Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances (1150 Views)

Magu: Senate Plans Fresh Showdown With Presidency / Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / 2016 Budget Row: NASS Softpedals, Reaches Truce With Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by CCsurplus007(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
THEY were branded ‘heroes of our time’ after conquering the rest of the world to win Nigeria’s fifth FIFA U-17 World Cup title last week in Chile.
The Presidency and Nigerians from all walks of life applauded the boys for “the exemplary zeal, determination, commitment, hard work, patriotism and soccer artistry” they displayed throughout the tournament.Nigeria becoming the first country to win the title for a fifth time was the biggest story of the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015.But a few days after, the players are unhappy, lamenting what they called ‘deliberate attempt’ on the part of the Federal Government to turn their moment of joy to sorrow.

Unlike in the past, when such victorious teams were accorded the best reception, including cash rewards, players of the Golden Eaglets were allegedly handed a paltry N20,000 each, as they were disbanded in Abuja last Thursday. The money, according to the players, could not even fetch them flight tickets to take them home to see their loved ones.Now, the players are beginning to speak out their mind, pointing accusing fingers at the Presidency.“I was told the Presidency is yet to approve the budget submitted by the NFF for our participation in the World Cup and that is not good enough, one of the players, a striker, told The Guardian yesterday, pleading anonymity. “As I speak with you, we are yet to get our winning bonuses for some of the matches we played in Chile. The NFF is telling us not to speak with anybody concerning it (the non-payment), but for how long?” he asked.

Another player, a midfielder, who also spoke with The Guardian yesterday said: “The fact that we are young players does not mean that we don’t need money. Since we returned from Chile, it is expected that we show some appreciation to some of our friends and relations, who prayed for our success in the World Cup. We couldn’t buy gift from Chile because the money was not there.Our Senators and House of Representatives members should come to our aid. We don’t even know if President Muhammadu Buhari will host us or not.But they should make money available for our camp allowances and winning bonuses.”No official of the NFF and the National Sports Commission was willing to speak on the issue yesterday.

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/golden-eagletscup-allowances/

Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by Sahmmuehl(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
I know what GEJ's admin would have done

1 Like

Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by timidot(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pele it is d change u asked for... Mayb u didn't vote cos of ur age.... Under17... Pele lolzzz grin grin cheesy.. Dey taught dey will hv houses to like Dem Kelechi.. Eeya dis chanji era nothing like dat... I love gej
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by vkeydon(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
buhari is a legend i like dis man grin
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
lemme console myself with the hope that there's something cooking up for them at the presidency level...
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by 4reala(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Na wa o, abi na ages he go take fo dis our "change govt" to settle dis boyz ney Abeg mak govt no dampen dis boyz morale jor
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by nnachukz(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buhari will be like; Kai my fiful, zeris kwarupzan in your camp.
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by Bobbystanley(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
The zoo is not worth serving.

I'm sorry my Biafran stars.
The land of milk and honey is on it's way.
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by neolboy(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Have they forgotten that Naija is broke?
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by MathsChic(f): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Even supposedly young players are already letting greed get the better of them. undecided
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by Eziachi: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
Did they played for the presidency or the NFF?
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by Anticabal: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Biafran eaglets.
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by naijapips02: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
lalasticlala over here. We must not let these boys down. This is pure wickedness. angry
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by jamace(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmn. Naija! sad sad
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by Hiploko(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dharniel:
lemme console myself with the hope that there's something cooking up for them at the presidency level...
APC will only cook when PDP hijacks this. Confused scammers
Re: Golden Eaglets Angry With Presidency Over Non-payment Of World Cup Allowances by CCsurplus007(m): 7:20am On Nov 20, 2015
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Yoruba Consultative Group Warns Yorubas Against Visiting South-east / Why Are Nigerians Just So Shamelessly Unpatriotic? / Dasuki's Reaction When Senator Ted Cruz Raised $45 Million For Campaign(photo)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.