Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. (5126 Views)

A Leader As An Intercessor - Isaiah 2:1-3, I Samuel 12:23 / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Why Mary Weeps (catholicism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by PastorAIO: 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
I need to go back to school to study my tenses because I get so confused between present tense, past tense, and future tense. They even have past perfect and future perfect.

I have come to the conclusion that only in the future when I ascend will I come to the conclusion.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
PastorAIO:
I need to go back to school to study my tenses because I get so confused between present tense, past tense, and future tense. They even have past perfect and future perfect.

I have come to the conclusion that only in the future when I ascend will I come to the conclusion.

Bros...the thing tire me.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
Millerz:
You are wrong and this verse has absolutely nothing to do with your question.
The verse you just quoted talks about when we finally ascend to our eternal home in heaven, not while we:re still on earth.

Heb12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

So "you have come to" is future tense in your Textbook?
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
@PastorAIO,

Millerz has disappeared to other threads.

He cannot defend his falsehood.

He will not admit he was wrong.

He will rather run away and spread more falsehood on other threads.

smiley
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2015
excuse me... disappear to where? I have a life, I don't live on NL.

its you and your cult of a religion that is in denial. what you practice is idolatry, not Christianity. Not, Mary, not angels have the power to answer prayers. Only God can answer prayers. Mary is no intercessor, otherwise the purpose of the death and resurrection of Christ will be defeated. Jesus Christ is the ONLY mediator and the only way to God the father. Keep inviting demons into your lives. I'm done here.
italo:
@PastorAIO,

Millerz has disappeared to other threads.

He cannot defend his falsehood.

He will not admit he was wrong.

He will rather run away and spread more falsehood on other threads.

smiley
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:

its you and your cult of a religion that is in denial. what you practice is idolatry, not Christianity. Not, Mary, not angels have the power to answer prayers. Only God can answer prayers. Mary is no intercessor, otherwise the purpose of the death and resurrection of Christ will be defeated. Jesus Christ is the ONLY mediator and the only way to God the father. Keep inviting demons into your lives. I'm done here.

Lol...avoiding issues like Orubebe.

First he disappears from here since yesterday morning while he continued to comment on other threads till late night yesterday...Yet pretends he was too busy for nairaland...then comes and says things that we were not talking about...and runs away again.

But the main issue is that he is avoiding my questions which expose his heresy.

Heb12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

OK. So Mary and the Angels can see us. Thank you.

Can they also hear us?

Do you believe that we partake in God's divinity?

Do you believe that God's Divinity includes his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence?
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:

HE HEHE
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:

No you are done. You rather are proud to say 'oh sorry, I now know better'.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2015
Ubenedictus:
HE HEHE

The guy was literally living on nairaland yesterday after he ran from this thread. Look at his posts here:

https://www.nairaland.com/millerz/posts

Yet he pretends he was too busy for nairaland.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
excuse me, proud about what? if you have nothing to say, kindly exit my mentions. bowing to images is idolatry as clearly stated in the bible. Worshipping Mary in the disguise of honoring her is idolatry too. I Owe no one no apologies for speaking the gospel truth.
dmandy:

No you are done. You rather are proud to say 'oh sorry, I now know better'.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
you're totally completely jobless. Do yourself a favour and stop spamming my @.
italo:

The guy was literally living on nairaland yesterday after he ran from this thread. Look at his posts here:

https://www.nairaland.com/millerz/posts

Yet he pretends he was too busy for nairaland.

Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:
you're totally completely jobless. Do yourself a favour and stop spamming my @.

"Jobless" means 'not having a job.'

"Jobless" doesn't mean 'exposing Millerz' error and making him look stupidd and angry.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:
excuse me, proud about what? if you have nothing to say, kindly exit my mentions. bowing to images is idolatry as clearly stated in the bible. Worshipping Mary in the disguise of honoring her is idolatry too. I Owe no one no apologies for speaking the gospel truth.

We Catholics agree with the bold. That's why we don't do them.

