Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest (2124 Views)

EFCC Calls Reno Omokiri To Order Over His Post On The Presidency & The EFCC / Walk In To Barber's Shop And Listen To Radio If You Dont Have Power -buhari / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by bigass(f): 11:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
Only the Courts can order an arrest via issuance of arrest warrants.

President Buhari should do things right.

4 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Kyase(m): 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
bigass:

Jijors kist
The over all Boss don't have the right abi?
Even the courts are answerable to him

1 Like

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by bigass(f): 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Kyase:

Jijors kist
The over all Boss don't have the right abi?
Even the courts are answerable to him

No. The courts are not answerable to him. We have 3 independent arm of govt

8 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Kyase(m): 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
bigass:

No. The courts are not answerable to him. We have 3 independent arm of govt
And who is the number one citizen?
Who appoint judges and who pay them?

2 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Saturn213: 11:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
bigass:

When it comes to matters relating to National security, I dont think you have any idea how powerful your President is

Boko Haram sponsors must pay for their crimes whether PDP likes it OR Not

11 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by divinehand2003(m): 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dear OP, this is Nigeria where the powers of the president is infinitum. It's called the more you look, the less you see. Just relax and watch PMB press all the control buttons in Aso Rock now.
Hope your remembered how Obj was pressing those same buttons to bring about expected results while he was masturbating in the corridors of powers back then?

4 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by rottennaija(m): 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
bigass:

Bigass, the president has the right to order an arrest.

4 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by dialfa: 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
In a Zoo, he does

7 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by SosaMontana(m): 12:04am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by obailala(m): 12:31am On Nov 18, 2015
bigass:

You think you are smarter than everyone in the presidency (including a VP who is a SAN)?... You think the presidency doesnt know the right steps to take to arrest a suspect?

9 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by CACAWA(m): 12:49am On Nov 18, 2015
OP, the warrant from the court is called a bench warrant, there are other types of warrant of arrest, a warrant of arrest can be issued by the police department, all it needs is a document containing why you are being arrested and when you will be charged to court.

It is followed by intense interrogation, confrontation by evidence and statement collection, usually in the presence of his/her lawyer.

So, all the president has done is to direct the law enforcement agencies to swoop into action...and for your information...this matter will not go before those "judges" in Abuja that are known for freeing thieves. The matter will be handled differently. Watch and Learn

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Demdem(m): 1:00am On Nov 18, 2015
Foolish thread. Foolish op.

4 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by superstar1(m): 2:03am On Nov 18, 2015
OP is Dasuki your father or is your father corrupt too?

If none of the above is true, then you do not have any biz worrying whether a C-in-C has the power to arrest or not.

4 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by jaykaylegend(m): 2:40am On Nov 18, 2015
If OP is saying the commander in chief of a nation(army, dss, police etc in case you don't know) does not have power to order an arrest, I wonder who does....

Na saraki??

5 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by egift(m): 2:59am On Nov 18, 2015
All these WailingMiscreants opening useless threads grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you know the true length of the Power of the Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, you will faint. You think we are still in the Jonathan's presidency abi?

God bless Nigeria. Sai Buhari all the way!

4 Likes

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by AdeniyiA(m): 3:19am On Nov 18, 2015
bigass:

I think you're speaking from your bigass...undecided

Are you a barrister?

1 Like

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Ovamboland(m): 3:26am On Nov 18, 2015
bigass:

You bigass also have the power to arrest a suspect and handover to appropriate authorities along with your allegations/evidence for prosecution. It is called citizen arrest.

How much more the number one citizen of the country. The only power he doesn't have is the power to try and convict a suspect and such arrested person must be presented for trial within a specified period.

1 Like

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Standing5(m): 3:39am On Nov 18, 2015
Should the suspect in question run away, will the president be held responsible? . . . Especially by the e-Wailers.

1 Like

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by wachakuta(m): 4:29am On Nov 18, 2015
Foolish Op, oponu of life

D president dat has Power to declare war is d one that u say he has no power to declare arrest?

Abeg wch kind brain God give some people?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by Omenkata: 4:42am On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
Demdem:
Foolish thread. Foolish op.
[/s]

Rubbish reply cheesy
Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by ghhfdavb: 6:14am On Nov 18, 2015
President Buhari should do things right

1 Like

Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by dridowu: 7:00am On Nov 18, 2015
bigass:

VP=SAN
The president has about 11 lawyers as his minister.
The president has his own personal lawyer
APC has a national legal adviser
So madam bigass , mr president would not just wake up and do something illegal without consulting any of those that i mentioned.
So stop creating unneccessary attention.

GBN
Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:02am On Nov 18, 2015
bigass:

you are a dunce!

Hehehehe....

grin grin grin

What happened to executive power of the presidency?

So, if police wan arrest thief, dey must first drag am go court?

Lol
Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:04am On Nov 18, 2015
divinehand2003:
Dear OP, this is Nigeria where the powers of the president is infinitum. It's called the more you look, the less you see. Just relax and watch PMB press all the control buttons in Aso Rock now.
Hope your remembered how Obj was pressing those same buttons to bring about expected results while he was masturbating in the corridors of powers back then?
you too, are a dunce. The president kukuma had no right to execute his executive duties anymore, right?
Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by yomalex(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2015
I dey Laugh o
Re: The President Does Not Have Power To Order An Arrest by AprokoMan: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Demdem:
I am bastard son of a rotten kunt from the South West. i have an oblong head and terrible tribal marks on each side of my cheeks.
I also believe that FFK smashed my mom's toto before the coward my father had any chance. my father was not just a coward but an idiot, for allowing my uncles to fvck my sisters.
may thunder fire my parents and the entire Yoruba race

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Officially Joins Oil Producing States,to Build 3 New Sea Ports. / Picture Of Futo/nekede Road Owerri Our Ancestors Are Mad To Let Rochas Come Back / Gov. El-rufai Bombs Atiku Abubakar: 'You're Haunted By Your Corruption Demons'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.