Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) (27818 Views)

FG Cancels NPA Contract With Intels, Atiku's Company / FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by lumenafrica: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
See how Cow chased this man. This happens only in Nigerian under "" government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_98mMBcRI

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CCsurplus007(m): 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
EazyMoh:

I never said Wike was the minister during the first batch, I said "held sway" we all know he was more powerful than the Hajiya, no thanks to his rapport with Madam Patience.
I also never mentioned the stats for the first two batches, I only mentioned the last which the Igbos dominated, and which you yourself confirm. Point is no justification could be given why for three consecutive batches not 1% northerners are deemed fit to qualify by using a shoddy process of selection.

So wike is now igbo? you amaze me bro. Why did portharcout and bayelsa indigenes not dominate any of the three editions? you also say a shoddy process of selection when your scores are displayed almost immediately you click submit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by meforyou1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
that's expected. when the president is a secondary school drop-out

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Ibukun003(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
That not perfectly true. Many doesn't connotes All. I know of at least 2 that benefited from my university - a state university. Many more from other federal and state schools.
The only reason there are more of private universities graduate is simply because they have quite a very good number of first class hence the opportunity to apply.
Iamoilprince:
they had better cancel it. Most people that benefitted from the scholarship were graduates from Convenant University and other private universities. Their sponsors can even afford the tuition.

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Splashme: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
How did Nigeria end up with
this baboon in Aso Rock?

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by ghostmist: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
EazyMoh:

I never said Wike was the minister during the first batch, I said "held sway" we all know he was more powerful than the Hajiya, no thanks to his rapport with Madam Patience.
I also never mentioned the stats for the first two batches, I only mentioned the last which the Igbos dominated, and which you yourself confirm. Point is no justification could be given why for three consecutive batches not 1% northerners are deemed fit to qualify by using a shoddy process of selection.
Guy SHUT UP ALREADY...stop spewing BUNKUM
now, say after me MERIT!
say it again, MERIT!
one more time, MERIT!
This is not quota system or federal character. If the first class graduates from the north are unable to compete with those from the south, it is not our fault. It means they need to sit up.

12 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
saintkel:
My dear I will blame d yolobars for dis, imagine educated ppl frm d west voting 4 a dullard? Nawa o

It is rather the Igbos who in their primal quest for dominance over other tribes in Nigeria that should apologise for this tragedy of leadership that has befallen Nigeria.

Igbos used GEJ, they dominated his administration, they turned him into the enemy of other tribes, they hijacked the PDP and destroyed the party with their greed and political naivety. Alas, when the chickens came to roost, Igbos could not single handedly marshal the votes to return the honoured gentleman to office.

The history will be written, Igbos should not assume any foolish 'we told you so stance', they are the ones who destroyed the southern political solidarity. In the final analysis, I keep saying this, there is no accord between Yoruba and Fulani, this is a marriage of convenience entered into by people who do not have a sense of history, this marriage will die in due course.

PRESSID is dead!
Next stop, Allocation of 2016 oil blocks.

Una neva chi chum chin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by eazydon(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
I weep for my country. It's never been this bad. No electricity for the past 5 days, fuel scarcity is biting harder still no word, only silence is what we get from Buhari and co. It's as if this man does not even care. I'm not sure this man is the one managing Nigeria's affairs from the look of things. It looks like his government has been hi-jacked

3 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by eazydon(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

It is rather the Igbos in their primal quest for dominance over other tribes in Nigeria that should for this tragedy of leadership that has befallen Nigeria.

Igbos used GEJ, they dominated his administration, they turned him into the enemy of other tribes, they hijacked the PDP and destroyed the party with their greed and political naivety. Alas, when the chickens came to roost, Igbos could not single handedly marshal the votes to return the honoured gentleman to office.

The history will be written, Igbos should not assume any foolish 'we told you so stance', they are the ones who destroyed the southern political solidarity. In the final analysis, I keep saying this, there is no accord between Yoruba and Fulani, this is a marriage of convenience entered into by people who do not have a sense of history, this marriage will die in due course.

PRESSID is dead!

You are a compound bigoted fool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by porka: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:
The question is If president Buhari can continue with PTDF and NITDA scholarship which uses quota system why is there no funds for the pressid scholarship?The fact is some people feel threatened because Pressid does not use Quota System... Too bad

NEPA bill to the rescue.

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
How many people in your locality have enjoyed the scholarship
speedyGonzales:
Great! best president ever! killing anything that could help poor Nigerians!
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
eazydon:

You are a compound bigoted fool

Wallahi tallahi, if I give you e-slap your destiny go reset. angry
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by speedyGonzales: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLUWAFUNMISE:
How many people in your locality have enjoyed the scholarship

I live in UK... But I have met alot student from China and Arab countries in UK, sponsored by their government. Also, one of my cousins is sponsor by Akwa Ibom Govt. to study MSc in Egypt.

the is no doubt that this a policy that should be expanded not stopped... even if the funds permit one person a year... you never no you could change the world or find a cure for cancer!

