have deliberately gone blind over the fraud of CBN under Sanusi as outlined by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria report in February 2014.

Sanusi Indicted And Removed For Fraud
According to the report (see below) Sanusi was indicted for Gross Misconduct that bothers on fraud and financial recklessness among other offence. The FRCN subsequently advised Mr President to remove Lamido Sanusi from office for further investigation and probe after the explanation of Sanusi appeared more like a tale and outrightly illogical according to FRCN. The council indicates that the explanation provided by Sanusi is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.”

The council advised the President to exercise the powers conferred on him by Section 11(2)(f) of the CBN Act 2007 or invoke Section 11(2)(c) of the said Act “and cause the governor and the deputy governors to cease from holding office in the CBN.”

April 2014: VP-elect Yemi Osibanjo Filed Case To Stop Sanusi Probe
Rather than Sanusi to prove his innocence in court, he filed a case in Federal High Court, Lagos to STOP FRCN and Other Security Agencies from investigating and prosecuting him through three Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, Dr. Kanyinsola Ajayi and Kola Awodien.
http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=24587

13 May 2014: Lagos Judge Tshoho Grants Sanusi Prayers
High Court Judge John Tshoho rather than uphold the constitutional powers of FRCN to investigate probe Sanusi, he granted the prayers of Lamido Sanusi and BARRED FRCN from further investigation or probing Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. In his own words...
“Prejudice is very pronounced in the language of that document. The language of the briefing note (transmitted by the FRCN to the presidency) conveys a sense of the defendant desperately goading the presidency to deal with the plaintiff,”
“The plaintiff submitting himself for investigation (by FRCN) is like the cockroach finding itself in the midst of fowls. Such a cockroach cannot be innocent,”.

http://www.tv360nigeria.com/?p=11923

Despite the fact the President Jonathan commissioned PWC to audit NNPC books to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of Sanusi's claim, Buhari, APC, Sanusi and their online agents that parade themselves as good governance and anticorruption apostles have been crying blue murder but refused to comment on the FRCN report nor the APC's VP elect role in shielding Sanusi for probe.

April 26, 2015: Buhari's Display of Hypocrisy
In his usual hypocrisy, General Buahri vowed to re-visit the $20b allegation but said NOTHING about the FRCN report. In his own word... “Imagine a situation where the former CBN governor who by God ‘s grace would later become the  Emir of Kano raised an  issue of missing billions of money, not in Naira but in Dollars, $20 billion.
“What happened, instead of investigating to know whether it was true that the money was missing or not, they simply found a reason to remove him. So these are the issues we are talking about…"

Contrary to the lies of Alhaji Buhari, Sanusi wasn't removed because he raised alarm, he was removed because he was indicted by FRCN. Jonathan also never kept mute, he commissioned PWC to audit the books. Buhari was also blind to talk about prosecuting Sanusi for the CBN fraud. Perhaps the Emir is as "incorruptible" as him(Buhari)

[size=14pt]The FRCN’s report on Sanusi[/size]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/660265[/img]

The decision to suspend the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Sanusi Lamido was based on a report of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria dated June 7, 2013.

The report was made after a review of Sanusi’s response to the query issued to him by the President over the apex bank’s financial statement of 2012. His response was dated May 20, 2013.

According to a copy of the report obtained by our correspondent on Thursday, the council indicates that the explanation provided by the suspended CBN governor is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.”

The council advised the President to exercise the powers conferred on him by Section 11(2)(f) of the CBN Act 2007 or invoke Section 11(2)(c) of the said Act “and cause the governor and the deputy governors to cease from holding office in the CBN.”

The report read: The particulars of the infractions against Sanusi are:

Persistent refusal and/or negligence to comply with the Public Procurement Act in the procurement practices of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

(A) By virtue of Section 15 (1)(a) of the Public Procurement Act, the provisions of the Act are expected to comply to ‘all procurement of goods, works and services carried out by the Federal Government of Nigeria and all procurement entities.’ This definition clearly includes the Central Bank of Nigeria.

(B) It is however regrettable that the Central Bank of Nigeria, under his leadership, has refused and/or neglected to comply with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act (PPA). You will recall that one of the primary reasons for the enactment of the PPA was the need to promote transparency, competitiveness, cost of effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/the-frcns-report-on-sanusi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by ldpele(m): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nice one, but I will be bold enough to remind you that the people didn't expect "Magic" but the ruling party promised Nigerians "magic", all lies and propaganda with deceit. I won't want to go further in stating some of their "magical" promises.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by NOTRIBE: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
black man mentality...praising praising..the man have not yet resumed office people are already singing his praises as if he has already performed miracles...and demonizing others who are not of the same tribe or religion as Fashola
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by enitiObanke(m): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
What a pretty piece! Well articulated. I was moved to comment, because i love your article.

