Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar (622 Views)

(WARRI NEWS)- See As ILL Bliss Take Meet Mark Zuckerberg By Mistake / CEO Of Facebook, Mark Zukerberg Becomes World’s 6th Richest Person (check List) / Founder Of Facebook Mark Zukerberg Welcomes Baby Afta 3 Miscarriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by Brytawon(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2015
Dear Sir,

I write to register my complaint over
your company’s failure to identify with
Nigerians in times of tragedy, but rather
chose to identify with other nations.

Sir, I don’t want to believe your bias was
informed by the assumed superiority of
the races you often identify with.

In any of our recurring tragedies, either
when we were bombed in our
sanctuaries or social gatherings,
Facebook has never identified with
Nigeria.

While my heart goes to the French over
last night’s terrorist attacks that led to
the death of at least 120 people, I
couldn’t but lash at the folly of Facebook
for failure to identify with Nigeria when
an estimated 15,000 Nigerians were
killed by terrorists in round-the-clock
attacks in eight years.

I notice a smashing theme you created
for your 1 billion users to use in order to
identify with a particular people. You
are even more effusive when you pin the
banner on our doorstep for easy use.

When Boko Haram terrorists attacked
Baga town in January this year, the
death toll was estimated at 2,000. This
never melted your company’s heart to
create an instant theme for your 1
billion consumers to identify with
Nigeria.

Let me remind you that in a single attack
on Kano city in January 2012, at least
185 lives perished, and in Bama town in
February 2014, at least 120 Nigerians
were massacred.

In one fell swoop in November 2014,
Boko Haram bombed 220 Nigerians at a
mosque in Kano city, 50 worshippers
bombed at Madalla church in 2011, and
in February 2014, at least 60 students
were slain at a Yobe school. Your
company didn’t identify with us despite
our loyalty to your network.

Let me also remind you that at a
weekend in January 2014, terrorists’
attacks on eight Borno villages left 150
dead. Facebook blinked over it– perhaps
because we are not the same as the
French.

On May 20, 2014, car bombs left a gory
sight at Jos bus terminal and a market.
118 people were declared dead. We
posted the pictures on Facebook, but you
turned your eyes away.

Even #BringBackOurGirls movement,
agitating for the release of 224 school
girls abducted by terrorists, failed to
prick the conscience of your company to
identify with Nigeria. We posted every
activity, every sit-out and every march
on your network, but you blinked over it.

As a company, to gives equal
opportunity and discourages racism I
urge you to identify with not only
Nigerians but Africans in their trying
times.

Attached herewith are two copies of
Nigerian flags for your perusal and
consideration.

Best regards,

Jaafar Jaafar.

source: blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=169679
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by olumide81(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Good
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by Khd95(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mods on duty,do ur work
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by Kagarko(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Khd95:
Mods on duty,do ur work
Nice and apt.
Lalasticlala. FP material.
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
When would we learn?? Nobody likes us!
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by chelseaboi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Our leaders re d cause
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by axortedbabe(f): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hmmmm that's all I can say
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by JoeShiGma(m): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Way to go.
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by pman001(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
its unfortunate how we NIGERIANS go about with #pray for paris when we are not even regarded by these same ppl...the ppl BH Kill are they not humans? they dont pray for NIGERIA or AFRICA wen something bad happens buh we be showing sabi sabi all the time. Eto talked abt dis issue some time ago and he still mentioned how AFRICA is been neglected by these western worlds and not show concern when it comes to AFRICAN lives...i SMH for all those changing dia dp to france flag and have never used NIGERIAN flag as dia dp to show support for lives we lose on a weekly basis in d north.

#pray for NIGERIAN leaders
#pray for NIGERIA
#pray for AFRICAN leaders
#pray for AFRICA
#pray for the WORLD....

PEACE
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by monksta(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
pman001:
its unfortunate how we NIGERIANS go about with #pray for paris when we are not even regarded by these same ppl...the ppl BH Kill are they not humans? they dont pray for NIGERIA or AFRICA wen something bad happens buh we be showing sabi sabi all the time. Eto talked abt dis issue some time ago and he still mentioned how AFRICA is been neglected by these western worlds and not show concern when it comes to AFRICAN lives...i SMH for all those changing dia dp to france flag and have never used NIGERIAN flag as dia dp to show support for lives we lose on a weekly basis in d north.

#pray for NIGERIAN leaders
#pray for NIGERIA
#pray for AFRICAN leaders
#pray for AFRICA
#pray for the WORLD....

PEACE
God bless u and the OPs....used to think people with senses where extinct in Nigeria.... but u two proved me wrong
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by Mirahcul: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Front page please
Re: Letter To Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, By Jafaar Jafaar by Lucialovely(f): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lets Pray for Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: DJ Spinall's Launching Of Album "My Story" ( The Event ) / Victoria Kimani’s African Music Concert Performance In Photos / Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Welcome Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.