Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest (731 Views)

It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by todayng: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive for the arrest and trial of public servants and military officers indicted by the presidential panel probing the purchase of arms and ammunition worth N1.112 trillion has thrown fear and panic into former service chiefs who served in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
According to informed security sources, the response made by the embattled ex-national security adviser, Col Sambo Dasuki (retd), to the order has also compounded their problem as Dasuki gave away some of their names as witnesses to prove his innocence.
According to a security source, the response made by Dasuki may have pushed them into a dilemma as they are awaiting what befall them as events unfold.
“I can confirm it on good authority that the ex-service chiefs have been calling some top military officers, trying to find out the level of their involvement in the committee’s findings, and most have reached out to the current NSA, pleading to return some of the alleged missing funds to avoid the president’s sledge hammer as well as prosecution.
“I am aware that some of these former (service) chiefs are away from the country for now. Shortly after their retirements, they relocated abroad at least to rest but what is happening now must have thrown them into a panic because they know deep down in their hearts that the performance of our troops under their watch was unacceptable to the Commander-in-Chief (Buhari) right from the electioneering days. I was shocked at reading the statement issued by Dasuki and that has pitched them against the president,” the source said.
“Whoever is indicted by the panel among them, or whose name was mentioned in Dasuki’s response, would be in a dilemma now, whether to clear himself or keep silent until he is summoned.”
Speaking in the same vein, another top military officer said, “The on-going probe may consume those who played one role or the other in all the contracts awarded. I am aware all the contracts for the purchase of the arms and other equipment got the approval of former President Goodluck Jonathan but they were all handled by the Office of the National Security Adviser. Whatever happens in the court will show whether due process was followed or not on Dasuki’s watch.”
Read more..
https://www.today.ng/news/national/40188/fear-grips-ex-military-chiefs-over-buharis-order-for-dasukis-arrest
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by ify2016: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2015
All perpetrators be brought to book. It's too annoying how some unscrupulous hands have buried this country alive. Fear indeed.
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by PassingShot(m): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Surely they will be brought to justice
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by braine(m): 8:58am On Nov 19, 2015
grin
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by Cyberfavour(m): 8:58am On Nov 19, 2015
End time arrest
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by GudluckIBB(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2015
Gej can't sleep these days, he will be blaming himself for ever becoming a president because his name will always be in the burner

Its a pity he surrounded himself with corroupt people.

He compounded the whole issue when he said stealing is not corruption. That statement opened the door of looting with impunity to politicians and people that worked under Gej

What a cleless man!
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 19, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Gej can't sleep these days, he will be blaming himself for ever becoming a president because his name will always be in the burner

Its a pity he surrounded himself with corroupt people.

He compounded the whole issue when he said stealing is not corruption. That statement opened the door of looting with impunity to politicians and people that worked under Gej

What a cleless man!
Now that you can't spell clueless correctly, I wonder who is more clueless between you and GEJ. Stop hating that man. He is somewhere resting his ass not minding this present cankerworms
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by rottennaija(m): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Its a pity he surrounded himself with corrupt people.

What a cleless man!

GEJ may have approved all this contract, but those military men were playing on his ignorance on most things. Infact, most of those public servant were playing on GEJ's ignorant on purchases and arms procurement. This is Nigeria, where almost 80% think of the getting rich quick by any means possible.

Something that is worth 10k, they will write 100k. I am not surprise by all this revelation. I know it is true because I have seen it happen on a small scale. That is why I like PMB, he understand the system and how it works and certainly know how the steal and inflate cost of things.

Someone once told me that in the Civil Service, for you to see money, you have to be creative and I asked how? He said write things, inflate prices. I just tire for the system.
Re: Fear Grips Ex-military Chiefs Over Buhari’s Order For Dasuki’s Arrest by GudluckIBB(m): 9:24am On Nov 19, 2015
rottennaija:

GEJ may have approved all this contract, but those military men were playing on his ignorance on most things. Infact, most of those public servant were playing on GEJ's ignorant on purchases and arms procurement. This is Nigeria, where almost 80% think of the getting rich quick by any means possible.

Someone once told me that in the Civil Service, for you to see money, you have to be creative and I asked how? He said write things, inflate prices. I just tire for the system.

I agree with you that he might be ignorant in all of these, but don't also forget that these same people took advantage of his ignorance and support for corruption.

If it took Gej over 6 months to sack stella Odua even with all the evidence, then you can imagine the message he has passed accross to others.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Fika Village, Kills 7 / Jonathan Had Warned Us / Buhari Must Seek Second Term- Senator Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.