Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal (2136 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki / Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:05am On Nov 18, 2015

ABUJA, NIGERIA
Nigeria's leader on Tuesday ordered the arrest of the former president's national security adviser for allegedly stealing more than $2 billion meant to purchase weapons for the military to fight Islamic militant Boko Haram rebels.

"Thousands of needless Nigerian deaths would have been avoided" if the money had been properly spent, Femi Adesina, an adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari, said in a statement.

It accuses Sambo Dasuki, a key adviser to former President Goodluck Jonathan, of awarding "phantom contracts" to buy 12 helicopters, four fighter jets, and bombs and ammunition worth $2 billion that never were supplied.

Dasuki also got the Central Bank to transfer $142.6 million to a company with accounts in the United States, the United Kingdom and in West Africa for unknown purposes and without contracts, Adesina said.

Dasuki denied any wrongdoing in an interview Tuesday night with the PR Nigeria news agency, and said he was proud that in the final months under his watch Nigeria's military ousted Boko Haram from a self-declared Islamic caliphate set up after the rebels had taken control of a large swath of northeast Nigeria.

The offensive came as Jonathan faced elections. Last year, soldiers told the AP they were going into battle without food and armed with only 30 bullets each.

The State Security Service has kept Dasuki under house arrest for more than a week despite a Federal High Court order allowing him to travel abroad for medical care. The court had allowed Dasuki bail after he pleaded innocent to other charges of money-laundering, involving more than $423,000 found in cash, and illegal possession of arms seized at two of his homes.

The State Security Service, an agency formerly under Dasuki's control, said he refused to answer questions about arms deals — charges Dasuki denied Tuesday.

Social media buzzed with comments about revenge and pay-back. Dasuki is said to have arrested Buhari, a former military dictator who seized power from a democratically elected government, when he was ousted in a palace coup in 1985.

Tuesday's development follows an interim report by a presidential committee investigating arms procurement, part of the fight against Nigeria's endemic corruption that Buhari has waged since taking office in May after defeating Jonathan in elections.

Dasuki, 60, had usurped the role of the Ministry of Defense in procuring weapons. He was called before a Senate committee last year to explain South Africa's seizure of $9.3 million in cash from a private Nigerian jet that landed in Johannesburg and a $5.7 million bank transfer that South Africa said involved an illegal arms deal. Dasuki said the deals were legitimate.

Dasuki, a retired army lieutenant-colonel, participated in every coup in Nigeria going back to the 1980s

Adesina says Buhari has also ordered the arrest of several others linked to the scandal.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/world/article45256215.html#storylink=cpy

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by sigmundfreud(m): 3:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Is this dullard trying to fight corruption or get even?.... Completely throwing due process out the window, Blatantly disregarding court orders and totally trampling on Mr Dasuki's fundamental rights in A DEMOCRATIC setting....

Make no mistake, I'm on Nobody's side here... If this guy's found guilty, I hope the courts fry his Arrse... BUT ONLY THE COURTS!

WE USHERED IN AN ERA OF UNPRECEDENTED IMPUNITY!

How sure am I that the probe committee wasn't compromised, coerced into doctoring their report to serve Buhari's interests??

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by modath(f): 3:17am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:
Is this dullard trying to fight corruption or get even?.... Completely throwing due process out the window, Blatant disregard for court orders and totally trampling on Mr Dasuki's fundamental rights in A DEMOCRATIC setting....

Make no mistake, I'm on Nobody's side here... If this guy's found guilty, I hope the courts fry his Arrse... BUT ONLY THE COURTS!

Do you sincerely believe the highlighted ?,

We are talking NATIONAL SECURITY here...

But in the Nigerian modus operandi partisan politics will always trump that... SMH.. sad

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by FastShipping: 3:20am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:
Is this dullard trying to fight corruption or get even?.... Completely throwing due process out the window, Blatant disregard for court orders and totally trampling on Mr Dasuki's fundamental rights in A DEMOCRATIC setting....

Like I told you yesterday, terrorists have no due process right. Dasuki is a terrorist with blood on his hands and blood in his mouth. He has rendered families useless. Many children are fatherless or orphans because of this Dasuki (terrorist/financier). Dasuki deserves no right, whatsoever. Terrorirsts are held everywhere in the world without due process. That is not new my friend. When you try to give rights to terrorists, they use that opportunity to quickly kill and maim others.

Just take a chill pill and see how Dasuku and his fellow terrorist masterminds are put to shame when the truth finally hit them in the face.

