Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria (26457 Views)

God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way / My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
230k in Access Bank
That's quite good for bachelors.... No wonder most of my friends wan kill themselves on top banking job grin
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
maximunimpact:

Even if you study electrical engineering or physics it does not matter. its 2.1 and upper credit that counts
So you mean all staffs in a bank av 2.1?
Nothing is impossible with influence.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
bioduneberry:

Depends on each bank, I know one that pays graduate trainees 246k (after tax) monthly take home.
That's cool
Can 2.2 get a job in a bank.. Let's assume influence is involved.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

That's quite good for bachelors.... No wonder most of my friends wan kill themselves on top banking job grin
Even me sef want am. Diamond bank pays highest with 250k
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

That's cool
2.2 is allowed in Gtbank. Pay for Graduate trainee is about 209k. Diamond bank accepts a 2.2, I know this because I know of someone that works there with a 2.2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
2.2 is allowed in Gtbank. Pay for Graduate trainee is about 209k. Diamond bank accepts a 2.2, I know this because I know of someone that works there with a 2.2.
It's OK then.
But av heard people complain abt banking job.. That it's kind of some sort of slavery. How true is that?
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

It's OK then.
But av heard people complain abt banking job.. That it's kind of some sort of slavery. How true is that?
Would you call earning over 200k slavery? Though you work on weekends sha but you can easily quit if there's no bond involved. Besides, the slavery is commonly ascribed to contract staff who earn in the range of 60-80k.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
It's OK then.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
Even me sef want am. Diamond bank pays highest with 250k
It's OK then.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
Would you call earning over 200k slavery? Though you work on weekends sha but you can easily quit if there's no bond involved. Besides, the slavery is commonly ascribed to contract staff who earn in the range of 60-80k.
It all depends on what is involved.... Slavery is a relative term. Working on weekends? That's awkward to some degree.
Pls what do you mean by bonds??
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
Though you work on weekends sha but you can easily quit if there's no bond involved..

Please can you educate me on this BOND aspect? What does it entail?
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

It all depends on what is involved.... Slavery is a relative term. Working on weekends? That's awkward to some degree.
Pls what do you mean by bonds??
I'm not a banker, but I'm surronded by bankers. A bond is a contract or an agreement between the employee(you) and the employer(Bank) that the employee will not resign for a particular amount of time after resumption usually two years. If the employee resigns before the stated amount of years, then he or she will pay a particular amount of money usually around 2 or 3 million naira.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Please can you educate me on this BOND aspect? What does it entail?
Sorry, please read my previous comment
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
I'm not a banker, but I'm surronded by bankers. A bond is a contract or an agreement between the employee(you) and the employer(Bank) that the employee will not resign for a particular amount of time after resumption usually two years. If the employee resigns before the stated amount of years, then he or she will pay a particular amount of money usually around 2 or 3 million naira.

Ooop! thanks for this..
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
Insightful there... That's a bait, I mean the bond part. Don't av plan to spend two years there o. My dream can't wait for two years.
BTW.. Thanks bro. God bless
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

Insightful there... That's a bait, I mean the bond part. Don't av plan to spend two years there o. My dream can't wait for two years.
BTW.. Thanks bro. God bless
You're welcome but I'm a sister wink
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Ooop! thanks for this..
You're welcome dear
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emeka71(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
Banks don't pay peanuts. Minimum of 200k for entry level.
Forget about banking job; unreasonable job.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
You're welcome but I'm a sister wink
Oh pardon me pretty diva... Biko.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
abayomi93:
Chai! So (2:2)second class lower no fit get work for bank? God go help us oh. Anyways,I believe in diversity of knowledge.If I can't get a job,I would create one by my self.

Not all banks, bro. Stanbic takes 2:2.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by bioduneberry(m): 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

That's cool

Some banks like GTB, Stanbic and Diamond require minimum of 2:2 unlike others that want 2:1 for graduate trainee position.

Most 2:2 grads are outsourced on contract basis.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

Oh pardon me pretty diva... Biko.
It's cool
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
It's cool
Hope you had a good day? Can see that you are always active on the health section... You are on the field I guess?
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
#AccessBank
Emmaesty:
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Well,all i can say is...get in first and decide hw long u wanna continue .
Peepz feel u dont want dem to come in and flex wen u try to discourage dem.
Check the time of this post;i typed it in a bus going home.

Get in and see for yourself...my two cents
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
homirefacuny:

Hope you had a good day? Can see that you are always active on the health section... You are on the field I guess?
Health?? ? I can't remember the last time I went there. It's strange tho
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:

Awwwwn. ... I pray you find a better place. Probably KPMG or Unilever or somewhere
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Amen
Thanks dear smiley
Emmaesty:
Awwwwn. ... I pray you find a better place. Probably KPMG or Unilever or somewhere
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Emmaesty:
Health?? ? I can't remember the last time I went there. It's strange tho
Yeah it might be some malfunction of nairaland programmers. Anyway.....it's nice to av a conversation with you. Wouldn't mind if I can be a friend.
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by emmacush(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
After employing u, u will be shot by armed robbers, indeed end time job
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by homirefacuny(m): 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:

Just coming from work?? I just must own my business. That's all
Re: How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:32am On Nov 20, 2015
cheesy

Working on exiting soon smiley
homirefacuny:

Just coming from work?? I just must own my business. That's all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Extends 2017 N-Power Application | N-Power Device Delivery To Commence / My 1 Year Experience With Fortunate Step Resources Makurdi / Replacement In The Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.