Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

How To Stay Motivated - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Stay Motivated (618 Views)

Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. / Stay Motivated... Be Positive ! / 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When Things Don’t Go As Planned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Motivated by playces: 11:59am On Nov 18, 2015
I was discussing with a friend last week. He asked me, “How can someone manage to survive in this country”. He showed me the business plan he wants to execute and I must tell you, it takes only an intelligent person to come up with that. I told him he should not lose focus, its achievable. What separates the highly successful is the ability to keep moving forward. This story is applicable to many of us. We live in a society where our drive is constantly attacked by negative thoughts and anxiety about the future. Martin Luther king Jnr once said,
“If you can’t fly, then run,
If you can’t run, then walk,
If you can’t walk, then crawl,
But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward”.

Motivation is what causes us to act, whether it is eating a slice of bread to satisfy hunger or pursing your Master’s degree to gain knowledge. Motivation is what inspired me to write this article. Though, it might not be the best you’ve read on the topic, but it’s a stepping stone to an award winning article in future.
We all have dreams, ambitions and goals, but such things don’t come on a platter of gold. Achieving such will require the ability to persist through obstacles and endurance to keep going in spite of difficulties. People that came up with great innovations were motivated to cause that change. They failed many times but motivation powered them to accomplish their goals.

The first step in staying motivated is to build your confidence. Practice positive thinking. Your mind gets to conform with the beliefs you feed to it. This is not the time to indulge in non-creative thoughts like past failures, heart breaks and personal weakness. Focus and develop your strengths. This will restore your confidence and get you motivated to build on your current success.
Also, don’t give to fear. It drains your motivation. If you have already set a goal, you automatically define the master plan of accomplishing it. If you have a fear of failing your examination, create a timetable that will allocates more time for study and tutorials.
Don’t lose focus on the big picture.
Once you have your confidence rejuvenated and have the big picture in focus, you should set direction. This keep you in check and make sure you are in alignment with your goal. Direction is having a day-to-day strategy to achieve it. A lack of direction kills motivation because without an obvious next action, we succumb to procrastination. Identify those activities which are paramount in determining your success. Then direct your energy towards these activities.

It is inescapable that you will encounter occasional failure, low momentum or bad luck. Even when things are going wrong, do you believe in being strong? Many of us give up after the first trial, we simply accept the defeat and seek other opportunities. You need to discipline your mind to propel yourself to success.

See you at the top!!!

Re: How To Stay Motivated by hob(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
Good

(1) (Reply)

A Short Story That Won The African Creative Writers Competiton / Society. / Not As You Think!: Outside The Prison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.