Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes (75989 Views)

Meet Wives Of Top Nigerian Billionaires (pics) / 9 Silent Nigerian Billionaires Who Keep Their Wealth On A Low Key(photos) / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by manfred10(m): 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
Incomplete List.

5. Yangedue Benjamin
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by klax(m): 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
ezeagu:

That's not really the point anyway, I've partly explained why there are more billionaires in places like northern Nigeria. Another is the structure of the society, in the north and west their societies are a lot more structured and many of this is because of their strong kingship/rulership systems which also lead to many aristocratic families sucking up the wealth of a community, or even owning the whole community and rendering the people serfs. This is not the case in especially Igbo culture where a system of individualism is still very strong (which is why there are multiple 'south east' threads for every Igbo state). People often mistake the individualism for weakness or disunity, but the fundamental idea that everybody is equal (well except osu and slaves in the past) is what has lead there to be more trust, less hierarchy, and which leads to less billionaires.

Mr man biko go and park somewhere ok. If Kalu was number 1 on the list you will be bragging now the we igbo owns the world but when things go otherway grammar, analysis, hating will start so please Nwanne go and rest.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Abagworo(m): 12:09am On Nov 19, 2015
ezeagu:

That's not really the point anyway, I've partly explained why there are more billionaires in places like northern Nigeria. Another is the structure of the society, in the north and west their societies are a lot more structured and many of this is because of their strong kingship/rulership systems which also lead to many aristocratic families sucking up the wealth of a community, or even owning the whole community and rendering the people serfs. This is not the case in especially Igbo culture where a system of individualism is still very strong (which is why there are multiple 'south east' threads for every Igbo state). People often mistake the individualism for weakness or disunity, but the fundamental idea that everybody is equal (well except osu and slaves in the past) is what has lead there to be more trust, less hierarchy, and which leads to less billionaires.

In summary wealth is more evenly distributed in Igboland but yet they call us greedy.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Abagworo(m): 12:12am On Nov 19, 2015
klax:

Mr man biko go and park somewhere ok. If Kalu was number 1 on the list you will be bragging now the we igbo owns the world but when things go otherway grammar, analysis, hating will start so please Nwanne go and rest.

You are wrong. Igbos take pride in individualvmultiple success than a super rich. In Igbo village gatherings the respected men are those who have raised more millionaires by sharing business experience than those who have billions all to themselves.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Nov 19, 2015
klax:

The danger of assumptions: https://www.nairaland.com/2670499/orji-uzo-kalu-becomes-president-world

ezeagu:
Ask Abia people what this guy did to Abia State. Such a person would not even be considered by any proper Igbo nationalist so I don't know why people are asking this same person who has entered the Forbes list by cheating and stealing from Igbo children to come and "invest" in the same lands he left barren. It is under this man that Aba became the urban disaster that it is now and which it is trying to recover from. He is the same one that funded the destabilisation of Abia through kidnapping because he failed to keep control of the other thief TA.

Please, talk better thing like how can the Igbo people collectively remove demons like Orji or use them to the advantage of the Igbo people in some kind of subversive way. This guy is simply worse than all your northern and so on so called enemies that you say are hindering your advancement.

ezeagu:

When you see people bragging about Tinubu and Dangote as examples of progress in their region, that is when you know the caliber of person you are exchanging words with. Can you imagine an Abia person bragging about Orji Uzor Kalu, or an Anambra man bragging about the Uba family, both multi-billionaires? Poor peoples money? It is like Brunei people bragging about the sultans wealth. Isn't that a curse onto oneself?

https://www.nairaland.com/2278615/historical-photos-biafran-soldiers-military/14

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by donphilopus: 12:37am On Nov 19, 2015
IlekeHD:

Imagine converting all these cheddah to naira.

See my godparents on the list: Mike Adenuga and Madam Alakija . Mo ri yin eyin eyan mi.

Last weekend, me and Aliko Dango's nephew hung out. grin

cheesy grin cheesy grin Forget those hangouts abeg. At least, I'm also a Senator's nephew and I believe whoever hangs out with me would say he has hung out with a Senator's nephew not knowing that my pocket isn't that stable. cheesy grin No be all Dangote nephews get money is what I'm saying in essence.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 19, 2015
ezeagu:

Sorry for your prehistoric brain that can't comprehend multiple strings of information at once.
Shut da fùck up

Retąrd
So you think you have made sense because of those olodos giving you likes abi?

