Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose (30800 Views)

Jibrin Marks 100th Day Crusade Against Budget Fraud, Says Dogara Must Be Jailed / New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by bashydemy(m): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
PRYCE:
I didn't see any begging in any of those links oga... all I saw was " I urge the president to call them to order", "I call on the president to intervene ".... The Guy's tone didn't even sound 'beggish'...He sounded like he was even ordering the dullard!.... Looking for non existent things grin
Only a fool will think the way you are thinking now, Why ask someone you wish to die to intervene? what the meaning of intervention... If you ask someone to intervene in matter what does that mean FOOOOOOOL like you.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Chubhie: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
awesome11:

Yea... But the granddad still looks inspiring, strong-willed, younger and capable than his predecessor!
We all agreed GEJ messed up partly due to lack of experience and political will. To tie and use GEJ standard for PMB is dubious and a lame attempt to make things easy for PMB.

All his campaign promises are well documented and such standard should be used to judge him and not how poorly GEJ performed.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by awesome11(m): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chubhie:
We all agreed GEJ messed up partly due to lack of experience and political will. To tie and use GEJ standard for PMB is dubious and a lame attempt to make things easy for PMB.

All his campaign promises are well documented and such standard should be used to judge him and not how poorly GEJ performed.

You are right. Nigerians wanted someone who is more decisive than GEJ and I think they've gotten just that. I'm not trying to make things easy for PMB as that will be to the detriment of our democracy.

But then, I hate it when someone is so lame to allude the supposed inefficiency of a leader to his age. Many countries who are doing fairly quite well are led by septuagenarians.

As for the opposition, we surely need you to help us put the government on their toes. I'm afraid Lai was right, they have to learn to be in the opposition because the quality of their criticism has been pedestrian!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by hadaydhollarpo(m): 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
This man has been a noise maker since ages.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by femtoj2: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pavarottii:

Why will the whole country be ran by one man alone? And who told u buhari is not a thief? Some that falsely declared his asset; someone that dines with thieves; some one that was PTF chairman under the most corrupt regime (Abacha's); now he has put his son to manage the PTF. Full implementation of nepotism in the judiciary and the security agencies. If u don't know that the fraud going on now. We'll his 3more years we will see how many projects he will do in all sectors.

Please can somebody who is an apostle of NEW NIGERIA be kind enough to explain in a simple but clear term what everyone on this thread are actaully saying.

Are you guys saying GEJ administrative style is much better and that of PMB?
Do people think we should have voted GEJ for another 4year term?
Are people saying it was a wrong decision to have voted for PMB? (Considering the state of our nation presently) would they have been able to manage it?

What exactly do we people actually want? With all manner of comments above so far? I doubt the credentials of people that make comments on National Issues.

Please forget political position, a large number of our so called political office holder are not even as well read as some of you guys. Yet same people will talk and the next thing u people would start responding without thinking.

SAY WHAT YOU WANT AND GIVE REASEONS.........

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by omojeesu(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Makes some sense.

This is not unitary government as good as the idea of TSA is to curb our rabid and rancid corruption.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yes o. Who actually owns remita? Who's actually making all that money?
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Vanilla123: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Remita Actually belongs to Deremi Atanda, while SystemSpecs, belongs to Mr. John Obaro,

The chairman of SystemSpecs is the former Director General of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, Dr. Christopher Kolade.

Other directors of the company include a former Executive Vice-Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Mr. Ernest Ndukwe, Mr. Emmanuel Ocholi, Mr. ‘Deremi Atanda and Dr. Emmanuel Eze.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Nellybii: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pavarottii:

Why will the whole country be ran by one man alone? And who told u buhari is not a thief? Some that falsely declared his asset; someone that dines with thieves; some one that was PTF chairman under the most corrupt regime (Abacha's); now he has put his son to manage the PTF. Full implementation of nepotism in the judiciary and the security agencies. If u don't know that the fraud going on now. We'll his 3more years we will see how many projects he will do in all sectors.

