Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? (13062 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Burna Boy Banned From UK For 15 Years! / Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2005
Genny has been thrown out of nigeria. Now her base is in Ghana and won't appear in any any Nigerian movies again as far as she doesn't change her attitude!
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2005
Why was she banned from Nigeria?

Although I heard it recently that shes now in Ghana , University of Accra...studying.. i don't know what she's studying......
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2005
michelin89:

Genny has been thrown out of nigeria.. now her base is in Ghana and won't appear in any ALL NIGERIAN movies again as far as she doesn't change her attitude!

Dont think so
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by southpark(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2005
Forgive me to say this is a LIE. Why would she be banned 4rm her country?
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by adesodgi(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2005
I wonder o,can any one ban me from naiaj,i dont think so....lai lai
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2005
don't misunderstand my words...she can live in naija but she will never have a part in a home video again as far as her attitude remains so conceited
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2005
What i know bout her is that she was banned, not only her and some others like RMD, jim iyke and a couple 'em, after, they unbanned them, they were asked to apologise to the people that banned them, but thet never turned up.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by SEGUN2003(m): 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2005
\please do tell us outsiders, although we are Nigerians, we haven1t been home for quite some time, so who is she and why has she been banned?
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2005
Genevieve is an actress, theyve been banned some months ago, not only her, RMD, omotola, emeka ike, jim iyke, ramsey + some were banned by the producers.....After they unbanned them, they were asked to come n apologise but genny, omotola n n some refused to apologise, so they are still banned.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by damygurl(f): 2:23am On Nov 12, 2005
ok but why were they banned in d first place?
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2005
I dont know about that
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2005
i think their attitude was too much. DIVAS co DIVAS ni
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by allonym: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2005
lol. . and the producers are being divas too by banning them. The two need to become more serious. First, establish a well respected industry, then when people start to act up, you can actually have the credibility, name to uphold, etc to ban them. At this point, squabbles between the two groups don't benefit either side.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by goodguy(m): 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2005
I really don't think they were banned forever. According to what I heard, they were banned because so many of them went into the music industry (probably without permission ). Also, I think Genny, RMD, Jim Iyke, etc were asked to abstain from acting for a period of one year since they are the most highly paid actors/actresses in the country. They were sucking too much money!! grin

So I heard.. rolleyes
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by ladysonik: 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2005
she is not ban for live. they called them for a reconciliation meeting and she refuse to attend, so the marketers still consider her banned.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Outkast(f): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2005
I really don't understand this.
Okay, As long as she does her job, what difference does it make if she's a diva and can they actually do that?
Why should they apologise?
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2006
that girl is very rude
what does she think she is?
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2006
why do u think so
have u met her before?
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2006
u aint gotta meet her
but she's rude

i aint gotta know someone be4 i looked at them
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by queen2(f): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2006
Anyhow
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2006
glad u get that.

and thanks for understanding queen
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2006
too bad for gene
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by grafikdon: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2006
Bwahahahahaha, they think they banned her and look how dfar she's gone without them knucklehead marketers. I don't think she needs the marketers' bullshit and she owes nobody no apology. as far as I am concerned, the marketers can kiss her gluteus maximus and also do same to RMD. They want to pay the actors peanuts after ripping off directors and film makers. It's like they have poop in their asses and waste their time looking for the putrid stench that fills the room.

Let the marketers wipe the poop in their arse before crying foul, yeah, and they got lots of poop to wipe.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2006
That aint true!!! She's Currently in Ghana alright cool tongue but it doesnt mean She's been banned! haba! Such plain lies shocked shocked embarassed

I bet She's Only in Ghana Cuz it's peaceful and cool

Could be naija is too reckless 4 her embarassed

abeg!! No One should bite me o! angry
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
who cares if shes dead? she shud go burn in hell for all i care!!!!
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2006
Genny aint rude!! 4 Christ sake!!!!

Genny i feel U,

Go go U Can make it

Go go U can make it
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2006
@joe lipsrsealed

uh uh uh, dont Say that! angry
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by lunafish(f): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2006
Genny's in Ghana studying. She's in Uni.
She said that she would never go to Uni in Naija because the producers and directors bribed her out of UNILAG when she was 18. They were offering her jobs and the loot was calling her name.
Go Genny, get your education.

Education is a priority.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 10:14am On Jun 14, 2006
the banning of Genny and others is part of the foolishness of nigerians and their envious lives.
how much are they making? how would nigeria compete with their counterparts outside nigeria if an actor or actress is not expected to make out money from what he/she is doing well?
Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Jenifer Lopez, Harrison Ford, Samual A. Jackson are good examples of their counterparts abraod but our great actors and actresses are yet to avoid a duplex in good places yet they are been accused of been proud and charging excess money.
if one cannot be proud in what he/she does very well where else?
the problem we have is that we have refused to grow.
who bans a professional in his field? and why?
for those of you who rejoice and celebrete in other peoples' pains should have a rethink.
our dear home movies that has taken over africa should be able maintain the people that brought it out.
in terms of appologies, it should be those who banned them that need to appologies to them and everyother nigerian for their selfish acts.
the home movies have made us proud in and outside nigeria and it is the likes of Pete, rmd, genny, omotala and others that outsides will always want to watch and in the real life, they are surposed to be super rich because they have offered alot to Nigeria. those of u in nigeria not under what am talking about but when you meet people outside u will understand better.
for those of you who conspired to ban them, your cases shall be like that of those who annuled the june 12 if you do not make public confession and appologies to nigerians.
please they are very good bring them back and bring back the taste in nigerian movies as they movies are becoming boring.
the growth of the younger actors and actresses depends on their experiences from the old ones.
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by labbylove: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2006
michellin abi na wetin den dey call u if u no know wetin u go talk i better make u shut up a ah nigerians they keep libeling ,can brother michellin99plz tell me why she was banned 4rm her country haba michellin ino good o
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by KHAMILEON(m): 1:57am On Jun 16, 2006
Una sabi yarn eh!
First the marketers did not barn her, cause they have no right to barn anybody, What they did is blacklist her and some other actors, (they wont market any movie they featured in), So whats this saying??, That y'all business peeps should get your gigs together and invest in Nollywood, open more avenues to market movies so it wouldnt just be in the hands of Idumota marketers (cause they control it), Anyway this na old gist cause its been a year since the so called Blacklist!
Re: Genevieve Has Been Banned From Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 2:18am On Jun 16, 2006
its kindda funny dis actors/actresses dat were banned are outside naija flourishing like never before. genny(although i hate her attitude sometimes but i love her shaa) is making serious money and is a continental icon. RMD and d rest are making cool dough without them greedy marketers. to me the marketers are loosing cuzz if dis top actors dont act, people aint gonn@ buy any non-sense crap dat university grads were paid a couple of hundreds to act. u gott@ respect the player and pay up for u to get the best out of them. this is their talent and dey have the right to charge the amount they want. if u dont fucking like it, leave dem and go find u a cheap actor/actress to starr in your dumb movie.

it is only in naija do people take dis kindda crap, if i were in genny's shoes i wud have done d same, prolly walk to the marketers in dere dumb meeting and tell them to kiss ma ass goodbye, damn haterzzz angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Joke Silva, Ali  Baba & ChiGul Become UNSDG Ambassador / Download Zip. Troye Sivan Album. Bloom Mp3 / One Of The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Spotted At ATM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.