Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian (9833 Views)

Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Christian Girl Burned Alive By Muslims Told Mother To Forgive Them As She Died / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by iliyande(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2015
As long as you live on earth, you won't see the end of injustices. Yet God desires for you to let go of injustices and hold on to His grace. Only He can give you the power to forgive those who have hurt you the deepest.

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."(Mark 11:25)

1. Forgive people who hurt us so that God may forgive us our sins.Mark 11:25

2. Forgiveness doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart.

3. You will begin to heal when you let go of past hurts, forgive those who have wronged you and learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes.

4. Forgiveness does not change your past, but it does enlarge your future.

5. You can't reach for anything new if your hands are full of yesterday's junk.

6. It takes a strong person to say sorry but a stronger person to show forgiveness.

7. Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.

8. Forgiveness is the economy of the heart. Forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.

9. Pain is the fist that knocks you down. Forgiveness is the hand that helps you back up again.

10. Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by damton(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2015
What if I keep getting offended by someone knowing that I will always forgive them.

Meanwhile, FTC. Happy sunday.

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by osabiya16(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2015
grin Second Position Here I Nor Believe Ham

Happy Sunday NL pals
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by biz2get(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2015
#6 Is Very Inspiring grin grin

[size=15pt] GUYs; 6 Ways We Can Hear The Voice Of God![/size]

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by kulobyno: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2015
It's well
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by psychologist(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Good morning.
Believers Convention 2015, starts today.
Fri 6:30pm & continues Sat 7am, 1pm &6pm n Sunday.
Venue-Havilah Event Centre, opp 1stbank, off WAEC, n Yabatech, Jibowu. Lagos........

SAINTS COMMUNITY CHURCH
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by allanphash7(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Ok

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by hemartins(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
I forgive but i don't forget. simple.
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Loyalkidd: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
thats good, h. sunday 2 y'all
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Burger01(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Me I can't forgive Jonathan for eating our collective yams so badly. Haba! angry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by osabiya16(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Forgiveness is a SIN undecidedForgiveness is a SIN
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Daraph(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Adon hear you
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Hysmady(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2015
My so called Stepmother is a Christian and calls herself a prophetess....Shes so harsh and wicked to the extent that if an infant sight her,the infant will cry...She has the gut to chase away my late mom relatives yesterday angry She will never see joy,hapiness,mercy,light,progression,fruit of labour and every good things in her life...AMEN...To the extent that I found out she has charmed and hynotised my dad...My dad doesn't know what he is doing again,he has lost his reputation, respect even his own family, he has turn down on them.......As am typing now they are preparing to go to church...The woman is so ungrateful ,and she calls her self a prophetess undecided I just wish she can read this now and change her ways cus life is to short to be evil...

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by DaBullIT(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2015
Some people just hurt you over and over you get tired of forgiving

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Amack(m): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2015
I don't believe in religious. I believe in the man that do the right thing. I have been to India many Hindus live a lovely and friendly life. That is human. Indian population is over 1.2billion but more United, love and peace than Nigeria that have over 10 million pastors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by joyluv2008: 8:48am On Nov 15, 2015
K
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 15, 2015
Ok....space booked.
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by steffans(m): 8:50am On Nov 15, 2015
Inasmuch as i agree with you..
Forgiveness is very hard oo..

Imagine someone that killed ur parents and thrown you into hardship.. will come and ask for forgiveness

ko easy rara oo undecided
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by winner01(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Okay

2 Likes

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Burger01:
Me I can't forgive Jonathan for eating our collective yams so badly. Haba! angry undecided
Same here
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2015
okay.
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 15, 2015
thanks
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 15, 2015
Hysmady:
My so called Stepmother is a Christian and calls herself a prophetess....Shes so harsh and wicked to the extent that if an infant sight her,the infant will cry...She has the gut to chase away my late mom relatives yesterday angry She will never see joy,hapiness,mercy,light,progression,fruit of labour and every good things in her life...AMEN...To the extent that I found out she has charmed and hynotised my dad...My dad doesn't know what he is doing again,he has lost his reputation, respect even his own family, he has turn down on them.......As am typing now they are preparing to go to church...The woman is so ungrateful ,and she calls her self a prophetess undecided I just wish she can read this now and change her ways cus life is to short to be evil...

Your dad is d source of your problem. Your dad shld av let d sleeping dog lie.

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Jeloma: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2015
Forgive others to receive forgiveness and most importantly to set your self free! What's the point of clinging to all that hurt?? No one's worth it
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by frankwells(f): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2015
K,may God help us all,Op shud have include Colossians 3:13 to back this up

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Hysmady(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2015
Jadonjack:

Your dad is d source of your problem. Your dad shld av let d sleeping dog lie.
how
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by adjoviomole(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2015
Burger01:

But will u forgive buhari for the loss of lives,especially youth corps in d 2011 election?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2015
End time. ****in Lasisi voice****

That's only if buhari can forgive PDP and do the sh** he was elected for.

guess someone needs sense here.
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Drsheddy(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2015
Good
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by BTT(m): 9:21am On Nov 15, 2015
Ultimately, because you deserved the peace that forgiveness brings.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by mrwisesome: 9:34am On Nov 15, 2015
With this reasons one can live a better life
Re: 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2015
Some people just don't worth it! All I will say is just to let go n let God judge them!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Jesus Has Deceived The Christians / “masturbation And Fornication Are No Longer Sinful” – Pope Francis / Tribute To Pastor Ify Irukwu Of Jesus House London Who Passed Away On 4/6/2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.