Relax yourself. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Nigeria is back!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 18, 2015
FastShipping:

Like I told you yesterday, terrorists have no due process right. Dasuki is a terrorist with blood on his hands and blood in his mouth. He has rendered many families useless. Many children are fatherless or orphans because of this Dasuki (terrorist/financier). Dasuki deserves no right, whatsoever. Terrorirsts are held everywhere in the world without due process. That is not new my friend. When you try to give rights to terrorists, they use that opportunity to quickly kill and maim others.

Just take a chill pill and see how Dasuku and his fellow terrorist masterminds are put to shame when the truth finally hit them in the face.

Relax yourself. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Nigeria is back!
You need a nap

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by FastShipping: 3:23am On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
slimmy05:
You need a nap
[/s]

Do you support terrorism?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:23am On Nov 18, 2015
modath:

Do you sincerely believe the highlighted ?,

We are talking NATIONAL SECURITY here...

But in the Nigerian modus operandi partisan politics will always trump that... SMH.. sad

"National Security Cannot and will never supercede the Nigerian Constitution"

Especially not the bill of rights section!

I mean NATION SECURITY should not be invoked as a prerogative to trample on The Nigerian constitution!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:25am On Nov 18, 2015
slimmy05:
You need a nap
He sure needs a nap!

In A democratic setting, Even Hitler would be handled under the rule of law!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by adconline(m): 3:25am On Nov 18, 2015
Alpha and Omega Buhari.. GMB the president, prosecutor, police, judge, and enforcer... Buy one chance and get everything included

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:26am On Nov 18, 2015
Cc: Tonyebarcanista flets kenai firefire anonimi nigerianvenom genbloodykiller
Teryfik Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher bomsilaga, erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Tomakint Francizy Temitemi1 Hinwazaka Dumkem21 Biafranqueen Mogidi IsraeliAirforce Candyrain Ambivert Rose2014 Opiaoku Engineerboat, Talktimi ahaika23
coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 Mizmycoli DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 and all patriots
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Nobody: 3:29am On Nov 18, 2015
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Do you support terrorism?
Hibernate

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by FastShipping: 3:31am On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
slimmy05:
Hibernate
[/s]
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by FastShipping: 3:32am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:
He sure needs a nap!

In A democratic setting, Even Hitler would be handled under the rule of law!

Tell that to terrorists being held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by modath(f): 3:34am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:

Especially the bill of rights section!

Waoooooh, this is your submission!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I can't begin to argue with you, a no fit, na work wey i can't begin to take on & i can't attach links so 2 things;

1. I bow to your superior knowledge... sad

2. National security is of no importance...

Make i gerrarhia now, thank you.. ....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:39am On Nov 18, 2015
FastShipping:

Guy you letting your anger cloud your judgement here...

These are the tenets of democracy and you must embrace them if you are a firm believer in it...

Your words paint you as someone who will be an advocate for jungle justice...

Even the United States aren't proud of the decisions they've made in regards to G-Bay... Like I said, 9,11 hit em hard so they let their anger cloud their judgements thereby throwing due process and The American standard out the window!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by modath(f): 3:39am On Nov 18, 2015
FastShipping:

Bros, choose your battles, you can't win this.. wink

I carefully chose my siggy, "no one can rouse , a pretend sleeper", cos when someone has resolved to be unyielding, it will take nothing less of a shock to the system to achieve a shift....

Abeg rest, this is an effort in futility....

Didn't check the source before commenting....

Lessons learnt ..smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 3:44am On Nov 18, 2015
modath:

Waoooooh, this is your submission!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I can't begin to argue with you, a no fit, na work wey i can't begin to take on & i can't attach links so 2 things;

1. I bow to your superior knowledge... sad

2. National security is of no importance...

Make i gerrarhia now, thank you.. ....
Saying the Nigerian constitution is superior doesn't mean I said national security is "of no importance"... See? Your Reasoning sha...

Anyways, you can chicken out if you wish to... Can't stop you on that one!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by menix(m): 3:55am On Nov 18, 2015
Babies everywhere..

What most people don't understand is Dasuki's case is a Vendetta game, yes he might have stolen but his greatest Undoing is that him Dasuki was the Army officer who held a gun to the head of Buhari during the Coup that ousted Buhari..

Fulani men don't forgive nd Buhari is only trying to take his own pound of flesh.

Yes they re cases against Dasuki but Dasuki ain't the only man who stole from the Arms deal.
Thou if truly Dasuki stole, let him vomit his loot..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by modath(f): 3:57am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:
Saying the Nigerian constitution is superior doesn't mean I said national security is "of no importance"... See? Your Reasoning sha...