Idíot
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by GRACEGLORY: 12:46am On Nov 19, 2015
dadem:
Forbes releases list of 50 wealthiest Africans.
Aliko Dangote retains no 1 spot. Only 5 Nigerians are certified billionaires. They are:

1. Aliko Dangote - $16.5 B

False information: Dangote Worth $14.7b according to For be.
See:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2015/03/02/forbes-billionaires-full-list-of-the-500-richest-people-in-the-world-2015/

2. Mike Adenuga - $3.5 B
3. Folorunsho Alakija - $1.7 B
4. Femi Otedola - $1.6 B
5. Abdulsamad Rabiu - $1 B

Other Nigerians were on the list but aren't billionaires:

1. Tony Elumelu - $700 M
2. Jim Ovia - $550 M
3. Muhammad Idimi - $500 M
4. Orjo Uzor Kalu - $330 M

http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by KruggerINC(m): 1:03am On Nov 19, 2015
dadem:
Aliko Dangote retains no 1 spot. Only 5 Nigerians are certified billionaires. They are:

2. Mike Adenuga - $3.5 B
4. Femi Otedola - $1.6 B

1. Tony Elumelu - $700 M
2. Jim Ovia - $550 M

What of TY Danjuma? IBB , Diezani?
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by IlekeHD: 1:03am On Nov 19, 2015
donphilopus:

cheesy grin cheesy grin Forget those hangouts abeg. At least, I'm also a Senator's nephew and I believe whoever hangs out with me would say he has hung out with a Senator's nephew not knowing that my pocket isn't that stable. cheesy grin No be all Dangote nephews get money is what I'm saying in essence.

lol you're not serious.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by mikron(m): 1:39am On Nov 19, 2015
amiskurie:

U also do not get me.

I'm waiting for that person that would.
I get u my brother, the list is not a true representation of what is on ground, there are many secret billionaires from Naija missing here,

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ezeagu(m): 2:14am On Nov 19, 2015
bulldoza has gone into meltdown mode, the simple organism lost body heat trying to understand multiple strings of information. Brain stuck in one gear I suppose, who could blame you. Poor typical African beast.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by iboboyswag(m): 2:27am On Nov 19, 2015
TheAdvocate:

Now that's a huge lie. People like Emir of Kano Lamido Sanusi earns largely on state government patronage. No rulership in the North socks from any community fund. Am sure yu never visited the North. For example, Idon't stand up for any first class chief up North and yu don't lock shops up North because a Chief died.
All these are pronounced in the south than North.
I beg to disagree, what ezeagu was trying to say is that the societal structure in places like the north permits only the aristocrats and cohorts (who ever they allow) to rise within the community and as to sucking from the community, being that they are most times sole representative of the community even as they are not answerable to the community, they appropriate for themselves and have sole control over that which is due to the entire community.
P.s we are learning... Please no tribal slurs

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by iboboyswag(m): 2:30am On Nov 19, 2015
bulldoza:

Abeg who understands what this troll is saying
I do... Do you need me to explain further?
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by dpfaces(m): 3:15am On Nov 19, 2015
Join others and make the new chatting community another fun filled paradise.

www.dpfaces.com

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by kennycalls(m): 3:58am On Nov 19, 2015
elumelu should be the worst among them that he why his wealth is dwindling coz it was made by the sweat and blood of young nigerian contract staff regarded as forced labour
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by decub: 4:30am On Nov 19, 2015
ezeagu:

But there's no oil in the "South east" now.

The wealth is more shared out in those areas resulting in higher human development. There may be 20 billionaires in the north for example but there's 100,000 millionaires in the south. The 'koko' isn't billionaires, because some worser off countries have more billionaires than some trillion dollar economies, it's about HDI and per capita income.

https://www.nairaland.com/2698050/nigeria-holding-back-south-east
I will buy you a drink cos ur mum gave u some brains.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Ifebazz(m): 4:51am On Nov 19, 2015
dadem:

