Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

UNILAG POST UTME 2010 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG POST UTME 2010 (26295 Views)

Poll: Is it possible for Unilag to hold its Post-ume online?

Yes: 46% (43 votes)
No: 6% (6 votes)
Yes, but it would be held in the school premises: 38% (36 votes)
No, Unilag does not have the capacity to hold the exam online.: 3% (3 votes)
Not sure!: 5% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

2014/2015 Unilag Post Graduate (masters) Applicants / 2014/2015 Unilag Post Utme Cut Off Marks Updates / Unilag Post Ume Cut Off Mark 2009/2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 3:43am On May 20, 2009
The University of Lagos has partnered with Electronic Test Company (ETC) to conduct electronic Post-UME Screening Test for candidates seeking admission into the University for the 2009/2010 academic session.

A memorandum to this effect was signed on Wednesday, May 6, 2009, in the Vice-Chancellor’s office.  The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Tolu Odugbemi OON, NNOM, FAS, signed on behalf of the University, while Mr. Damilola Bamiro signed on behalf of Electronic Test Company.

Professor Odugbemi thanked ETC for collaborating with the University in its effort to fully computerize all activities on campus. He urged the company to execute the project on time.  He reiterated his commitment to Internet connectivity on campus.

smiley

What this means is that Unilag's Post UME is going to be online this year. Prospective students would be made to sit for it at thier designated venues, probably their prospective faculties.

As at 20/05/09 no date had been fixed for the Post UME exams. This is partly connected with the ASUU strike and other technical measures needed to conduct the electronic Post-UME .

For more information either join Ukwuegbu Chijioke's friends on facebook as he updates his members on the Post-UME exams daily or Call- 01 820 7308.

Past Post UME questions are also available!!!
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 3:34am On May 26, 2009
Rumour has it that Unilag's Post UME would hold on btw the 29th of July to the 6th of August. Though this news has not been officially confirmed, we should all assume that the exams would take place on that date.

The Post-UME registration has not yet started, but we are getting news from reliable sources dat it is gonna start either on the 1st week of June or the 2nd week.

DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR PAST POST UME QUESTIONS AS THEY HELP YOU TO PREPARE BETTER

CALL 01 - 820 7308 FOR MORE DETAILS!!!

BEST OF LUCK !!!
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2009
Thanks for the information !!!
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by keyne(f): 8:01pm On May 26, 2009
@ poster
y r u thankin urselflol
anyway,thx 4 d info.thx a million.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2009
Now that the strike is over, we should all be expecting the date of unilag's post ume exam. So stay glued to this page for more information. And thanks for your patience.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by smarttkid(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2009
This is another innovative move by University Of Lagos in this information age. This information can be confirmed from the university website: http://www.unilag.edu.ng/index.php?page=news_viewdetail&id=321
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 8:13am On Jun 04, 2009
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
UNIVERSITY OF BEDFORDSHIRE, UK

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Foundation Programme offered by the University of Lagos in the 2009/2010 Session. Highly successful candidates at the examinations are eligible for consideration for direct admission into the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) and the University of Bedfordshire. This is a strictly non-residential programme. The Univesity will provide an intensive one-year taught Foundation courses of study in the following Faculties:

(A) ARTS

- Linguistics, African & Asian Studies (Yoruba, Igbo)

- Creative Arts

- English

- History and Strategic Studies

- European Languages (French, Russian)

- Philosophy

(B) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

- Accounting

- Actuarial Science

- Banking and Finance

- Business Administration

-Industrial Relations & Personnel Management

- Insurance

(C) EDUCATION

- Adult Education

- Educational Administration

- Education Foundation

- Education Biology

- Education Chemistry

- Education English

- Education French

- Education Geography

- Education Guidance & Counseling

- Education History

- Education Igbo

- Education Integrated Science

- Education Mathematics

- Education Physics

- Education Yoruba

- Christian Religious Studies

- Islamic Religious Studies

- Health Education & Human Kinetics

(D) ENGINEERING

- Chemical

- Civil & Environmental

- Computer

- Electrical & Electronics

- Metallurgical & Materials

- Mechanical

- Petroleum & Gas

- Surveying & Geoinformatics

- Systems

(E) ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES

- Architecture

- Building

- Estate Management

- Quantity Surveying

- Urban and Regional Planning

(F) LAW

(G) SCIENCE

- Biochemistry

- Botany

- Microbiology

- Zoology

- Cell Biology & Genetics

-Chemistry

- Computer Sciences

- Marine Sciences

- Mathematics

- Physics

(H) SOCIAL SCIENCES

- Economics

- Geography

- Mass Communication

- Political Science

- Psychology

- Sociology

(I) PHARMACY

(J) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE

- Dentistry

- Medicine

- Pharmacology

- Physiology

- Physiotherapy

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language and Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration. Note that Engineering, Computer Science and Actuarial Science candidates require credit in Further Mathematics.

