Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ (1663 Views)

New Record Label Strawberry Music Group [S.M.G] Is Looking For Talents / Terry G Is The Best! Check Out This New Song! / Terry G Is On Drugs!?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by lwise(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2009
Copyright War: ‘Terry G Is An Impostor ‘

Dance hall crooner, Ayoola Johnson a.k.a AY.Com opens up on the crisis between him and his producer, Terry G on the hit song Pass Me Your Love

Q: AY.Com, how excited are you that your song, Pass Me Your Love, has been rocking the highly competitive airwaves for soemtime now?

A: I’m very happy to have made a hit in this industry. I really have to thank God because we have a lot of talented artistes out there.

Q: Did you envisage that the song was going to be an instant hit?

A: I would say to some extent, yes. I have many songs, but when I was writing Pass Me Your Love, I knew it would be a hit. In fact, that was why the producer, Terry G told me that ‘guy let me feature in this song.’

Q: What were you really up to before then?

A: I had the video of my single called Gbasibe on air. It was directed by Normoloss. After that, I decided to do more rehearsals and I came up with Pass Me Your Love.

I’m surprised to hear that Terry G begged to feature in the song. A lot of people actually thought he wrote the song.

Pass Me Your Love is AY.Com’s song. I wrote the song and even paid Terry G to produce it. He only featured in it.

Q: Are you sure you guys did not co-write the song, because I have been to shows where he performed the song in your absence?

A: You see, I have heard that from a lot of people, but I have not actually seen him singing the song at shows myself. People in the entertainment industry have been telling me that he has been performing Pass Me Your Love at shows and I think it is unfortunate. I called him to confirm if it was true. I have also warned him not to perform the song whenever I’m not around, but it is sad that he has not listened. Afterall, he has his own songs, so why is he after my song?

Q: Have you made money from the song?

A: When I was promoting the song, Terry G was in his studio making money from other artistes. But now that the song is a hit, he is the one making all the money. My marketer made a mistake by not putting my management number on the album cover and that has made it difficult for people to book me for shows. Terry G is getting the shows because of his name. When people tell him they need Ay.Com for shows, he would go and perform the song alone. At times, he would even call me for shows, claiming he was not paid, but I would later discover that he has been paid for both of us to perform at the shows. I took him as a brother, but he has been backstabbing me, which is not fair.

Q: Have you taken any legal action?

A: I’m using this opportunity to tell the press and Nigerians to beg him to stop making money with my song. I was not brought up in a violent way, so I don’t want to use violence to stop him.

Q: Before he produced the song, how was the relationship between you guys like?

A: He is a friend. This is the first song he has produced for me. He produced the song Fast Money, so it was from there that I started to like him. Our relationship got stronger when we were shooting the Pass Me Your Love video. I even bought the costumes he used in that video for him.

Q: Has the song in anyway changed your financial status?

A: I will say no, considering how far the song has gone. I have not made money, instead I am still spending. But I believe people have not seen the best of AY.Com yet.

Q: What has stardom changed about you?

A: My album is out and for a marketer to market it, he has to pay me some cash, so I have a car right now, a Toyota Camry, and a house of my own, with the support of my family and my financiers, Mr. Stanley Otovo. But it could be better if I were making money from shows.

Q: What are your aspirations now?

A: I’m looking forward to having my own record label so that I can sign on younger artistes. I know what I went through as an upcoming artiste, so I don’t want others to have such experience.

Q: What is the future of the Nigerian music industry going to be like?

A: We are taking over. The Nigerian music is growing very fast. In fact, within the next five years, I see us taking over the world music industry.
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by tosinaded(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2009

When I was promoting the song, Terry G was in his studio making money from other artistes. But now that the song is a hit, he is the one making all the money. My marketer made a mistake by not putting my management number on the album cover and that has made it difficult for people to book me for shows. Terry G is getting the shows because of his name. When people tell him they need Ay.Com for shows, he would go and perform the song alone. At times, he would even call me for shows, claiming he was not paid, but I would later discover that he has been paid for both of us to perform at the shows. I took him as a brother, but he has been backstabbing me, which is not fair.
[\quote]

wut nonsense?
u and ur producer are useless!!!!!
look for other excuses for not getting shows!!!!!!
if terry G wasnt on that song it wnt be a hit!!!!!
and u cnt tell me uve not been getting shows at all!!!!

free terry g jare!!!!!
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by rapjunkie(m): 10:22am On May 19, 2009
tosinaded@:

wut nonsense?Huh
u and ur producer are useless!!!!!
look for other excuses for not getting shows!!!!!!
if terry G wasnt on that song it wnt be a hit!!!!!
and u cnt tell me uve not been getting shows at all!!!!

free terry g jare!!!!!

grin

This ay.com no get sense.