2. Mike Adenuga - $3.5 B
4. Femi Otedola - $1.6 B

1. Tony Elumelu - $700 M
2. Jim Ovia - $550 M

Of all the ritual money and money money hustling of the Igbos, so only one in the top ten?
Moral of it is that, not he that hustle most gets rewarded most.
So make una fear God.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by veesion: 5:10am On Nov 19, 2015
speedyGonzales:
[size=25pt]Where are the SE and SS billionaires with their oil money?[/size]
pls note that wealth is more evenly distrbtd dwn here we hate to have one persn own all d cash and subjct us to beggrly elements,we rathr go out nd hustle,dat said dnt 4get dat d north was handed pwr by d britsh on a platr of gold b4 they left which made them control d ecomy and its not a news hw selfishly they alocatd over 80 percnt of oil blocks in d south to themslves monopolisd juicy political positions and selectd imports to themselves against other tribes dnt 4gt dangote vs ibeto on d issue of cement al these they did wit their accompliancs frm d south west.dat is why u see us demand 4 JUSTICE becs weve had enof.other smaler tribes nevr get mouth talk their own.Injustice has made NIGERIA A FINISHED PROJECT
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by AMvanquish: 5:12am On Nov 19, 2015
Dangote & Abdulsamad repping kano state....
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by tonero230(m): 5:29am On Nov 19, 2015
dadem:

2. Mike Adenuga - $3.5 B
4. Femi Otedola - $1.6 B

1. Tony Elumelu - $700 M
2. Jim Ovia - $550 M

Lies from the pit of hell.What of Tonimas Nigeria Limited.The enyi of abia state
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by veesion: 5:49am On Nov 19, 2015
anyone can bcme a bilnare ovrnite if given d same OPPORTUNITIES wit most of d so cald bilnares (1) imagine givng me d sole right to imprt anythng mayb cement fuel or any fast line- dngte (2) imagine me fuckng a president and he rewards me with OIL BLOCKS- alkja (3) imajine a past presidnt floatng a bilion dollar company wit d country's money and and frntng me as ownr-adnga ,tny we knw who has got d stake in those coys and where d money came from wealth like these are neithr respctbl or sustainbl when d real owners (Nigerians) come 4 their it shal b a judgmt day

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by nkemjacob2(m): 5:54am On Nov 19, 2015
Some how dis list.... I wonder how polticians name are not there. Those huge moni they stole... Billions of dollars yet their name are not there
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:54am On Nov 19, 2015
dadem:
And what happened to Jim Ovia? He was worth some $800 M a few months back...all his worth isn't tied just to Zenith Bank. He must be having it really rough.
It's possible he made some recent ong term business investments that are yet to yeild dividends.

@ topic I am personally surprised IBB didn't make this list. Dude is worth a lot.
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2015
ezeagu:
bulldoza has gone into meltdown mode, the simple organism lost body heat trying to understand multiple strings of information. Brain stuck in one gear I suppose, who could blame you. Poor typical African beast.

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by amiskurie(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2015
mikron:
I get u my brother, the list is not a true representation of what is on ground, there are many secret billionaires from Naija missing here,
wink wink chop knuckle jare!
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by amiskurie(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2015
ideology:

They omitted our names, kikikikikiiii, no vex oo, you don't need the publicity oga grin
Kikiki....

U still dey dis Planet cheesy

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by Abachaz: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2015
the list is not correct, they didn't mention the richest itsekiri gangsta Ayeri Emami aka basholoye
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by ALISMILE(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2015
36STATES:

Professor Opeyemi Enoch solves 200 yrs maths proplem?? Police will soon arrest the intellectual fraud of a man. Even his professorship is fake, like everything Yoruba.

Thieving Yoruba wants to belong. Opujomi wants to be Chike Obi, first African Phd in mathematics? ehh? Oloshi Yoruba

Am laughing at u even in my sleep! Let me disappoint u a little! Not only yolobas hate u. Am no yoloba!

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by lasisi69(f): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2015
IamSANTIAGO:
End time list... Why is Lasisi69 name not there?
lol
Re: List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes by lastpage: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2015
dadem:

2. Mike Adenuga - $3.5 B
4. Femi Otedola - $1.6 B

1. Tony Elumelu - $700 M
2. Jim Ovia - $550 M

Upon all their NOISE, Ritual killing, Drug swallowing, Fake products and Piracy of intellectual property of others,.... see my Yiibo brothers for Number 6 and 7! grin grin grin

I tell you, Yorubas are "silent" killers like james Bond. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex / Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.