Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand (18286 Views)

MTN Call For A Function Specific Test For Trade Marketing Officer / This Is What I Saw On Saturday When I Was Browsing / When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by victree007(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
damzy88:
Hello everyone,

I went for an interview last week. The interviewer enquired about how much I was looking to earn. I said since it was entry level position, I believe there is a salary range and an amount fair to me is alright.

Did I make any mistake? I noticed the lady wanted me to be specific. I didn't want to look greedy.

It is a local exploration and production company.

Your opinions please?

U nailed it bro... If she wanted u to be specific she would have pressed u for it. Ur response is better than giving a figure because if u did u would be feeling way uneasy than this by now. wish u Godspeed though.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
adonbilivit:
what do u need money for when it's already end time

Hahaha..... Ppl like you are the reason why I cannot leave Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by dwesternmall: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is still hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruiting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to careers@westernmall.co.uk
or go to http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers to apply

Make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!
More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by frank043(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
damzy88:
Hello everyone,

I went for an interview last week. The interviewer enquired about how much I was looking to earn. I said since it was entry level position, I believe there is a salary range and an amount fair to me is alright.

Did I make any mistake? I noticed the lady wanted me to be specific. I didn't want to look greedy.

It is a local exploration and production company.

Your opinions please?

No, you didn't make any mistake my brother. Since you don't know your worth, it's pardonable.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by bummyla(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
It Doesn't Hurt At Times To Be Specific! I Wish You All The Best! Good Luck! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Bflexing(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
I have been to an interview where I answered just as u did and d HR replied saying young man, we know we do have a salary structure for entry level b4 we asked u, so give us a reply in figures.

And some ask that because they have a range for entry level. if you answer that way, they will likely put u on the lowest figure. If you are good enough during interview, no matter the amount (reasonable) u ask for, they will definitely call u to renegotiate
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by adonismuller(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
Invariably you just wanted nairalanders to commend you for your answer....

Okay you have it,your answer was great!
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by Jhamzy(m): 1:06am On Nov 17, 2015
I had that same experience bro. But the Interviewer was persistent, so i had to give her an answer. Though after the Interview, I felt i under priced myself because the company is a multinational one, but new in Nigeria. So i never got any info about their pay package. Dont know if there is an implication to that?
But above all, Faith in God is the key, whether you flop or not.
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by oolooree49(m): 6:15am On Nov 17, 2015
[hmmnn
Re: I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand by sisqonite: 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=40076092]

You did well.

1) If it's a good company that appreciates you they will make a fair offer that is inline with the industry. I would throw you in the mid range of the salary scale for your position depending on the interview.

2) If you're a good employee, you can become the CEO in a few years by hard work and education so the point will be moot.

The CEO of my company came in as a mail room clerk years back.

Is this glass half empty or full?[/quote

The glass is full

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customer Care Job Vacancy At UNC Enterprises / Have You Visited Your N-Power Physical Verification Centre? / Differences Between Getting A New Job In Nigeria And Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.