Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,294 members, 7,957,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:07 PM

South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic (4124 Views)

Buhari Was Not Aware Rail Line Would Pass Through His Village In Daura – Amaechi / Nigeria To Begin Another Civil War To Resist Breakaway ND Republic / Thread For South South Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by IgboDelta: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2015
I support you.

explorer250:

sir you are the one with low esteem and inferiority complex. We dont want ijaw,we dont want south south or niger delta republic. We are igbos south south is not an ethnic group. If you want an alliance please go and negotiate with 'ohaneze ndi igbo'.
If you are not threatened by igbo unity why have you invaded this igbo thread even when it is stated that this is an igbo thread.

#IJAW STOP
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by explorer250(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2015
trapQ:
Well then you can kill yourself cuz I see no reason why what we choose to call ourselves gives you sleepless nights. Unlike you who choose to cuss out on people daily, we chose to unified.
sorry,stop being a hypocrite we know wher we belong
if you interested in our unity please go to ohaneze. Maybe this will shut you up

THE
IKWERRE PEOPLE REAFFIRM THEIR IGBO
ROOT,INAUGURATE OHANAEZE NDI-IGBO
RIVER STATE CHAPTER Press Statement –
The leadership of the Umbrella Igbo youth
organisation Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth
Wing held a meeting after the
inauguration of the Rivers State Executives
of the Pan-Igbo organisation Ohanaeze
NdiIgbo in Port-Harcourt the Rivers State
capital. After the meeting, resolutions were
reached and we wish to state as follows;
1.That we congratulate the Rivers State
chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo under the
able leadership of Prince Igo Okparamma
and the eagle-eye guidance of the leader
of Ohanaeze Ndigbo South-South and
Deputy Secretary-General Chief (Engr.)
Isaac Wonwu for a successful
inauguration. 2.That the historic
inauguration of the Rivers State Executive
Committee of Ohanaeze Ndigbo signifies
the actualisation of the life-long dream of
the founding fathers of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
in Rivers state (such men as Senator
Francis Ellah, Eze C.C Nwuche, Chief
Emmanuel Aguma, and Senator Obi Wali) ,
which is re-uniting the Igbo of Rivers state
with their kits in the South-East and Delta
state. 3.We are overwhelmed at the
resurgence of the Igbo spirit and bold
affirmation of their Igboness by the Igbo
of Rivers state, resulting in the massive
and qualitative turn out for the event
despite the heavy down pour. 4.We hereby
call on those Igbo elements still sitting by
the fence in the Rivers configuration to
immediately identify with their true
brothers; Ndigbo by openly identifying
with Ohanaeze Ndigbo. Not allowing
artificial geographical boundaries to
continue to erode their minds of who they
truly are. ? 5.Furthermore we demand that
as a matter of urgency, the negative
psychological relics of the Biafran war
should be dismantled from every part of
Igboland in Rivers state, with particular
emphasis on the urgent change of name
of the “Liberation Stadium” to either
“Elekahia Stadium” or it be named after a
“son of the soil” who have made his mark
in the field of sports: This will appreciably
bring to an end the sore in the mind of the
people of this region who have been
made to erroneously believed that they
were “liberated” from their brothers
during the Biafran War. 6.We re-affirm the
resolve of the Igbo nation to ensure total
oneness and reunification of every part of
Igboland in Rivers and Delta state, not
through any conquest by working in
concerted synergy with our brethren
located therein... HATERS, HOW MARKET??

www.chidiukwu.com/the-ikwerre-people-reaffirm-their-igbo-rootinaugurate-ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-river-state-chapter/
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by Mckennedy: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2015
where are we the South South?
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by Donarozzi: 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Identity crisis exists in Igboland especially among some Igbo communities in the South-South region of Nigeria. Igbo leaders should solve this problem fundamentally by declaring that all Igbo communities in the South-South should be merged together with the South-East region. Igbo leaders should make this demand a top priority and work together to achieve the goal.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe foresaw the present predicament in 1949 when he said, "The only worthwhile stand we can make as a nation is to assert our right to self-determination, as a unit of a prospective Federal Commonwealth of Nigeria and the Cameroons, where our rights will be respected and safeguarded. Roughly speaking, there are twenty main dialectal regions in the Ibo nation, which can be conveniently departmentalized as Provinces of an Ibo State, to wit: Mbamili in the northwest, Aniocha in the west, Anidinma and Ukwuani in the southeast, Nsukka and Udi in the north, Awgu, Awka and Onitsha in the centre, Ogbaru in the south, Abakaliki and Afikpo in the northwest, Okigwi, Orlu, Owerri and Mbaise in the east, Ngwa, Bende, Abiriba Ohafia and Etche in the southwest. These Provinces can have their territorial boundaries delimited, they can select their capitals, and then can conveniently develop their resources both for their common benefit and for those of the other nationalities who make up this great country called Nigeria and the Cameroons.

"Let us establish an Ibo State, based on linguistic and ethnic factors, enabling us to take our place side by side with the other linguistic and ethnic groups which make up Nigeria and the Cameroons."

