Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos (14387 Views)

"Buhari Gave Justice Ademola N500,000 During Certificate Controversy" - Witness / Dino Melaye To Aregbesola: "Pay Your Workers, Buhari Gave You Enough Money" / We Did Not Give Eaglets N20,000, NFF Counters Rumours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by 400billionman: 5:20am On Nov 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by 400billionman: 5:25am On Nov 19, 2015
krendo:
I will not read too much into the amount given to supposed 17year olds. Some of these boys will go on to be world known stars so they will be fine.

But Buhari's decision to amplify the reward of 1983 golden eaglets in the wake of this victory by current U-17 team was very suspicious. But only Buhari and his God knows what he is up to. The kids will be fine no matter what!

Buhari does not support youths. He believes we are kids just like women are servants. But i make bold to say that the Nigerian messiah will be a youth in the age bracket of 35 - 45. Not all these old weary men.

I find the N20k story hard to believe considering how poor some of these boys are and how filled with hope for the future they were after bagging gold.

I weep. cry
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by 400billionman: 5:28am On Nov 19, 2015
demielvis:
Too too bad.
What can 20k do?
Can it buy a correct male shoe or a very correct female handbag?

This is where philanthropists should play their role. Adenuga is trying in Nigeria premier league. What of Dangote, Danjuma, Otedola ?

Their excess money means nothing to the masses.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by zuchyblink(m): 5:37am On Nov 19, 2015
AlPeter:

zuchyblink, I will advise you ask your 4year old niece how sensible any of your posts is before putting them on the net because you have lost the ability to reason straight. #hatredkills,...... And for all the lazy folks that can't spare 3mins to verify a post this is for you....http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/15/buhari-to-host-golden-eaglets-november-29/
ur future is bleak,continue to support this maladjusted,irrational and bigoted gworo chewing president.
A president that doesn't support the youths,who just banned an electric generating set that supports small and medium business which are mostly dominated by the youths.
The youths of this country are the problem with Nigeria,the day they will say ''NO'' to people like Buhari is the day our nation will start having massive turn around and rational development.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by pus96: 5:47am On Nov 19, 2015
Of they claim, they are 50 years. They will get more money, N20k is good for them
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by pus96: 5:50am On Nov 19, 2015
He gave N20000 because obviously some of them were telling lies about their age. Just because they believe they will get money.

So next time, nobody will tell lies.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by rman: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2015
Gentlemen, at that age, in most countries they don't reward 17yr olds with money. Scholarship, a wristwatch etc are common practice.

It is African mentality to give money to high school students for taking part in sports. It is meant to be part of their development. They are not professionals yet.

Are they not U17 again?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Mcbussy(m): 6:44am On Nov 19, 2015
Everybody's complaining, nobody is asking if the claim is true. The source is not trustworthy to me.

I'm sure better sources would av been available if this really happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Ecoplexus: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2015
Here goes our only source of football hope in Nigeria; I doubt we will ever win a FIFA competition again; make we kukuma manage our Super Chickens.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by salam1(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2015
Its a big fat lie, all dis are koming from dose big headed brothers down dere. What do u expect from baby factory products

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by salam1(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2015
zuchyblink:
ur future is bleak,continue to support this maladjusted,irrational and bigoted gworo chewing president.
A president that doesn't support the youths,who just banned an electric generating set that supports small and medium business which are mostly dominated by the youths.
The youths of this country are the problem with Nigeria,the day they will say ''NO'' to people like Buhari is the day our nation will start having massive turn around and rational development.
y r u so blinded by hatred die with ur fury buhari will rule u for 8 yes if he so wishes in sha Allah
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by demielvis: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2015
400billionman:

What of Dangote, Danjuma, Otedola ?
Their excess money means nothing to the masses.
Anybody waiting for those ones should just get ready to wait forever.

PMB should be flogged for that nonsense he did. Not making sense at all!
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 19, 2015
zuchyblink:
Buhari gAve golden eaglets who won the
fifa under-17 world cup for the record 5th
time a miserable 20k why he paid
20,000,000 naira to teach his ministers how
to operate facebook and other social
medias.
Reacting on his facebook page, Abdulazeez
Hussam Hussien said
“This man is not only brainless but wicked
also.
I believe he did this coz most of the players
are from the east and no northern player in
the team”.
Source: www.igberetvnews.com/?p=25690

I already know.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2015
StOla:
This is what the Igbos have reduced themselves to? What a shame!

Victim mentality gone haywire.

D truth is the truth.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2015
obailala:
This victim mentality and persecution complex issue has just graduated to become a very serious mental problem... How such a large number of people from a single race can just completely lose it simultaneously completely beats my imagination. angry

We understand why u won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2015
AlPeter:

zuchyblink, I will advise you ask your 4year old niece how sensible any of your posts is before putting them on the net because you have lost the ability to reason straight. #hatredkills,...... And for all the lazy folks that can't spare 3mins to verify a post this is for you....http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/15/buhari-to-host-golden-eaglets-november-29/

thanks. was just about to search for that link and post it.

and we wonder why they say the youths of this nation are absolutely unfit to lead.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2015
400billionman:

Buhari does not support youths. He believes we are kids just like women are servants. But i make bold to say that the Nigerian messiah will be a youth in the age bracket of 35 - 45. Not all these old weary men.