Just listen to yourself. He is so corrupt hmmm.
You mentioned him as PTF chair and you are so dumb you forgot he was minister of petroleum and he was head of state. He RULED Nigeria for 20months. Emphasis on that word "Ruled" because it wasn't a democracy.
He had no NASS to check him. He was alpha and omega. Yet he was in charge of oil wells but he never gave himself one. In as much as he is not God, he has earned himself a reputation that is impossible to overlook. Nigeria is in trouble. The only people who pretend not to realize this fact are the ones that put us in this situation. We need someone like PMB to get us out of this mess. We can't continue like this.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by MIM77(m): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Iam sure this man did not process the allegation against Remita b4 talking rubbish. I wonder why a governor will be having a mouth without pampas and some people will be hailing him.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by PRYCE(m): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
bashydemy:
Only a fool will think the way you are thinking now, Why ask someone you wish to die to intervene? what the meaning of intervention... If you ask someone to intervene in matter what does that mean FOOOOOOOL like you.
Good! Now fück off my mentions! And stay out!...
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by me1234: 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
mazeltov:
who is an illiterate? Somebody without any school certificate(s) but understands that ''stealing is corruption or A Phd holder who thinks that stealing is not corruption or someone with all his education, couldn't differentiate between a literate and an illiterate ?

If not because Nigeria is an unfortunate country. We all know how Pdp manipulated Ekiti state's election in favour of Fayose. We all know about the soldier and the video tape. We all know that the election that brought him to power was fraudulent. We all know how Pdp used soldiers to trampled on human's right and disfranchised them. No right thinking Nigerian would forgive Pdp administration an had it been that our judiacial wings is functioning, effective and efficient - a slimeball like Fayose suppose to be chilling behind the bar now.
Mumu go to school to get good education you refuse instead u went to learn how to smoke weed. Check your dictionary you will know the difference
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by lookingfly: 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Blured:
Fayose is a governor I admire but I think he needs to give the present adminstration a space to work without always looking for fault in the government. Nigeria belongs to us all and we must pray that she succeeds and forget our own personal sentiments.

Anyway, I'm a blogger who writes to motivate and advice people on www.lessonoftoday.com
constructive criticism is just what fayose is doing........ Not like the opposite APC dafts used against Gej.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by shegra58: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
centvin008:
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state on Sunday declared he was not attending the meeting called by the Federal Government with state governors on the Treasury Single Account, TSA.

Fayose said his decision stems from his belief that the Ekiti state government was not interested in the TSA policy introduced by President Muhammadu Buhari, which, according to him, is a fraud against Nigeria and its people.

The governor said this in a press statement issued by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka.

Fayose asked the Federal Government to rather remove the veil on the face of REMITA, the alleged firm handling the TSA contract, “so that Nigerians can know the real owners, through whom the All Progressives Congress (APC) is siphoning Nigeria money to fund Kogi and Bayelsa states governorship election.”

“From all intent and purposes, this TSA policy is aimed at recouping money spent on the last general elections by the APC, as well as raise money for future elections, especially the Kogi and Bayelsa States gubernatorial poll.

“It is also meant to enrich some individuals for doing virtually nothing and that can be seen from the discovery of N25 billion that already accrued to just a single company in one month!

“How can the Federal Government justify a transaction in which a single company gets one percent, amounting to N25 billion in one month?

“In this economic situation that Nigeria is, shouldn’t the one percent commission have been negotiated downward to like 0.1 percent which would have reduced the N25 billion to N2.5 billion?
Even manufacturing companies, with thousands of employees don’t make N25 billion profit in one month.

“Therefore, what Nigerians are expecting from the Federal Government is explanation on the alleged N25 billion scam already associated with the operation of the TSA, instead of calling state governors to a meeting that is aimed at imposing the TSA policy on the states.”

Governor Fayose said the Federal Government cannot force its policies on states that are federating units in the Nigeria federation.

“Ekiti State is entitled to its own policies and it is not under any obligation to accept Federal Government policies, especially the TSA that is already robed in the garment of fraud.

“I therefore wish to state categorically that Ekiti State is not interested in the TSA policy and since the State is not interested, I, as the custodian of the popular mandate of the entire people of the state will not attend any meeting called by the Federal Government on
the TSA,” he said.

But a recent report which supposedly emanated from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, may have rubbished Fayose’s belief as it was stated that the parent body of REMITA had existed for about 20 years while REMITA, which is not even a company, has been in existence for about 10 years.

