Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard (862 Views)

Aliko Dangote And Segun Awolowo Pictured In The Billionaire Private Jet / NPA, Dangote, Flour Mills, Give N4.5 Billion to Rebuild Roads At Apapa Port / Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by alcmene: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, on Monday, announced his resignation from Dangote Flour Mills following South Africa’s Tiger Brands funding withdrawal.

Dangote resigned alongside Olakunle Alake, Asue Ighodalo and Arnold Ekpe immediately after the announcement, which may mean the end of DFM.

Tiger Brands, a South African consumer goods maker, revealed its decision to cease funding its Nigerian division as it undergoes major economic reviews.

“Tiger Brands has decided not to provide further financial support with respect to its investment in Tiger Branded Consumer Goods Plc of Nigeria,” the company said in a statement.

According to Reuters, Tiger Brands has not made money from Dangote Flour Mills (DFM) since paying nearly $200 million for a 65 percent stake in the firm back in 2012.

Though DFM is named after Dangote, his group’s equity stake in the firm is only 10 percent. Anthony Geard, an industry analyst with Investec Securities, said “without Tiger Brands injecting money, it is the end of the line for DFM”.

Dangote Group is investing heavily in the African cement industry, with a plan to build production factories in 18 African countries and Nepal. Tiger Brands has large equity stakes in leading Nigerian companies including Deli Foods and UAC Foods.

http://linkis.com/www.vanguardngr.com/e18wL
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by alcmene: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
And the economic woes continues.....so much for an economy under the tutelage of the most qualified change agent

Make i dodge before naija economy crash on my head smiley
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by DuchessLily(f): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
OK. Coming to take one of the positions.. Then from there I will become CEO grin
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by kingdompropty: 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sai Baba. MTN, Dangote etc that means job loss.
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by vkeydon(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
abokii in action grin
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by PRYCE(m): 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
Potential Job losses!

This government stinks of bad luck!
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by TimeManager(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=alcmene post=40088720]And the economic woes continues.....so much for an economy under the tutelage of the most qualified change agent

Make i dodge before naija economy crash on my head

YOU NEED SERIES OF DELIVERANCE FROM INTELLECTUAL BONDAGE.
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by TimeManager(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
Those guys above me know next to nothing.their comments show the size of their brains.they need brain implants.TIGER BRAND HAS NOT MADE ANY FINANCIAL GAINS SINCE 2012.i guess it is buhari sucking up their money from daura since 2012.When You Are Big,you Are Big! Dangote will not beg anybody to use his goodwill,people will come begging.
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by hinwazaka: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
I laff this country die. They do not know what is going on. The international market is going to bankrupt this nation in 6 months. I swear Buhari , Fashola and Amaechi will spend the next Eid el Fitr and Christmas in jail. All those small boys who are chanting SAI BABA, should get ready for their heads to roll.
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by hinwazaka: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
TimeManager:
Those guys above me know next to nothing.their comments show the size of their brains.they need brain implants.TIGER BRAND HAS NOT MADE ANY FINANCIAL GAINS SINCE 2012.i guess it is buhari sucking up their money from daura since 2012.When You Are Big,you Are Big! Dangote will not beg anybody to use his goodwill,people will come begging.
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Shut up your mouth. You don't know anything. So it is now that the parent company in SA will just realise that they are not making any profit. If you know what is good for you and your family, you better stop this CHANGE rubbish and just lock up. For when the hammer falls, you might just receive the hit.
Re: Aliko Dangote, Three Other Directors Resigns From Dangote Flour Mill-vanguard by TimeManager(m): 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=hinwazaka post=40091740]
Shut up your mouth. You don't know anything. So it is now that the parent company in SA will just realise that they are not making any profit.

BRO,IT IS NOT ABOUT TYPING ENGLISH,IT IS ABOUT READING & UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH.EMPHASIS MUST BE LAID ON 2012,LIKE IT OR NOT.SA REALISES THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO GAINS SINCE 2012 HENCE THE WITHDRAWAL RATHER THAN RENEW THE CONTRACT(BASIC ECONOMICS)
If you know what is good for you and your family, you better stop this CHANGE rubbish and just lock up. For when the hammer falls, you might just receive the hit.

ME AND MY FAMILY ARE ABOUT TO ENJOY THIS CHANGE,I 'D ENJOIN YOU TO TAG ALONG.AS FOR THE HAMMER..NO! THIS CHANGE DOES NOT DEAL WITH HAMMER,WE DEAL WITH COMMON SENSE.
No Lie Only Truth!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki In Huge Trouble! / BREAKING NEWS Petrol Now Sells @..... / Breaking News: Emir Of Katsina Suspends Yariman Katsina, District Head Of Safana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.