Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Need A Good Gaming Laptop - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Need A Good Gaming Laptop (3767 Views)

Looking For A Good Gaming Chair Who Can Support A Big Fellow / Please Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop / Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Good Gaming Laptop by maxdozie(m): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
Guys am in search of a Good Gaming pc.. for 130k with Nvidia GTX series ... My Budget can get me a Good laptop, I can go Higher depending on the specs of the Laptop ... please if you got any laptop for sell pls tell me .. Also If you got any suggestion please tell me!
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by otunba88(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Can you pay 160k for my 2015 edition lenovo y50-70 with Intel core i7, 8gig ram, fullHD, nvidia gtx860m 2gig vram, 4hrs battery. Add me on whatsapp 08039117027 for pics.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by maxdozie(m): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
160k for a Lenovo y50 is too much .. Rather buy from ebay
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by DammyOlu123(m): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
160k for this laptop is a complete steal. The price brand new is about 225k. As long as this guy is genuine, and you can verify the product, I would strongly suggest this. Except you don't plan on raising your budget.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by maxdozie(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2015
DammyOlu123:
160k for this laptop is a complete steal. The price brand new is about 225k. As long as this guy is genuine, and you can verify the product, I would strongly suggest this. Except you don't plan on raising your budget.

Yea ... The deal has being done...
Am buying it
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by otunba88(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
Really? Lol. It's very genuine dude. I'm in need of money for my MSc reason why I'm selling if not I won't even sell for 180 cos the laptop is still delivering.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by DammyOlu123(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
otunba88:
Really? Lol. It's very genuine dude. I'm in need of money for my MSc reason why I'm selling if not I won't even sell for 180 cos the laptop is still delivering.

Oh, I'm not doubting your authenticity, just telling him to use discretion, same as I'll tell anyone buying anything, especially online. I wasn't pointing anything at you in particular.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Their is nothing like a gaming laptop

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by EmmaStone01: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2015
youngice:
Please explain further.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 10:29am On Nov 24, 2015
EmmaStone01:

Please explain further.
What most Nigerians call gaming laptop is a laptop that can play fifa , cod and maybe gta
With a laptop depending on the specifations , these games will run , albeit medium-low settings using a resolution of maybe 1386*760, in the gaming world , this is shit.
The reason why you Cant have a gaming laptop is due to heating constraints and the fact that the only two parts of a laptop you can upgrade is the RAM and the hdd.

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by EmmaStone01: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2015
youngice:

What most Nigerians call gaming laptop is a laptop that can play fifa , cod and maybe gta
With a laptop depending on the specifations , these games will run , albeit medium-low settings using a resolution of maybe 1386*760, in the gaming world , this is shit.
The reason why you Cant have a gaming laptop is due to heating constraints and the fact that the only two parts of a laptop you can upgrade is the RAM and the hdd.
Oh. But I thought the processor speed could be boosted (sort of upgrading).
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2015
EmmaStone01:

Oh. But I thought the processor speed could be boosted (sort of upgrading).
Overclocking has a lot of adverse effects and it will eventually try your processor, your fans a optimized for a specific range of temperatures any thing other than that ......

I see too many people posting crap and I never bother to correct them

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by otunba88(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2015
youngice:
Don't blame the country blame your account balance, It has limit you thought. Lol
Gaming laptop is here in Nigeria ,all you need to get them is MONEY...
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2015
otunba88:

Don't blame the country blame your account balance, It has limit you thought. Lol
Gaming laptop is here in Nigeria ,all you need to get them is MONEY...
I feel bad for you

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2015
Why you dont want a "gaming laptop":

there is no such thing as a gaming laptop. gaming is about the experience. so;

a: you need to be able to concentrate on it.

b: you need a large screen

c: you need to be comfortable

d: you need good sound

e: you need good mouse and keyboard

f: you want something powerful as the more fluid a game can be the more enjoyment you will get

d: your system needs to be able to disperse heat, something all laptops have a problem with. especially after 6 months of dust

and if you dont care about all of that, and still think you will have a good gaming experience on a 15inch screen on a bus, please consider:

a:everything in your laptop has a lifespan of 2 years, after which your money is completely wasted. as you wont be able to upgrade sufficiently.

b: the case you pay for in a laptop gets thrown away

c: the keyboard gets thrown away

d: the touch pad gets thrown away

e: the motherboard gets thrown away

f: the power supply gets thrown away

g: the monitor gets thrown away

h: cpu thrown away

i: ram thrown away

j: hard drives, thrown away

k: cd/dvd drives thrown away

with a desktop, when things are a little out of date, you can keep almost all of these components and just buy a new motherboard, or cpu, or graphics card etc. making desktops better for the world and better for your pocket.

also consider

a: laptop is easy to steal

b: a gaming laptop will be targeted especially to steal

c: you will look like a nerdy rich kid

have i talked you out of it yet??

