Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes (65208 Views)

Lady Lay Hands On TerryG's Head While Praying For Him (photo) / Is This The 'Fall' Of Davido? Kemi Olunloyo Asks As She Reveals More Details / TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by icejoel(m): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
MY BROTHER ...... D'SMART IS ON BOARD..... FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by philemonemenike(m): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
big lie this is not terry G this guy his a calabar lunatics. that place is calabar Bleep Mr poster
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by geeworld1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

if u are referring to harrysong in ur last statement , ur wrong cos the guy is very talented

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by timismart234(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
who tell u,na lie,terry g is still in the entertainment,me personally i dont blame any work of art,whether u re writer or a musician or an actor,as long as the work is been produce,we should accept,many cant hold the microphone nor the pen,or to face the camera,what terry g is doing is fun with music,thanks
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by matamba2(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
Idoma boys music no de die Na only blackface fuckup
2baba, Terry g etc them no fit fade

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xtervaganza(m): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
Whoever wrote this nonsense should be shot dead and fed to dogs

1st when and where in year 2000 were you listening to lil Wayne? Even Jay z himself disappeared (retired) for some time to reinvent himself and he mostly sings rubbish now

As for Terry g, no artist can last forever. Nas is one of the greatest rappers ever and he's currently laying low, not because he has lost his talent but because nature will slow each and everyone of us down for others to rise up. even the davidos and wizkids you mentioned will soon slow down for others to rise up

So your wrote up is an absolute shower of sh1t.

And isn't your name rap money? I can assure you if you come into this world 5 times over again you'll still not make half of what Terry g has made in music

P.s Terry g is a producer and he still rakes in money

4 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by DaInferno(m): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wasted time without hitting point...with the look of things,u just hate him,for reasons best known to you sha,Terry G once said in one of his songs that"dem say i d crase,but na my crase give me money"that nigger u just finished criticizing is an employee,owns a water factory,which means he is paying the streets. . .oga,what good have u done apart from criticism?talk about ur own life too,it sure stinks,no hard feelings sha!the lil wayne u mentioned sings gabbage too

2 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
It's crazy how some people will just sit down all they will be thinking about is how to tarnish another man's image nd if possible distroy his source of livelihood. Op u go soon dance to the next track from terry G. No go help ur life dey there dey bef person wey don blow.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobleking2000(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
I blame Biafra for not giving me my medication
Your foolishness stupidity has gotten to legendary status for knowing that are sick and you are still waiting for someone to give you your medication.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by orijintv(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ogbeni im sure uve not heard TOTORI nd FERARRI . . dahs d reason why u rote dis shii
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by chessguru(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
xtervaganza:
Whoever wrote this nonsense should be shot dead and fed to dogs

1st when and where in year 2000 were you listening to lil Wayne? Even Jay z himself disappeared (retired) for some time to reinvent himself and he mostly sings rubbish now

As for Terry g, no artist can last forever. Nas is one of the greatest rappers ever and he's currently laying low, not because he has lost his talent but because nature will slow each and everyone of us down for others to rise up. even the davidos and wizkids you mentioned will soon slow down for others to rise up

So your wrote up is an absolute shower of sh1t.

And isn't your name rap money? I can assure you if you come into this world 5 times over again you'll still not make half of what Terry g has made in music

P.s Terry g is a producer and he still rakes in money
i agree with you bro . Rapmoney is just a yeye guy . Is 2face the way he was before and let me tell you many talented guys got kinda fade at some point. Terry G made his name , Timaya made his name , me i no know who be mumu Rapmoney o

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by vascey(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
naijathings:

Vascey, well said.

I am a lover and follwer of music and I listen to every type of music and musician from 1000 degrees, Nas, KRS1 to Lil Wayne, From Etta James to Adele, from Cher, Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion to Queen B, Lady Gaga and co, from Chaka Chaka, Brenda to Mafikizolo, Plantashun Boyz, Remedies to YBNL, PSquare and co. From DJ Tiesto to DJ Jimmy.
Reading this one sided, hateful and spiteful piece from the OP was sad and horrific.
Terry G brought a new taste & flavour to the Nigerian music scene and his songs came with some of the best beats ever heard in the Nigerian industry. Terry G is brave, vibrant, unafraid of critics, watchful of his fans, clever, very creative. Yes I love 2face and even have all his works bought from iTunes but we will never complete the list of meaningful and powerful contributors to the evolution and growth of the Nigerian music industry without mentioning Terry G with respect.
Terry G might not be everyone's favorite artiste but we can also say the same for Bach and Mozart and King Sunny Ade. Jimmy Hendrix was considered as trash and dirty even in his days but now u know who u r talking about when you mention that name because of his contributions and how many other artistes built their carrier by borrowing one or more ideas from him and the same can be said for Terry G. I like him for his resilience and tenacity. He is always capable of bringing out something to rock the airwaves whether it is considered trashy or not.
Do you think Eminem or Jay Z or Tupac with all their talent is acceptable to everyone ? NO. Not even Enya or Bob Marley could achieve such a feat.