Can one say that Buhari has a thing for yoruba's with the name Tunde? - First it was TUNDE Idiagbon, next was TUNDE Bakare and now TUNDE Fashola.

PMB understands what vital tools he needs to drive home this gospel of change.

Idiagbon happens to be a leader whose legacies still span into our modern economy, judging by the strides Fashola achieved during his tenure as the Lagos State government, we can safely say he has created a record. However I have a few concerns, as the task ahead of him now is more bigger than that of he encountered at the state level.

At the state level, Fashola consolidated on his predecessor's work, this made things easier for him. Today this is not the case as the PDP government had no clear agenda or objective after the sack of Prof. Barth Nnaji and as a result Fashola has the herculean task of starting from the scratch.

Nevertheless, My informed sentiment is optimistic that he will perform, but we should not expect a miracle.

Guy, if you know the antecedents of BRF, and you listen to him speak (no politician in Nigeria today is more articulate than BRF and Prof Osinbajo), then you would know that Fashola is a performer, a trail blazer, a do is talk and talk is do. Forget it, Power, Works and Housing are in for the shock of their lives.
Imagine if GEJ had won the 2015 Presidential election,..... Obanikoro will have represented Lagos in the federal cabinet as against Fashola!
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by Jabioro: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
calliope:
All dis government' has offered are just propangada..nutin elsE"
Wit fashola as minister of power" i still dey hope..
Hup things get beta..
I know they were here.Who ? the wailers ..the never see anything good in this new administration, they never hope for better all they know are wailed ,cried and knack teeth like a wounded dog.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by abdulmumin68(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
May Almighty Allah guid and protect them for us.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by ATERI(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
There is nothing Nigerians would not compare in this season of stupidity. Has the author of this article asked himself how ideologically similar is Fashola to Idiagbon. Fashola that took billionaire to villagers trying to talk them out of their lands and hand it over to his billionaire friend. A leader without humanity would fail, no matter how long it takes. Fashola is an enemy of the poor and a doomed privatisation Taliban.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by pasol4real(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
Story for the gods ,to Start with who told u 120 Million Nigerians voted him na wa for u o Op ,u can lie o.
Okay fashola dis fashola dat,wait is it not the Same fashola we Know wey Do dat Website thing wey Do dat borehole thing na him dem they take compare idiagbon.
Funny ,i dint Know idiagbon was corrupt .well lets wait n See how fashola will transform Nigeria to London the way he transformed lagos to Dubai grin
Meanwhile has anyone noticed that powersupply has reduced since fashola became Minister ? I hope dis is not a sign of bad things to come.
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by mart2k(m): 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Seunaj05:
Fashola was not the VP only because APC dare not field in a muslim-muslim ticket. Trust me, going by the responsibilities vested on Raji Fashola, Osibanjo seemed to have been officially relegated to a mere commissioner (so to say) making Fashola the coded vice president
Ibo go and die. Nobody relegates anybody
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by mekonglobal(m): 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Yoruba writers going d way of British sports jounerlists always hyping their players on papper but in d the field of play they become incompetent.... So of all d ministers its only Fashola u see to write all dis epistle for? Metcheeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by BABANGBALI: 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Dear Biafrans I support your struggle 100% but my problem is your
approach. I would want to suggest the following procedures and I can
assure you they will work out successfully. If you can unite and follow
the following steps then I can tell, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in
advance.
STEP 1: Withdraw all your services from Nigeria as you are the
backbone of the country.
STEP 2: Withdraw your kins men who are public office holders e.g. Ike
Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3: Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called
Nigeria.
STEP 4: Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. You are very
industrious people, you will be better off without it.
STEP 5: Stop all forms of importation through the Nigerian sea port so
that Nigeria will crumble without your Tax.
STEP 6: Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria
to relocate home until this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them to
come back as expatriate.
STEP 7: Lock up all your shops in Idumota, Alaba international, Kano
main market and every other market even in remote villages across
the country.
STEP 8: Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge, stop all Nigerians
from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in
Aba.
STEP 9: Make sure you make your Visa very hard for Nigerians.
STEP 10: This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south
Sudan.
Finally, make sure you don’t fight it with weapons. Igbo kwenu!!! hey!.
What do you think of these suggestions; good for the cause of Biafra or
not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by BABANGBALI: 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
mekonglobal:
Yoruba writers going d way of British sports jounerlists always hyping their players on papper but in d the field of play they become incompetent.... So of all d ministers its only Fashola u see to write all dis epistle for? Metcheeeeeeeeeew!
if he pain you carry pain write your own,he easy to head 3 almighty ministries?
Re: Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu by siraj1402(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disquiet In Buhari’s Camp Over Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso / Ajimobi Inaugurates APC Edo Election, Appeal Committees / Helicopter Crash Near FUTY - Confirmed By DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.