Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians Over Paris Attacks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians Over Paris Attacks (395 Views)

Russian Man Arrested With 2 Nigerians Over Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme. Photos / Cameroonians Clash With Nigerians Over Land, Two Dead, Six Injured. Photos / Xenophobia In India: Photos Of Nigerians & Others Attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians Over Paris Attacks by JSmart4u(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2015
i want to share an article i wrote concerning the way Nigerians are showing ungratefulness for fellow Nigerians showing support over the Paris Attacks. The article begins below' Over the weekend, Nigerians have been ranting about why we focus more on praying for Paris current problem of terror attacks and forget about what is happening in our own country. Their bone of contention is that they say international communities did not regard us as important when Boko Haram started fresh in Nigeria. This baffled me because with the rate at which Nigerians are addicted to the use of social media in sourcing news information, i could not help but wonder why we easily forget what they international communities did to support us. We have forgotten that we became a serious new matter for international news agencies for months especially when the Chibok girls were kidnapped. With the hash tag #bringbackourgirls, a lot of prominent figure heads and celebrities voiced out to boko haram to free the Chibok girls and few efforts were made in the country to rescue them but were not successful. Where do we start from, Malia Obama, P. Diddy, Pharrell and many other people i can't count supported us. But our memories seem to fade easily and e dey chook me for eye. The same Paris we keep saying we should not carry their matter on our heads like someone selling gala and yoghurt on our heads also supported us as people trooped out en-masse in front of their Eiffel Tower to protest with the # bringbackourgirls hashtag... This is no photoshop from the various pictures you can see. Now because Paris received more global attention compared to when the Chiboks girls were kidnapped, i do not know why the beef became so strong but in my opinion, is not warranted for.Why? If a person wants to display serious maturity in any situation they find themselves in, it is never done with the use of bad mouthing rather, show support, France will respect you when they needed international support. Issues like this, is what they cherish most and it will develop and improve bilateral relations between us and them. That way, you have proven that you are the bigger man and not all the ranting we are doing.We should not allow the 'third world' name we are being called to allow us be intimidated because i still believe that one day we would be ranked amongst the great nations of the world. US, Britain, Russia, China etc did not develop in a day or decade but life na turn by turn. How old are we since independence? In conclusion, we are all members of the international communities and as such, we are always inter-dependent on one another. If you feel that you are treated with evil, you should not pay back with evil because nothing gets solved by paying back like that.

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians Over Paris Attacks by lomprico(m): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
Most nigerians are naturally follow follow, even if they don't know the meaning of what they are copying, they will still copy. I see it as a slave mentality, they are trying to par up with the whites just to get accolades from them. Lubbish!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians Over Paris Attacks by JSmart4u(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
That mentality is so frustrating.

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Kills Grandmother Over House Rentage In Benin (see Graphic Pictures) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Palmwine Tapper, Injure One Other In Delta / Woman Allegedly Burns Her 11 Year Old Daughter In Her Private Area With Hot Iron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.