SALE AND SUBMISSION OF FORMS

Cost of Application form: N16,000.00 and commission payable at underlisted banks.

Ø Sale of forms: 8th June – 4th July 2009

UBA Unilag (Account No. 01680040000438)

Intercontinental Bank, Unilag (Account No. 0207100000000280)

WEMA Bank, Unilag (Account No. 1015143619). Forms will be collected at point of sale.

Ø Submission of forms (after the capture of biometrics) to the Foundation Coordinators at the Faculties: 8th June - 4th July, 2009.

Conduct of Examination:

v Examination Date: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009

v Venue: Multipurpose Halls, A, B &C, International School Halls, Faculty Lecture Rooms.

v Mode of Examination: All Questions are Multiple Choice.

·Examinations in Mathematics, English Language and 3

relevant subject areas. 40 questions in each paper, i.e.

a total of 200 questions to be answered in 3 hours.

·Students to Report at designated venues - 7.00 a.m.

·Verification of candidates - 7.00 – 10.00 a.m.:

Examinations begin at 10.30 a.m.

Results:- Results will be released on the Internet and at the Faculties on Friday 17th July, 2009.

Period of Programme: 5th October 2009 – 29h June, 2010.

OLUWAROTIMI O. A. SHODIMU, (esq)

REGISTRAR
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2009
As we all the date for the Diploma II exams has been fixed for the 7th of July 2009. Sale of forms starts on the 8th of June to the 4th of July, submission for biometrics is also btw 8th of June to 4th of July.
All exams are multiple choice and twenty questions each.

Now that we know the date of the Diploma exams we expect the Post ume to be about 3weeks after the Diploma II exams. This tends to give substance to the rumour i once talked about .

Stick to this page for more up to date information on the UNilag post ume.

YOU NEED THE PAST POST UME QUESTIONS AND PAST DIPLOMA II QUESTIONS TO PRACTICE FOR THE POST UME EXAMS, IT REALLY HELPS.

CALL ME ON 01 - 820 7308 FOR THE PAST POST UME QUESTIONS OR FOR YOUR PERSONAL QUESTIONS ON THE POST UME AND DIPLOMA II EXAMS OR ADD Chijioke Ukwuegbu as your friend on facebook or the group UNILAG POST UME on facebook.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL IN THE FOURTH COMING EXAMS.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by Michael13(m): 9:20am On Jun 04, 2009
how about our post ume no news yet?
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by kidgenious(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2009
@Micheal13,
Gum dey ur eye.He said keep tabs on dis page,when anytin new comes up.u r gonna c it here or beta still check is facebook thread.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by olatbaba: 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2009
unilag's post ume iz gona be on d 13th - 17th of july, confirmed.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by easrael(f): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2009
abeg make unha post me on this stuff abeg i no want make my pospi kill me this time around
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by bigcil: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2009
amm bxbbx,
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by easrael(f): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2009
god bless my broder
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 1:56am On Jun 09, 2009
Details out from inside the Senate building says d date for Unilag Post-UME has been slated for d 9th - 13th of July. We hear dat d date wud b published on unilag's websit later dis week. This date seems to hold some water cos its gonna happen 2days after d diploma exams (7th of July) and atleast a week before Unilag's 2nd semester exams(20th July-6th August).
A girl just told me dat she purchased d scratch card from Intercontinental Bank at N2000 plus N200 bank charges. So Come to Unilag to purchase ur forms.

POST JAMB AND DIPLOMA II PAST QUESTIONS ARE AVAILABLE. MAKE SURE U GET DEM, DEY REALLY HELP U PREPARE VERY WELL FOR D EXAMS. COME TO UNILAG TO HAVE A LOOK AND IF YOU LIKE IT U COULD PURCHASE IT.

CALL CHIJIOKE ON 01 - 820 7308 FOR D PAST QUESTIONS AND MORE INFO.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by bigcil: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2009
SCREENING OF JAMB/UME CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION IN THE 2009/2010 ACADEMIC SESSION 9TH – 16TH JULY, 2009
Posted On 09 Jun, 2009 back to news home

The University of Lagos hereby announces the details of its 2009 Post-UME Screening Exercise for Admission into ALL COURSES/PROGRAMMES for the 2009/2010 Academic Year. It should be noted that the screening would be computer-based in relevant UME subjects.

A. DATE AND TIME:

The Screening Exercise will take place according to the schedule below between Thursday 9th July and Thursday 16th July, 2008 from 9.00a.m each day

B. ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES:

All candidates who scored 200 and above and have made UNILAG their FIRST CHOICE Institution, in the Joint Admission University Matriculation Examinations are eligible for the screening. In addition the candidates must have (five) 5 credit passes in relevant O’level subjects including Mathematics and English Language at ONE sitting.

