Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,193 members, 7,867,458 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? (52287 Views)

Big Money In Small Businesses / What Is The Price Of Small Generator??? / How Nigeria Is Making It Easier For Small Businesses To Get Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Goandie: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2015
cjudy:
receive sense in Jesus name. so if u on the gen, u will sit with it abi? can everyone afford the big gen? you are thinking from your anus i guess so. for all of u shouting the gen is a killer, how many have it killed? and most of u are even smoker. sori 4 dis country. no light, no water, no road, security na zero already. all they do is fighting to remove any ruling governor or senator who is not a.p.c. God will you and will the run the president life the way he runs this country

Bruva ur dumbnes-s nos no bound nd it is @it peak already. I must let u know to go 4 mental check up be4 it is 2 late.
grin guy u foni I swear u, coz I told u d truth am now a zombie lol.
Wen d fume kills sum 1 u know den u will knww dangerous
Exhaust from the generating sets contains carbon monoxide, a dangerous, invisible, odourless and colourless gas. When inhaled, carbon monoxide replaces oxygen in the tissues. The tell–tale signs on the victim are dizziness, nausea, headache, even confusion, symptoms mistakenly attributed to too much alcohol or sun.
Why do you think pple in the vllage live longer than we in the city coz of things like dis, d dangerous fume dis gen produce and we inhale it almost daily nd ur govt is try to protect pples health from dis hazardous gen nd ur programmed mind is apc vs pdp not pples health that is in danger.
Have you ever heard health is wealth be4
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by oluwaahmed: 6:22am On Nov 19, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Whatever happened to just fixing the problem. If there is constant power supply, why would anyone buy a grnerator. Why punish the masses for your inefficiencies. If a generator cabal exists, its the governments responsibility to tackle them without inflicting pain on citizens. 99% of small businesses use these grnerators to survive.

Bros u hav rily made sense. Am surprised sme pple here are praisin him. Am rily surprised, are Nigerian youths rily dat dull? Are we rily stewpid blind followers? Are our leaders even reasonin @ all. Do u knw dt most of dese our leaders av nt felt d plight of common citizens. Fix power, generators will automatically fade into history. Fix refineries, u will not need 2 pay subsidies anymore. Smetyms I wonder if dese leaders are smart.na wa ooo, common sense is lost when one becomes a politician.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 19, 2015
miqos02:
that gen is a killer

“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them. “If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition. “It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it. “We will not relent in our efforts.
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-‘i-pass-my-neighbour’-generators

What is this 1 saying??
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by kodded(m): 6:30am On Nov 19, 2015
Goandie:

grin guy u foni I swear u, coz I told u d truth am now a zombie lol.
Wen d fume kills sum 1 u know den u will now knw how dangerous d gen can be.
Exhaust from the generating sets contains carbon monoxide, a dangerous, invisible, odourless and colourless gas. When inhaled, carbon monoxide replaces oxygen in the tissues. The tell–tale signs on the victim are dizziness, nausea, headache, even confusion, symptoms mistakenly attributed to too much alcohol or sun.

undecided undecided

zombies

so the big generator powered by diesel used by all this rich folks are not dangerous to the environment ?

typical zombie even if buhari rape your wife you will stil find excuse to praise him
'

undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by dexmond: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2015
Let him ban the importation of generators all together, not singling out the poor While the thieving elites buy the big ones. They all cause pollution irrespective of the size.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by cjudy(m): 6:47am On Nov 19, 2015
Gee15:
That is the best move ever ,continue Mr president I support you ,all for the good of the country.
suffering and smilling
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Ayomivic(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2015
YouthsPC0:

Following the decision of the Federal government Under the leadership  General Muhammadu Buhari to restrict foreign exchange many entrepreneurs and small business have continued to see their profits plunge while others have simply suspended or closed business altogether.
To further aggravate the woes of these small business and families across Nigeria the Buhari administration has placed a blanket ban on the sale and importation of small generators otherwise know as "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR"

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators

This source of power has been the live wire of many business such as restaurants, Saloon/ barbing shops,  Small offices , student hostels, corner shops and millions of families across Africa's most populous nation owing to the inability of the government to provide constant power supply to its over 170 million population.

Before riding to power the ruling All progressive congress had promised to generate 5000 MW of electricity yearly which translates into  20,000 MW in 4 years however, six months into their first year In office the power situation appears to be getting worse, compounded by the scarcity  of petrol used to fire up this alternative source of power.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

The question many Nigerians are asking is why will their government choose to ban the only source of power to millions of small businesses and families when it appears clueless as to how to provide the stable electricity it promised before the elections.