Terry g produced the beat and had the better verse so why would he not get the glory?

Ay.com is lucky that terry g even gave him the beat in the first place.
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by geolabious(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2009
[size=13pt]Heehehe
9ja with all their gossip
This is a dam false story
I can never believe this in my life,
@Poster can u pls provide the SOURCE

This is a true 9ja[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by dammiecool(m): 10:40am On May 19, 2009
no mind d yeye boy,without Terry G There is no pass me ur love e grin grin grin
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by lwise(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2009
from pm news
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by geolabious(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2009
@poster,can you please provide the the link to the story?
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by Krayola(m): 10:07pm On May 19, 2009
If they both made the song, especially if AY.com PAID for the beat, then what Terry G allegedly did is just plain wrong. let's call a spade a spade.

But the music business is not for the un-sharp and it seems AY ain't built for this sh!t!!!
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by A40(m): 11:27pm On May 19, 2009
First and Foremost Terry G's part is the only part i always want to hear on the song anyway so AY.com should chill a bit he doesn't have to resort to these media antics
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by ofokasibe: 2:29pm On May 20, 2009
even J_MARTINS PERFORMS GOOD OR BAD EVEN WHEN TIMAYA AND PSQUARE ARE NOT ON STAGE ,
.AY.COM HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE TOTALLY IMMATURED ,
AND ONE MORE THING BOY WE LOVE TERRY -G A LOT ,,,, BEEF TERRY -G AND YOU BEEF THE WHOLE OF NAIRALAND . YOU DEY HEAR ME SO?
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by rapjunkie(m): 2:37pm On May 20, 2009
ofokasibe:

AND ONE MORE THING BOY WE LOVE TERRY -G A LOT ,,,, BEEF TERRY -G AND YOU BEEF THE WHOLE OF NAIRALAND . YOU DEY HEAR ME SO?

Seconded.

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by Tonyet1(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2009
@almost everyone

wait a minute ya'll, if this story as provided by the poster is true, then i fink what T-baba does is absolutely wrong

its called STEALING, whether he did the main part, or best line or everything, i dont care

i love the song, but Terry G is actually sowing a bad impression of himself b4 people

because AY.com aint sharp aint mean he should not get returns for his labour, commme on ya'll

how exactly are ya'll seeing this,

this is one major reason why piracy strives in our music industry today and yet we the opposers of piracy are the one's supporting the wrong person

its a shame here that people like OFOKASIBE and TOSINABEB@ (names i respect here in this section) are actually the one bleeping up big time

this simply means if you guys are giving the same opportunity you'll do the same

ITS A PITY! - i only feel for the sower who could not REAP just when the HARVEST seems RIPE
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by ofokasibe: 6:00pm On May 20, 2009
@tonte
thats not the point . the point is terry -g is on the song too that gives him a right to perform it automatically ,
i told u about jmartins why didnt timaya complain?because they are both matured , ay dot comma is immatured period.
the problem here is that ay.com is jealous of terrys success .instead of supporting terry , he starts talking thrash . that is not fair on his image . and i dont give 2 effs., Bleep wit terry g u fcuks with nairaland ! period .
the boys are still not smiling!
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by badman(m): 7:16pm On May 20, 2009
why would timaya complain when the song is for j martins, its just like saying psquare cannot perform do me if waje aint around or waje would be annoyed if it was performed in her absence. cos terry produced the beat, delivered the best line and probably made the song a hit doesnt mean he can perform the song without the owners consent. thats if this story is true anyway
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by unix4real1(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2009
badman:

why would timaya complain when the song is for j martins, its just like saying psquare cannot perform do me if waje aint around or waje would be annoyed if it was performed in her absence. cos terry produced the beat, delivered the best line and probably made the song a hit doesnt mean he can perform the song without the owners consent. thats if this story is true anyway

True talk. smiley
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by rapjunkie(m): 9:10pm On May 20, 2009
can somebody set me straight please?

Did terry g perform shows b4 'pass me ur love?' is that the only song terry g is known for?
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by baslone: 11:46pm On May 20, 2009
lwise:

A: He is a friend. I even bought the costumes he used in that video for him.

grin grin grin

Means Mr Bling=Bling no fit afford those clothes be dat.
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by kaypumpin2(m): 12:18am On May 21, 2009
ofokasibe:

@tonte
thats not the point . the point is terry -g is on the song too that gives him a right to perform it automatically ,
i told u about jmartins why didnt timaya complain?because they are both matured , ay dot comma is immatured period.
the problem here is that ay.com is jealous of terrys success .instead of supporting terry , he starts talking thrash . that is not fair on his image . and i dont give 2 effs., Bleep wit terry g u fcuks with nairaland ! period .
the boys are still not smiling!

