Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Oh! How I Love To Wail... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh! How I Love To Wail... (1107 Views)

The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy / A Clarion Call For All To Wail For Nigeria / Something To Wail About Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh! How I Love To Wail... by folks4luv(f): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
The social media in recent time has given the word ‘wail’ a new meaning, to Wail is to lament, to cry in grief, usually in a loud voice, but today in Nigeria, to wail is to say anything to criticize the present government, to wail is to see any thing wrong in the way the country is being governed and say it. You do not need to belong to an opposition party, you just have point out a wrong thing and you are tagged a “wailing wailer”.
But looking at wailing in the above context, I think I love to Wail, I do not mind being tagged a wailer for my dear country, this tag, I wear like a badge with honour. Oh! How I Love to Wail.
I must confess I have never been a great fan of our dear PMB, but I appreciate the circumstances that brought about his emergence, not only that, democracy is about the people, the people have spoken through their votes, and that is the final, it does not matter what the minority wants, the majority have spoken,in this case, I belong to the minority.
Am however concerned about the direction the country is going. To me, development is not on paper, development is not promises or press releases, neither is it media talks, rather, development is what can be seen, visible changes in the standard of living of the people. Power is yet to improve when we hear increase in megawatts generated but no increase in the hours we enjoy power supply, the military made us believe boko haram has been nipped in the bud yet hundreds of Nigerians are being slaughtered and injured as a result of bombing being carried out by the sect in the north. Thousands of graduates are unemployed, yet we are made to believe drastic measures have been taken to create jobs and improve the economy. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation recently released a statement assuring Nigerians about the availability of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) in the country, yet there are queues in filling stations in the country with some buying for as high as 400 naira per liter.
The change we seek indeed takes time, but Nigerians are eager to see the direction this administration is going, this change maybe slow, but at least it must begin and it must be seen. I will not blame some Nigerians that have being criticizing the present administration thus far, most of them are students of history, some things happening now has happened before, any bad history is about to repeat itself, caution is needed, and in this dispensation, let the wailers wail in service to their countryside, let them call for caution. Hope the noise of their wail will reach the high places.
Source: https://talkwithfolks./2015/11/17/oh-how-i-love-to-wail/

1 Like

Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by ify84(m): 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Proudly a wailer too
Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by Kyase(m): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
ify84:
Proudly a wailer too
And so you shall wail for ever and ever in jijors name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by folks4luv(f): 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
Kyase:
Depends on d course ur wailing for
Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by greaterlove(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
It's allowed, Jesus Christ wailed, John the Baptist wailed, Isaiah wailed, Jeremiah was the chief wailer in recent time Martin Luther king wailed, Malcolm x wailed, bob Marley wailed etc etc so it's not a crime to wail.
Kyase:

Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by folks4luv(f): 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
greaterlove:
It's allowed, Jesus Christ wailed, John the Baptist wailed, Isaiah wailed, Jeremiah was the chief wailer in recent time Martin Luther king wailed, Malcolm x wailed, bob Marley wailed etc etc so it's not a crime to wail.
And all those people wailed for a cause in their time, u made a point there.
Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by prince9851(m): 9:25am On Jan 20, 2017
folks4luv:
The social media in recent time has given
the word ‘wail’ a new meaning, to Wail is
to lament, to cry in grief, usually in a loud
voice, but today in Nigeria, to wail is to
say anything to criticize the present
government, to wail is to see any thing
wrong in the way the country is being
governed and say it. You do not need to
belong to an opposition party, you just
have point out a wrong thing and you are
tagged a “wailing wailer”.

But looking at wailing in the above
context, I think I love to Wail, I do not
mind being tagged a wailer for my dear
country, this tag, I wear like a badge with
honour. Oh! How I Love to Wail.

I must confess I have never been a great
fan of our dear PMB, but I appreciate the
circumstances that brought about his
emergence, not only that, democracy is
about the people, the people have spoken
through their votes, and that is the final, it
does not matter what the minority wants,
the majority have spoken,in this case, I
belong to the minority.

Am however concerned about the direction
the country is going. To me, development
is not on paper, development is not
promises or press releases, neither is it
media talks, rather, development is what
can be seen, visible changes in the
standard of living of the people. Power is
yet to improve when we hear increase in
megawatts generated but no increase in
the hours we enjoy power supply, the
military made us believe boko haram has
been nipped in the bud yet hundreds of
Nigerians are being slaughtered and
injured as a result of bombing being
carried out by the sect in the north.
Thousands of graduates are unemployed,
yet we are made to believe drastic
measures have been taken to create jobs
and improve the economy. The Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation recently
released a statement assuring Nigerians
about the availability of Premium Motor
Spirit (PMS) in the country, yet there are
queues in filling stations in the country
with some buying for as high as 400 naira
per liter.

The change we seek indeed takes time, but
Nigerians are eager to see the direction
this administration is going, this change
maybe slow, but at least it must begin and
it must be seen. I will not blame some
Nigerians that have being criticizing the
present administration thus far, most of
them are students of history, some things
happening now has happened before, any
bad history is about to repeat itself,
caution is needed, and in this
dispensation, let the wailers wail in service
to their countryside, let them call for
caution. Hope the noise of their wail will
reach the high places.

Source: https://talkwithfolks./2015/11/17/oh-how-i-love-to-wail/
u have a blog??
Re: Oh! How I Love To Wail... by folks4luv(f): 9:34am On Jan 20, 2017
prince9851:
u have a blog??
yes. I have two actually

(1) (Reply)

Photos: 2 Die As Toyota Bus Plunges Into Ososa River In Ijebu Ode / Photos;customs Boss Hameed Ali Arrives Owerri In Style For Familiarization Visit / INVESTIGATION: How Ekweremadu, Other Nigerian Lawmakers ‘pocketed’ N8 Billion In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.