Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters (1506 Views)

We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / This Is How A Nation Should Be Not What We Have Here (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by IgboDelta: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
Biafra: Nigerian Army warns against act of felony

Jos – The Nigerian Army has warned groups agitating for the dismemberment of the country and committing felony to desist from such acts as once deployed, it shall not hesitate to apply the rule of engagement to the letter.
Speaking with journalists Monday at the Maxwell Khobe Cantonment, Rukuba near Jos, the General Officer Commanding, GOC, 3 Armoured Division, Major-General Hassan Umaru also warned officers and soldiers not to take sides in any conflict in the country.
Giving a reminder on the rule of engagement for internal security operations, the GOC stated that the constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria empowers the Armed Forces to suppress insurrection and act in aid of civil authority to restore order when called upon.
He explained that the rule of engagement of internal security operations include principle of minimum force and proportionality must be applied at all times.
His words, “The Nigerian Army would like to send an unequivocal warning to all and sundry, more specifically to all those threatening and agitating for the dismemberment of the country, committing treasonable felony and arson as well as wanton destruction of lives and property.
“Once deployed, we shall apply the ROE to the letter. It is however hoped that such circumstances would not arise that we should be deployed on such operations because, within the ambit of the law, we shall apply the ROE to the fullest.”
Major-General Umaru added, “It is the duty of an officer or soldier to ensure the enforcement of law and order in conjunction with other security agencies, troops are duty bound to intervene in any situation to avoid a breakdown in peace and stability of an area where they are deployed.
“It is inexcusable for troops to stand aside and watch security situation deteriorate and for avoidance of doubt, the rule of engagement for internal security operations include principle of minimum force and proportionality must be applied at all times.”
He highlighted others to include the application of minimum force limited in its intensity and duration and commensurate with the level of threat posed as well as the application of force necessary to achieve an immediate aim among others.
He informed the public that “officers and soldiers have been warned not to take sides in any conflict as anyone found aiding and abetting any act of arson, vandalism or unprofessional conduct would be severely dealt with according to extant laws.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/biafra-army-warns-against-act-of-felony/
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by madridguy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
Biafra Protesters should be declared a terrorist organisation. grin grin grin shocked shocked
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
Were u igbos not warned of the consequences of your useless protest when we were condemning it you called us names now your are crying victims. i hope the nigerian army do the needful on all those jobless youths.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by IgboDelta: 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
THE CONSTITUTION AND OTHER UN CONVENTIONS CLEARLY STATES THE FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL. THE NIGERIAN ARMY SHOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE AND BE ABLE TO UPGRADE ITSELF TO A MODERN ARMY CAPABLE OF OPERATING IN A CIVILIZED AND DEMOCRATIC ENVIRONMENT. THERE IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH, ASSOCIATION AND EXPRESSION

searching4loove:
Were u igbos not warned of the consequences of your useless protest when we were condemning it you called us names now your are crying victims. i hope the nigerian army do the needful on all those jobless youths.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by B69U: 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
They are not stupid, just waiting for the dullard to hang himself then they have something to charge him with like his Sudanese counterpart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by ArodeTsolaye: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
B69U:
They are not stupid, just waiting for the dullard to hang himself then they have something to charge him with like his Sudanese counterpart.

I'm sure the dullard has gone to Al-Bashir for tutorials on how to murder people and evade international arrest warrant that Biafrans will hang on his neck very soon. The cameras are rolling, the dullard can keep shooting. hehehehehe!
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by Calculia: 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
The jihadist Buhari will not be able to resist the temptation to kill Biafrans much longer, but he sure will face the music at the ICC. Charles Taylor style!
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by ikechu1278: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
B69U:

The person I blame is nnamdi kanu family. I suspect that man is dead, killed by them hence the reason they refuse anyone including his family and lawyer to see him. If that family is smart they should start demanding left and right to see him and if they still refuse, tamd that to the court and I mean a court outside of Nigeria. It'll give IPOB more fire power to seriously destroy and shame that disgrace nation to the black race
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by B69U: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
ikechu1278:

The person I blame is nnamdi kanu family. I suspect that man is dead, killed by them hence the reason they refuse anyone including his family and lawyer to see him. If that family is smart they should start demanding left and right to see him and if they still refuse, tamd that to the court and I mean a court outside of Nigeria. It'll give IPOB more fire power to seriously destroy and shame that disgrace nation to the black race

Even if they kill Nnamdi Kanu, do they now expect that their will be peace and they can continue with Biafra oil? The truth is Biafra is bigger than both Nnamdi and Ojukwu. Biafra is a people out for a revolution. Obama is about to leave the white house as a homosexual campaigner. He achieved nothing in 8 years.

The next President will pick a very keen interest in the Islamist Dictator called Buhari. Between now and then , his war crime list will be substantial for them to issue an international arrest warrant.

1 Like

Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by ikechu1278: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
B69U:

Even if they kill Nnamdi Kanu, do they now expect that their will be peace and they can continue with Biafra oil? The truth is Biafra is bigger than both Nnamdi and Ojukwu. Biafra is a people out for a revolution. Obama is about to leave the white house as a homosexual campaigner. He achieved nothing in 8 years.

