Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,450 members, 7,846,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

My Travails In The Hands Of Fashola's Boys - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Travails In The Hands Of Fashola's Boys (653 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Travails In The Hands Of Fashola's Boys by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 20, 2009
I am an avid supporter of Governor Babtunde Raji Fashola, the current governor of Lagos state. My unfliching support is premised on Fashola's scoreCARD in the last few months - a cleaner Lagos, better transport system, enviable business environment etc.

I have however heard numerous complaints on some of the ills being perpetuated by agents of the state government, most of which I waived off as being bogus and unfounded. Unfortunately I got a dose of Fash's treatment in the early houes of Tuesday 19 may 2009.

At exactly 6.30am on Tuesday morning, on my way to work, around Onikan round about, I was crudely accosted by men of the Nigerian Police Force Mobil unit, who claimed be members of the governor's 'Anti One Way Task Force'. I was accussed of obstructing terraffic (still cant understand how one  obstructs traffic on a fast moving lane at about 6:30am in the moring). Didnt get to work until 1pm having being disposed of over N25,000 (paid into the state government accounts).

The Head of the mobil unit that harrassed me (a mobile police man with no. 393909) bluntly acknowedleged that I had committed no traffic offence but he stopped me because he didnt like people like (only God knows what he meant by that. Please dont ask me why I followed him to LASTMA garrage, any reasonable person would have done the same thing - giving the strength of the smell of Indian oozing out from the guy's body and the ugly looking AK 47 he had on him.  

For no justifiable reason I was made to part with over N25,000 and made to spend over 3 hours at LASTMA's garrage.

Someone pls tell Governor Fashola Eko nba je lo ma ni yi.
Re: My Travails In The Hands Of Fashola's Boys by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On May 20, 2009
Is there anyway to complain to the governor, cos i am so sure that he is not aware that such atrocities are going on.
I will say u did the right thing, cos in the court of law betw a dead man and a living cops in Nigeria, the dead man is always wrong, but there has to be a way to lodge a complaint.

(1) (Reply)

Sowore's ''the World For A Barrel'' + Dissatisfied Nigerians / Could It Be Possible That Some Reputable Nigerians Are Behind Mend?read This! / Teenage Ritual Suspect In The Net - Emphasis On Teenage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.