What we don't agree with is when you lie in contradiction to the bible that:

1. Mary cannot hear prayers.

2. Christians do not enter her presence (when Heb 12:22-24) says they do.

3. Mary is not an intercessor (when the bible says Mary is like an Angel and Angels intercede and carry our prayers before the Lord)

And because of your fallacy you're afraid to answer these:

OK. So Mary and the Angels can see us. Thank you.

Can they also hear us?

Do you believe that we partake in God's divinity?

Do you believe that God's Divinity includes his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence?
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:

So you are not done afterall. That's what I said and you are fighting.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
dmandy:

So you are not done afterall. That's what I said and you are fighting.

Lol.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by PastorAIO: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is the point where the yabis starts to flow. Bring on the invectives.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
italo:

Lol.

SMH
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by jnrbayano(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2015
italo:

"Jobless" means 'not having a job.'

"Jobless" doesn't mean 'exposing Millerz' error and making him look stupidd and angry.'

Hahahahahaha
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by dhateeboi(m): 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
Guys, I'm sorry for bringing this up
I just get to see it and I really want to share
We don't have to bring any other thing up trying to evade or escape from it pls
If u think u don't have a nice response to it, kindly do not quote at all.

Jesus who is supposed to be a Lord and personal saviour was tempted by the devil.

I mean, Satan tempted God with what he created..

Sister Ruth Ezekiel from The Church of Christ on Stage

Sister Ruth asked, Whose voice was heard in Matthew3:17?

" And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

The answer is "we don't know" because Jesus said,
John 5:37.

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape."

If what Jesus said was true, then the voice in Matthew 3:17 was not from God.

1 Like

Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 8:32am On Dec 20, 2015
dhateeboi:
Guys, I'm sorry for bringing this up
I just get to see it and I really want to share
We don't have to bring any other thing up trying to evade or escape from it pls
If u think u don't have a nice response to it, kindly do not quote at all.

Jesus who is supposed to be a Lord and personal saviour was tempted by the devil.

I mean, Satan tempted God with what he created..

Sister Ruth Ezekiel from The Church of Christ on Stage

Sister Ruth asked, Whose voice was heard in Matthew3:17?

" And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

The answer is "we don't know" because Jesus said,
John 5:37.

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape."

If what Jesus said was true, then the voice in Matthew 3:17 was not from God.

The people Jesus was talking to in John5:37 were likely not present in Matt3:17.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by dhateeboi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
italo:

But jesus said u "never" heard His voice nor see His shape!!

What are then saying?
Do u then mean they are free to lie about hearing from God just because they were not there when Jesus said u never can hear From God?

Abi what are u saying dakun?

The people Jesus was talking to in John5:37 were likely not present in Matt3:17.

Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
@Dhateeboi

Jesus told a group of People in John5:37 that they had never heard God's voice.

Does that mean that nobody had ever heard God's voice?
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by dhateeboi(m): 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
italo:
@Dhateeboi

Jesus told a group of People in John5:37 that they had never heard God's voice.

Does that mean that nobody had ever heard God's voice?

So that mean every other things he said in the bible only refer to the people he was talking to at the time?

Man, face the fact!!
He was saying "Nobody" has heard nor seen Him!!
Period
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by italo: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
dhateeboi:

So that mean every other things he said in the bible only refer to the people he was talking to at the time?

Man, face the fact!!
He was saying "Nobody" has heard nor seen Him!!
Period

I didn't see "nobody" in the verse.

You want to force it in there just to make your non-existent case.
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by dhateeboi(m): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
italo:

I didn't see "nobody" in the verse.

You want to force it in there just to make your non-existent case.

Is that how the Holy spirit has made u understand the verse?
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by vooks: 10:46am On Dec 22, 2015
Satanism has blinded Catholics so bad that they make illogical arguments.

