Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

A Poor Attitude Africans Show Onto Their Own. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Poor Attitude Africans Show Onto Their Own. (360 Views)

Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" / Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / Tinubu Is A Poor Student Of History For Supporting The North- Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poor Attitude Africans Show Onto Their Own. by rapmike(m): 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
While the world was mourning the destructive disaster (which could have been worse), Reno Omkri, a Twitter Personality took a swipe at Africans who changed their DPs and status in order to publicise the bombing, implying that if it was an African country, there will be not much furore.

Obviously his comments looked out of place that day but considering the Yola bombings of yesterday and the bombings in Kano, he seems to have a strong point, as even Nigerians failed to take it personal and offer their support to those affected. A few of us made comments here and there but it ends there.

I begin to ask myself, is it that Africans lack empathy towards their own? Someone did mention that bombings have been occurring in Nigeria, so we have become used to it. If that's the case, what happened when malls in Nairobi got bombed in Kenya some years back? Was the noise and attention as much as what France received? Were Africans even sympathetic to their plight? (It sounds harsh but to be fair, Kenya is a top tourist destination in Africa and if it was a European country, it would have received much attention).

But it does not end there. Watch the treatment of an outsider (either European or American) and compare them to how Africans are treated in the same situation by their government, then you will begin to see the difference. Even Asians are treated better by Africans compared to fellow Africans. From those who visit to those who come here to 'invest', preferential treatment is given to those folks compared to our very own Africans.

I now begin to wonder why this is so and honestly am baffled to bits. What makes them that special compared to Africans? Are they really that superior that we can offer all the sympathy for them when they face misfortune but have little or none for our own people? Or is it a general wickedness that is peculiar in Africa? Do we just support and show solidarity with them for popularity sake ( make I do like say I sabi the latest) or was this just one of those moves ( Like #SaveOurGirls campaign)?

Whatever it was, we have to face our own quarters and pour ourselves into it. We have issues and threats and even if we did not support France or offer sympathy, it will not in any way affect them. France can cope with its sorrows, let Africa faces hers before it completely destroys us.

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies / Fuel O!!! My Experience At A Fuel Station / List Of 17 Legacies Abubakar Audu Left For The Kogi People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.