Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari (623 Views)

PDP Wants Buhari To Thank Jonathan For Defeat Of Boko Haram / PDP, Not APC, Killed Alameiseigha‎, My Husband - Magareth Alameiseigha / I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by Serendip: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said former President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party were not mentally prepared for the defeat they suffered during the April general elections,

Buhari said this in Abuja on Monday in a keynote address titled, the Challenges of Transition in Nigeria and the Imperatives for a New Framework, at an event on Strengthening Nigeria’s Transition Framework for Democratic Consolidation organised by the National Democratic Institute.

The President, who was represented at the event by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said as a result of lack of mental preparation, the government of Jonathan could not put the structures necessary for transition in place and this nearly led to a national crisis.

At the event, the Minister of Youths and Sports, Mr. Solomon Lalung, said the transition committee set up by Buhari was offered only N20m which was turned down because it was adequate to take care of its expenses.

Buhari said, “Our experience in the last transition process was unique despite the fact that we have held many general elections and there have been hand over of four from one government to another. Indeed, the last election heralded the first real transition in the history of our nation, being the first time that an opposition party will sweep the ruling party out of power.

“This probably explains why the then ruling government was completely caught unawares by the outcome of the election. For the government led by a ruling party that vowed to stay in power for 60 years in the first instance, they were not prepared for the transition that would not be from themselves to themselves. How can they, when they felt invincible, judging by the perceived strength and assumed popularity and the huge resources at their disposal?

“Because they were not mentally prepared for the outcome of that election, they were unable to put in place structures that would make the transition process that followed. Because our country lacks an institutionalised transition system, the then ruling government simply did not know what to do, and unpatriotic elements exploited the situation, which almost led to a national crisis.”

Speaking at the event, Director of White House Transition Project, United States of America, Prof. Martha Kumar, said an incoming administration should be able to gather whatever information it needs from the incumbent administration.

For a successful transition following the election, the burden should be on the incumbent administration to provide whatever the incoming administration believes it needs to see, she said.

The NDI Country Director, Mr. Jasper Veen, said although many African countries had witnessed a transfer of power from one elected president to another, not many countries have witnessed the transfer of power between a governing party and opposition party.

source: http://punchng.com/jonathan-pdp-not-mentally-prepared-for-defeat-buhari/
Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by chocolateme(f): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hmm.. Oga phresident, it seems the guilt of the circumstances surrounding how you came to power has not washed off thourughly yet, you have a great deal of work to do concerning the goons in your party into sensitizing them on good governorship not laying standards for more vain talk.
Excuse me mr fresident.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by watered(m): 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Bubu better calm down o! Those misguided Nigerians only gave you and your cohorts sympathy votes so that you 'll unveil your scam of a change. Now that we know, we 'll see between Jonathan and you who's got the spirit of sportsmanship.

***A blind man after picking up an orange to eat, he hailed himself and praised his ability forgetting that the people around him only had compassion on him***

From the crowd someone murmured and said "if indeed it was your ability then try picking up another one"

I hope APC got this message.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by speedyGonzales: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
Buhari not prepared to lead Nigeria, mentally or otherwise!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by deji68: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
And buhari not mentally prepared for Victory. ..6 month of jagaga cool cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by richidinho(m): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mr. Buhari who was represented by Minister of Information, Culture and Propaganda, Alhaji Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by Okimski(m): 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Today is my birthday nairalanders, Pls make it Special for me, though I won't beg for likes like others do, just give it to me at ur freewill

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by Serendip: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
Okimski:
Today is my birthday nairalanders, Pls make it Special for
me, though I won't beg for likes like others do, just give it to
me at ur freewill

But you begging implicitly lol
Happy birthday bro..long life and prosperity!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by Chubhie: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
We are in for a long four years.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari by IAMTHEHERO: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
I know it before the expiration of PMB regime, Lai Mohammed will surely put Buhari into trouble. He should go and wake Dora from grave for crash course how to be minister of information.

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Sambo Dasuki Fronting For In Goodluck Jonathan’s Government? / Mali Attack: Hostage Situation Ended, 27 Dead / Emefiele Defends Cbn’s Policies Despite Criticisms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.