Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel (1016 Views)

Buhari's Deafening Silence On True Federalism / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! / Anambra's Boko Haram Prisoners And Buhari's Deafening Silence - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Lordave: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Amidst the laments of erratic Power supply throughout the country, Nigerians are yet to come to reality of the added distress of waking up as early as 4:00am in the morning and heading straight to the Filling Stations just to find out that about 25 cars are ahead of them in the queue waiting to buy fuel while the Station workers are still fast asleep in their various houses and probably not even sure of going to work.

It's appallingly disheartening going through frustrating, illegitimate and unnecessary means to fuel your machines considering that we produce not less than 2.3m barrels of crude oil a day.
Notwithstanding, the alarming silence of our President and also Minister of Petroleum Resources over this biting issue that impinges on the lives of Nigerians calls for massive outcry. This uncaring attitude of our Petroleum Minister cum president has left many people wondering if actually Nigeria fell in the right hands, if actually the president has the interest of the masses at heart or he is just another enforcer of 'government by the people,and for the wealthy few' just like his predecessors. And maybe 'beer parlour' rumours wouldn't have been flying around places on how the scarcity is a scripted shenanigan to frustrate the majority Christians this December for not giving him their votes. Of course, if you are a kind of a bigot and can recall there weren't queues at Filling Stations during Eid Fitr and Eid Kabir, you might believe the rumours and join in the opprobrious remarks.

It's absolutely imperative the Minister addresses this national quagmire with regards to disproving the above distortion for the unity our nation.

NB. This was written out of utmost sincerity on what I experienced, heard, and felt this morning.
The part in bold was what I overheard a group of young men discussing when I went to buy fuel this morning.
Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
undecided kiss
OP I THOUGHT YOU HAD A GOOD PREMISE FOR YOUR ARGUMENT. I AM DISAPPOINTED..

HOW CAN YOU CONCLUDE THAT IT IS BECAUSE CHRISTIANS REFUSE TO VOTE FOR HIM SO HE IS TRYING TO MAKE THEIR CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION A SORDID ONE BY MAKING FUEL SCARCE...

CHAI.... EVEN FOOLS NO LONGER REASON LIKE THIS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by hazyfm1: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sorry... we wil set up a committee to look into this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by psucc(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
They will probe the activities of IPMAN.
Besides, they are HELPLESS.
Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by holocron: 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
It seems that Buhari and the APC has no formula to positively transform this country. He should convene a sovereign national conference immediately, and supervise the restructuring or dissolution of Nigeria.

For a president in his 70s to surround himself with other geriatic officers and ministers; men of the existing status quo who have everything to loose by any institutional change. where will you get the revolutionary out-of-the-box ideas from? They say that a general will always loose new battles when using strategies that worked in previous battles.

Buhari has failed again a fundamental maxim of political power: "POWER CAN NEVER BE MAINTAINED WITH THE FOLLOWING THAT HELPED TO WIN IT"

He failed it before in 1984-85 when he failed to purge from the armed forces, the elements that put him in power, and he is failing again, and history may repeat itself. If things continue like this till next year, I predict a succesful impeachment of buhari, forced resignation of the VP, and constitutional crisis leading to the partition of Nigeria.

Buhari should be the gorbachev of Nigeria and write his name in the granite of history, by peacfully restructuring this country.

One word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by kingsman66(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
PMB do something before you lead yourself in another civil war (biafra)
Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Rikidony(m): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
thats what u get wen a dullard is your petroleum minister,

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Buhari should sack the minister of petroleum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Lordave: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Freemanan:
undecided kiss
OP I THOUGHT YOU HAD A GOOD PREMISE FOR YOUR ARGUMENT. I AM DISAPPOINTED..

HOW CAN YOU CONCLUDE THAT IT IS BECAUSE CHRISTIANS REFUSE TO VOTE FOR HIM SO HE IS TRYING TO MAKE THEIR CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION A SORDID ONE BY MAKING FUEL SCARCE...

CHAI.... EVEN FOOLS NO LONGER REASON LIKE THIS.
You're a bad reader. In fact, you have problem with comprehension.

Where in the article did 'I assert' that it is because Christians refused to vote for him, talk more of 'conclude'?

You're already tryna ridicule me out of context.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Lordave: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Buhari should sack the minister of petroleum
Man, that's so funny.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lordave:
You're a bad reader. In fact, you have problem with comprehension.

Where in the article did 'I assert' that it is because Christians refused to vote for him, talk more of 'conclude'?

You're already tryna ridicule me out of context.

Don't engage him.

They have been trained on how to effectively derail and or discredit any thread or opinion that runs contrary to the APC govt.

Don't be fooled by some of their "foolish" posts it is a high level form of derailing which they were trained to do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel by Lordave: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Don't engage him.

They have been trained on how to effectively derail and or discredit any thread or opinion that runs contrary to the APC govt.

Don't be fooled by some of their "foolish" posts it is a high level form of derailing which they were trained to do.
I was really shocked cos it isn't that difficult for a sound mind to agree with my sincere message.

Anyway, I think you're absolutely right, you're just so right about him!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Zone 12 Command Of The NPF In Borno And Yobe Want To End Insurgency / Biafra: The Full Text Of Nnamdi Kanu’s Apology To President Buhari / (SEE PHOTOS) Work Resumes On Peter Odili Road, Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.