The report also showed that REMITA is not solely entitled to the one percent. Other participating banks are to share from the amount.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/15/buharis-treasury-single-account-is-a-fraud-says-fayose/
Lalasticlala‎
I won't say anything not until APC spend 16years miserably and unaccounted for as PDP did and I think this is just 6months now,in other words PDP should go and learn how to cope as an opposition and stop looking for mistakes and propaganda....Provocation no good oo..mtccheww undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by bashydemy(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
PRYCE:
Good! Now fück off my mentions! And stay out!...
and you stop quoting me EOP
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Justus904(m): 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
Do u think he is like you,a hardened criminal,after alloting primary school last year september salary to build the so called market u are planning to sell to a contractor after finishing it. And also the airport u are planning to sell to afe babalola after doing it because he has 60 percent share in it,but I surely know that the airport is for the road transport workers new garage
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by macaranta(m): 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Whether TSA is a good policy or not,what fayose is saying is right.What's the function of REMITA that they should get a 25billion naira commission per month ?that's 300 billion naira annually.We have FIRs,what's their duty ?why should we outsource the entire function of a parastatal to a 3rd party firm?
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Mboi: 12:10am On Nov 16, 2015
mazeltov:
who is an illiterate? Somebody without any school certificate(s) but understands that ''stealing is corruption or A Phd holder who thinks that stealing is not corruption or someone with all his education, couldn't differentiate between a literate and an illiterate ?

If not because Nigeria is an unfortunate country. We all know how Pdp manipulated Ekiti state's election in favour of Fayose. We all know about the soldier and the video tape. We all know that the election that brought him to power was fraudulent. We all know how Pdp used soldiers to trampled on human's right and disfranchised them. No right thinking Nigerian would forgive Pdp administration an had it been that our judiacial wings is functioning, effective and efficient - a slimeball like Fayose suppose to be chilling behind the bar now.
If you are literate you will be able to differentiate stealing from corruption. APC is corruption and corruption is APC. Fayose raised a point about why him and his state will not be part of the TSA. Make your own point as regards the TSA to prove him wrong not singing PDP this PDP that. Back to our judicial system you mentioned. The tribunals have lately under PMB displayed the highest rate of corruption and kangaroo judgement. Tell me when the electoral act recognizes use of card reader to nullify election if not used. Tell me if Rocha's Okorocha of APC did primaries before the election. Why didn't your President make himself minister for defence, why petroleum. He said he does not know what fuel subsidy is, why did he approve billions of naira for it and weeks after approving the money marketers are yet to receive a kobo from govt. Go straight to the points and counter my argument if you can not accusing PDP or raining abuses because that's what APC knows how to do best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by sugercane: 2:43am On Nov 16, 2015
Agimor:
Can anything good come from Ayodele Fayose!
At least he is a whistle blower
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Korrection(m): 4:29am On Nov 16, 2015
its important you read before making comments...okay?
wachakuta:
Its a shame how Ekiti state wiv all their Education end up wiv dis Tout as governor

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by omogidi234(m): 5:20am On Nov 16, 2015
BigBelleControl:
I thought GEJ introduced it and PMB implemented it.
you are right.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by VagileVictor(m): 5:34am On Nov 16, 2015
FPGEJ introduced Treasury Single Account but not implemented due to the exorbitant amount to be paid to the managing partners. On assumption of office, Bubu of Daura has jumped on the juicy package and negotiated to the detriment of the country to the tune of #25billion.
FPGEJ is a man in all ramifications and will continue to respect him for his doggedness in handling the economy in partnership with Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
The world will soon see the difference in leadership style either in the beneficial or detrimental form.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by 1miccza: 6:15am On Nov 16, 2015
drss:
Monumental fraud is going on under buhari's govt but hypocrisy
of will not led some people see d truth. Hypocrisy is when fraud
taking place under buhari govt, excuses is made for him. Instead
they ar pilling blames on GEJ for d rot taking under buhari 6
months after taking power.
In a bit to show through propaganda dat APC is working, buhari
cluelessly ordered for d transfer of govt funds to TSA without any
form of analysis or scrutiny of d agancy dat will be responsible for
the operation. They huriedly start moving funds as if d banks are
on fire. It will interest you to note dat the reason why TSA was
not fully implemented during GEJ era was because d enabling
invironment was still being put inplace for a hitch free operation of
TSA. One of which is the full implementation of ICT in all govt
ministeries and departments. But Buhari being ICT illiterate never
saw d need for puting stop gap measures to forestall any
leakages. Instead he cluelessly ordered for immediate TSA
implementation. Now dat monumental fruad has been unearthed, they are trying to blame GEJ for their cluelessness.
Stella Oduah bought two bullet proof cars for N200
million, she was crucified but fashola who bought 3 bullet
proof cars for N600 million was celebrated as d best
governor (thief) in nigeria. Not to mention d miracle
website dat cost N78 million.
The hypocrisy in this country stinks to high heavens.
Tufiakwa!!!!!!

