Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? (52088 Views)

Help ! Customer Transferred To Wrong Account (GTB) / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Account. Money Placed On Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Bizzydee(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2017
I mistakenly sent money to a fraudster last night and her number has been switched off ever since

Mynd44 Lalasticlala please help me out, I'm really in deep trouble
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by BlackDBagba: 7:18am On Jan 06, 2017
Go to the bank. They are in a better position to advise you on this. Please hurry before it's late and good luck.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 06, 2017
Yes it is..
Visit your OWN bank, write a complaint letter with the customer care unit and a recall/reversal will be initiated. You can also do this via email.

NOTE: It could take longer if it is interbank.

But to effect a reversal, the wrong beneficiary must give consent for the recall to be made.

But there's no cause for worry, a police report presented to the beneficiary's bank could hasten this.

Please be more cautious next time and good luck.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Bizzydee(m): 7:32am On Jan 06, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Yes it is..
Visit your OWN bank, write a complaint letter with the customer care unit and a recall/reversal will be initiated. You can also do this via email.

But to effect a reversal, the wrong beneficiary must give consent for the recall to be made.

But there's no cause for worry, a police report presented to the beneficiary's bank could hasten this.

oh my God

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by GMBuhari: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2017
You send Olosho money she no gree show? Abi which kain fraudster defraud you wey you no fit explain?

Na you do you

Wrong account is different from fraudster,

bank cannot epp you grin

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Bizzydee(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2017
GMBuhari:
You send Olosho money she no gree show? Abi which kain fraudster defraud you wey you no fit explain?

Na you do you

Wrong account is different from fraudster bank cannot epp you grin
see how funny it is to you? I paid for something and she doesn't want to deliver again thanks for nothing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by tosyne2much(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2017
I don't think it can be done in the negligence of the person you sent the money to. Obviously, your money has entered voice mail bro

12 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Bizzydee(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2017
tosyne2much:
I don't think it can be done in the negligence of the person you sent the money to. Obviously, your money has entered voice mail bro
ya thats what the bank just told me

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by gurunlocker: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2017
I think the op know who he was sending money to, maybe the person only fail to deliver.... So you didn't send to wrong account, you only send to a fraudster.

26 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by tolexy007(m): 11:16am On Jan 06, 2017
grin Fraudster or Olosho grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2017
Caveat Emptor.
In this recession. Imagine that someone mistakenly sent cash into your account this early January grin. Imagine if it was you.
Will you consent to the reversal of the transaction?
So you think God will not catch you ehnnn
You just paid your tithe bro.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Afam4eva(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2017
I think whatsapp has that feature. But i don't think banks do.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by BIGTinfotech: 11:17am On Jan 06, 2017
That's a complicated matter.
Reversal can't be done without the consent of the receiver.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by myners007: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
Your money has entered voice mail. Please learn to be wise

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by SaintzPeter(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
baba.. yu av enter 1 chance..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Funjosh(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Yes it is..

This is serious o. What a long process to go through embarassed
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
In a lay man's voice, Person Wey Dem Chop, Dey Don Chop Am...

Take heart bro
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by mfm04622: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
Bizzydee:
I mistakenly sent money to a fraudster last night and her number has been switched off ever since

You can only get that money back on two conditions.
1) If the person you paid agree with the bank to reverse the money
2) You go to the bank with a court order.

So I suggest you report to the police station to start the process
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by canalily(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
Lets do the experiment with my account number pleaseundecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by fratermathy(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Yes but the bureaucracy behind it is too much and it also depends on whether or not the wrong receiver has withdrawn the money.

Just goto your bank and start from there.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by jayriginal: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Bizzydee:

Tell us the full story joor. How does one mistakenly send money to a fraudster?
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by futurewise11(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Yes it is..

Partially true.

The receiver consent is not needed to do reversal.
The point is most bankers are always against reversal because its an appraisal issue and it affect them negatively. Its highly possible but u need to beg and plead before it can be initiated.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by drpat1: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2017
Funjosh:

This is serious o. What a long process to go through embarassed

I tell you..
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2017
shocked
Go to any police station make a formal complain/petition against the account that defrauded you,including date,time ,purpose and evidence.
The account will be frozen ,they will track the fraudster down with the aid of bvn linkage software to other account the fraudster might have.

Thank me later.

Pls note .u will spend little but na money u go use find money wink
And mind u , u fit turn to accuse too grin

Mr Gominor grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by AntiWailer: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Bizzydee:

Contact the bank.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by omoadeleye(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
damn, people just have the mind to withdrawn other peoples money
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by jayriginal: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Bizzydee:
see how funny it is to you? I paid for something and she doesn't want to deliver again thanks for nothing

We are saying the same thing. It's not a mistake.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Raymysterio(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Inter bank? Forgerrit
Intra bank they cud place a PND on the account if you report on time so the receiver can't have access to the cash. Then with proper investigation, they will recall the transaction.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by djeezy(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Yes it is but your chances are very slim due to the fact that it will involve the two banks. Some complaints have to be made and then an investigation will commence as to decipher the circumstances surrounding the transactions and if it was indeed paid to a wrong account or transfered as the case may be. This investigation usually takes time and before it is concluded there s a possibility that the person may move the money out of the account.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by Neddstark: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
mfm04622:

You can only get that money back on two conditions.
1) If the person you paid agree with the bank to reverse the money
2) You go to the bank with a court order.

So I suggest you report to the police station to start the process

Long process that may not yield anything.
Re: Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? by AntiWailer: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
futurewise11:

Partially true.

The receiver consent is not needed to do reversal.
The point is most bankers are always against reversal because its an appraisal issue and it affect them negatively. Its highly possible but u need to beg and plead before it can be initiated.

It is needed.

They can lien the amount but without the receiver's instruction, they can not touch his account.

What if you already got value for the money and you go to the bank for reversal ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamil Abubakar Helps His Wife, Fatima Dangote Adjust Her Shoes / #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.