The argument goes like this;
1. The physically dead are spiritually alive in heaven
2. We have fellowship with the physically living
3. Death does not disrupt this fellowship/'communion of saints'

So I need to know from italo.
When last did Chrysostom talk TO you?
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by vooks: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2015
Ayoku777 my broda, one mighty in scriptures like Apollos,
I have been thinking on this subject of angels/saints intercession.
I think we both went off tangent by focusing on activities of the dead saints and angels.

Let's assume angels pray FOR us as do the departed saints.

Do these praying FOR us automatically equal to us praying TO them?

Going back to your position that in OT angels were mediators. Did OT saints pray TO angels?

Practically, supposing Ayoku777 is praying against depravity such as homosexuality and vooks is engaging in the same. Is Ayoku777 praying TO vooks or vice versa?

This is very important because when Catholicism is pointed to how detestable necromancy is, they respond by claiming that talking to the dead and praying TO saints in heaven are different.

Think about this and let me know.

Selah!
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by ayoku777(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:
Let's assume angels pray FOR us as do the departed saints.

Departed saints did not pray for men under the old covenant, and they don't pray for us now under the new. There is not a single scripture upon which to base the assumption that they did then or do now.

vooks:
Do these praying FOR us automatically equal to us praying TO them?

Absolutely not! It doesn't. Someone praying for you doesn't automatically equal you praying to them.

vooks:
Going back to your position that in OT angels were mediators. Did OT saints pray TO angels?

There is no scriptural account (that I know of) of men praying to angels, even under the Old covenant.

Men conversed with angels in the bible, but they didn't pray to them. Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Daniel, Zechariah, Mary, Peter, John etc; all talked to and conversed with angels, but they didn't pray to them.

Conversing with someone is not the same as praying to someone. People only prayed to God.

vooks:
Practically, supposing Ayoku is praying against depravity such as homosexuality and voks is engaging in the same. Is Ayoku praying TO voks or vice versa?

Two people praying for the same thing does not in anyway imply they're praying to eachother. They are both praying to God, just for the same thing.

vooks:
This is very important because when Catholicism is pointed to how detestable necromancy is, they respond by claiming that talking to the dead and praying TO saints in heaven are different.

Praying to departed saints or even asking departed saints to pray for you; is an extra-scriptural doctrine.

Its not a practise found in the bible or a doctrine admonished by the apostles. Only Jesus Christ our High priest prays for us from heaven. And believers on earth are only told to ask for the prayers of fellow believers on earth.

There is nowhere in scripture departed saints where mentioned as praying for saints on earth. And there is no account of where we are told to solicit for the prayers of heavenly saints.

Anything else is going above what is written. Necromancy and praying to saints in heaven are both wrong.

Shalom
Re: Why Mary Cannot Be An Intercessor. by vooks: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2015
ayoku777:

Departed saints did not pray for men under the old covenant, and they don't pray for us now under the new. There is not a single scripture upon which to base the assumption that they did then or do now.

Absolutely not! It doesn't. Someone praying for you doesn't automatically equal you praying to them.

There is no scriptural account (that I know of) of men praying to angels, even under the Old covenant.

Men conversed with angels in the bible, but they didn't pray to them. Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Daniel, Zechariah, Mary, Peter, John etc; all talked to and coversed with angels, but they didn't pray to them.

Conversing with someone is not the same as praying to someone. People only prayed to God.

Two people praying for the same thing does not in anyway imply they're praying to eachother. They are both praying to God, just for the same thing.

Praying to departed saints or even asking departed saints to pray for you; is an extra-scriptural doctrine.

Its not a practise found in the bible or a doctrine admonished by the apostles. Only Jesus Christ our High priest prays for us from heaven. And believers on earth are only told to ask for the prayers of fellow believers on earth.

There is nowhere in scripture departed saints where mentioned as praying for saints on earth. And there is no account of where we are told to solicit for the prayers of heavenly saints.

Anything else is going above what is written. Necromancy and praying to saints in heaven are both wrong.

Shalom

God bless you sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier / Why Was Muhammads Father Named Abd-allah Before Muhammads Prophethood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.