every day there is someone asking about a "gaming laptop", and another person crying that their new "gaming laptop" performs like crap, overheats, was a waste of money. it really annoys me and ever gamer/techie really knows that gaming laptops are overpriced peices of crap that no one should be looking at buying

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by otunba88(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
youngice:

f: you want something powerful as the more fluid a game can be the more enjoyment you will get

d: your system needs to be able to disperse heat, something all laptops have a problem with. especially after 6 months of dust

and if you dont care about all of that, and still think you will have a good gaming experience on a 15inch screen on a bus, please consider:

a:everything in your laptop has a lifespan of 2 years, after which your money is completely wasted. as you wont be able to upgrade sufficiently.

with a desktop, when things are a little out of date, you can keep almost all of these components and just buy a new motherboard, or cpu, or graphics card etc. making desktops better for the world and better for your pocket.

also consider

every day there is someone asking about a "gaming laptop", and another person crying that their new "gaming laptop" performs like crap, overheats, was a waste of money. it really annoys me and ever gamer/techie really knows that gaming laptops are overpriced peices of crap that no one should be looking at buying
I repeat blame your pocket and now let me add, your level of exposure is poor, very poor...sorry for you. Pls make use of Google more. Be well.

2 Likes

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
otunba88:

I repeat blame your pocket and now let me add you level of exposure is poor, very poor...sorry for you. Pls make use of Google more. Be well.
Can you read
Please don't take out your frustration in me
I don't know you,don't want to no you but I can connect to a counselling agency ex parte

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
maxdozie:
Guys am in search of a Good Gaming pc.. for 130k with Nvidia GTX series ... My Budget can get me a Good laptop, I can go Higher depending on the specs of the Laptop ... please if you got any laptop for sell pls tell me .. Also If you got any suggestion please tell me!
What games do you have in mind

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by DammyOlu123(m): 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
There are such things as gaming laptops. Alienware, Asus ROG(Republic Of Gamers), MSI, Saeger, Cyberpower, even hp has a gaming laptop series. But as otunba88 said. This is a developing country. Don't blame us if we consider mediocre laptops as gaming ones. Seeing as #18k is basic salary, I don't expect the average Nigerian to shell out #400k and above to play games.

PS, not everyone wants to game on a desktop. Those, I think, are for hardcore gamers. And the same money rules still apply here, even more so, seeing as high end desktop components are expensive and scarce in our markets.

@op, have you finally gotten a laptop?? specs??

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by HyDef(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
In terms of performance, a gaming rig beats a gaming laptop hands down... But then why do gaming laptops exist? Things only exist when there is demand for them.

In Nigeria for instance, you'd want one because you need a laptop(seeing as our power supply ain't the best), and if you like playing games, you'll get a laptop that can play great games as well. Plus us people that are always on the move.

If I wasn't a student, I'd have a rig, cuz I'd have an apartment. I go home all the time. I ain't gonna carry my computer home.

I'm all for Asus ROGs. Dual fan setup with dual exhaust. A guy named ericdry wanted to sell a G75VW somewhere on the forum, not sure if he's sold it. You might want to consider that. Has a GTX 660M which plays today's games on about medium settings.

Perfection isn't attainable without a maxed out budget. We make do with what we have.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by youngice(m): 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
HyDef:
In terms of performance, a gaming rig beats a gaming laptop hands down... But then why do gaming laptops exist? Things only exist when there is demand for them.

In Nigeria for instance, you'd want one because you need a laptop(seeing as our power supply ain't the best), and if you like playing games, you'll get a laptop that can play great games as well. Plus us people that are always on the move.

If I wasn't a student, I'd have a rig, cuz I'd have an apartment. I go home all the time. I ain't gonna carry my computer home.

I'm all for Asus ROGs. Dual fan setup with dual exhaust. A guy named ericdry wanted to sell a G75VW somewhere on the forum, not sure if he's sold it. You might want to consider that. Has a GTX 660M which plays today's games on about medium settings.

Perfection isn't attainable without a maxed out budget. We make do with what we have.
DammyOlu123:
There are such things as gaming laptops. Alienware, Asus ROG(Republic Of Gamers), MSI, Saeger, Cyberpower, even hp has a gaming laptop series. But as otunba88 said. This is a developing country. Don't blame us if we consider mediocre laptops as gaming ones. Seeing as #18k is basic salary, I don't expect the average Nigerian to shell out #400k and above to play games.
PS, not everyone wants to game on a desktop. Those, I think, are for hardcore gamers. And the same money rules still apply here, even more so, seeing as high end desktop components are expensive and scarce in our markets.
@op, have you finally gotten a laptop?? specs??
Mature people that read
I said their is nothing like a gaming laptop knowing fully well what I meant
Gaming is about experience and most laptop can't provide you with the ultimate gaming experience
I have a very good laptop that I play graphic intensive games on like star wars battle front, gta v, cod but I won't call it a gaming laptop
It will never play full hd (1920 *1080) talkless of 4k
The parts are not upgradeable and forget beats audio the sound will always be wacky unless connected to a Sound system
I shelled out reasonable cash for the laptop
So when I from a knowledgeable standpoint opines that there is nothing like a gaming laptop , no one should quote me. I hope he gets banned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by HyDef(m): 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
youngice:

Mature people that read
Gaming is about experience and most laptop can't provide you with the ultimate gaming experience
I have a very good laptop that I play graphic intensive games on like star wars battle front, gta v, cod but I won't call it a gaming laptop
It will never play full hd (1960 *1080) talkless of 4k
The parts are not upgradeable and forget beats audio the sound will always be wacky unless connected to a Sound system
So when I from a knowledgeable standpoint opines that there is nothing like a gaming laptop , no one should quote me. I hope he gets banned

Okay. I have heard you sir.

Full HD is 1920 x 1080.

Juz' sayin.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by DammyOlu123(m): 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
Knowledgeable standpoint?
No one should quote you?
*prostrates*
I'm so sorry sir.
I also apologize for the op for using such obscene language like 'gaming laptop'.
As for me and other Nigerians, we will take what we have.

1 Like

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by damiosy(m): 1:44am On Jan 05, 2016
maxdozie:

NEW CONDITION

Still in carton with recovery disc etc

Razer Blade Pro

Core i7,2.40ghz

128SSD,16gb ram

2gb dedicated nvidia GTX 860M

17.3inch,8hrs battery life,backlit keyboard

Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by Mckandre(m): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2016
youngice:

also consider

desktop is limited at a point due to the processor speed and type, well i would say both rigs(LTC and DTC) are limited. considering what you said about the board; a motherboard cannot be upgraded,upgrading it is the same as getting a new system. the processor on the other hand is attached to the board and if it must be changed, it requires a good tech guru to do that perfectly without issues and coming across such aint gonna be easy so as getting a processor ie a correct match and type with the predecessor without having incompatibility issues with the board components.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by litaninja(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
@youngice After you upgrade and buy a new new motherboard, cpu and graphics card what else is left in the rig na? You've essentially bought a new rig fa. A couple of us enjoy the mobility of Gaming laptops, so, we choose them. The performance difference is not much. To enjoy the video and sound you're particular about, You'd still need a good monitor / large screen for you desktop rig anyway, just add that to your laptop as well. That way you can keep an eye on twitter while you play. Obviously you're gonna hookup to a sound system to enjoy gaming, laptop or desktop...so moot point. Wetin else remain.
Shell out cash for a gaming laptop biko....and ain't nothing wrong with looking like a rich nerdy kid. Nerds rule now....
And some of us are reeeeeaaaallllllly cool grin

**--**-- Typed on my ROG --**--**
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by texazzpete(m): 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
youngice:

Mature people that read
It will never play full hd (1920 *1080) talkless of 4k

Ignorance is not good sha.

There are gaming laptops running 970m or 980m GPUs that can pretty much play any modern game at very high settings at 1080p.

You need some more exposure
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by speedfreak(m): 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
hello nairalanders,pls I require your assistance...I have a HP pavilion 15 which has played a lot of good games (Arkham asylum,FIFA 15,GTA iv) but has refused to play GTAV. so please I need anyone to recommend any gaming laptop that would play GTA V at medium settings.price range 100-120k
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by Hakeem12(m): 6:24am On Jan 30, 2016
speedfreak:
hello nairalanders,pls I require your assistance...I have a HP pavilion 15 which has played a lot of good games (Arkham asylum,FIFA 15,GTA iv) but has refused to play GTAV. so please I need anyone to recommend any gaming laptop that would play GTA V at medium settings.price range 100-120k
why don't you visit docconcepts.com. Those guys have good laptops for that price you mentioned.
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by meks007(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lenovo y510p ideapad
16gig ram
Full HD display 1920x1080
Core i7-4700mq CPU @2.40ghz
24gig ssd
1tb hdd
4gig nividia dedicted graphics (2gig each in sli)
Jbl branded speakers
Backlight keyboard
Win 10
Re: Need A Good Gaming Laptop by Awotimi(m): 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
I have a Dell E3043 for sale. Its an all in one desktop. Its going for 80k...if you're interested call or whatsapp: 09096653623

(1) (2) (Reply)

SNES Is Back, Nintendo Launches $80 Mini Console With 21 Games Built-in(Photos) / GTA V: Someone Please Recommend Where I Can Get This Game Online / I Sell Playstation Network And Xbox Live Cards For Online Gaming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.