Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor (52492 Views)

How Much Will Cost To Do German Floor In Itire Surulere / Pls What Is The Minimum Height Of Oversite Concrete(german Floor)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 15, 2015
Assuming a height of 4 inches.

The perimeter is 50 feet by 80 feet but there is 33 feet by 14'6" that will not have a german floor on it right in the center.

I want to know how many tons of granite, sharp sand or stone dust (undecided yet) and cement I will need. I will be using a concrete mixer (would love to hire KolaShangs mixer but only if it will come with a specific Engineer to make sure that we don't break it grin ).

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by itstpia8: 1:30am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by itstpia8: 1:48am On Nov 15, 2015
ok, you should google it then.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 15, 2015
itstpia8:
ok, you should google it then.

Thanks but no interest in Google.

My interest is getting assisted by Nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by itstpia8: 1:51am On Nov 15, 2015
the first link I posted was from nairalanders and someone even left information on getting practical assistance with the same, from his firm.

did you contact him using the info he posted?
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 15, 2015
itstpia8:
the first link I posted was from nairalanders and someone even left information on getting practical assistance with the same, from his firm.

did you contact him using the info he posted?

Like I said, none of the links you posted was of any use to me. I have no interest in contacting any firm.

Again, thanks for the interest but I'll wait for those that can assist.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by itstpia8: 2:20am On Nov 15, 2015
ok.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 2:59am On Nov 15, 2015
20 tons of 3/4 down granite, 15 tons of stone dust, and 146 bags of cement.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:
20 tons of 3/4 down granite, 15 tons of stone dust, and 146 bags of cement.

Thanks.

Could you also learn me this calculation for future reference?
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by brabus(m): 4:32am On Nov 15, 2015
@FastShipping, cement too much. Stone dust no go reach. Granite is fine (assuming full quantity is delivered)

cc: EgunMogaji

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 4:40am On Nov 15, 2015
brabus:
@FastShipping, cement too much. Stone dust no go reach. Granite is fine (assuming full quantity is delivered)

My house and his are almost the same square feet in size. Mine is approximately 4000 square feet and I bought 30 tons granite and 20 tons stone dust with 154 bags of cement. I still have about 10 tons of granite left and all stone dust used up. My concrete floor was 5 inches thick. His is going to be 4 inches thick.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 15, 2015
brabus:

Brabus, what are your calculations and can you be bothered to teach me how to calculate this?

Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 4:57am On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Brabus, what are your calculations and can you be bothered to teach me how to calculate this?

Thanks.

Use this formula:

1:6:3 covers 27 square feet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:

Use this formula:

1:6:3 covers 27 square feet.

Thanks man.

Granite:Cement:Sand?

4 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 5:02am On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks man.

Granite:Cement:Sand?

Cement: Granite: Stone Dust

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by brabus(m): 5:33am On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

Oga, I'll do the calculations later. Need to prepare for church service now. I've finished typing and everything disappeared when I wanted to click the submit button.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by eghosajohnny: 6:26am On Nov 15, 2015
100 bags will be enough for this and the ratio for mix will 1:5:5. So it will have a good paste since it's german
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by brabus(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2015
Estimating material requirement for the DPC @Sir EgunMogaji site.

I'm more comfortable using metres than feet. So, let's convert the building into metres.

Overall area of the building footprint
50' x 80' or 15m x 24m = 360m2

Overall area of the building footprint less the Courtyard
360m2 (Footprint) - 45m2 (Courtyard) = 315m2

Volume of Concrete required for the oversite
315m2 x 100mm (4in thickness) = 31.5m3

Assuming we are using 1:2:4 mix ratio

Constant
1 bag of Cement = 0.035m3 (the formula for this is One portland cement is 1440kg/m3, so a 50 kg of cement is equal to 0.034472m3 )

1m3 Sharp Sand (dry fine sand) = 1.53 tons

1m3 Granite = 1.53 tons.

For a 1:2:4 cement mixture, divide the volume (in this case 31.5m3) by 7 to get the resulting number of 4.5m3 of cement required for the project.

Therefore 4.5m3 / 0.035 = 128 bags of 50kg cement.

For a 1:2:4 mix, divide the volume (in this case 31.5m3 by 7 to get 4.5m3 and multiply by 2 (which is the ratio of sand) to get 9m3 which is the quantity of sand required for the project.

To get tonnage, divide 9m3 by 0.654 which gives about 15tons. Allow for shortage, wastages while transporting/transferring sand and those sand that will be stucked in the mixer. Buy 20 full tons.

For a 1:2:4 mix, divide the volume (in this case 31.5m3 by 7 to get 4.5m3 and multiply by 4 (which is the ratio of sand) to get 18m3 which is the quantity of granite required for the project.

To get tonnage, divide 18m3 by 0.654 which gives about 28tons of granite. Buy 30 tons!