The next President will pick a very keen interest in the Islamist Dictator called Buhari. Between now and then , his war crime list will be substantial for them to issue an international arrest warrant.

To their dimwit @ss biafra is about nnamdi, ojukwu and GEJ. They've yet to realize, if a group have a passion for something, they'll forever have that passion no matter the generation.

All I know is I'm seeing biafran agigtator morph
After all, first it was massob who believed in peaceful resolution to bzm/ipob which is a slight peaceful but have a bit of violent opinion... what's coming next.. We know it.
After all that was the same pattern we saw in Mend and BH creation. That zoo nation have yet to learn it's lesson from we can see
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by fineguy11(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

I'm sure the dullard has gone to Al-Bashir for tutorials on how to murder people and evade international arrest warrant that Biafrans will hang on his neck very soon. The cameras are rolling, the dullard can keep shooting. hehehehehe!
empty words from a COWARD.the dullard has caged the flat head monkey in the zoo prison and what was your reaction,to trek about...COWARDS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by Xpaz: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
fineguy11:
empty words from a COWARD.
this Yoruba boy way dey like claim AKS
lols

1 Like

Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by ArodeTsolaye: 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
fineguy11:
empty words from a COWARD.the dullard has caged the flat head monkey in the zoo prison and what was your reaction,to treak about...COWARDS

Your dullard-general called you guys dogs and baboons before you smuggled him into aso rock. Now tell us, where do you belong! dog family or baboon family? grin
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by B69U: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
fineguy11:
empty words from a COWARD.the dullard has caged the flat head monkey in the zoo prison and what was your reaction,to treak about...COWARDS

If u dont mind kindly anwer this question. What is yoruba problem with igbos? What did igbos take from you?
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by lawrenceunaa: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Your dullard-general called you guys dogs and baboons before you smuggled him into aso rock. Now tell us, where do you belong dog family or baboon family. grin
haha guy u the highly mouthed. That guy must really be in the baboon family. Biafra is now in everyone's lips even those in denial.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by ArodeTsolaye: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
B69U:

If u dont mind kindly anwer this question. What is yoruba problem with igbos? What did igbos take from you?

you ain't asking the right person, i don't have a conehead and i don't defecate in open spaces, in order words i am not yorrober.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by B69U: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

you ain't asking the right person, i don't have a conehead and i don't defecate in open spaces, in order words i am not yorrober?

I have readdressed the question.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by jpphilips(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2015
IgboDelta:
THE CONSTITUTION AND OTHER UN CONVENTIONS CLEARLY STATES THE FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL. THE NIGERIAN ARMY SHOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE AND BE ABLE TO UPGRADE ITSELF TO A MODERN ARMY CAPABLE OF OPERATING IN A CIVILIZED AND DEMOCRATIC ENVIRONMENT. THERE IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH, ASSOCIATION AND EXPRESSION

Even in civilized countries, where necessary the state has the right to suspend the fundamental human rights.
Curfew is a breach of the fundamental human right yet no head of Government has ever been arraigned for declaring curfew in their home countries.
The United States under the Patriot act of 2003 has the right to detain a suspect indefinitely.
Bros I will tell you this very boldly so long as you breach the ROE the military will kill you and absolutely nothing will happen.
I asked you guys; what is peaceful about blocking a major highway not with human trafic but debris burning tires and defacing the environment?
Go and protest but limit the invitation you extend to Aba touts if you want to live to tell the story. Did you hear about the imbec!le who jumped on top of the military APC in ph?
Hope you know that a family just lost a hopeless son.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by Yujin(m): 8:25am On Nov 18, 2015
jpphilips:

Even in civilized countries, where necessary the state has the right to suspend the fundamental human rights.
Curfew is a breach of the fundamental human right yet no head of Government has ever been arraigned for declaring curfew in their home countries.
The United States under the Patriot act of 2003 has the right to detain a suspect indefinitely.
Bros I will tell you this very boldly so long as you breach the ROE the military will kill you and absolutely nothing will happen.
I asked you guys; what is peaceful about blocking a major highway not with human trafic but debris burning tires and defacing the environment?
Go and protest but limit the invitation you extend to Aba touts if you want to live to tell the story. Did you hear about the imbec!le who jumped on top of the military APC in ph?
Hope you know that a family just lost a hopeless son.

You called him a hopeless son right? When it starts do not complain. Always remember how it started.
Re: AMNESTY INTL &United Nation Should Take Note Of Army Threat To Biafra Protesters by jpphilips(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Yujin:

You called him a hopeless son right? When it starts do not complain. Always remember how it started.

what will start? chest beating? we are used to that already

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa 2015 Election And Timipriye Sylva's Challenge.. #bayelsadecides / Almajiri Is Not Islamic, Sultan Declares- Leadership Newspaper / Rally In Support Of Fuel Subsidy Removal In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.