Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) (27815 Views)

FG Cancels NPA Contract With Intels, Atiku's Company / FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Nnemuka(f): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2015
I weep for Nigerians..... cry cry cry

11 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CCsurplus007(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2015
dany2k:
I know when things like this don't favour the northerners, It will never see the light of the day.well I am not surprised when Hausa-Fulani man is our president. What are the hope of the youths in this country if programme like this cannot be sustained. This act will only discourage the undergraduates in working hard to achieve academic excellence

We are really in for a very long ride. If first class Northern graduates cannot compete favourably with her southern counterparts ,how will they compete with the best in top schools around the world. If we continue like this , 20 years from now we wld still be going round in circles.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Ola17: 8:27am On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:
The question is If president Buhari can continue with PTDF and NITDA scholarship which uses quota system why is there no funds for the pressid scholarship?The fact is some people feel threatened because Pressid does not use Quota System... Too bad
CCsurplus007:

God bless you. To even imagine that the Sultan of Sokoto repeatedly called for the scholarship to be scrapped leaves little to be desired. China and India with their top ranked schools still sends her citizens to Usa, Canada and the Uk for studies. Effective technology transfer is always the goal. We have a long way to go in this country

To be honest, I'm beginning to see reasons with those clamouring for secession. What kind of evil mindset is this? It is a matter of wickedness for a section of this country to not just refuse to progress, but also doing everything to keep others down. I'm so sad right now. Finally I think we in the South shot ourselves in the foot by voting PMB.
What kind of rubbish is this?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:

We are really in for a very long ride. If first class Northern graduates cannot compete favourably with her southern counterparts ,how will they compete with the best in top schools around the world. If we continue like this , 20 years from now we wld still be going round in circles.

I weep for this country. The mods take this to the front page.

6 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Iamoilprince(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2015
they had better cancel it. Most people that benefitted from the scholarship were graduates from Convenant University and other private universities. Their sponsors can even afford the tuition.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CyberWolf: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2015
When we call the country a zoo, some people will get angry angry Where does this kind of thing happen if not in a zoo-like country? The worst part is that some supposedly educated Nigerians are not seeing this..Spits on the zoo and it's president. angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Ola17: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2015
dany2k:

I weep for this country. The mods take this to the front page.
Lalasticlala, how is Seun? Say hi to Afam4ever and OAMJ4 for me . wink

Maybe like it did to me, this thread will make many people have a rethink.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2015
Promhize:

The Two of you deserve National awards.

why don't you go ahead and give them the national award, and while you are at it give yourself one too.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CCsurplus007(m): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Iamoilprince:
they had better cancel it. Most people that benefitted from the scholarship were graduates from Convenant University and other private universities. Their sponsors can even afford the tuition.

My friend if you don't know what to say don't spill rubbish. For the last edition graduates from The University of Ibadan and The University of Nigeria Nsuka dominated the list. I am also a recipient of the scholarship and I finished from FUTA...bad belle. Even if Covenant University students dominated the previous list it is because they merited it.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Iamoilprince(m): 8:57am On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:

My friend if you don't know what to say don't spill rubbish. For the last edition graduates from The University of Ibadan and The University of Nigeria Nsuka dominated the list. I am also a recipient of the scholarship and I finished from FUTA...bad belle. Even if Covenant University students dominated the previous list it is because they merited it.

k
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by baddyoosha: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2015
WHO YOU HELP
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by oludashmi(f): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello Nairalanders

Here's one of us who recently got married and seeking your votes to win a contest to SA. Pls support by LIKING THEIR PIX. Hers is the link.... https:///nXGevm

Thanks thanks
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Sijo01(f): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2015
cheesy cheesy what do you expect from an illiterate president. Him nor go school, he nor wan encourage people to go. Duallard!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Eboh4z: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2015
He didn't go to school so he doesn't understand what education is all about.maybe he's going to start scholarship for cows

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by ahaika23: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Nice one bubu. Taking naija to the right direction. We love youuuuuuu!
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by arafone(m): 10:52am On Nov 19, 2015
cuteboy2:
Kai! What kind of change did we impose on ourselves shocked shocked

Cancelling education scholarship

We are in for one hell of a rough ride with these "change" people

Una neva chi chum chin
we have enough universities here in Nigeria.I don't see any reason for scholarship to study abroad
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Chubhie: 10:53am On Nov 19, 2015
Lai is drafting a denial as we speak.

