Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes (76020 Views)

Meet Wives Of Top Nigerian Billionaires (pics) / 9 Silent Nigerian Billionaires Who Keep Their Wealth On A Low Key(photos) / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Rotimi47: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
confirmation
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by IYANGBALI: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Which ojoro comment when the evidence is right there in your face! Look around your state you will notice some of the choice properties or businesses are owned by Igbos! Though i know you will deny this, but the truth is the truth
eyaaaaaaaaaa sorry you hear?come chop amala and ila alasepo
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Abdhool(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
Where is Mrs Allison Madueke.... I no bilivit!
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by IYANGBALI: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
Abdhool:
Where is Mrs Allison Madueke.... I no bilivit!
she is in the latrine
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by GreatEngineer(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
Because I refuse to give Forbes the bribe they asked from me, that is why they removed my name from the list.
Isokay.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by mozele(m): 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
If there's anyway i can legally make $5b from now to the next five years, let someone wake me up from slumber.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by 400billionman: 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
Where is PEACE MASS TRANSIT and THE YOUNG ?

STOP short CHANGE -ing Igbos.

Are Nigerian billionaires getting richer or poorer ?
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by barnabas91: 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
My name is going to be on that list soon in Jesus name. Oke Barnabas Oluwatosin, the youngest world billionaire. #FORBES REPORT na so dem go write am. HIT LIKE if u also claim this

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Mbediogu(m): 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
dadem:
Forbes releases list of 50 wealthiest Africans.
Aliko Dangote retains no 1 spot. Only 5 Nigerians are certified billionaires. They are:

1. Aliko Dangote - $16.5 B
2. Mike Adenuga - $3.5 B
3. Folorunsho Alakija - $1.7 B
4. Femi Otedola - $1.6 B
5. Abdulsamad Rabiu - $1 B

Other Nigerians were on the list but aren't billionaires:

1. Tony Elumelu - $700 M
2. Jim Ovia - $550 M
3. Muhammad Idimi - $500 M
4. Orjo Uzor Kalu - $330 M

http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

Dangote is worth more than the sum of all of them. Yet he is so quiet. Some politicians in SE
are boasting that they were rich b4 politics. I neva see them name here.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by KelvinKelt(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Op, this is not what I expected to see. I expected to see a total list of African billionaires & countries they represent. Ur list is not elaborate

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ezeagu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
speedyGonzales:

actually there all fit perfectly but the countries in the west are the wants, stealling much of our oil money! for instance that is an article on how shell a dutch-british company has corrupt spies in every level of Nigerian Government, Also, the reason the British supported Nigeria against Biafra war, Oil for Straving dead childern.

WikiLeaks cables: Shell's grip on Nigerian state revealed
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/dec/08/wikileaks-cables-shell-nigeria-spying

I know where you're coming from, but I'm trying to explain that there are far superior priorities to a society than the number of billionaires it has.

Count the oil barons on these lists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_by_net_worth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_by_net_worth

And I can tell you at least two Nigerian billionaires who aren't into oil are propped up the Nigerian government, a government sponsored monopoly, so we need to look at thing more clearly before offering conclusions.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dullard is to blame for the fall in number of Nigerian billionaires.!
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by olawooro: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
dadem:
Tony Elumelu is the richest Niger Deltan alive.
Is Tony Elumelu from niger-delta? Misinformation!
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by sukkot: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
how come they all white though ?
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by 400billionman: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
iameugene:
No yiboooo man in first 10 in africa grin

No yibooo man in first 5 nigeria grin

This is bad shocked ... We want biafra grin

OBJ made it so by undermining IBETO..

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by TheAdvocate(m): 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
ezeagu:

That's not really the point anyway, I've partly explained why there are more billionaires in places like northern Nigeria. Another is the structure of the society, in the north and west their societies are a lot more structured and many of this is because of their strong kingship/rulership systems which also lead to many aristocratic families sucking up the wealth of a community, or even owning the whole community and rendering the people serfs. This is not the case in especially Igbo culture where a system of individualism is still very strong (which is why there are multiple 'south east' threads for every Igbo state). People often mistake the individualism for weakness or disunity, but the fundamental idea that everybody is equal (well except osu and slaves in the past) is what has lead there to be more trust, less hierarchy, and which leads to less billionaires.