I love HipHop but there are other music genres so it doesn't make sense slandering an artiste from a Hip Hop point of view.

So Terry G sings trash? Barbara Streisand is a music icon and her song (duck sauce) went global and please what was she saying in the song?

Not everyone must appeal to you especially if u listen to music and musicians with a biased mind and limited music genre acceptance.

Even Alicia in * When You Really Love Someone * said IT DON'T MAKE SENSE BUT IT MAKES A GOOD SONG.

Now OP.. tell me your favourite artiste and I will show u a stupid song or lyric from him/her.

Thank you bro. You have said it all.

OP needs to be educated and you have done so excellently.

But as they say, you can take a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink.

Rapman take note.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by MNDY(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

What if he drops a banger trash of a song tommorow? Like someone said, if he studies the industry and blend with its current form, he will get his game back on (even with thrash).
-
Remember, the average Nigerian music-lover loves sweet rhythm either with thrash or not!
-
If you are talking content analysis, what is your view on the much-loved Olamide's "Story For The gods" depicting ra.pe and many other cases?
-
And if your emphasis is on "invariable thrash" and the consumers getting tired, believe you me, the situation is that it is the right rhythm has not been formulated yet, and not unacceptability of repeated thrash!
-
NB: In music, the rhythm plays the major role!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by MNDY(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:

What if he drops a banger trash of a song tommorow? Like someone said, if he studies the industry and blend with its current form, he will get his game back on (even with thrash).
-
Remember, the average Nigerian music-lover loves sweet rhythm either with thrash or not!
-
If you are talking content analysis, what is your view on the much-loved Olamide's "Story For The gods" depicting ra.pe and many other cases?
-
And if your emphasis is on "invariable thrash" and the consumers getting tired, believe you me, the situation is that it is the right rhythm has not been formulated yet, and not unacceptability of repeated thrash (Nigeria as a case study)!
-
NB: In music, the rhythm plays the major role!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by smogup: 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
He doesn't have any more rubbish to say. Can't you get it?
go and listen to Nonsense by Terry G
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by smogup: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
He doesn't have any more rubbish to say. Can't you get it?
go and listen to 'Nonsense' by Terry G
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nelrulez(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria where anything thrives. Terry G made money and invested wisely. Dude just bought a cool crib in Magodo Estate. My point is doing anything that'll get you money and invest wisely. I'm not a fan of gibberish tho', but man has to eat at the same time. Shout out to Mode9 who has been keeping it real from day one.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Coraje(m): 3:59am On Nov 19, 2015
Bad Belle. Issallawed
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by jascon1(m): 5:51am On Nov 19, 2015
Your write-up is full of hate for this artist. You know nothing about music and talent. Terry G is a class on his own. To begin, I neither love nor hate any artist. Terry came with his own signature and that's what art is all about, self expression. He did his music his own style and got positive ratings from his target audience (excluding you). No artist is made to stay on top forever. Many great Nigerian artists fitting your description of talent have faded, n thats called life. Terry came from nothing, a humble home to fame. Wizkid and Davido have privileges that led to their fame n still sustaining their fame. Terry is a complete musician as opposed to those singers you mentioned. If for anything, Terry has achieved a dream he worked hard for and his biography is an inspiration to youths from humble beginning. If Terry isn't singing, I want u to know that he's busy producing and that's something ur biased write-up failed to reckon.
#freeTerryG
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Rapmoney:

for your mind now u Don cast Terry g, is this not the same Terry G u are talking about Terry G u are talking about The Game an international rapper signed him to his record label
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by lifenajeje(m): 6:06am On Nov 19, 2015
I first read about LILWAYNE when he has 19 in 2001 when SOURCE magazine spotlighted CASH MONEY BOYS which comprises of JUVENILE( ah ya ya ya ya ya ya ah ya ya ya ya ya ya .... Trying to keep up with my crew...remember him .

I heard his song was it 2002/2003 can't remember exact year and i have forgotten the title but its something about dee jays in my uncles studio DJ eddy fynn( hygroove) later that song was on rhythm top 7 jams at 7..

Music business it easy and it takes luck, hard work and determination.. There are artiste whose first set of works won't pay off... For instance I knew snoop before first popular album ...usher before u remind me of a girl...fifty cents before in the club...

There are others with luck their first single gets accepted.

It takes just one song to make an artiste very popular and that song may not even be his favorite on his album....

Lilwayne has been on but its only those who are deep into hip hop would know him years before lollipop ...i was opportune to listen to these artiste cos my uncle buys records, does recordings and subscribed to the source magazine....

