Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand (18279 Views)

MTN Call For A Function Specific Test For Trade Marketing Officer / This Is What I Saw On Saturday When I Was Browsing / When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Timoleon(m): 11:40am On Nov 16, 2015
next time make enquiries before interviews about the salary range for the post advertised..,especially salary range within the recruiting company, den place ur demand similar to dat...could b higher too, but close to what dey offer basically.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by babyfaceafrica: 11:44am On Nov 16, 2015
God will bless your hustle,you gave a safe answer
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Originalsly: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2015
Good answer. The company knows what range they are willing to pay. After not giving a number it was for them to offer you their low number....not insisting on you giving them a number.I guess they are looking to employ the person that gives the lowest number.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by ikombe: 11:47am On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:
I have gone for an interview before, when the interviewer asked me how much |I'm expecting as take-home, NGN 200k just fell-out of my mouth.. The man didn't say anything, when I was given offer letter, my salary was 200k monthly shocked shocked shocked
check well the jazz wey dem give u from your hometown dey work well grin
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by kelvyn7: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:
I have gone for an interview before, when the interviewer asked me how much |I'm expecting as take-home, NGN 200k just fell-out of my mouth.. The man didn't say anything, when I was given offer letter, my salary was 200k monthly shocked shocked shocked

EVEN THE DEVIL DOFF HIS CAP FOR UR LIES grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by skedy1(m): 11:52am On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

It's also possible that you gave them a smaller figure.

That's why OP's answer is cool and fair enough!
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by ikombe: 11:52am On Nov 16, 2015
adonbilivit:
what do u need money for when it's already end time
werey ni eliyin grin

Aburo lasisi
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by babyfaceafrica: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You did well.

1) If it's a good company that appreciates you they will make a fair offer that is inline with the industry. I would throw you in the mid range of the salary scale for your position depending on the interview.

2) If you're a good employee, you can become the CEO in a few years by hard work and education so the point will be moot.

The CEO of my company came in as a mail room clerk years back.

Is this glass half empty or full?
what's the best answer to that question?..enlighten me!
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by hotnsexy4christ(f): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Repent brother, Repent sister, Jesus is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by fpeter(f): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
ignis:
That is the best answer to give to the question, especially in situations where you don't have idea of the salary package of the company.

This bros can lie... Apply for the spokesman of APC, you will be given the job because you got what it takes.

I think say na only me see am
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Stevez32(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You did well.

1) If it's a good company that appreciates you they will make a fair offer that is inline with the industry. I would throw you in the mid range of the salary scale for your position depending on the interview.

2) If you're a good employee, you can become the CEO in a few years by hard work and education so the point will be moot.

The CEO of my company came in as a mail room clerk years back.

Is this glass half empty or full?

The glass is half full
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
what's the best answer to that question?..enlighten me!

OP did well IMHO.

I would have researched the position, company and pay and them formulated an answer based on a range.

But from what I hear about Nigerias economy I still think the best answer was provided at the interview.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by ephi123(f): 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
You would have been kicking yourself in the foot by now if you had mentioned a figure and only realized after the interview that it is a low amount. So just as others have said you gave a good answer particularly for an entry level role.

For experienced roles, it is a different matter.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by babyfaceafrica: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
EgunMogaji:

OP did well IMHO.

I would have researched the position, company and pay and them formulated an answer based on a range.

But from what I hear about Nigerias economy I still think the best answer was provided at the interview.
ok...but I meant the best answer to the glass of water half-filled question?
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by femi4: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
damzy88:
Hello everyone,

I went for an interview last week. The interviewer enquired about how much I was looking to earn. I said since it was entry level position, I believe there is a salary range and an amount fair to me is alright.

Did I make any mistake? I noticed the lady wanted me to be specific. I didn't want to look greedy.

It is a local exploration and production company.

Your opinions please?
You answered perfectly!
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by jomson: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by ace77: 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Pls am new on nairaland Can smone pls direct me on how to post a question. Tanx
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by dacovajnr: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:
Haba broda!! It's too early now..you should've atleast wait till 2pm before you lie diz kyn lie..you had gone for the interview before...fine...dem give you 200k offer.wetin nw happen coz na past tense I dey read with no reference to your present situation..abeg shebi you rejected d job? undecided
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
ok...but I meant the best answer to the glass of water half-filled question?

Six of one or half a dozen of the other.

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by jibzy90(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Congratulations in your dream.

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by KINGTELLER: 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
jibzy90:

jibzy90:

dacovajnr:
Haba broda!! It's too early now..you should've atleast wait till 2pm before you lie diz kyn lie..you had gone for the interview before...fine...dem give you 200k offer.wetin nw happen coz na past tense I dey read with no reference to your present situation..abeg shebi you rejected d job? undecided
skedy1:

It's also possible that you gave them a smaller figure.
That's why OP's answer is cool and fair enough!
kelvyn7:

EVEN THE DEVIL DOFF HIS CAP FOR UR LIES grin
ikombe:
check well the jazz wey dem give u from your hometown dey work well grin

Some folks here dont believe, its a pity... The company in question was once a subsidiary of a defunct telecom firm, if u like believe, if u like dnt, I still have the offer letter with me... case close

2 Likes

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Exponental(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
worry less and pray for God's intervention if and only if that place will be favorable to you.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by kelvyn7: 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Some folks here dont believe, its a pity... The company in question was once a subsidiary of a defunct telecom firm, if u like believe, if u like dnt, I still have the offer letter with... case close

scan and upload that part or ADONBILIFIT undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Smartlife(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Modify: Some folks here dont believe, its a pity... The company in question was once a subsidiary of a defunct telecom firm, if u like believe, if u like dnt, I still have the offer letter with... case close

I don't believe you
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by KINGTELLER: 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
kelvyn7:

scan and upload that part or ADONBILIFIT undecided

Naa I dont need to scan it. send me ur fbk id, I will send u the link
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by KINGTELLER: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
Smartlife:

I don't believe you

Blessed are those that did not see bt believe...
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by miqos02(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
collect anything they give u
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
you should have given the 20% above what your former salary was.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by skedy1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Some folks here dont believe, its a pity... The company in question was once a subsidiary of a defunct telecom firm, if u like believe, if u like dnt, I still have the offer letter with me... case close

No one said you lied, it goes both ways!

NaGodWin in all cases!
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by noblegrex: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Modify: Some folks here dont believe, its a pity... The company in question was once a subsidiary of a defunct telecom firm, if u like believe, if u like dnt, I still have the offer letter with me... case closed
you must be a lucky man even if its true.it doesn't always work that way.the main thing is to play save.atleast if you start work and you're impresive,is either you demand or they increase it for you. Another person will be nailed for what you said or came/fell out of u.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by KINGTELLER: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
noblegrex:
you must be a lucky man even if its true.it doesn't always work that way.the main thing is to play save.atleast if you start work and you're impresive,is either you demand or they increase it for you. Another person will be nailed for what you said or came/fell out of u.

Yeah, I know it's not common…

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2021 Workforce Group Top Talent Graduate Trainee Programme / Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday / Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.