Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread (45572 Views)

Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri / Delta People Celebrate Ali Modu Sheriff's Victory In Court Today (Photos / Amaechi Meets Niger Delta People Over Socio-Economic Direction Of The Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 12:49am On Nov 15, 2015
Xetima:

Abeg, ask them? What language do they speak. Okay, when Yorubas or Hausas or Igbos want to talk about intimate issues they resort to their common language and dialect. Can SS/ND do that? for your information I am from Delta and there is nothing like SS/ND please!

Imagine Ijaws that are not up to 3 million people claiming the whole of SS
It's time to cut them to their size.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 12:53am On Nov 15, 2015
princdebola201:
Why re this igbos always behave like a goat..
Somebody created this thread for a purpose and you guys have invaded and derailed the thread..why re u people always scared of seeing the niger Delta unite

Nawa 4 una ooo

Why are you Ijaws and Edoids scared of seeing all Igbo speaking people unite?

Why can't you just name this thread Edoid/ Ijaws commonwealth thread, if you do that and you see me comment here, as long as you don't go on land grabbing of Igbo speaking lands, then may I die tomorrow.

For all the Igbophobic comments Yorubas Post on their Yoruba commonwealth thread, you will not see me comment there, not in this life. Because none of what they comment there affects the territorial integrity of the Igbo speaking nation.

But this thread seeks to do just that. Isolate Igbo speaking territories in SS from Ndiigbo in SE by painting Ndiigbo in SE as monsters hell bent on grabbing their oil and land, then unite them in a phantom region where the Edoids and Ijaws become outright majority.

Ndiigbo in SE will not let that happen. Not in this life.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by illiad: 12:57am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

No Igbo man is against your resource control, but we insist you ( Ijaws) and your Edoid co conspirators should stop hiding behind the Niger delta tag to claim Igbo speaking territories.

If you had named this thread Ijaw commonwealth or Edoid commonwealth and didn't try to land grab Igbo speaking territories, no Igbo man would have invaded this thread.

The Ijaws must learn to stand on their own, if they don't want Eastern co operation, same thing applies to the Edoids( Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri).

Gbam!
Seconded!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 12:58am On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

Imagine Ijaws that are not up to 3 million people claiming the whole of SS
It's time to cut them to their size.

Exactly. Ijaws and Edoids should create a joint commonwealth thread and discuss there till the world ends, no Igbo man will bat an eyelid.

But this land grabbing mission by Ijaws and Edoids, will not be tolerated or allowed to stand. Mbanu!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 12:59am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

Exactly. Ijaws and Edoids should create a joint commonwealth thread and discuss there till the world ends, no Igbo man will bat an eyelid.

But this land grabbing mission by Ijaws and Edoids, will not be tolerated or allowed to stand. Mbanu!

Never again.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Truckpusher(m): 1:01am On Nov 15, 2015
Very very present sir!
I am here to represent the great people of Ali Ogba ukwu, Egi clan, Imeagi kindred of Ogbehi Eze, Nwabida lu zu, Nwa Iyasra obi

Niger delta onu ameka o

Let the minorities speak in one voice.
Let the majorities burn with anger cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by illiad: 1:05am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

Why can't you just name this thread Edoid/ Ijaws commonwealth thread, if you do that and you see me comment here, as long as you don't go on land grabbing of Igbo speaking lands, then may I die tomorrow.

For all the Igbophobic comments Yorubas Post on their Yoruba commonwealth thread, you will not see me comment there, not in this life. Because none of what they comment there affects the territorial integrity of the Igbo speaking nation.

But this thread seeks to do just that. Isolate Igbo speaking territories in SS from Ndiigbo in SE by painting Ndiigbo in SE as monsters hell bent on grabbing their oil and land, then unite them in a phantom region where the Edoids and Ijaws become outright majority.

You're giving these oafs free education

Should da let them continue to wallow in grave ignorance from generation to generation.

