Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki (33331 Views)

Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' / $15b Deals: I’m Ready For Trial, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki / Photos Of Abba Moro Arriving Court Today For Trial (2) (3) (4)

I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Endison: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2016
Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA), says he is not ready for trial until the federal government complies with an order of the federal high court granting him bail. In November 2015, Justice Adeniyi Ademola had granted Dasuki bail, but the Department of State Services (DSS) rearrested him immediately after his release from Kuje prison. Dipo Okpeseyi (SAN), counsel to the DSS, had announced to the court on Tuesday that the prosecution was ready for trial to commence.

But Joseph Daodu, counsel to Dasuki, said that the defence counsel was not ready to proceed with the trial because the federal government was still keeping the accused person in detention despite an order of the court granting him bail. “We cannot be ready for trial until the defendant enjoys his constitutional rights,” he said.

“We apply that we should be given time to prepare the defence. The conduct of the prosecution has not enabled him to enjoy his constitutional rights. “The worst is that for about seven weeks we do not know where he is. Any of us here who proceeds to defend an accused person in this circumstance may lose his license of practice.”

However, Okpeseyi argued that the prosecution was not stopping Dasuki from enjoying his freedom. He said that the accused person was not being allegedly held for the charges before the court. He therefore asked the court to reject the request for adjournment and to commence trial. But the court adjourned to March 3 for hearing of a motion to discharge Dasuki.

Dasuki is facing a four-count charge of money laundering and illegal possession of firearms brought against him by the DSS. He is also facing multiple counts of laundering money at the federal capital territory (FCT) high court, Abuja.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-im-not-ready-for-trial-says-dasuki

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by phemmie06(m): 11:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Dasukigate,gate of jail. Lol

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by PassingShot(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2016
Whether now or later, you shall reap your reward in full measure. You cannot be saved by the wailing of those known to naturally defend corruption and corrupt persons.

I thought this thief needed to go to London for medical treatment in October/November 2015. So, why has he not died since he was neither allowed to go nor admitted in any hospital here?

Kudos to PMB for preventing the worst NSA that could ever walk on earth's surface. If not, Dasuki's case would have become like that of Diezanni, Lamorde, Abdullah Inde of Customs and we wouldn't have known even close to half of the shameless looting of our common wealth as we've now known.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Geniro: 11:55am On Feb 16, 2016
bUHARI and his useless and dull govt.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by bikerboy1(m): 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Please let me know whenever he is ready

The Man that single handedly crippled Nigeria

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by PassingShot(m): 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
bikerboy1:
Please let me know whenever he is ready

The Man that single handedly crippled Nigeria
No. That title belongs to the Ineffectual Buffoon. Dasuki was only fulfilling a part of the Buffoon's destiny.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by mynd1(f): 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dazuki? He is nt a good man undecided

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by DaBullIT(m): 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Soon

Very soon

His story will change

We might even witness another statement eating

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Topeakintola: 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
PassingShot:
Whether now or later, you shall reap your reward in full measure. You cannot be saved by the wailing of those known to naturally defend corruption and corrupt persons.
I thought this thief needed to go to London for medical treatment in October/November 2015. So, why has he not died since he was neither allowed to go nor admitted in any hospital here?
Kudos to PMB for preventing the worst NSA that could ever walk on earth's surface. If not, Dasuki's case would have become like that of Diezanni, Lamorde, Abdullah Inde of Customs and we wouldn't have known even close to half of the shameless looting of our common wealth as we've now known.

well said

He has been very quiet in the last few weeks.

I guess this is a coded message to his IPOB support base to start another round of protests on his behalf

IPAD Oya - over to you people

piemei:
this Dasuki man is not an igbo man y calling Ipob #ewuOhia...#AturuAwusa

Is OLUSOLA SARAKI an Igbo man

If Not

Please explain this sir

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by ChappyChase: 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thief even get choice?!

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Sambo Dasuki is a codeine-sipping dullard who should die in prison.

Did he get an order from the Federal High Court when he was busy looting the treasury with impunity, thereby sending thousands of patriotic soldiers to their early graves?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Nathdoug(m): 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
U nor ready for trial buh wen u dey tif money u ready ooo....criminal

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by ezera(m): 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Oya Bubu over to you. Am not ready too. Yawns.
Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Iroh88(m): 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Seems he loves prison after all. cheesy

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by ladyF(f): 12:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
It's shocking how this thief and murderer still has mouth to talk! What does he even need bail for? Prison is even a lenient punishment for him.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Awwal1st(m): 12:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
I hear say Mama Peace too get share in the $2.1B Arms deal..
Shey na true? grin

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Why him go ready when nah executive treatment and lodge he go dey?
If to say nah one stuffy cell him dey wey him skin don dey turn wrinkled him go fast track the case sharperly.

But it may still be an antic to get some strategies up and running.
Make we start the real deal asap jor.

This is no era of prosecution in London,
your prosecution now takes place in Abuja gangan
fast tracking to either Kuje or Kirikiri with no shortcut to prison sentence.

[size=18pt]I go love am o.[/size]

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by peacengine(m): 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
If the court granted him bail, it should be obeyed.

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by gurunlocker: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
we have a dictator as president, and he promised to respect the rule of law

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Burger01(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by talktimi(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dasuki dragging the bálls of the clueless ones anyhow grin

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by kolnel: 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dasuki atm machine dispensing money since 1960

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by eluquenson(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
That's his own problem, left to me i prefer he stays there for 5 yrs

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Mega005(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Does he have choice to decide Is trial.. Thief.. Guess he was part of the boko sponsor that d ineffectual buffon said infiltrated his govt..

My joy is dat PMB is sacking the cabal gradually.. That's the change voted for.. Sack all the sackables and let the ball roll to another set of Nigerias but gud ones oooo.. The cycle. Has finally be broken.. To God d glory

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by menix(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Abeg make una nack us better gist..
Tired of all this poo news.
Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by maestroferddi: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Buhari is engrossed with silencing all dissenting voices while the naira is tumbling towards N500 to the dollar as the days go by.

Nigerians are getting much more than what they bargained for....

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by sexymoma(f): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Seriously!!
I've not heard from barcanista since all these days grin
guess he s now building a two bedroom flat in Biafra town grin

we for don dey see... "PMB is so mescapheming and ladastical on Dansuki" grin

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by diasporaman(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dasuki ain't see nothing yet
Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by tolexy007(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by piemei(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
Topeakintola:

well said

He has been very quiet in the last few weeks.

I guess this is a coded message to his IPOB support base to start another round of protests on his behalf

IPAD Oya - over to you people
this Dasuki man is not an igbo man y calling Ipob #ewuOhia...#AturuAwusa

Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by Generalkorex(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: I’m Not Ready For Trial, Says Dasuki by mrajims(m): 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
Geniro:
bUHARI and his useless and dull govt.
please receive sense undecided

Aregbesola Clears 4 Months Salary Arrears With N14.2bn - Vanguard / How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis / Four Men Killed In Ibarapa After Arrest Of Fulani Warlord, Wakili —gani Adams