5 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MacMaster01(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
wow sad sad, hopefully it'll remain a speculation

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by saintkel(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

It is rather the Igbos in their primal quest for dominance over other tribes in Nigeria that should for this tragedy of leadership that has befallen Nigeria.

PRESSID is dead!

As expected, and d igbos didn't destroy Obj and yarauda? Get ready to enjoy ur change, u brought dis on ursef so rape d fruit u've sowed

4 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
The people wey i dey laugh pass na southern yorrober christians wey vote for this man. Especially the ones wey their brother or sister suppose benefit from the Pressid. Una go hear wehn!

Senseless pi.g undecided
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
saintkel:
As expected, and d igbos didn't destroy Obj and yarauda? Get ready to enjoy ur change, u brought dis on ursef so rape d fruit u've sowed

No, Igbos brought this on Nigeria, just like you brought us into a unitary state in 1966 when the coup led by your people Okafor, Ifeajuna, etc destroyed our true federalism.

We are all in it together, you people will pipe down from your high horse and apologize to all Nigerians for your political blunders.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by anangboy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
EazyMoh:

Your ignorance is astounding - even more so not only because its voluntary but because you go to such great length to preserve it. Is the PRESSID scheme by quota system? If as you say that there hasn't been up to 1% of northerners who have been beneficiaries and you blame it on a region or an individual then it clearly means you have no idea what the pressid scheme is and this betrays your lack of any sort of critical thought.

There is an astounding gap between western technologies and whatever we have here. "Internet of things", "smart grid", "smart cities" etc are not very common concepts here but these are things my cousin who is a beneficiary of this scheme is grateful to be involved in first hand. I had to sign up to MIT to try to be abreast in my field of computer & electronics engineering.Imagine the immense value these cutting edge advances in science & engineering can impact in the life of every child with a dream.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose and competitive education is the guiding light.

10 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by saintkel(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

No, Igbos brought this on Nigeria, just like you brought us into a unitary state in 1966 when the coup led by your people Okafor, Ifeajuna, etc destroyed our true federalism.

We are all in it together, you people will pipe down from your high horse and apologize to all Nigerians for your political blunders.
U'll wait till eternity, ode

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
saintkel:
U'll wait till eternity, ode

I forgive you grin wink
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by lumenafrica: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Watch this Hilarious Hotel Fight That took place in Owerri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6cx5uaNya0
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by saintkel(m): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

I forgive you grin wink
I forgive u too
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by psquaret: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Great! best president ever! killing anything that could help poor Nigerians!

bros go back in history its was never met for the poor the rich ppl only have access to the so called scholarship.
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
saintkel:
I forgive u too

Nor be you abuse me, you abuse me I forgive you, you say you forgive me, wetin I do you?
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by Iamoilprince(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
jejemanito:
Thunder fire you! Your father left nyash!

Idiot!

*spits

Balu.... Muntula!
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by speedyGonzales: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
psquaret:

bros go back in history its was never met for the poor the rich ppl only have access to the so called scholarship.

well, my parents had access to it, years back, they were pretty poor back then (dad's grandfather was hunter, farmer, night watchman could on send dad stop in secondary school and the whole time was complaining that he did fail at-least once so he could stop sending him as send another child, so he got scholarship to uni!)! that is confirmed history, which I know... the smart people still get scholarships... i don't know if poor people do too..
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by tabadmus: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
I and three other applicants finished in the same state university benefited from the scholarship (Third Edition).

Ibukun003:
That not perfectly true. Many doesn't connotes All. I know of at least 2 that benefited from my university - a state university. Many more from other federal and state schools.
The only reason there are more of private universities graduate is simply because they have quite a very good number of first class hence the opportunity to apply.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by CyberWolf: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
ghostmist:
Guy SHUT UP ALREADY...stop spewing BUNKUM
now, say after me MERIT!
say it again, MERIT!
one more time, MERIT!
This is not quota system or federal character. If the first class graduates from the north are unable to compete with those from the south, it is not our fault. It means they need to sit up.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by saintkel(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

Nor be you abuse me, you abuse me I forgive you, you say you forgive me, wetin I do you?
U abuse my people d IGBO race
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by MrPresident1: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
saintkel:
U abuse my people d IGBO race

I said the truth.

By the way, are you the Voltron of the Igbo race, defender of the universe?
Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by bonechamberlain(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
CCsurplus007:
The question is If president Buhari can continue with PTDF and NITDA scholarship which uses quota system why is there no funds for the pressid scholarship?The fact is some people feel threatened because Pressid does not use Quota System... Too bad
correct exactly my thoughts.. this four years of buhari is going to be hell for civilized and rational thinking people.

4 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) by bonechamberlain(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
boujaye:
dat is what happen when an uneducated who has no value in education is the head and secondly because 90% of d beneficiaries are southerners.
exactly the beneficiaries are mostly southerners, who is to blame when the north value religion more than education.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Osinbajo With 2Face, Mo Abudu and Laolu Senbanjo In Hollywood. / Photos From Isa Abdulsalami Abubakar's Wedding / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.