They think Igbo would let go of any of their kindred, not even the igbanke people in edo would be forgotten or left behind, anyway I don't blame them fools their parents was worst and they are no better

14 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Very very present sir!
I am here to represent the great people of Ali Ogba ukwu, Egi clan, Imeagi kindred of Ogbehi Eze, Nwabida lu zu, Nwa Iyasra obi

Niger delta onu ameka o

Let the minorities speak in one voice.
Let the majorities burn with anger cheesy
Welcome o. It is a shame that some never-do-wells that always panic at the mention of South-South or Niger Delta have invaded the thread like bee. Our unity is like a cancer to them. It is a shame!

Nonetheless, our mission for a progressive Niger-Delta will not be derailed whether any outsider likes it or not

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Lol! The Ijaw impostor have arrived. So reeling out those names makes you an Ogba person right?

It took you like how long to learn those details before you finally came out of you anonymous ethnic group tag, to an Ogba ethnic tag today. cheesy grin

19 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 1:07am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

Do you know why the Ijaw are so scared of the Igbo?
They are afraid to lose the houses they stole after the war. Till date, it's still the only property acquired by those thieves and lazy drunkards.

22 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:09am On Nov 15, 2015
Where is HopeAthand, the Ikwerre impersonator or should Aldrick be invited instead? The circus need to be complete.

This is a comedy show!

20 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Ibebe: 1:11am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

Yet you're always viewing the Yoruba thread.

But aren't you guys trying to grab their oil land?

This mentality accurately described why the Ijaws went against Biafra.......why Biafran soldiers killed hundreds of thousands of SS people who opposed Biafra.

Now you're shamelessly trying to stiffen their collective voices.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by illiad: 1:12am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:
Lol! The Ijaw impostor have arrived. So reeling out those names makes you an Ogba person right?

It took you like how long to learn those details before you finally came out of you anonymous ethnic group tag, to an Ogba ethnic tag today. cheesy grin

I saw the fool viewing the thread like an hour ago only to come with names after about 1hr 30 minutes

Only in Nairaland

18 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Truckpusher(m): 1:14am On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Welcome o. It is a shame that some never-do-wells that always panic at the mention of South-South or Niger Delta have invaded the thread like bee. Our unity is like a cancer to them. It is a shame!

Nonetheless, our mission for a progressive Niger-Delta will not be derailed whether any outsider likes it or not
The unity of the minorities of the Niger Delta people must be achieved.
We'll overcome our little differences and build a regional unity that will send some people falling from the hills of Enugu to Ogbor hill Aba.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:15am On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

Do you know why the Ijaw are so scared of the Igbo?
They are afraid to lose the houses they stole after the war. Till date, it's still the only property acquired by those thieves and lazy drunkards.

Maybe, but no one cares! Either way they are stuck with us, and crude oil, their bargaining power right now is running out.Life span is 42 years.

Add that to the fact that the Atlantic is moving up towards us and will eat up their current few lands.

They are in for it, if they don't change their attitude. They won't be dealing with fragmented Igbo groups like Ndokis and Ikwerres like they did in the past, they will be dealing with a very hostile and enraged Igbo nation hell bent to revenge and righting wrongs done to us.

They better thread carefully.

19 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Truckpusher(m): 1:17am On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

grin High blood pressure is their portion from today henceforth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by princdebola201(m): 1:18am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

All the same ur igbo brothers have been co-existing with this people for years they have became one , their interest have become one..Let them live in peace with other groups in the region stop planting seed of hatred among them, they have freedom of association. They can associate with any group so Far they re comfortable living with them.

This people re not complaining why re you bothered about them when they don't give a damn about you people. Please Let this thread be and Let them promote their region. there is unity in diversity.

2 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by EasternLion: 1:19am On Nov 15, 2015
hahahhahaha

Truckpusher, Tonyebarcanista...

I kinda need you guys' attention and contribution here

https://www.nairaland.com/2737332/expose-intels-secret-documents-why

no vex.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 1:19am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

Maybe, but no one cares! Either way they are stuck with us, and crude oil, their bargaining power right now is running out.Life span is 42 years.

Add that to the fact that the Atlantic is moving up towards us and will eat up their current few lands.

They are in for it, if they don't change their attitude. They won't be dealing with fragmented Igbo groups like Ndokis and Ikwerres like they did in the past, they will be dealing with a very hostile and enraged Igbo nation hell bent to revenge and righting wrongs done to us.