Anyways, you can chicken out if you wish to... Can't stop you on that one!

Chicken out? cheesy, Quit playing, i choose not to engage in an exercise in futility, it is wisdom, what purpose will a back & forth , run around a circle argument serve

As per my reasoning, i know you want to use STRONGER words but holding back for a reason, Please feel free oo, nohin do you, it's allowed....

*mic drop*
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 4:07am On Nov 18, 2015
modath:

Chicken out? cheesy, Quit playing, i choose not to engage in an exercise in futility, it is wisdom, what purpose will a back & forth , run around a circle argument serve

As per my reasoning, i know you want to use STRONGER words but holding back for a reason, Please feel free oo, nohin do you, it's allowed....

*mic drop*
You make sure you don't break the Mic... You might wanna use it later to ****** in Pro-APC threads cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by azzima(m): 4:11am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:

I mean NATION SECURITY should not be invoked as a prerogative to trample on The Nigerian constitution!
if France had invoked national security over some stupid constitution that is sympathetic towards french Muslims, the terrorist act would have been avoided earlier.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by tomakint: 4:14am On Nov 18, 2015
Buhari better be right on this one, hence, his anti-corruption crusade will never be trusted but will be branded "witch-hunting against opposition".......when a man is said to steal $2billion in a Country where 80% of the population are struggling to eke a livelihood, then such a man deserves to be forgotten in prison or if need be, shot to death. Like I said earlier, this allegations against Dasuki better be true.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by PRYCE(m): 4:34am On Nov 18, 2015
tomakint:
Buhari better be right on this one, hence, his anti-corruption crusade will never be trusted but will be branded "witch-hunting against opposition".......when a man is said to steal $2billion in a Country where 80% of the population are struggling to eke a livelihood, then such a man deserves to be forgotten in prison or if need be, shot to death. Like I said earlier, this allegations against Dasuki better be true.

Strong words bro but the courts should be the ones to doll out these sentences, judgements.
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by tomakint: 4:38am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:

Strong words bro but the courts should be the ones to doll out these sentences, judgements.
Clearly my sentiments bro......the Law Court shall be the decider......but with a dictator in place, I hope Dasuki will get a fair hearing!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 18, 2015
It is obvious that most Nigerians all of a sudden now supports the trampling of the constitution and they even justify such acts in a democracy?

The judiciary should be scrapped or better still, Nigeria should revert back to military regime where the dictates of the constitution will no longer be absolute since most of Nigerians seems to justify all unconstitutional act's.

A disrespected constitution does not deserve to be in existence.
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 18, 2015
tomakint:

Clearly my sentiments bro......the Law Court shall be the decider......but with a dictator in place, I hope Dasuki will get a fair hearing!

Fair hearing when he has already been pronounced guilty by his enemies and it's faithfuls even before having his day in court?
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Eboski(m): 4:51am On Nov 18, 2015
take him to court
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by miqos02(m): 4:54am On Nov 18, 2015
na wa oh
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by anonimi: 5:05am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:
Is this dullard trying to fight corruption or get even?.... Completely throwing due process out the window, Blatantly disregarding court orders and totally trampling on Mr Dasuki's fundamental rights in A DEMOCRATIC setting....

How sure am I that the probe committee wasn't compromised, coerced into doctoring their report to serve Buhari's interests??

Sai Bubu CANNOT fight any CORRUPTION because he is the epitome of corruption himself.
Are we talking about $2.8 billion stolen as Petroleum Minister in the 70s that Saraki's father exposed?
Or the N45 billion PTF money that disappeared?
No wonder the Sai Bubu made a FALSE asset declaration after so much pressure.

Anyone who expects Dullard to fight CORRUPTION with the THIEVES he nominated as Ministers is on to a long thing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e
Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Bollove: 5:15am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:

Mumu sharrap, u already shown the side you belong. Dansuki was among those who ill advised GEJ and defrauded Nigeria ..... He should explain himself in court and if found guilty should be executed.

No president would want his people getting killed but the Dansuki was making money while Nigerians are getting bombed and maimed. let him defend himself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's President Says Dasuki Stole $2B In Arms Deal by Bollove: 5:21am On Nov 18, 2015
PRYCE:

Ur rights can be suspended in defence of National Security ..........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi Governor Responds To A Twitter User About Using "Ladder-airport" Mishap / Drop A Message For The Nigerdelta Militants / The Face Of The Man Behind Wike & His Wife As They Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.