4 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Truckpusher(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2015
We said it

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2015
this administration had better espouse the pressid programme and continue with it...Such a programme would consistently ensure that Nigeria produce bright minds that can push this foolish nation technologically forward in the future,,......everything does not need to be by the quota syatem...besides this programme and all others are funded by monies accrued from the niger delta... angry angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by adjoviomole(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2015
In micheal jackson'S voice.

Speechless speechless Buhari dats hw u make me feel.

We av rily got a very very long way to go. Smh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by frankwells(f): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2015
#WHAYSAY ENDTIMES SCHOLARSHIP
SEE THE GIRL BELOW THAT DID WHAT WE DO IN DOES DAYS,CANT REMEMBER THE NAME AGAIN

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by saintkel(m): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2015
kenny987:
I wonder how these idiots pulled the wool over supposedly smart Nigerians and even so called educated ones supported this godforsaken change.

I can understand illiterates inevitably stuck in the 'our religion and brother' mode but now, slowly but surely the clouds are ominously gathering!

Is this really one Nigeria? This is rhetorical anyway cos it clearly isn't. The so called majority that handed this country to further destruction had better start praying hard n working out a way....
My dear I will blame d yolobars for dis, imagine educated ppl frm d west voting 4 a dullard? Nawa o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Mordyb: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2015
Iamoilprince:

who sent them not to pass exam Nigerian with their spoon feed mentality. Many "alleged" graduates are very unemployable.

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by frankwells(f): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2015
baddyoosha:
WHO YOU HELP
MY OLOSHO #ENDTIME

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by onyepapa(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2015
Ola17:

To be honest, I'm beginning to see reasons with those clamouring for secession. What kind of evil mindset is this? It is a matter of wickedness for a section of this country to not just refuse to progress, but also doing everything to keep others down. I'm so sad right now. Finally I think we in the South shot ourselves in the foot by voting PMB.
good morning

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by godwinkessi: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2015
NgeneUkwuenu pls where are u? They are insulting our president. Alert me when u come ooo pls. Berem pls oooo make una come

8 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2015
Chai...
This is End time government.. .

Buhaaaaari, wake up pls.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by kodded(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2015
Iamoilprince:

Zombies

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432[/img

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by warrior01: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2015
Ola17:

Good morning.

4 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by zimoni(f): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^When i say the core muslim north is holding back the South people will say it's a bigoted assertion!

All this rubbish is why i want either a restructured political-economy in Nigeria or we all go our separate ways!

Right from the 70s there's been all sorts of affirmative action in favour of the north, with the excuse that it has to be done this way because the north is poor or because the north is educationally disadvantaged! Nobody is thinking that this is unfair to the south who have had to slow down for more than 4 decades so the north can catch up!

Now, my question is: does this quota-system, nannying and pampering bestowed on the north have a termination date? Or are we going to continue with it ad-infinitum! Because if the latter is the case then i may just as well give up on Nigeria right now!

We can't be carrying on with this primitive way of doing things and expect to catch up with the Asian Tigers! In fact, if care is not taken even little Ghana sef will overtake us on the highway to socio-economic prosperity, leaving us spluttering and coughing in their wake as we forlornly watch them disappear into the distant horizon!

You are right Bro.

You have said it all.

This is a bad news, I'm sad.

My instincts told me they are going to scrap the scheme because they couldn't meet up. In the first batch of the program, north only had a candidate from Kwara state. They are really holding us back. Too badt.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by ericessien24: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2015
You all will still vote him in the next election

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi And Governor El-Rufai Break Ramadan Fast In Kaduna. Photos / Pepple: Our Candidate is not ready, I remain LP Chairman in Rivers State / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.