To the subject matter TERRY G.. He is a very talented and superfine artiste,producer and entrepreneur...
O.p did u ever listen to his first three songs especially the one he featured 2shots those were clean Nigeria hip hop/r and b and it was the instrumentals that the likes of j martins, p square ,timaya and others sampled at that time..

What he does puts money in his account..love it or leave it...it may surprise u he can also rap... And I bet u he can freestyle.

Do u know of davidos earlier songs before Ema ba mi duro?

If u are an entertainer you must know what put foods on the table ...

Tho may surprise u but I knew basket mouth first as a rapper.. Gordons first in an accapella group dc envoys before he moved to comedy..

Op na only Nairaland I know u..... It takes hard work for anyone to be out there terry h would soon surprise u with another hit.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xtervaganza(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2015
chessguru:
i agree with you bro . Rapmoney is just a yeye guy . Is 2face the way he was before and let me tell you many talented guys got kinda fade at some point. Terry G made his name , Timaya made his name , me i no know who be mumu Rapmoney o
No mind the depe, Tuface who many celeb see as a celeb, his last album was a flop. Dies that make him irrelevant?

No artist can stay on top of their game all thru their career
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by xtervaganza(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2015
lifenajeje:
I first read about LILWAYNE when he has 19 in 2001 when SOURCE magazine spotlighted CASH MONEY BOYS which comprises of JUVENILE( ah ya ya ya ya ya ya ah ya ya ya ya ya ya .... Trying to keep up with my crew...remember him .

I heard his song was it 2002/2003 can't remember exact year and i have forgotten the title but its something about dee jays in my uncles studio DJ eddy fynn( hygroove) later that song was on rhythm top 7 jams at 7..

Music business it easy and it takes luck, hard work and determination.. There are artiste whose first set of works won't pay off... For instance I knew snoop before first popular album ...usher before u remind me of a girl...fifty cents before in the club...

There are others with luck their first single gets accepted.

It takes just one song to make an artiste very popular and that song may not even be his favorite on his album....

Lilwayne has been on but its only those who are deep into hip hop would know him years before lollipop ...i was opportune to listen to these artiste cos my uncle buys records, does recordings and subscribed to the source magazine....

To the subject matter TERRY G.. He is a very talented and superfine artiste,producer and entrepreneur...
O.p did u ever listen to his first three songs especially the one he featured 2shots those were clean Nigeria hip hop/r and b and it was the instrumentals that the likes of j martins, p square ,timaya and others sampled at that time..

What he does puts money in his account..love it or leave it...it may surprise u he can also rap... And I bet u he can freestyle.

Do u know of davidos earlier songs before Ema ba mi duro?

If u are an entertainer you must know what put foods on the table ...

Tho may surprise u but I knew basket mouth first as a rapper.. Gordons first in an accapella group dc envoys before he moved to comedy..

Op na only Nairaland I know u..... It takes hard work for anyone to be out there terry h would soon surprise u with another hit.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Bro, I not trying to discredit you. But saying you knew lil Wayne in 2001? He's been raping then but he was an also-ran 2000/2001 was when hip hop and Jamaican songs peaked and there's absolutely no way you'll listen a bullshit song from lil Wayne when you Nas, Jay z, mystikal, DMX, eve and other legends killing it. Matter of fact if those legends were still topping charts lil Wayne will never rise above the low level rapper he was then. And I think there was no cashmoney then? I think they call themselves bigtimerz then? (Not sire though) and they only had one good song which they only featured R Kelly in it

As for snoop Dogg, any rap enthusiast would know him cos he was breaking bread with the gods. He was with Tupac, Dre, Suge Kmight and the others before ge released doggystyle
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by MedicalSamwise(m): 7:45am On Nov 19, 2015
U were making sense untill d tym u mentioned harrysong
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by romzyxy(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2015
PLANETMARS:
I blame Biafra for not giving me my medication

I luv ur sarcasm. Kip it up!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Skmoda(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2015
Gbam, you nailed it.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by PLANETMARS(m): 8:27am On Nov 19, 2015
romzyxy:

I luv ur sarcasm. Kip it up!
tnks yo
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by danizy(m): 8:41am On Nov 19, 2015
Rapmoney:

bt to b sincere,where is this old scul coming from?
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2015
man shall not live alone by music
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Oghumu1(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2015
obiak4:

so how does that works bros apart from davido who again dey do music plus?
If u get d kin money weh davido get n still do music plus na him be say u need to go n ask ifa some question directly
Don't misquote me please! The music plus isn't for money making but if whether what comes out from u is good or bad, it sells.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elizabeth Jack-Rich Covers "World Finance" Magazine - The First African Woman / Davido And Femi Otedola Danced At A Wedding In France (Photos) / Amara Maduka: Though I Have Sex, I’ve Never Been In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.