Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers (553 Views)

Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) / Fashola, Amaechi Others To Earn N485m Yearly / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by morereb10: 7:36am On Nov 15, 2015
The Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission, RMAFC, have approved the remuneration packages of each of the 37 ministers sworn in by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.According to Punch, a committee chaired by Chairman of Remuneration Committee, Mr. Abdullahi Inde, new packages prepared by the committee, had been ratified at a retreat held for commissioners of the agency, which was concluded recently in Owerri.

The recommendations of the committee concentrated on the allowances of political and judicial office holders as the salary packages will not depart significantly from the status quo. However, after the preparation of the new packages by RMAFC, it still has to be presented to the Federal Executive Council which has the responsibility to present it to the National Assembly as a bill for enactment as an Act of Parliament.

Chairman of RMAFC, Mr. Elias Mbam, on Saturday said that the new packages would soon be made public. He said the work was “going through a process of editing.” Presidency sources said that the new ministers would be paid in accordance with the existing statute because the reviewed package was not ready.

According to the current package, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola; Minister of Transport, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi; Minister of Information and Culture, Mr. Lai Mohammed and other senior ministers will get N4,052,800 as housing allowance. The annual housing allowance is 200 per cent of a minister’s annual remuneration.

Each of the ministers is also entitled to N6, 079,200 as furniture allowance. The furniture allowance is 300 per cent of a minister’s annual salary. Unlike the housing allowance, however, the furniture allowance is paid once in four years. This means the furniture allowance per annum is N1,519,800. Should any of the ministers desire, they are also entitled to N8,105,600 as motor vehicle allowance.

The motor vehicle allowance is, however, a loan repayable by the end of the tenure of the minister. The annual basic salary of a substantive minister is N2,026,400. On monthly basis, this amounts to N168,866:66.

Apart from the monthly basic salary, there are other perks that each minister will receive at the end of each month. These include motor vehicle fuelling and maintenance allowance of N1, 519,800 (annual value) with a monthly value of N126,650. The vehicle maintenance allowance is 75 per cent of the annual basic salary.

See complete news at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/fashola-amaechi-co-to-earn-n485m-yearly.html

cc lalasticlala ishilove seun

Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by kaffy4tope(m): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Make I book space fast.

Abeg guys, plz wake me up with many LIKES when it reaches the almighty F.P

Gudnite.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by nnachukz(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2015
Singing Nigeria is BROKE; Nigeria is BROKE. I need my CHANGE o. I haven't seen my CHANGE since...
Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by ZeezaRapture(m): 7:50am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2015
What was the norm before
Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by noeloge82(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2015
Yet we are told that Nigeria is Broke that all should tighten their earnings and expenditure peopke that are shouting for d senators pls see this
Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by Feranchek(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2015
noeloge82:
Yet we are told that Nigeria is Broke that all should tighten their earnings and expenditure peopke that are shouting for d senators pls see this

nnachukz:
Singing Nigeria is BROKE; Nigeria is BROKE. I need my CHANGE o. I haven't seen my CHANGE since...

I'll take it that you didn't read the post, thereby assuming the sum mentioned was for EACH minister. Buh I'd truly you read it and still spewed this thrash, then I join your friends and families to cover my hands in shame on your behalf.

FYI, if you quote me with poo, brovs, you no go like as e go end o0o0oo..... just saying.
Re: Fashola, Amaechi & Co., To Earn N485m Yearly As Ministers by luvinhubby(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2015
I do not have light for 4 days now, the taps are dry for over 1 week now, queued 2hrs to buy fuel at N100 per liter here in Lagos & each of these ministers are going to earn N485 million annually & there principal Buhari is saying Nigeria is broke.

Buhariiiiiii oooooo !! wink

Introducing Governor Jambode! (see His Pose) / Boko Haram Ranked Ahead Of ISIS For Deadliest Terror Group -new York Times / 10 Reasons Why The Police Would Have Been Your Friend