Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Who/how Can I Fix This Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who/how Can I Fix This Car. (2217 Views)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Mountain Of Fire Vs Beer Car: How Will You Describe The Owner Of This Car / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who/how Can I Fix This Car. by drkay(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Pls I need the service of an engineer. My car security system shut down the car engine yesterday at our village. Local engineers and rewire said that there's nothing is wrong with the car after several brain works. What really happened was that the alarm system ran the battery down 2days ago. I called my neighbor who is a battery charger to help me get one battery to start the car. The man came with a battery and 2 wires and he just did the connection without disconnecting the one there, I on the ignition and the car started, I traveled with it for about 3hrs to our village. I noticed that the car system isn't in order as the horn, and glass wining were not working properly but they started working again. I later started hearing some sounds in front. All of the sudden, the car just stop on its own. 2003 mitsubishi outlander.
Re: Who/how Can I Fix This Car. by mayor2013: 10:08am On Nov 15, 2015
drkay:
Pls I need the service of an engineer. My car security system shut down the car engine yesterday at our village. Local engineers and rewire said that there's nothing is wrong with the car after several brain works. What really happened was that the alarm system ran the battery down 2days ago. I called my neighbor who is a battery charger to help me get one battery to start the car. The man came with a battery and 2 wires and he just did the connection without disconnecting the one there, I on the ignition and the car started, I traveled with it for about 3hrs to our village. I noticed that the car system isn't in order as the horn, and glass wining were not working properly but they started working again. I later started hearing some sounds in front. All of the sudden, the car just stop on its own. 2003 mitsubishi outlander.

This sounds like a charging system problem.
Is your alternator charging your battery well?
Is your power source good (battery)? 12.6v
Does your battery goes low on voltage when the car is parked overnight. If yes then this is a parasitic drain. Meaning there is a device draining the battery's voltage. A parasitic drian test can he used to determine this
Re: Who/how Can I Fix This Car. by drkay(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2015
No sir, the alternator charge the battery very well, those rewire checked it yesterday. I thing it has to do with the inbuilt security or code, I don't even know what to do.
Re: Who/how Can I Fix This Car. by mayor2013: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2015
drkay:
No sir, the alternator charge the battery very well, those rewire checked it yesterday. I thing it has to do with the inbuilt security or code, I don't even know what to do.

Run a scan then. I hope they don't mess things up with the car
Re: Who/how Can I Fix This Car. by femicousim: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Who/how Can I Fix This Car. by TRYGO(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2018
If you look at the progression of events on your car,

1. the car horn, and blabla didn't cease to operate immediately after the jump start, but was afterwards you travelled.

2. Heard noises at the front, then car stalled by itself.

Question for you:
When you were driving, was the battery indicator light lit on the dashboard? If no, then your charging system is OK, and not at fault.

***the jump starting procedure employed by the battery man was correct. Can't be blamed on him.

***Issues coming up afterwards, could be a coincidence.

***the intermittent ceasing of the horn, could be related to the horn relay/wires having a partial open in the circuit (caused by corroded damaged wiring). Check the fuse and relay to see if they've got corrosion embedded on them.

***noise you heard preceding the engine stalling, could be something related to the mechanicals (engine, or so). Only a mechanic can determine that for you.

PS: Have you tried starting the car again, to see what happens?

Regards,
Igono Joseph Okeme
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
www.dxta.net.ng
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Help With VIN CHECK / Acura MDX 2005 Vs Honda CRV 2007: Which One Is Better? / Should I Get A Lexus Rx300 Or Toyota Corolla 2005?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.