I find the N20k story hard to believe considering how poor some of these boys are and how filled with hope for the future they were after bagging gold.

I weep. cry

cry me am ocean then.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2015
Igbos, if it isn't inferiority complex claiming to be Jews it will be persecution complex claiming everybody hates them and wants them dead.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2015
INFINIX HOT2 for sale. Android 5.1.1, with 2gb ram and 16gb ROM. it is just 2 weeks old with complete accessories and receipt from Slot. N15,000. contact me on 07082137342.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by omenka(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2015
obailala:
This victim mentality and persecution complex issue has just graduated to become a very serious mental problem... How such a large number of people from a single race can just completely lose it simultaneously completely beats my imagination. angry
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2015
Beremx:
Only. 20k? That's too bad!
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Gbawe: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2015
They are meeting Buhari formally at the end of the month to receive their substantive reward for doing their nation proud. The N20,000k story is likely just the fabrication of a mischief-maker who knows it is very easy to wind Nigerians up.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Beremx(f): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2015
Gbawe:
They are meeting Buhari formally at the end of the month to receive their substantive reward for doing their nation proud. The N20,000k story is likely just the fabrication of a mischief-maker who knows it is very easy to wind Nigerians up.
I just hope It's true what you said. Because this is unbelievable to the ears.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by maestroferddi: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2015
Beremx:
Only. 20k? That's too bad!
What is that supposed to mean?

People like you that sang the praises of Buhari have gone mute as the economy under Buhari's watch is grinding to a halt with unprecedented job losses.

You guys should cover your heads in shame...Propaganda, manipulation and blatant falsehood are on trial.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by dandollaz: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2015
StOla:
This is what the Igbos have reduced themselves to? What a shame!

Victim mentality gone haywire.
proud of 5%:p
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by zuchyblink(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2015
as confirmed by......

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by shizzy7(f): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2015
zuchyblink:
Alpeter countered your deceptive post with a link. This is the reply you can give. I am sure you didn't even read the link.

People like you are the problems of this country manipulating and twisting information to satisfy your hatred.
I will get back to you on the 29th of November.
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by eepa: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2015
Nigerians make everything about tribalism.that is why we are not growing as a nation.we read new paper headlines and make assertions.The boys ar schedule to be back in Abuja on the 28th of this month.Why don't you wait till then before running about posting uncoordinated statements
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Gbawe: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2015
Beremx:
I just hope It's true what you said. Because this is unbelievable to the ears.

This puts the issue to bed in my opinion. Berem you should know some people will automatically believe and say the worst about Buhari. Especially those clannishly devoted to GEJ/PDP and the ethnic jingoist who hate Buhari because of his ethnic origin. Those sort will never give the man a chance.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/15/buhari-to-host-golden-eaglets-november-29/

Buhari to host Golden Eaglets November 29
By Ifreke Inyang on November 15, 2015@dailypostngr

President Muhammadu Buhari will host members of the victorious U-17 side, who retained the FIFA U-17 World Cup title in Chile, on November 29 at the Aso Rock Villa.

A key member of the squad, told CompleteSports that NFF officials have informed them about the event, where Buhari is expected to reward the Golden Eaglets.

“We have been informed that the President will host us on the last Sunday of this month (November 29),” he said.

“We are eagerly waiting to know what we will get for doing the nation proud in Chile.

“It will be a great honour to wine and dine with him and we also hope to go home happy at the end of the day.”
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by zuchyblink(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2015
shizzy7:
Alpeter countered your deceptive post with a link. This is the reply you can give. I am sure you didn't even read the link.

People like you are the problems of this country manipulating and twisting information to satisfy your hatred.
and i have mine to counter the link

Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Beremx(f): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2015
Gbawe:

This puts the issue to bed in my opinion. Berem you should know some people will automatically believe and say the worst about Buhari. Especially those clannishly devoted to GEJ/PDP and the ethnic jingoist who hate Buhari because of his ethnic origin. Those sort will never give the man a chance.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/15/buhari-to-host-golden-eaglets-november-29/

Thanks for this. cool
Re: Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos by Gbawe: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2015
shizzy7:

Indeed. Disgusting really. Even worse is that these people who hate Buhari rabidly, when he may now turn out to be the saviour of Nigeria, are the most virulently zealous supporters of GEJ who was on course to destroy Nigeria totally !!! As if Nigeria does not have enough problems, we must battle enemies within also. Tragic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Receives Chieftaincy Title In Imo State - Pictures / FG Redeploys 99 Directors To Five New Ministries / Ikpeazu May Drop Abia Airport Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.