They better thread carefully.

If Atlantic catch them, they should better drift away with the waves because any attempt to go upland, they would meet my Operation Kill All Creek Rats.

11 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by EasternLion: 1:20am On Nov 15, 2015
princdebola201:

All the same ur igbo brothers have been co-existing with this people for years they have became one , their interest have become one..Let them live in peace with other groups in the region stop planting seed of hatred among them, they have freedom of association. They can associate with any group so Far they re comfortable living with them.

This people re not complaining why re you bothered about them when they don't give a damn about you people. Please Let this thread be and Let them promote their region. there is unity in diversity.

see who's preaching unity..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

4 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by illiad: 1:21am On Nov 15, 2015
Ibebe:

This mentality accurately described why the Ijaws went against Biafra.......why Biafran soldiers killed hundreds of thousands of SS people who opposed Biafra.

Ijaws don't live on lands, they're mba miri, and so whatever land you think they own was actually stolen from retreating Biafrans during the Civil War with the help of Nigerian army as a reward for sabotage.

4 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by princdebola201(m): 1:22am On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

Is Niger Delta a tribe?

Niger Delta is a Region which consist of different tribes pls Let this people be..ur igbo brothers in South south re not compLaining cos they 've been living together for years.
There is freedom of association , any group can associate with any tribe so far they re comfortable..

5 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:22am On Nov 15, 2015
Ibebe:

No such thing happened, there was no SS people in 1966-70, just Biafrans. We couldn't have killed a non existing people.

But it's on record that the Edoids were pointing out our Anioma brothers who ran to them for refuge to Nigeria army to be massacred.

No one is stffing any Ijaw or Edoid resolve. You already saw the condolence message to Ojukwu family by Eze Oyigbo, Rivers state, where he also re affirmed his Igbo solidarity.

Well, I visit your thread when I am bored for comic relief purposes, "Romani"? Really, that is so lame, grin You lots could have been a bit more inventive. cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 1:23am On Nov 15, 2015
princdebola201:

Niger Delta is a Region which consist of different tribes pls Let this people be..ur igbo brothers in South south re not compLaining cos they 've been living together for years.
There is freedom of association , any group can associate with any tribe so far they re comfortable..

There's no Niger Delta tribe.

Everyone answer your papa name.

19 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by EasternLion: 1:24am On Nov 15, 2015
princdebola201:

In that case, why are they putting discord in the Igbo family?
Dividing them and cutting them off from the SE states for easy subjugation?

I am sorry bros, we were too docile and open-hearted.

Things are changing.

20 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Truckpusher(m): 1:26am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

You think I sell spare parts and have all the time in the world to be typing like your schizophrenic self anytime a thread shows up?