Get your facts right dude.

J Martins is the actual owner of good or bad and thus have absolute right to perform his song.

Or do you reckon 9ice can't perform Street Credibility without 2face?

ofokasibe:

even J_MARTINS PERFORMS GOOD OR BAD EVEN WHEN TIMAYA AND PSQUARE ARE NOT ON STAGE ,
.AY.COM HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE TOTALLY IMMATURED ,

And i'll advise you speak for yourself rather than this egregious fallacy of hasty generalization.
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by Tonyet1(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2009
@ofokasibe,

u aint getting this straight here, u r making me seem as though u dont even know song and how its operated in the music industry

let me put you straight here:

there is a clear cut difference btw

1. pass me your love - AY.com and Terry G

2. pass me your love - AY.com feat. Terry G

3. pass me your love - AY.com(Remixed) , original song by Terry G

now from the best of my knwoledge , i fink that jam fits into option (2), meaning the real owner to be AY.Com who featured Terry G

According to the laws of piracy:

Owner of the said song, after full purchase and ownership of the processes involved , reserves every right to choose whom to feature as by his decision or manager or any third party by the Law.

and he/she(i.e the owner) has the original right to produce or reproduce his/her song without the consent of the featured, and if the featured seem exposed to compliments as from the owners sond do have no right whatsoever to perform or create the song to his/her credit without the due consent or prior knowledge to the original owner

now judging from this, if AY.com confessed not giving Terry G the right to sing his song, then Terry G is a Thief under the law of piracy angry

and pls dont generalise the whole of NL's to be supporters of a THIEF, there is a difference btw INDIVIDUALITY and GENERALITY embarassed

pls understand music better! wink
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by russellino: 12:05pm On May 21, 2009
Aye Po Gan
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by ofokasibe: 5:18pm On May 21, 2009
oya ma tunga oyatunga oyamatunga , tile tile . he no go better for all terry -g haters for hia! waka !
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by tosinaded(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2009
tonye-t:

its a shame here that people like OFOKASIBE and TOSINABEB@ (names i respect here in this section) are actually the one bleeping up big time

this simply means if you guys are giving the same opportunity you'll do the same

guy take a chill pill and read tru the story again!!!!!!
IT STINKS WITH BEEF AND JEALOUSY!!!!!
the story is funny!!!!

Afterall, he has his own songs, so why is he after my song?

I’m using this opportunity to tell the press and Nigerians to beg him to stop making money with my song. I was not brought up in a violent way, so I don’t want to use violence to stop him.

My marketer made a mistake by not putting my management number on the album cover and that has made it difficult for people to book me for shows [b]most stupid of all the statements

Terry G is getting the shows because of his name

When people tell him they need Ay.Com for shows, he would go and perform the song alone.

At times, he would even call me for shows, claiming he was not paid, but I would later discover that he has been paid for both of us to perform at the shows. I took him as a brother, but he has been backstabbing me, which is not fair.[/b]
[\quote]

tonye how does all this sound to u?
i smell beeeeeeeeeeef!!!!!

av been at shows where mode9 would perform stylee!
av been at shows where 2face wld perform plantashun boiz songs

so wut are we sayn
is ay.com the only artiste in nigeria
he should keep his mouth shut abeg!!!
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by adekampe: 10:59am On May 22, 2009
AY could suck dick, he would be nowhere if he did that song on his own,
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by steve49ja(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2009
lwise:

I have a car right now, a Toyota Camry, and a house of my own

Just one hit track and you can afford a Toyota Camry even own a house? Abeg leave story. . .

You sound like a rich boy even before the hit, you sure se you no be 19? undecided una go just de take music cover up grin
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by mbillyton: 6:54pm On May 22, 2009
no matter how A.Y drags dis it wont stop because Terry G no get songs wey him fit sing personally to pull crowd for now and na A.Y cause am why him go feature person come allow dat person dominate him song like that
Re: Copyright War: ‘terry G Is An Impostor ‘ by chrisical(m): 4:30pm On May 23, 2009
russellino:

Aye Po Gan
yes aye po gan

(1) (Reply)

Biggie Brown Dares P'square, Drops “intentionally” {personally Cover} Download! / [Full Lyrics] Falz – This Is Nigeria (lyrics) / Download This Is Pitakwa By Barz - Port Harcourt Version Of "This Is Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.