Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm (2103 Views)

Wedding Of Seyi Tinubu And Layal Holm (Photos) / Pre-wedding Photos Of Bola Tinubu's Son Seyi & His Fiancée, Layal Jade Holm / Seyi Tinubu And Layal Jade-Holm's Pre-weddding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2015
Not even Ronda Rousey is invincible.

In the biggest shock in the UFC's storied history, the bantamweight champion was knocked out cold by Holly Holm in front of a record crowd in Melbourne.

Rousey struggled throughout to cope with the strikes from the former boxing world champion and when she was dropped in the second round, Holm pounced to land a barrage of blows that forced referee Herb Dean to step in.

Ronda Rousey was beaten for the first time in her mixed martial arts career by challenger Holly Holm
Rousey had previously been taken beyond the first round just once in the six defences of her title
But Holm was impressive from the opening bell as she landed repeatedly to the champion's face
And she completed the job in the second round, dropping Rousey before the referee stepped in.

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 15, 2015
Holm celebrates with the belt as she became the first fighter to win world titles in both boxing and mixed martial arts

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by eightsin(m): 7:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Brutal
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2015
Ronda was thoroughly beating by Holly who is miles above her both in skills and in techniques. Ronda will forever remember that last devastating kick from Holly that sent her to Hibernation.

This is the same Ronda bragging and blabbing on how she is gonna beat up Mayweather, she thought she was a female Samson not knowing that there is one silent brute by name Holly waiting to shut her mouth in Melbourne once and for all and she did it with style.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by dustmalik: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2015
This is almost unreal, given how dangerous Ronda is. I remember how she won a match earlier this year, within a few seconds into the match. Let me see if I can watch the replay on YouTube.
All this while I thought she was undefeatable.

2 Likes

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Emperortj93(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2015
Eiyaaaa

now let her focus more on her carrier instead of letting the british media get to her soft head.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2015
I made a few coins on this one .... now the NY Giants need to complete my weekend by pulling an upset too.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2015
Emperortj93:
Eiyaaaa
now let her focus more on her carrier instead of letting the british media get to her soft head.
Don't hate on her commercial / endorsement success .... the Ronda brand will still make $$
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Emperortj93(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2015
kobonaire:
Don't hate on her commercial / endorsement success .... the Ronda brand will still make $$
i doubt maybe if she continue to get knock out in that fashion if she will make any ¥¥ talk more of $$

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by dustmalik: 9:08am On Nov 15, 2015
I just watched the full replay on YouTube. Holly Holm has actually exposed the fact that Ronda can't box well enough. i mean, she can't win the real boxers who also posses techniques. Ronda has always relied on techniques to win her matches.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by jumobi1(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2015
kobonaire:
I made a few coins on this one .... now the NY Giants need to complete my weekend by pulling an upset too.

That's a tall order. The Patriots are too smart for the G Men
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by edoyad(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2015
Chaai.! ! make I go unfollow Rousey for FB Sharp Sharp, this world eh. Let Laila Ali come and try her luck in UFC if her liver reach
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 15, 2015
Please can someone explain to be how these fights are morally justified but dog fights and cock fights are not? Ohh I know because the West said so and maybe because you cant tax the other two. I am sorry but anyone that finds these fights entertaining has a serious problem.

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by igboboy3(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
I guess Ronda Rousey believed her own hype

2 Likes

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Boss13: 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
igboboy3:
I guess Ronda Rousey believed her own hype

Best believe, she was carried away with the success. She also said she could beat every woman in her division with one hand. Laughed when Holly beat the arrogance out of her.

Now she knows she must work harder. Anyways I admired she took UFC and made it a bit popular but she must remember pride comes before a fall. Just read on yahoo that she has been hospitalized.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
jumobi1:
That's a tall order. The Patriots are too smart for the G Men
I de go Church pray for them, IJN Eli & co will conquer Brady & Belichick grin
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Brugge:
Please can someone explain to be how these fights are morally justified but dog fights and cock fights are not? Ohh I know because the West said so and maybe because you cant tax the other two. I am sorry but anyone that finds these fights entertaining has a serious problem.
Dog fights generally result in severe physical damage or on many occasions death of the losing dog. The dogs are also raised in very harsh conditions to make them very aggressive, pit bulls being the breed of choice. There is really no comparison to dog fights and UFC. While UFC does have a degree of harm and injury caused to fighters, it is well controlled and generally safe.