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(i) <!--[endif]-->GSM, electronic calculators and other devices are not allowed.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(ii) <!--[endif]-->Parents, Guardians and other unauthorised personnel within and outside the University will not be allowed on the campus and the screening centres during the Post-UME Exercise.

C.PROCEDURE FOR POST-UME SCREENING:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(i) <!--[endif]--> Candidates are to make payment of N1,000.00 to any branch of

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->WEMA BANK Account No: 1016163516

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->INTERCONTINENTAL BANK Account No: 020710000000280

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->UBA Account No: 01680300000147

with the candidate’s registration number.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(ii) <!--[endif]--> Candidates are advised to visit the University of Lagos Website i.e www.unilag.edu.ng, and follow the steps below to print out the screening slip.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Candidate clicks on Post-UME on the Unilag Home Page

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Enters UME Registration Number

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Prints the Unilag Post-UME Screening Slip

D. SCREENING:

What to bring for the Screening:

(a) Relevant O’Level results obtained at One Sitting only.

(b) University of Lagos Screening slip (down loaded from UNILAG web site) in duplicate.

(c) H.B pencil OR Biro

E. SCHEDULE OF SCREENING VENUES, DATES AND COURSES
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

DAY ONE
THURSDAY 9TH July, 2009

Faculty
Course
Medicine
All Courses
Unilag Centre

Pharmacy
Pharmacy
Ikeja Centre

Education
All Courses
Ikeja Centre

DAY TWO
FRIDAY 10TH July, 2009

Faculty
Course
Engineering
All Courses
Ikeja Centre

Sciences
All Courses
Unilag Centre

Environmental Sciences
All Courses
Unilag Centre

DAY THREE
MONDAY 13TH July, 2009

Faculty
Course
Law
Law
Unilag Centre

Arts
All Courses
Ikeja Centre

Business Administration
Business Administration
Unilag Centre

DAY FOUR
TUESDAY 14TH July, 2009

Faculty
Course
Business Admin.
Accounting
Unilag Centre

Business Admin.
Insurance
Unilag, Centre

Business Admin.
Actuarial Science
Unilag, Centre

Business Admin.
I.R.P.M.
Ikeja Centre

Business Admin.
Finance
Ikeja Centre

DAY FIVE
WEDNESDAY 15TH July, 2009

Faculty
Course
Social Sciences
Economics
Unilag Centre

Social Sciences
Geography
Unilag Centre

Social Sciences
Mass Communication
Unilag Centre

Social Sciences
Sociology and Social Work
Ikeja Centre

Social Sciences
Political Science
Ikeja Centre

Social Sciences
Psychology
Ikeja Centre

DAY SIX
THURSDAY 16TH July, 2009

General (to be

Determined).
{Eligible candidates }

{ to be determined }
Unilag Centre

F. PRACTICE TEST

In order to be familiar with the use of computer for the computer based test, candidates are advised to click on Post-UME Practice Test on Unilag Website and follow subsequent instructions.

G. PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING RESULTS FROM UNILAG WEBSITE:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(I) <!--[endif]-->Candidates are advised to pay a sum of N1,000.00 to any of the branch of the following banks:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->WEMA BANK Account No: 1016163516

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->INTERCONTINENTAL BANK Account No: 020710000000280

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->UBA Account No: 01680300000147

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(ii) <!--[endif]-->Go to Unilag Website home page

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(iii) <!--[endif]-->Clicks on Post-Jamb.

(iii) Enters UME Registration Number.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->(iv) <!--[endif]-->Print out result.

FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE CENTRES

UNILAG - CENTRE A – MULTIPURPOSE HALL

CENTRE B - NEW SITE (BY FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES)

IKEJA - ADEBAYO AKANDE CENTRE, NO. 1 OBA AKRAN ROAD, BESIDE

AWOLOWO HOUSE, IKEJA

ALL concerned are advised to abide by the guidelines for a hitch free screening exercise.

PAYMENT FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE WILL CLOSE ON THURSDAY 2ND JULY, 2009

THE RESULTS WILL BE READY FROM 18TH JULY, 2009.

Thank you.

OLUWAROTIMI O.A. SHODIMU ESQ.

REGISTRAR

Copyright © 2006 University of Lagos, Lagos-Nigeria. All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Site Map
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by holyjossy: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2009
My people can i still get change of institution into UNILAG? the person that registered for me did not apply for unilag,
what can i do now?.
SOMEBODY HELP OOOO!!!!
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2009
The Date is officially out !!!!