If only my felllow Nigerians knew this!!!
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Chubhie: 6:27am On Nov 16, 2015
awesome11:

You are right. Nigerians wanted someone who is more decisive than GEJ and I think they've gotten just that. I'm not trying to make things easy for PMB as that will be to the detriment of our democracy.

But then, I hate it when someone is so lame to allude the supposed inefficiency of a leader to his age. Many countries who are doing fairly quite well are led by septuagenarians.

As for the opposition, we surely need you to help us put the government on their toes. I'm afraid Lai was right, they have to learn to be in the opposition because the quality of their criticism has been pedestrian!
I agree with you. But then, if PDP were to learn the APC brand of opposition this country would be on fire by now. APC set bad examples on what an opposition is. I wonder why we accept abnormalities as norm in Nigerian.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Billygee2u: 6:54am On Nov 16, 2015
BigBelleControl:
I thought GEJ introduced it and PMB implemented it.
has Buhari implemented the national conference report handed over to him by GEJ?
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Billygee2u: 6:57am On Nov 16, 2015
drss:
Monumental fraud is going on under buhari's govt but hypocrisy
of will not led some people see d truth. Hypocrisy is when fraud
taking place under buhari govt, excuses is made for him. Instead
they ar pilling blames on GEJ for d rot taking under buhari 6
months after taking power.
In a bit to show through propaganda dat APC is working, buhari
cluelessly ordered for d transfer of govt funds to TSA without any
form of analysis or scrutiny of d agancy dat will be responsible for
the operation. They huriedly start moving funds as if d banks are
on fire. It will interest you to note dat the reason why TSA was
not fully implemented during GEJ era was because d enabling
invironment was still being put inplace for a hitch free operation of
TSA. One of which is the full implementation of ICT in all govt
ministeries and departments. But Buhari being ICT illiterate never
saw d need for puting stop gap measures to forestall any
leakages. Instead he cluelessly ordered for immediate TSA
implementation. Now dat monumental fruad has been unearthed, they are trying to blame GEJ for their cluelessness.
Stella Oduah bought two bullet proof cars for N200
million, she was crucified but fashola who bought 3 bullet
proof cars for N600 million was celebrated as d best
governor (thief) in nigeria. Not to mention d miracle
website dat cost N78 million.
The hypocrisy in this country stinks to high heavens.
Tufiakwa!!!!!!

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by staymore: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2015
wachakuta:
Its a shame how Ekiti state wiv all their Education end up wiv dis Tout as governor

With the reasons Fayose gave, does he sound like a tout to you?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by djkirkoo2(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2015
mazeltov:

Na Fayose be the first person to rig election for Nigeria wey una dey still pork nose for him state for almost two years now? Tell me the APC state wey dem no rig election for Nigeria. Rubbish.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by nickxtra(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2015
Fayose is deaf and blind not to know that the TSA consultancy agreement was signed between his PDP and the Remita promoters, whose owners are PDP members. This man is daft
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by bibiking7(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2015
Nellybii:
Lol
This is very much expected.
The TSA is a deadly and ultimate killer blow to corruption in management of government funds.. It is only a sincere Leader that is not interested in unscrupulous aggrandizement that can be bold enough to go the way of TSA.
Let me state categorically here that based on the political structure of Nigeria today, neither APC nor PDP can subscribe to TSA idea. PMB is the only politician in both camps that can try this stunt. Based on the current structure, states are conveniently run like business empire extensions of the governors. Contract awards and receipients of payments are shrewed in secrecy. Fayose doesn't speak for himself alone obviously. He speaks the minds of most of Nigerian present and past politicians. Fayose cannot do TSA because all the state and LG contracts go to him even supply of sachet water has to be done by him. He is not alone in this boat. In fact he speaks the mind of Nigeria including me. This is because we are corrupt. Doing things normally has now become a taboo. This is so shameful but it is true. Thank God PMB is in charge so we can be forced to start thinking like normal people and not like Nigerians. This is not self defeatism but it is true. Honestly if you travel outside the country you will realize how upside down things are in Nigeria. Corruption is truly here.

You are very correct.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by ogunsbanjul(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
The reason for Fayose not attending the TSA meeting by the federal government with the state governors is baseless because the so-called TSA contract was signed by the formal government under GEJ.
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by haabimbohlar(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
In as much as this appear to be true but must Fayose always draw attention, very soon your tenure will be over n judgment of what you did will appear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll / Dogara, Adamu Adamu And Tinubu Held A Special Meeting In Abuja (Photo) / Rivers Assembly: Ehie Edison Declares The Seats Of 25 Defected Members Vacant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.