The clear lack of policy direction by current government and a great affinity for taking decisions before thinking has ensured that the last six months was littered with policy reversals, somersault and sea of  conflicting information from 

Except our brothers from Aba come to our rescue by  producing these generators  locally these policy might signal the beginning of the end for many entrepreneurs and small businesses 

there were some businesses that were created due to the bad adminisrator of government. We shouldnt have known Gen if electricity was stable and believe me Electricity can not stable if government does not ban the importation of Gens because those that are imported it and those that are selling it would never let Electricity to stable. I know nigeria is so corrupt to that extent. Its good to ban importation of Gen for now while we are stil patronize the one in the market in market for maintime the Electricity would stable
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by dollarathe(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Wicked and clueless government!

Why don't you start producing before the ban?
Mtchewwwww undecided
pls read the news again !!!
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by nikz(f): 6:57am On Nov 19, 2015
The president would have stabilized power before the ban. I don't have or use I pass ma neighbor but what happens to a hustling Nigerian? The govt would have thot abt ds b4 the ban. When will we ever move forward? Fuel scarcity, bad roads, unemployment is on the increase, bomb blast etc. This isn't democracy! #dictatorship.

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by 989900: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2015
Flets:
The advisers of this govt have got it all wrong since May 29th.

We have massive gas flaring in the Niger delta with accompanying environmental degradation

We have many many unfit cars and trucks plying our roads while fouling our air

We have massive deforestation going on around developing cities

But Buhari feels his most important policy is banning the only succor for small businesses in Nigeria even without making a single effort to increase the generation into the national grid.

How does buhari really reason?

The above beats my imagination too!

How many vehicles and 'Mikanos' in Nigeria will pass 'emissions test' anywhere in the world?

How many Nigerians will want to buy 'I pass my neighbour gen' if there is even as little as guaranteed steady 12 hours power supply in the first place?

This is a totally wrong alignment of the cart and the horse.

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by 989900: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2015
Ayomivic:

there were some businesses that were created due to the bad adminisrator of government. We shouldnt have known Gen if electricity was stable and believe me Electricity can not stable if government does not ban the importation of Gens because those that are imported it and those that are selling it would never let Electricity to stable. I know nigeria is so corrupt to that extent. Its good to ban importation of Gen for now while we are stil patronize the one in the market in market for maintime the Electricity would stable

So you think an Emeka bringing in a container of $80 'I pass my neighbour', is more of a threat than some politicians/business monguls bringing in $40,000 Cummins, Mikanos, Marapcos and the like?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 19, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Wicked and clueless government!

Why don't you start producing before the ban?
Mtchewwwww undecided
why would anyone wanna produce a killer gen you ediot...

The Chinese that are producing it, how many of them do you see using it?
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2015
989900:

So you think an Emeka bringing in a container of $80 'I pass my neighbour', is more of a threat than some politicians/business monguls bringing in $40,000 Cummins, Mikanos, Marapcos and the like?
yes
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by kennycalls(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2015
the ban placed on I pass my neighbors is a good ban,IT shows we are bent on making our power possible
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Goandie: 7:16am On Nov 19, 2015
kodded:

undecided undecided

zombies

so the big generator powered by diesel used by all this rich folks are not dangerous to the environment ?

typical zombie even if buhari rape your wife you will stil find excuse to praise him
'

undecided undecided

Lol guy even if dem give you expo for exam hall nd make no invigilator dey around you, you go still fail d exam.
Sowi na ur case
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by starG7(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2015
hardywaltz:
Good
That Gen has killed more people than malaria.

How can fuel and Oil pass throu the same chamber.

The smoke from that Gen (that na matter for another day)
steady light should be the first step pls
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Freeman50(m): 7:36am On Nov 19, 2015
This is not the part of problem we are facing here in Nigeria..... its unlike blocking the source of income for others. Living what we are supposed to do and be doing irrelevant things at a wrong time. if there is constant power..... why are we sticking our necks for getting a generator??

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ipreach: 7:36am On Nov 19, 2015
It is part of the CHANGE they promised us

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by starG7(m): 7:38am On Nov 19, 2015
miqos02:
that gen is a killer

“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them. “If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition. “It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it. “We will not relent in our efforts.
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-‘i-pass-my-neighbour’-generators
I tink the FG should be concerned more on the stady power supply they promised us, if that is achieved it is then that nigerians will support the prohibition for even the big and silent Gen sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by roxell120(m): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2015
WHEN I TOLD PEOPLE THIS ANALOGUE BRAIN OLD BIT CH IS NOT 21ST CENTURY COMPLIANT THEY REFUSED TO LISTEN. WHERE IS THE ALTERNATIVE SOURCE OF POWER.REMEMBERING THE AGONY I PASS TRU EVERY NIGHT COS OF HEAT THESE DAYS MAKES THIS DECISION TERRIBLY PAINFUL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by starG7(m): 7:48am On Nov 19, 2015
ThisMeansWars:

so u now compare out light with theirs ...receive sense angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ransomed: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2015
haywire1:
NICE MOVE, MY NEIGHBOUR DEY ALWAYS DISTURB ME WITH HIS "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR " GEN.. I HOPE THEY START ARRESTING THOSE USING IT SOON STARTING FROM MY NEIGHBOUR, BABA NGOZI NO VEX OOO

#
::-- Government only ban importation of new ones. Those in market will not be affected, people at home using the generator will neither be arrested nor the generator be seized from them. The op just twisted the topic to weep up sentiment in order to insult PMB. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by mbhs139(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2015
hardywaltz:
Good
That Gen has killed more people than malaria.