GET YOUR PAST QUESTIONS NOW,

CALL 01 - 820 7308 FOR MORE INFORMATION AND YOUR PAST QUESTIONS!!!!!
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by Maycher(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2009
Hi all! I need more info on how it wud b held. On their site, i saw visit post ume practice test 2 familiarize urself with d newly adopted system. Any idea?

Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by ELDERLAGON: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
Everything is now settled as regards 2009/2010 Unilag post-ume test.i want to enjoin every applicant to study hard because the exam is surely to test your suitability for your proposed course.I am of the opinion that if you could get up to 200 in your JAMB without any assistance or 'runs' during exam,with little effort on your side,you are sure of brilliant score in the test.Just get a copy of the Unilag PAST QUESTIONS,study it religiously and you will find out that Unilag does repeat its POST-UME QUESTIONS.If you are in need of POST-UME QUESTIONS,I may be of help.You may reach me through 08056230620.GOOD luck in your exam.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by hollamy: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2009
Please Guyz as any body register online cos in my case i try it but i wasn't going through.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by Hardar4lag(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
Yeah dere is kinda prob by tomorrow it will surely go nd 4 help on Admission yu can reach me on ma email or phone number 08020758821
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by hollamy: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2009
No Probs my guy lets just wait till 2morrow, if it's the same old story i will give u a call ASAP.

Thanks

Best regards

, Do it right the first time
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by Hardar4lag(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
@hollamy, ve yu gone to make your payment @ d bank.
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by hollamy: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2009
Yes av made my payment @ d bank and i try sm minute ago and it went thru Thanks Bro. Appreciate. God Bless
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by chijioker(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2009
Now that the Post UME date is out, I believe most of you should have registered by now. Confirmation of Payment on Unilag's website might take some time,this is normal. But make sure you print your Confirmation slip at least 10days before the 2nd of July. So as to prevent unwanted errors
Be at the exam venue at least an hour before the scheduled exam
Make sure you eat well before the exam so as to keep the brain in prime condition for the exams. I really tell u, Unilag could really get u frustrated
DONT DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD IMPLICATE YOU IN THE EXAM VENUE.
I mean anything". Unilag invigilators are very strict and are known for walking candidates out of the exam hall at the slightest instance. Don't let that candidate be you.
Be relaxed on the day of the exam, YOU'VE PASSED WAEC, UNILAG POST UME IS NOT HALF AS HARD AS WAEC, JUST BE CALM AND AM SURE YOUR NAME WOULD BE ON THE MERIT LIST.

FINALLY DON'T FORGET TO GET AND PRACTICE THE POST UME PAST QUESTIONS, THEY WOULD REALLY HELP YOU TO GET FAMILIAR TO THE POST UME QUESTIONS. MAKING YOUR ENTRANCE INTO UNILAG A PIECE OF CAKE.

FOR FUTHER INFORMATION CONCERNING THE POST UME OR THE PAST QUESTIONS CALL CHIJIOKE ON 01 - 820 7308.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL, HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN UNILAG BY NOVEMBER,
AMEN
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by bigcil: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2009
THE POST UME DATE FOR UNILAG IS GOING TO TAKE PLACE ON THE 13TH TO 17TH OF JULY, 2009. THIS IS OFFICIAL BUT, IT IS NOT YET MADE PUBLIC.
THAT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TO START READING, DO NOT ONLY RELY ON ROANS CAUSE YOU CAN MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN.
IT IS VERY FAMILIAR WITH UNILAG TO GET THEIR POST UME QUESTIONS FROM PREVIOUS ONES, AT LEAST 70% OF THEIR Q's COMES FROM THE PAST POST UME QUESTIONS

THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME UP WITH THE SOLUTION FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE PAST QUESTIONS

THE PAST POST UME QUESTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AND FRO SALE
N800.00 FOR ONE COPY (SOFT) ie ELECTRONICALLY SENT TO YOUR MAIL

AND ALSO DO YOU KNOW THAT THE POST UME WOULD BE DONE ELECTRONICALLY, NO PAPERS INVOLVED
NOTE
UNILAG CUTS THEIR MARK LIKE THIS:
JAMB IS DIVIDED BY 8
POST JAMB IS DIVIDED BY 60 AND THEN MULTIPLIED BY 50
CUT  OFF VARIES BUT YOU CAN ALSO CALL FOR ASSISTANCE

GOOD LUCK
Re: UNILAG POST UTME 2010 by CLASSIFYD(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2009
Chijioker pls i hv sum questions. 1)how re we going to pay in d 1000 naira with our registration numbr,infact pls xplain d whole bank procedures. 2)I cnt find d link 4 d post ume practise test on deir website,where is it? 3)computer science is on d 10th at unilag center right?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds / Nathaniel Olayinka, FUNAAB Student Kidnapped! Students Protest (pictures) / ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.