4 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:27am On Nov 15, 2015
[b] y Ochereome Nnanna
ALTHOUGH there were varied positions on the matter, in the end the General Sani Abacha administration created Bayelsa out of Rivers State in 1996”
The circumstances behind my joining a delegation for the burial of His Royal Majesty, Sunday Nnanta Woluchem, the Epara Rebisi XI of Port Harcourt on Saturday, April 21, 2012 is encapsulated in the above quote taken from his burial programme.
As the author of his yet to be published biography, former Chief of General Staff, retired Commodore Okoh ebitu ukiwe, asked me to join his delegation to bury a royal father who, along with ukiwe and others, played leading roles in the creation of today’s Rivers and Bayelsa states between 1993 and 1996.
When the civil war started in 1967 and Biafra lost control of Port Harcourt to the Federal forces, the newly created Rivers State was handed over to the Ijaw. Ijaw leaders continued to maintain that Rivers State, with Port Harcourt as its capital, was created for them as reward for ceding their coastal terrain to the Federal side, thus making the sea blockade of Biafra possible. The Ijaw groups claimed to constitute the majority and continued to dominate the state both during military and civilian dispensations. With time, however, the Igbo speaking people of the state, particularly the Ikwerre nationality, decided they wanted a state of their own where they would be able to assert their own political and economic interests.
This was what led to the quest for the creation of Port Harcourt State. However, the Ijaws felt if such a state was created they would become estranged in a city they have been part and parcel of since it was founded by the colonialists. In fact, they had even started portraying Port Harcourt as the capital of a future Ijaw state. Thus was born a great rivalry between the Ijaw-speaking and Igbo-speaking groups for the control of Rivers and between what was termed the “Okrika-Ijaw” and “Ikwerre-Igbo” over the “ownership” of Port Harcourt. The gruesome murder of Dr Obi Wali, the leader of the Ikwerre political front by yet-to-be ascertained assassins in 1992, owed to this tussle, which often led to street battles between Okrikans and Ikwerres.
Meanwhile, the late father of Nigeria’s nationalism, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, had discussed the best strategies for reducing the animosity between the Igbos and their Minority neighbours as well as dousing the ethnic tension between Ikwerres and their riverine co-indigenes of Rivers State. It was agreed that as the touted largest Minority group, the Ijaw needed a state of their own. But with their emotional attachment to Port Harcourt, how would Rivers State be split without creating a permanent ethnic war front in Nigeria’s premier oil city?
With the Ijaw groups obviously being favoured by the Northern-led Federal Government, Eze Woluchem, a lawyer who was installed paramount ruler of Port Harcourt in 1977 turned to Dr Azikiwe, appealing for him to support the aspirations of his Igbo kinsmen in the struggle. An ageing “Zik” referred the Eze’s delegation to Commodore ukiwe, who had become Zik’s close political confidant. The Eze’s delegation of four, which included the late Chief Okogbule Wonodi and Chief Andrew Uchendu, met with ukiwe in his office in Victoria Island.
Their proposal was that Port Harcourt State should only be for Igbo-speaking Rivers people, while the Ijaw-speaking part would be named New Rivers State. On the other hand, the Kalabaris did not want to be parted with Rivers State, neither did the Okrikas, and ukiwe advised that it would be “unstrategic” to cut out Bonny, Opobo, Kalabari and Okrika, apart from the fact that the Head of State, General Abacha, who was pro-Ijaw, might be pushed not to create any new state at all.
Between ukiwe and the Ikwerre delegation, and taking into account the expressed needs of others, the maps of the present Rivers State and Bayelsa State were drawn and presented to Abacha, who found it acceptab [/b]

17 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 1:27am On Nov 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
You think I sell spare parts and have all the time in the world to be typing like your schizophrenic self anytime a thread shows up?

What a drunkard!

It's 45 more years.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Ibebe: 1:27am On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

No such thing happened, there was no SS people in 1966-70, just Biafrans. We couldn't have killed a non existing people.

But it's on record that the Edoids were pointing out our Anioma brothers who ran to them for refuge to Nigeria army to be massacred.

No one is stffing any Ijaw or Edoid resolve. You already saw the condolence message to Ojukwu family by Eze Oyigbo, Rivers state, where he also re affirmed his Igbo solidarity.

Well, I visit you thread when I am bored for comic relief purposes, "Romani"? Really, that is so lame, grin You lots could have been a bit more inventive. cheesy

I like romani. It fits ya though.

So the innocent people killed by invading biafran soldiers were ghosts?
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Ibebe: 1:28am On Nov 15, 2015
illiad:

Ijaws don't live on lands, they're mba miri, and so whatever land you think they own was actually stolen from retreating Biafrans during the Civil War with the help of Nigerian army as a reward for sabotage.

Oh so this people just suddenly appeared? Out of gun smoke?
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2015
princdebola201:

Where did you get the idea that Igbo speaking groups are living in Eldorado with Ijaws and Edoids.

Do you know why the Old rivers state was dividedand Bayelsa was created with most Ijaws shipped to Bayelsa?

The Igbo speaking groups were complaining of Ijaw domination in the old Rivers state to Zik, who used his contacts to pull strings for them.

Read the details above in bold.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Truckpusher(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

What a drunkard!

It's 45 more years.
Cry me an ocean. grin

Are you so dumb not to notice when you're being ignored? undecided

My bad , it runs in the gene and I guess the ass whooping I gave to you and your fellow expansionists from your erosion ravaged land is still fresh on your mind.
Ndo grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 / APC Speaks On Removal Of Orji Uzor Kalu's Name From Party's Register / 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.