Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Crying For France And Weeping For Africa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crying For France And Weeping For Africa (594 Views)

Innocents Blood Are Crying For Revenge / Before You Pray For France Do Not Forget To Pray For Sarah Baartman / When You Pray For France Do Not Forget To Pray For Sarah Baartman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crying For France And Weeping For Africa by jkingx(m): 4:47am On Nov 15, 2015
I logged into Facebook this night and saw temporary profile pictures of people with the the French flag as watermark over the entire picture as solidarity for France in this moment of grief. I was following the news since Friday night when the news of the horror broke across the networks and I cry for the innocent souls lost and the grief stricken loved ones. For one moment, I busted with pride at the show of solidarity from world leaders, governments and ordinarily individuals from across the globe for France. I remember a similar scenario played out after the Charlie Hebdo massacre. It looks like there is still a common streak of humanitarian sympathy that runs through people that are still ‘sane’ and not utterly consumed or sympathetic to religious hatred and terrorism.

Wait a minute. Is it possible that there is a semblance of common humanitarian streak still left in us? Maybe there is; only it’s manifestation seem to be determined by certain factors! I can’t recall seeing the kind of solidarity for France displayed when hundreds are continually massacred by terrorist in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa. Let’s not even bother about the middle east which is the home and birthplace of religious colored hatred and terrorism. Yes, I don’t see anything like the display of solidarity given to France. Don’t get me wrong. My heart is absolutely with France but still, I got me thinking.

Is it that the life of say a French man is more valuable that a bush and illiterate Nigerian Villagers? Or that killings and massacres in Nigeria and other African towns and villages are so common place that they don’t count any more? Maybe after all, some men are more equal than others but they say what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

I’m not and will never be the prophet of doom but I’ll tell you something. Europe might be in for a historic nightmare! Europe is mostly Christian that believes in ‘love thine enemies’! Right? While Islam say ‘kill everybody including your family members, friends or neighbors if they believe differently from you! So they (Europe), with gullibility, opened there gate and arms to welcome ‘refugees’ who have been suffering and have managed to escape from the Syrian war and need love blah blah blah…! I have no doubt that the vast majority of these ‘refugees’ or migrants were indeed refugees but even at that, I wondered; How are we sure that the same people who brutally execute innocent people on TV are not part of the ‘migrants crowd’? How do we know that there are no extremist and fundamentalists who are just time bombs in the mix of migrants? Europeans may be gullible enough to see everybody with the Christian eyes of love but I don’t believe Europeans security agencies are so stupid as to not figure out the possibilities the kind of people in the migrants’ crowd. But what could they do about it? I don’t know! If they didn’t know what to do or willing to do it, it doesn’t matter. What matters now is that Europe is a disaster waiting to happen.

As we cry with France, I weep for Africa because no one really give a hoot about the lives of Africans!

http://bluestocker.com/crying-for-france-and-weeping-for-africa/
Re: Crying For France And Weeping For Africa by RealAdewole(m): 4:53am On Nov 15, 2015
I just dont feel comfortable when people are. saying things like this who restrained africa countries from publicising disasters? why couldnt we have a good and reliable media? where are africa countries when those europeans are developing technologically?
Re: Crying For France And Weeping For Africa by Khd95(m): 4:58am On Nov 15, 2015
We r used to bombing erryday,its no longer a new thing,

once we hear there was a bomb blast,d next thing we ask is ''how many pple died''..as if one person isnt badt enough

Terrorism is a global threat,we shouldnt make one country a sacred cow
Re: Crying For France And Weeping For Africa by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Bombing now is way of life in Nigeria! Even CNN don tire to dey carry the news!

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Is Insane Here? / Can You Solve This... / Best Picks For Todays Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.