Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,533 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts (1487 Views)

Kogi Supplementary Election Results / Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by princeSammyz: 6:37am On Nov 23, 2015
Here was a political icon, when comes another? Rest in Peace to the APC and leading candidate of the "not-yet-concluded" governorship election in Kogi State, Alhaji Prince Abubakar Audu. The Igalas, and the entire state will not only miss you, they will ever remember you.
On the election,the following are the LGAs and numbers of cancelled votes: Adavi 2134, Ajaokuta 1406, Anpka 6021, Bassa 742, Dekina 17,454, Ibaji 2665, Idah 310, Igalamela/Odolu 1501, Ijumu 705, Kabba/Bunu 1767, Kogi 1689, Lokoja 2854, Ofu 4679, Okehi 403, Okenee 676, Olamaboro 2046, Omala 2526 and Yagba West 375. source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/kogidecides-inec-declares-kogi-governorship-election-inconclusive/
Now, if interpretations of and extrapolations from electoral laws eventually allows the conduct of a supplementary election, with Prince Abubakar Audu' running mate, Mr Faleke stepping into his shoes, then, the tale of power shift in Kogi State is just about to turn reality. With 49,953 outstanding votes, an advantage of about 41,000 votes for the APC as it stands, and only about 37,944 votes possible from Igala/Bassa in the supplementary election, a holy conspiracy among our other brothers is all that is required to break the trends, even if it is just this once. This is looking like a political own goal for my dear tribe, the Igala. The interesting paradox where just 12,000 is, in effect, more significant than 37,944. Divine orchestration! Maybe, maybe not.
Afterall, we do not what becomes of elections yet, we continue to wait for INEC to crunch this electoral intricacy, and tell us our fate in simple terms. God bless Kogi State, God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2015
Buhari
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by amnesty7: 6:44am On Nov 23, 2015
A logical analysis. What will be will be! A power shift is imminent.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by YourNemesis: 6:47am On Nov 23, 2015
What are the Implications of Mr Abiodun James Faleke emerging governor?
What exactly are the Igalas scared of ?.... Educate me.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Nelkoko: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2015
D same question shld b 4warded 2 d hausa/fulani y they dont want d igbos 2 rule Nigeria
YourNemesis:

1 Like

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by YourNemesis: 7:03am On Nov 23, 2015
Nelkoko:
D same question shld b 4warded 2 d hausa/fulani y they dont want d igbos 2 rule Nigeria

How many presidents have we had since return to democracy again?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Nelkoko: 7:08am On Nov 23, 2015
The north have dia 2nd shot,yorubas 1 shot n a vice shot,N/D 1 but d igbos don get any shot?
YourNemesis:

How many presidents have we had since return to democracy again?
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by YourNemesis: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2015
Nelkoko:
The north have dia 2nd shot,yorubas 1 shot n a vice shot,N/D 1 but d igbos don get any shot?

The Obasanjo shot was simply a reward for an MKO Abiola, who should have been president, but was murdered. Simple.
Not to mention the fact that the Igbos are not building the necessary bridges, you continue to be sentimental instead of making dialogue. How do you expect to earn the topmost job in the country, with the support of 2/6 regions?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by azimibraun: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2015
I am an Igala person and I am in total support of James Faleke. I fear God and not Man. If Hausas can support GEJ and gave him 25% votes in all nothern states, why won't the Igalas support faleke in the supplementary elections; is the Hausa more God fearing, brotherly and nationalistic than the Igalaman? Our only condition is that Jibrin Isah Echocho should be picked as running mate to Faleke. Two young and brilliant Men with the future ahead of them. The Okun people and the Igalas will simultaneously have the leaders of tomorrow active today. It's a win win for the two blocks.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Nelkoko: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2015
Broda am not ibo but just sayin d truth.we have 3 major tribes in Nigeria hausa,igbos n yoruba.d only igbo man dat got a near shot was okadigbo but wot happened he was tear gassed in kano and killed...d igalas will not have dat so as d tiv will not allow d idomas 2 rule dem
YourNemesis:

The Obasanjo shot was simply a reward for an MKO Abiola, who should have been president, but was murdered. Simple.
Not to mention the fact that the Igbos are not building the necessary bridges, you continue to be sentimental instead of making dialogue. How do you expect to earn the topmost job in the country, with the support of 2/6 regions?
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by YourNemesis: 7:22am On Nov 23, 2015
Nelkoko:
Broda am not ibo but just sayin d truth.we have 3 major tribes in Nigeria hausa,igbos n yoruba.d only igbo man dat got a near shot was okadigbo but wot happened he was tear gassed in kano and killed...d igalas will not have dat so as d tiv will not allow d idomas 2 rule dem

The last time an Igbo man contested for presidency, how much support did he get from the Bigwigs of his region?
talk sense, pls. Diplomacy is key.The Idomas are just in a naturally bad situation which I don't see any way out of.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by princeSammyz: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2015
YourNemesis:
Scared? Many Igalas especially the youths are very comfortable with the idea of power shift, especially with level of performance of the Igalas in the last few years. The only thing is Faleke is an imposed running mate. Many believe he is from Lagos and that he only became Audu's running mate with the enormous influence of Tinubu. This is what we are scared of, not power shift. Kogi is about to become a subsidiary to some powerful Cabals headed by Tinubu and no state , will feel confortable with such
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Nelkoko: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2015
U r right abt dat but wot if d big party pick an igbo man and d hausa n yoruba support him...but u n i know ther is a bad blood...3 ladies cant b frnds surely 1 will b betrayed
YourNemesis:

The last time an Igbo man contested for presidency, how much support did he get from the Bigwigs of his region?
talk sense, pls. Diplomacy is key.The Idomas are just in a naturally bad situation which I don't see any way out of.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by YourNemesis: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2015
princeSammyz:

Scared? Many Igalas especially the youths are very comfortable with the idea of power shift, especially with level of performance of the Igalas in the last few years. The only thing is Faleke is an imposed running mate. Many believe he is from Lagos and that he only became Audu's running mate with the enormous influence of Tinubu. This is what we are scared of, not power shift. Kogi is about to become a subsidiary to some powerful Cabals headed by Tinubu and no state , will feel confortable with such

Igalas have been credited with saying they are the "Born to rule" of Kogi state.
Why are you saying they are comfortable with power shift now? it is this same power of ethnic politicking that made the two major parties have Igala candidates (Both of which already have a terrible rep/history) but were chosen notwithstanding to garner ethnic votes as per the "Nigerian factor"..
We all know the situation too well.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by YourNemesis: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2015
Nelkoko:
U r right abt dat but wot if d big party pick an igbo man and d hausa n yoruba support him...but u n i know ther is a bad blood...3 ladies cant b frnds surely 1 will b betrayed

There are no 'betrayals' in politics.
There are only mutual interests and alignments. If an Igbo party or candidate can align perfectly with a SW or NC candidate, votes from the NW and NE alone won't be enough to make an Hausa/Fulani the president .
This was the situation that played out in 2011 election of GEJ as president, when he won 4 out of 6 regions, even though he was from a Minority ethnic group. Talkless of a big group like Igbo.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by agabusta: 7:37am On Nov 23, 2015
Nelkoko:

You guys are too emotional abeg. Must u bring Hausa/Fulani issue to every thread?

Have u guys presented a candidate to Nigeria and provided him with the backing he needed?

How many of u guys supported Ojukwu with passion when he contested as president? Was it not sad to note that he lost majority of the SE votes to Obasanjo?

How many of u supported Ekwueme when he contested against Obasanjo? Didn't Obasanjo even claim significant SE delegates from Ekwueme?

How many of u guys supported Okorocha to be President when he contested in APC? Was it not that u guys abused him to the high heavens and instigated hate against him?

Assuming a significant proportion of the SE peeps backed him, and strongly put down their voice for him the way the SS did in demanding for the presidency before Obj brought GEJ in, Okorocha would have gotten at least the VP post with PMB.

And that would have given him a greater advantage in clinching the number one seat.

Assuming Ngige was voted for as Senator, he would have automatically become the senate president, which would also have given him an advantage in aiming for the number 1 position.

Pls stop blaming others for everything. Kindly look inwards first.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Okanokan(m): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2015
Inec ought not to have declare an inconclusive election, apc should have been declared winner of the election outrightly. However, i don't see how and what the pdp will do to win the run-off, the odds are staked against them.
Pdp should allow Faleke to be sworn in as Governor.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by princeSammyz: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2015
YourNemesis:

Igalas have been credited with saying they are the "Born to rule" of Kogi state.
Why are you saying they are comfortable with power shift now? it is this same power of ethnic politicking that made the two major parties have Igala candidates (Both of which already have a terrible rep/history) but were chosen notwithstanding to garner ethnic votes as per the "Nigerian factor"..
We all know the situation too well.
Well, I believe one cannot separate the domineering syndrome from the majority group in any political environment. When I said comfortable I was talking from what I have heard and seen. I am an Igala myself and I know a lot of Igala youths that believe that power rotation will prove to be better than the monotonous and perpetual kind of ethnic politics we experience in Kogi State. As for boths candidates of the major parties being Igalas, thats is a party affair.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by princeSammyz: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2015
Okanokan:
Inec ought not to have declare an inconclusive election, apc should have been declared winner of the election outrightly. However, i don't see how and what the pdp will do to win the run-off, the odds are staked against them.
Pdp should allow Faleke to be sworn in as Governor.
Is not a matter of "ought or ought not to". Is a matter of arithmetic and electoral provisions. If there is a supplementary election, APC remains favourite still. but a rerun is more likely here
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2015
To be honest, we the Igalas have scored ourselves a political own goal by supporting Audu en masse. We should have known that he would be poisoned for Faleke to take over. We made a mistake!

But we have not lost out yet. We make the majority in the state and Tinubu cannot come out of nowhere to impose Faleke on us! Not even with Echocho as his running mate. Either Yahaya bello is rewarded for his loyalty to the party or Wada remains. I don't like Bello, but I accept him.
Re: Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts by PassingShot(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2015
azimibraun:
I am an Igala person and I am in total support of James Faleke. I fear God and not Man. If Hausas can support GEJ and gave him 25% votes in all nothern states, why won't the Igalas support faleke in the supplementary elections; is the Hausa more God fearing, brotherly and nationalistic than the Igalaman? Our only condition is that Jibrin Isah Echocho should be picked as running mate to Faleke. Two young and brilliant Men with the future ahead of them. The Okun people and the Igalas will simultaneously have the leaders of tomorrow active today. It's a win win for the two blocks.
This is what APC needs to do.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Plans Another Trip To South Africa / Buhari’s Presidency A Misadventure For Nigerians – Fayose / New Meaning Of USB (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.