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Emperortj93:
i doubt maybe if she continue to get knock out in that fashion if she will make any ¥¥ talk more of $$
Ha ha ... funny guy .... she did get her face rearranged in the fight
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Guidette(f): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Brugge:
The gift of being human is choice. Animals dont have that unfortunately. QED

2 Likes

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by jumobi1(m): 3:10am On Nov 16, 2015
kobonaire:
I de go Church pray for them, IJN Eli & co will conquer Brady & Belichick grin

Wollop kneegah
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by mikolo80: 3:23am On Nov 16, 2015
byrron:
Ronda was thoroughly beating by Holly who is miles above her both in skills and in techniques. Ronda will forever remember that last devastating kick from Holly that sent her to Hibernation.

This is the same Ronda bragging and blabbing on how she is gonna beat up Mayweather, she thought she was a female Samson not knowing that there is one silent brute by name Holly waiting to shut her mouth in Melbourne once and for all and she did it with style.
no mind d mumu. you go fear sweet chin music
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by mikolo80: 3:25am On Nov 16, 2015
Brugge:
you choose to get into the ring, the dogs do not
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:34am On Nov 16, 2015
If Holly Holm could land her in hospital where she was kept overnight it means challenging Mayweather was suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2015
jumobi1:
Wollop kneegah
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Unbelievable shocked
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by jumobi1(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
kobonaire:
Close game. I had a few heart attacks and a stroke here and there.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by cao(f): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
jumobi1:

Close game, ke? I watched the whole 8 minutes on facebook. Holms had Rousey chasing her, Holms did her homework, she had a game plan. You saw how red Rousey's face was at the end of round one, that was not from exhaustion. Holms countered as quickly as possible, and whenever she could, she'd counter with a one two punch (don't know if that's the correct term, like the elbow she gave after the punch). Once Ronda dropped on her knee the first time, the end was nigh. Holly sank her hook, line and sinker. Rousey believed her own hype and didn't do her homework.

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by jumobi1(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
cao:

Close game, ke? I watched the whole 8 minutes on facebook. Holms had Rousey chasing her, Holms did her homework, she had a game plan. You saw how red Rousey's face was at the end of round one, that was not from exhaustion. Holms countered as quickly as possible, and whenever she could, she'd counter with a one two punch (don't know if that's the correct term, like the elbow she gave after the punch). Once Ronda dropped on her knee the first time, the end was nigh. Holly sank her hook, line and sinker. Rousey believed her own hype and didn't do her homework.

Talking about the football game dear. The fight wasn't close. Holly was technically more sound and executed her plan to a T. Even Ronda knew the plan and fell victim to it. Holly's reach was a severe advantage too.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by kobonaire(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
jumobi1:

Big Blue killed me ... they played great but not good enough to win.
Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by cao(f): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2015
jumobi1:

Talking about the football game dear. The fight wasn't close. Holly was technically more sound and executed her plan to a T. Even Ronda knew the plan and fell victim to it. Holly's reach was a severe advantage too.
Ah...I was wondering, folks keep mentioning the interview she did with Jimmy Kimmel (or was it Fallon?) that she mentioned Holm's technique & how she wouldn't fall for it, oh she fell...woefully.

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Lucasbalo(m): 1:02am On Nov 17, 2015
Pride goeth before fall. That's what happened to Rhonda. She was very boastful and condesceding before the fight. The result was a shocker but in sports, anything could happen.

1 Like

Re: Ronda Rousey Knocked Out Cold In Second Round By Holly Holm by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 17, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Nothern/western Plot Against South/south East (Audio) / See The Stadium NEROS Pharmaceutical Is Building In Anambra (photos) / When Shoprite Opens In Igbo Land (graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.