Now that's a huge lie. People like Emir of Kano Lamido Sanusi earns largely on state government patronage. No rulership in the North socks from any community fund. Am sure yu never visited the North. For example, Idon't stand up for any first class chief up North and yu don't lock shops up North because a Chief died.
All these are pronounced in the south than North.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by generalissimo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
Pidggin:

See this
I've seen the picture but I still don't understand how these rich men are responsible for the guys in the picture ordeal. Most of these billionaires inherited their fortunes from their families and made better use of their money to attain this status. Only public office holders are most likely to amass their wealth at the detriment of the people.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by JigsawKillah(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
amiskurie:
Rubbish list

Because Forbes is not our friend,they neva got a thing right

as long as Dangote keeps retaining number one, the list is trash!
Forbes knows nothing! We Nigerians know Dangote is only a name. . . The real billionaires hide within that name.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by JigsawKillah(m): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
all4naija:
Dullard is to blame for the fall in number of Nigerian billionaires.!

who do we then blame for your low IQ

4 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
JigsawKillah:

who do we then blame for your low IQ
You don't have IQ at all! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Freeman50(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
Well, money is good. Everybody likes money. Plan your ways well.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ezeagu(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
TheAdvocate:

Now that's a huge lie. People like Emir of Kano Lamido Sanusi earns largely on state government patronage. No rulership in the North socks from any community fund. Am sure yu never visited the North. For example, Idon't stand up for any first class chief up North and yu don't lock shops up North because a Chief died.
All these are pronounced in the south than North.

Look at the number of billionaires in the north, their ancestry, and the condition of the north, that's all I have to write.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by JigsawKillah(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
all4naija:
You don't have IQ at all! lipsrsealed

it's still bigger than your bank account! Retardinho!
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by JigsawKillah(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
ezeagu:

Look at the number of billionaires in the north, their ancestry, and the condition of the north, that's all I have to write.

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ALISMILE(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
oloyolo:
. Honestly sir I must confess I admire your extraordinary courage and self esteem
Not every body has the courage u have. thank God for real people like u who have enough self esteem to be who they really are everywhere they find thire self. for both the wise and the stupid the lord God made them all smiley
thanks bro! U jus uplifted my spirit high! God bless u sir
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by onyepapa(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
dadem:
Tony Elumelu is the richest Niger Deltan alive.
hope you know abia is part of Niger Delta?
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by speedyGonzales: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
ezeagu:

I know where you're coming from, but I'm trying to explain that there are far superior priorities to a society than the number of billionaires it has.

Count the oil barons on these lists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_by_net_worth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_by_net_worth

And I can tell you at least two Nigerian billionaires who aren't into oil are propped up the Nigerian government, a government sponsored monopoly, so we need to look at thing more clearly before offering conclusions.

I can spot oil billionaires in those list, and they don't even have as much oil in their countries as in Nigeria! The truth is much of our rich politicians don't show up on those Forbes list because their money are illegally obtained the same way the Mexican drug kings or Putin doesn't show up on that list! but the northerners and sw, have the billionaires... where are the part with much of the resource that has made Nigeria one. if a section of the country feels uncared for, they will always be problems...

But I understand what you have said, the resources of this region is responsible for "one Nigeria" therefore, it is okay for the region to keep sacrificing and suffering in silence for "one Nigeria" the failure we have failed to acknowledge that it is.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Olayemi244(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
cryMy Name OLAYOONU IDRIS OPEYEMI will be @ the Top 1 day and sooner I believe
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by AmazingDanny(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
no Igbo pikin for the billionaires list? Kilode? Thought Igbo people are resourceful?
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ideology(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
amiskurie:
Rubbish list

Because Forbes is not our friend,they neva got a thing right
They omitted our names, kikikikikiiii, no vex oo, we don't need the publicity oga grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by JuanDeDios: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
ezeagu:

Answer this question, is the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Russia a standard for human development and rights? Those Arab countries managed to keep hold of their resources, but their countries are built with slave labour from India. Russia is well known to be an oligarchy. You should have used the US, UK, and Canada, but that would not fit your point.
Forget the US. It's an oligarchy, too. Europe is the ideal society.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
speedyGonzales:
[size=25pt]Where are the SE and SS billionaires with their oil money?[/size]

The oil money/jobs has been taken over by the abokis,yorubas
Yorubas form 90% of the man power in the oil companies in delta state(chevron ,Escravos ) rivers state ,bayelsa etc
Abokis form 80% of NNPC manpower in delta,ph,offices
Mike Adenuga got his money from oil too
Alakija got hers from oil too
Dangote is there now too,,,,,building refinery
If the yorubish can just stay in their coco rich towns and abokis stay with their ground nuts,gworo
Things will be different

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex / Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.