The Eze of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien with great wisdom and intelligence advised Igbo politicians to work towards unifying all Igbo communities into one geopolitical zone. Professor Edozien actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently. He called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region.

https://www.nairaland.com/2390549/why-some-s-southerners-denounce-igbo

https://www.nairaland.com/2583504/1949-nnamdi-azikiwes-speech-ibo

1 Like

Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by trapQ: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
You didn't expect me to read that, did you? Stop quoting me with long epistles. I don't live on nairaland.
explorer250:

sorry,stop being a hypocrite we know wher we belong
if you interested in our unity please go to ohaneze. Maybe this will shut you up

THE
IKWERRE PEOPLE REAFFIRM THEIR IGBO
ROOT,INAUGURATE OHANAEZE NDI-IGBO
RIVER STATE CHAPTER Press Statement –
The leadership of the Umbrella Igbo youth
organisation Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth
Wing held a meeting after the
inauguration of the Rivers State Executives
of the Pan-Igbo organisation Ohanaeze
NdiIgbo in Port-Harcourt the Rivers State
capital. After the meeting, resolutions were
reached and we wish to state as follows;
1.That we congratulate the Rivers State
chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo under the
able leadership of Prince Igo Okparamma
and the eagle-eye guidance of the leader
of Ohanaeze Ndigbo South-South and
Deputy Secretary-General Chief (Engr.)
Isaac Wonwu for a successful
inauguration. 2.That the historic
inauguration of the Rivers State Executive
Committee of Ohanaeze Ndigbo signifies
the actualisation of the life-long dream of
the founding fathers of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
in Rivers state (such men as Senator
Francis Ellah, Eze C.C Nwuche, Chief
Emmanuel Aguma, and Senator Obi Wali) ,
which is re-uniting the Igbo of Rivers state
with their kits in the South-East and Delta
state. 3.We are overwhelmed at the
resurgence of the Igbo spirit and bold
affirmation of their Igboness by the Igbo
of Rivers state, resulting in the massive
and qualitative turn out for the event
despite the heavy down pour. 4.We hereby
call on those Igbo elements still sitting by
the fence in the Rivers configuration to
immediately identify with their true
brothers; Ndigbo by openly identifying
with Ohanaeze Ndigbo. Not allowing
artificial geographical boundaries to
continue to erode their minds of who they
truly are. ? 5.Furthermore we demand that
as a matter of urgency, the negative
psychological relics of the Biafran war
should be dismantled from every part of
Igboland in Rivers state, with particular
emphasis on the urgent change of name
of the “Liberation Stadium” to either
“Elekahia Stadium” or it be named after a
“son of the soil” who have made his mark
in the field of sports: This will appreciably
bring to an end the sore in the mind of the
people of this region who have been
made to erroneously believed that they
were “liberated” from their brothers
during the Biafran War. 6.We re-affirm the
resolve of the Igbo nation to ensure total
oneness and reunification of every part of
Igboland in Rivers and Delta state, not
through any conquest by working in
concerted synergy with our brethren
located therein... HATERS, HOW MARKET??

www.chidiukwu.com/the-ikwerre-people-reaffirm-their-igbo-rootinaugurate-ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-river-state-chapter/
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by trapQ: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
What about sabon geri in kano or Kaduna, that's Igbo territory too yh?
EUROBOMBER:

What of Igbo territory in Asaba Delta state which is in SS?

What of Egbema and others in Rivers?
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by ikechu1278: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
trapQ:
What about sabon geri in kano or Kaduna, that's Igbo territory too yh?

No Asaba, Egbema, Oyigbo are all ijaw territory. Land grabbing thieves. I don't even know why I'm forced to share a nation with such a thieving clan as ijaw
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
explorer250:
In the events of recent happenings and in the continued quest of the FGN deploying propaganda with the help of our neighbours and "selfish" leaders to balkanise,brain wash and exploit igbo land especially we in the south south region of the country as a result of the ongoing agitation for "biafra"(though i am not a strong supporter)

I want to categorically say that we igbos in ss and niger delta at large are not aware of any ss or niger delta republic. We constitute the majority of south south and niger delta and therefore we will decide what happens to the region. We currently have two governors in the ss.

WE ARE NOT AWARE OF, AND ARE NOT INTO ALLIANCE WITH ANY SS OR ND REPUBLIC. ANYBODY OR GROUP OF PERSONS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN SUCH SHOULD NEGOTIATE WITH OUR UNBRELLA AND PAN IGBO BODY "OHANEZE NDI IGBO" Anything contrary to this amounts to hostility,hidden and ulterior agenda and most epecially an insult to sensibility.
We might be in the south south but wr know our identity and ethnicity.
Pls only south south igbos and uland igbos are required to comment on this thread.
Please my brothers come in and share your views

Yoruba pls don't u have anything to do with ur lives
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by trapQ: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mumu, I'm not ijaw so try again.