How can fuel and Oil pass throu the same chamber.

The smoke from that Gen (that na matter for another day)

This is exactly the point, I mean at the bold part. You get sense die!

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by francizy(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2015
pikapizy:
I see most people blinded by sentiments, because you support buhari doesn't mean you should defend him even when you know it's wrong...to all those calling the gen a killer etc... compare those numbers killed by small gen and those killed by accident as result of bad roads (if he really care about our health like he claims; how many roads has buhari improved since he came into power ?)
compare those killed by this gen since 1960 and those killed by boko haram since 2010 (if he really care: how many shelter or homes has he provided for borno victims and how many boko haram has he killed ) compare how many people killed by gen and those killed by Dangote trailers on Nigerian road why hasn't he banned these ? ,compare those killed by gen and those killed by armed robbers yearly ..how will businesses like barbing saloons etc work with big gen in country where fuel is currently 200 and above? student use this gen,small scale biz use it ..if u still defend this banning of gen...then you're a huge disappointment and insult to the human specie..
NB: I don't support any party.

samofson:

It's not the way forward . Diesel fumes are more harmful that petrol fumes. The big gens run on diesel while most IBPMN's run on petrol.

This is clearly window dressing. If this statement about the ban is true then the government has failed to tackle the elephant in the room. The big generator companies.

What should have been done is to regulate the amount of emissions from the big gens, ensure all big gens undergo emission tests and request Gen operators and owners display emission test certificates and seal up or conviscate those that dont meet the standard while concentrating on sorting out our power problem.

The ban may be associated to the high demand on PMS and not necessarily the environment, if that's the case then they should ban Okadas and Keke Napeps. Why must the poor man always be the first to suffer.why must he be punished for the iniquities of the rich who have robbed us of our commonwealth.How much money has been spent on power and yet things are still as bad if not worse .I weep I weep.

When we told them that Buhari is a hater of entrepreneurship/businesses as his (1983/1984 autocratic government) past stat shows, they made us look like liars and enemies of the country. Now it's clear that this man's administration is inclined towards disaster for our economy.

Buhari's style of governance is similar to that of a caretaker in charge of a big building that is about to collapse, but instead of working on the building to avoid the collapse and death of the occupants, he chooses to beautify the garden by uprooting weeds in the garden..

Nigeria is doomed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by lastpage: 8:06am On Nov 19, 2015
tuzle:
dere is no difference btw naija and no mans land. what do u call a country where dere is no unity. how can a divided nation fight against corruption, bokoharam. i dont hate buhari but dis country is headin into disaster if we dont unite and fight together. but i doubt dat is possible because the igbo will remain big PIG headed, the yoruba big mouthed and the hausa will keep to demselve

FIXED!
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by lastpage: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2015
ransomed:
::-- Government only ban importation of new ones. Those in market will not be affected, people at home using the generator will neither be arrested nor the generator be seized from them. The op just twisted the topic to weep whip up sentiment in order to insult PMB. Thanks.

You people and your horrible English sha?
angry angry

Weep: to shed tears

Whip: to turn or stir-up (sentiments)

Synonym: To 'cane' someone

Lastpage!
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by francizy(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2015
ThisMeansWars:

You're the idîot here if you think this is the most important thing for the government to do rather than paying subsidy claims or scrapping out subsidy asap and building more power stations to increase power generation before banning generator importation and usage.

Senseless partisan goats everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2015
starG7:
so u now compare out light with theirs ...receive sense angry
right .. So they don't use generator in China? Receive bigger sense ..
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2015
francizy:

You're the idîot here if you think this is the most important thing for the government to do rather than paying subsidy claims or scrapping out subsidy asap and building more power stations to increase power generation before banning generator importation and usage.

Senseless partisan goats everywhere!
dead brain ...

Government banned I pass my neighbour gen ..not regular gen ..
Mumu..
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by mbhs139(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2015
Ufranklin92:
foolish presido grin

Hmm, in fact, I don't know what to say...

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by opcon(f): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2015
obviously not the government for the masses

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by deedondavi(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2015
Mtcheww... Crazy government .. Why the ban..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make A Huge Success Online With PPD / Coronavirus: List of markets shut down by Lagos State Government / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.