Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,039 members, 7,859,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Wandering From The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wandering From The Word (296 Views)

How Do You Stop Your Mind/Thoughts from wandering during Prayers? / Why Was Israel Cursed With Forty Years Of Wilderness Wandering? / Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wandering From The Word by yommyuk: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
A man bought his grandchildren a new toy. After a brief glance at the directions, he set the booklet aside and got busy building. A few frustrating hours later, He humbly opened the instructions again and followed the steps to put the toy together. Soon he was done, and the grandkids were playing happily.

He knew that the manufacturer had a plan for assembling the toy. But he’s a smart fellow and assumed he could figure it out on his own. Many people take the same approach to Scripture that this man took with those directions. Instead of treating God’s Word like a manual to live by, they glance at it only when they aren’t sure what to do next.

The Bible is like the Father’s diagram of Himself. He teaches believers who He is, what He thinks, and how He acts. Knowing the ways of the Lord ensures that we can make wise decisions that honour Him.

The Bible is also God’s instruction book for living. I emphasize that it should be read every day because believers cannot be spiritually successful or victorious without it. In today’s passage, we read that if a person wants to be righteous, his or her life must comply with scriptural principles. Of course, the only way to know what those principles are is to read, study, and meditate upon the Word.

God’s Word is our most valuable possession. Casting it aside is as foolish as tossing away a wallet full of money. Among the Bible’s riches are stories teaching us how to serve the Lord and principles about pleasing Him. It also contains a wealth of instruction for building a righteous and meaningful life.

Jeremiah 23:29
"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?”

John 12:48
“There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.”

Ephesians 6:17
“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

1 Thessalonians 2:13
“And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Knowing God Personally. / Moncler Men Jackets Even / Greater Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.