The whole world knows who the land thieves are.
ikechu1278:

No Asaba, Egbema, Oyigbo are all ijaw territory. Land grabbing thieves. I don't even know why I'm forced to share a nation with such a thieving clan as ijaw
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by ikechu1278: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
trapQ:
Mumu, I'm not ijaw so try again.

The whole world knows who the land thieves are.

Illiterate I'm from Asaba and proudly Igbo. Likewise, I've provided a direct quotation from oyigbo and egbema loudly saying they are igbo.

As I said, we are ijaws to your greedy land grabbing thieves since you illiterates on NL trying to tell us who the f2k we are. Thieving monkies.

BTW: I don't care whether you're ijaw or not...you are still a land grabbing thief

1 Like

Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by IgboDelta: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ignore him, He is just a he-goat.

ikechu1278:

Illiterate I'm from Asaba and proudly Igbo. Likewise, I've provided a direct quotation from oyigbo and egbema loudly saying they are igbo.

As I said, we are ijaws to your greedy land grabbing thieves since you illiterates on NL trying to tell us who the f2k we are. Thieving monkies.

BTW: I don't care whether you're ijaw or not...you are still a land grabbing thief

Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by emerged01(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
hmmmm,This is getting interesting!!!
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by IgboDelta: 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
THE BELOW FROM THE ANIOMA NATIONS SUPPORT THE FACT THAT NDI ANIOMA ARE PROUD IGBOS WHO WOULD GO FOR BIAFRA INSTEAD OF NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC

[b]In the memoirs of Chief Dennis Osadebay, he was full of praises for Chief Michael Okpara for all the support rendered to the Midwest regional movement which led to the creation of the new region in 1963 and enthronement of the NCNC in 1964. It is also well-known that many Aniomas were members of the defunct Igbo State Union which cemented the ethnic bounds of all Igbos, west and east of the Niger. There were even agitations to carve out the old Asaba and Aboh divisions and have them merged with the East with the likes of Rev SW Martin of Issele Uku as the main driver of the proposal. To further expose their lies, we have attached a letter written by community leaders of the Ika East area comprising of Umunede, Igbodo, Otolokpo, Mbiri, Ute-Ogbeje and Akumazi and goes as thus:

“We the undersigned, on behalf of the people of Umunede clan,Igbodo clan,Akwumazi clan,Mbiri clan and Ute-Ugbeje clan in Ika Division,Midwest take this opportunity to express our deep gratitude on the historic liberation of the Midwest and wish you God’s guidance.We equally take this opportunity to congratulate His Excellency Major A.O Okonkwo on his appointment as the Military Administrator of the Midwest and pledge our unalloyed support and loyalty to his government. Although we the above 6 clans in Umunede zone have already donated sums of money and foodstuff towards win the war funds on individual clans,we jointly donate herewith the sum of 105 pounds to win the war. WE FERVENTLY PRAY FOR GOD’S HELP THAT WE CRUSH THE ENEMY.While thanking you for what you have already achieved-liberation of Midwest-we wish to place here on record that it will be your guide while deliberating on any future association, our feelings should be put into utmost consideration” Signatories to this September 1967 letter to Ojukwu include: HRH Obi N Gbenoba; Obi of Umunede. HRH A.O Iyeke; Obi of Igbodo, Obi S.C Osagie; Obi of Akwumazi, HRH Obi Ogana; Obi of Mbiri and Regent I Alekwe,Regent of Mbiri. Also signatory to that letter are political leaders including Chief S.O.Osuhor, Chief Z.C Egbuchinem, Chief L.O.C Azikiwe,Chief Odiase,Chief E O Nwabueze, Madam Julie Onyeagwu and Mr B.O Okoh. Source- Nigeria: Echoes of a Century: Volume One 1914-1999 by Ifeoha Azikiwe.[/b]
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by explorer250(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
trapQ:
You didn't expect me to read that, did you? Stop quoting me with long epistles. I don't live on nairaland.

people of your nature fidget when confronted with the truth. I thought you were shouting that ph is not igboland?
You know that we have long rivalry situation on nairaland.
So the long epistle was to cure you of your ignorance and acute paranoia of hipocrisy
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by explorer250(m): 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
ikechu1278:

dont dignify her with your response, she is an urhobo and confirmed igbo hater that lives in igbo land(ph).
I heard that urhobo girls are very ugly, is that true?
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by AyakaDunukofia: 12:09am On Nov 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You have to sympathise with these people that they have low self-esteem and inferiority complex.

"We the Ijaws that constitute the majority in Kano are determined to make Kano part of Ijaw republic". We are determined!

Very poor and disjointed sarcasm for that matter.
Re: South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic by Mckennedy: 6:41am On Nov 18, 2015
other ethnicities putting confusion among the igbo speaking tribes since BC...in this 21st century we are wise now....igbo is igbo...no Anambra or delta igbo..the languages is same..same culture and traditions. we must fight to stop allowing thief's be writing our history..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally Aljazeera Reports About Biafra (video) / Gossip / Israeli TV Interviewer Didn't Believe Nnamdi Kanu Is A Jew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.