________
Oga, Abeg no ask me how I got this figures o! Head nearly blow to work this out. With 1:3:6, you'll use less quantity of cement (90 bags or thereabout). The same quantity of sand/granite should work.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks Brabus and Fast Shipping.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by PeoplesArmy: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is were folks like Abdulwastecx and H$lbroker will come in. Alright guys, help a brother in need. That Abdulwastecx guy has a template I think and I know that beyond roofing H$lbroker does some of that kinda stuff.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by PeoplesArmy: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
brabus:
Estimating material requirement for the DPC @Sir EgunMogaji site.

I'm more comfortable using metres than feet. So, let's convert the building into metres.

Overall area of the building footprint
50' x 80' or 15m x 24m = 360m2

Overall area of the building footprint less the Courtyard
360m2 (Footprint) - 45m2 (Courtyard) = 315m2

Volume of Concrete required for the oversite
315m2 x 100mm (4in thickness) = 31.5m3

Assuming we are using 1:2:4 mix ratio

For a 1:2:4 cement mixture, divide the volume (in this case 31.5m3) by 7 to get the resulting number of 4.5m3 of cement required for the project.

Therefore 4.5m3 / 0.035 = 128 bags of 50kg cement.

For a 1:2:4 mix, divide the volume (in this case 31.5m3 by 7 to get 4.5m3 and multiply by 2 (which is the ratio of sand) to get 9m3 which is the quantity of sand required for the project.

To get tonnage, divide 9m3 by 0.654 which gives about 15tons. Allow for shortage, wastages while transporting/transferring sand and those sand that will be stucked in the mixer. Buy 20 full tons.

For a 1:2:4 mix, divide the volume (in this case 31.5m3 by 7 to get 4.5m3 and multiply by 4 (which is the ratio of sand) to get 18m3 which is the quantity of granite required for the project.

To get tonnage, divide 18m3 by 0.654 which gives about 28tons of granite. Buy 30 tons!

________
Oga, Abeg no ask me how I got this figures o! Head nearly blow to work this out. With 1:3:6, you'll use less quantity of cement (90 bags or thereabout). The same quantity of sand/granite should work.

Definitely course material.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:

My house and his are almost the same square feet in size. Mine is approximately 4000 square feet and I bought 30 tons granite and 20 tons stone dust with 154 bags of cement. I still have about 10 tons of granite left and all stone dust used up. My concrete floor was 5 inches thick. His is going to be 4 inches thick.

Fast, how much was your labour?

Interested in hearing of a potential labour cost from others too.

Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Fast, how much was your labour?

Interested in hearing of a potential labour cost from others too.

Thanks.

I believe I paid 55k.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:

I believe I paid 55k.

Nice. Excluding cost of mixer right or you did manual mixing.

Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Nice. Excluding cost of mixer right or you did manual mixing.

Thanks.

No mixer.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:

No mixer.

Okay, thanks a lot. You've been extremely helpful.

So here's the quote that I had and which prompted this:

Granite 60 tons
Sand 70 tons
Cement 150 bags
Workmanship N150,000

Dearisgoduooooo, talk about "Ere Aje Pajude" shocked grin

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by FastShipping: 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Granite 60 tons
Sand 70 tons
Cement 150 bags
Workmanship N150,000

Dearisgoduooooo, talk about "Ere Age Pajude" shocked grin

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

The Americana man must be rich so let's take what we can quickly take from him. grin grin grin grin

In fact, I didn't put into account the space in the middle of your project where there won't be concrete. The cement you need should not exceed 120 bags.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by KolaShangOne(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2015
@EgunMogaji hahahaha.. The Engineer won't mind coming If you pay visiting fee.. Just 100dollars only grin
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by sigmundfreud(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Granite 60 tons
Sand 70 tons
Cement 150 bags
Workmanship N150,000

Dearisgoduooooo, talk about "Ere Aje Pajude" shocked grin
Abeg any info on the current workmanship cost for German floor?

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
sigmundfreud:
Abeg any info on the current workmanship cost for German floor?

Unfortunately no.
Re: How To Calculate Materials Needed For German Floor by PqsMike: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Like I said, none of the links you posted was of any use to me. I have no interest in contacting any firm.

Again, thanks for the interest but I'll wait for those that can assist.

Assist! Assist! Assist!...

Haba...some people actually went to school to study all this. Its like telling a Mechanic to assist you in fixing your car engine. Indirectly, we'll be killing this profession. Why not pay for the service of a Quantity Surveyor.

Meanwhile, for someone to assist you.. you'll need to provide the grade of the concrete.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Story Of A 500-room House In Lagos Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (PICTURES) / These Are Stages Involved In Building A House / Neighbours Fight In Akwa-Ibom Because Of N300 Borehole Levy (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.