Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,636 members, 7,851,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

What Is The Point Of The Presidency In Nigeria ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Point Of The Presidency In Nigeria ? (704 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Point Of The Presidency In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 20, 2009
Yes we know that our elections are flawed and we hope to get it right some day.

But there is something I find more structurally undemocratic which I think is dangerous for any Presidency to thrive.

I am talking about the Federal Executive Council and most importantly the role of Ex-dictators in this council.

This group of ex-dictators form part of a group who are permanent members of the Federal Executive Council. What this means is that they are always their to sanction who gets what in terms of cabinet positions regardless of who the current/new President is. They take part in the recruitment of the wider Federal executive Council, they must ratify any bill passed by the National assembly before it becomes law, they also have imputs in our yearly budget and meet every forthnight to structure the day to day running of Government.

So my question is, what is the point going to the polls every four years to choose a new President (albeit fraudulent polls) when we have a permanent committee always on standby to determine our future.

I guess its not rocket science why nothing changes in our country . . . . . folks what do you think. (remember this FEC is at the centre of doctoring the Justice Muhamed Uwais Report.)
Re: What Is The Point Of The Presidency In Nigeria ? by AjaraEwuro: 3:29pm On May 20, 2009
Your posting makes me think your brain is inside your anus.

(1) (Reply)

Imunity / Suprise! You Can Still Find Good (kind Hearted) Operative In Nigerian Police / Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.