Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor (18404 Views)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / Pile Or Raft Foundation Which Will Be Ideal? / How To Calculate Materials For Concrete In Raft Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by gen2boi: 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
Y
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2009
I think he just needs a rough estimate, like an idea.

@poster

Budget about 2 to 2.5m. It could be more or less based on your design.
But based on my experience in Lekki, that should be able to do it.

Rmbr, you building must be relatively very high. So your compound can be lifted about water level, cos this is the basic problem we are now facing in lekki - flooded roads after rain.

Cheers!
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by gen2boi: 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
@design5 thank you for your response, I have actually sent about 4.6m for the raft F and d german floor, I fink hv been screwed, the reason hv been giving was becox its a water logged area, i fink i have to stop d construction at this moment to go n monitor it mysev,,, thank u 4 ur response ones again

1 Like

Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2009
Which place exactly is it in Lekki. I'm used to construction in this axis. No matter how bad, the ground beams cannot be more than 1.5 metres. So why is it that high.

I really dont want to put blames yet, did they sand-fill the entire compound? If the whole compound was sand-filled and the site is large, then it might be worth that price, but anything asides that is total rip-off.
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by oladele007: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ design05 pls i want u to assist me with the rough estimate of raft foundation of 2flats of 3bdroom in each,the land is at ikorodu via ogijo.pls ur idea will be appreciated thanks
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by gen2boi: 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ design5

its actually in ogombo ajah lekki pennusila, i dont fink d whole of d compound was sand filled and the land its on a full 120 by 60 plot,
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by ajileko: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Ytechconst, you are too aggressive and determine on making money on NL at all cost to the extend that you refused to give simple advice/opinion on issues at hand. How much is your affordable cost for a BOQ ? Give us your price here and let us see.
@design5, very good advice, you are doing great. Keep up the good work. We appreciate people that share ideas and willing to help out other nairalander when in need.
@gen2boi, I'm afraid you may have been taken to the the dry cleaner and cleaned up. As design5 suggested, You shouldn't spend more that 2.5 at most for a raft in that area. I can say this because I just finished a raft in that area (Okun Ajah) and the total cost will be about. 2.5m naira. The foundation cost me 1.3m and the German floor will be completed soon for about 1.1m. And this is a 6 bdrms duplex.
It might be too late now but thirdeye, the online building architect wrote a very good article on the breakdown cost of a raft foundation in that area.
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
shocked
@ poster,

There is no need crying over a split milk. I just hope a good job has been done. I wish I could see the building. Pls don't disturb yourself with the cost, what has been done is done. I had a client last year who wasted over 9 million on foundation before we met. Most people use the term RAFT foundation to scare clients. Anyway let sleeping dogs lie. Just be more careful in future deals. Cheers!

@ oladele007

Ordinarily, budget about 4m for this. It may be more or less.
Ogijo, thats after laspotech's main campus. I did a work at Odongunyan early this year and thats before agijo. Honestly that place is at the extreme. Most contractors will charge you a little bit extra to work there. So you might want to have this in mind. Cheers!

@ ajileko
Thanks for the compliment. I see most of your comments on this forum. But I think you should soft pedal on the contractors. There shld always be an allowance for profit. Anyway, hope your project is moving smoothly, Many Cheers!
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by gen2boi: 12:08am On Nov 25, 2009
thank you all for your advice>>>>God bless you and your works
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by ajileko: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2009
The contractors should also take it easy on Nairalanders. Why charge us 50,000 naira on what you normally charge local resident 20,000 naira.
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by ant01: 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ajileko,
how many wood planks did they use, ? 2.5 seems low,
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by ajileko: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
I was lucky on this because my carpenter was able to source for used planks and boards (2x3 and 1x12) from other builders around so he only charged me 20k for rentage. This would have easily cost me about 120k. Remember, if there other building projects going on around you, don't be afraid to go there and source for leftover or used materials. Most of the time you'll be suprise to get them cheap or rent them for a small fee, or even free and you could end up saving yourself a lot of money. Things like woods, sand, gravel/granite, laterite, iron rod and even cement are constantly being disposed off at construction sites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by lawyer(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
I have been induated by these questions these days by owners of fresh plots and i think i have to throw it open to the professionals in the house:

We talk so much about sales of land and we always avoid the other important parts of building, so lets start educating our selves on the next phase From your past experiences:

1. How much will it cost to fence a plot of land and what is the process i.e materials, labour, documents etc. I mean a regular 60 x120

2. How long does it take to fence a plot

3. Is a gate necessary and what kind of gate (Cheap or Expensive) for the time being or for the long run

4. Must you clear the land before fencing or leave it with the bushes? How much does it cost to clear and how long does it take to uproot trees and bushes
Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by ajileko: 12:07am On Dec 08, 2009
Thanks lawyer for all your help on this forum, we really appreciate you very much. Don't mind all the negative minded folks out there, they are just jealous.
Now on the first question, the cost to fence a 60x120 plot of land will depend on several factors. eg location (due to the variance in material cost) type of soil, the reason for fencing (to secure the land or what), how many corners need to be fenced 4 or 3 or 2. and the Omo onile factors.
First of all, the location of your plot will determine the price of the materials you will need and the cost of workmanship. A fence that cost 200k in Agege can easily cost 500k in Lekki.

Second of all, the type of soil will dictate the dept and the type of foundation needed for your fence. You may also need reinforcement beam/pillars if soil is very loose and all these will add to the total cost of the fence.

Thirdly, Just to secure the plot is definitely less expensive and easier task because you can use about 4 or 5 coaches excluding the foundation and gate is not always needed at this stage. You can also do a quick calculation on the number of blocks needed for this task by finding the perimeter of a standard plot.
In this case 60ft x 120ft. (P = 2l + 2w) = (2x60 + 2x120) = (120 + 240) = 360 blocks. So a fence with 4 coaches of blocks will need 1440 blocks (360x4) excluding the foundation.

And lastly, if your neighbour already fenced his/her plot then consider yourself lucky because now you will need less perimeter to work and that will save you money.

As for how long it will take depend on the brick layer and the availability of materials needed. I've seen it done within 5 - 7 days and I've seen it drag on for months. Mine took about two weeks and that was because I was absent during this period. I've noticed from experience that you must communicate to your brick layer if you want the job done faster or else nija builder tend to take there time.

Gate is really not necessary in most cases but if you do install a gate, get a fairly cheap one. And the reason is that by the time finish building your house, you will be too ashamed to keep this gate around, in fact you will pay somebody dispose it for you. I've learned the hard way on this.

You don't need to clear all the bushes and uproot trees on your plot before you fence it but it's nice to clear some spot/area to offload your sand/granite/blocks and space for the brick layer to work. Also some bricklayers might feel uncomfortable working the bush. I guess it all depend on you and how low you are on cash/naira. Also, depending on how thick the bush is, it should be fairly cheap, between 3 - 5k if you get malam/aboki to cut it. Now having said that, you may not have much choices if these trees and thick roots are on the foundation line.
Mine cost me about 600k including a 50k gate which is now almost worthless. About 11 coaches plus concrete slab with another one coaches of blocks for the foundation. Beams/Pillars was also needed every 12ft or so since the soil in that area is loose. I also needed only 3 corners fenced.

1 Like

Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by luckyme9(f): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
So, D  Law. this is your new hide out, I've been looking all over for you.  I e-mailed you a  couple of months ago about my land in Igando-Oloja, you said you'll find out and get back to me.  Anyway my new question now is " do you know how much they calculate the assesment per square meter in this area.  The place is directly behind The Ibeju Lekki Secretariat. Thanks.  We still love and respect you on this forum more that words can describe, that's for those of us who have gained from your comments and advise, GOD BLESS YOU
Regarding the topic,  Ajileko has said it all, I would advise to add the pillars to the fence, regardless of the type of the soil, I lost about 40ft of my fence to a heavy wind last June.  If there were  pillars, I probably would have lost just the 12ft.
You don't have to erect the pillars from the begining if you are just doing 4-5 coaches, you can just leave the space.
As for the gate, I think I would rather install a nice quality gate once and for all, and repaint when the whole house is done. This is simply because I'm an Ijebu woman

3 Likes

Re: Cost For A Raft Foundation With German Floor by realomonile: 12:34am On Feb 29, 2016
A plot of land located at Akesan Lagos state Along Lasu iyana iba going for 1.5m negotiable

Direct seller...

Serious buyer should call/whatsapp 08085310359, 09054800167

Email:realomonile@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 / Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land / Construction Of Duplex And Attached Flats At Osapa London Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.