Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet (3708 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland / Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

That's the difference between u and winner, the dude hates arguing with anyone.... He just want to post anything and everyone must accept of leave the religious section for him.

winner01 is a great guy and is very smart . His point all these while is why should the atheist be obsessed with a non existent entity and is filed with some much hate for this non existent entity and anger against the adherents of his teachings as written in the bible . Not only that , the Religion section was meant for the religious people to share and grow in faith of their respective religions but the atheists are everywhere disturbing the peace of this section . He and I just can't fathom why someone should give so much attention to something that does not exist .

Its really simple though.... no need to cogitate about , no not one bit

1 Like

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by UyiIredia(m): 4:37am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Let's tell ourselves the naked truth . Who is the true enemy and why is that the lifestyle that illuminates the dark gets attacked the most ? Is it truly cowardice or the obvious ?

Lets hear it from johnydon22 , plaetton , menshah , hahn , CoolUsername , dektron , davien , djdoxxx , frank317 , dalaman , Teempakguy , winner01 , UyiIredia , OLAADEGBU , Jeromejnr , malvisguy212

Leave Richard Dawkins, he is precisely the sort of rich fool Jesus foresaw, the kind that a millstone must be hung around his neck for putting the destiny of kids at risk. His destiny has been sealed years back. Na confirmation I just dey see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by frank317: 5:38am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

winner01 is a great guy and is very smart . His point all these while is why should the atheist be obsessed with a non existent entity and is filed with some much hate for this non existent entity and anger against the adherents of his teachings as written in the bible . Not only that , the Religion section was meant for the religious people to share and grow in faith of their respective religions but the atheists are everywhere disturbing the peace of this section . He and I just can't fathom why someone should give so much attention to something that does not exist .

Its really simple though.... no need to cogitate about , no not one bit

Ebuka.... Seriously, I think u are a smart guy, but this is my problem with religion. It automatically turns smart educated people like doctors, lawyers, engineers etc into dunce. Your thinking is just once sided once u are religious.
Again when u see yourself as a victim, u can't help but see things from victim perspective. Imagine u opening a thread just to cry that u have been bashed enough, other religion should be bashed too? What sort of thing is that?

"...atheists obsessed with nonexistent entity?" You guys never learn do u? Really? Is this what u actually think this is all about? Seriously? As smart as u are? Perhaps this is some sort of joke right?

I sometimes wonder how someone can be this hard headed, shows of so much ignorance proudly in public.

Bro, God might no exist but PEOPLE worship it. People! Not nonexistent beings, PEOPLE!!! look around you, the world is being influenced by this Nonexistent being and if you are outside this circle you can't help but try to let them know that this is not real.

The worst part is this nonexistent being absolutely does nothing for them, just gives them a sense of well being and leaves the rest of their lives delusioned.

I saw I post on Facebook where someone posted a pix of a woman with no legs and said "type amen if you are grateful for having legs" and without thinking everyone started saying "Thank God." Imagine if that woman was your mum. People forget she is actually human like them with no legs... She has emotions and God did not give her legs.

This is the kind of thinking that brings us here day and night. Its a human thing, this is an avenue we can sensitize the few that cares to listen how faulty we think their thinking is.

Tell your 'smart' winner that he takes this too far, over repeatting the same statement and calling people's family is uncalled for. We all have very big lives out of here. We work, take care of our loved ones and involve in different activities, this is just a forum we love showing people how false their thinking is. Nairaland is just minute compared to our daily lives. Some of us have sick parents, late parents, sweet loved ones to care for, why call our family just because we are arguing?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Christianity is not a religion . Drug addicts , perverted minds , teens who have Ephebophilia , armed robbers , womanizers , the nymphomaniacs , indecency movies addict , alcoholics , the depressed , the sick , the oppressed , the failure , the suicidal , the mentally deranged , the indigent ones , the depraved minds etc have been helped by Jesus .

Who has atheism helped ?
u re a freaking liar..

u mean ur aforementioned has gone to extinction, or ur Jewish story book recorded it?..

atheism has help me in particular move from fictions to facts. from illusion to reality..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by plaetton: 7:16am On Nov 20, 2015
frank317:
OK, I read the op and all i see is... "Please, you guys are attacking us a lot. Attack Muslims a little na?"

It makes no sense. There is every reason to attack Christians more than Muslims. Here they are...

1.Chiristians are dumb, but Muslims are way beyond dumb. Their foolishness is higher than mount Everest. You might actually strangle urself arguing with a Muslim.

2. Christians too show their self. They are everywhere, in the car, on TV, radion, on the street, in the market, at the office... Making noise and disturbing everyone's peace. They even knock on u door and disturb u during night vigil and church hours. Muslims mind their business. If you forget them, they forget you. Christians will always brother u.

3. Christianity is more hypocritical and deceitful. Easy for people to use it to hurt others and still feel good and righteous. Islam is plainly dumb.... People who are into it know they are dumb but chose to be dumb.Christians dont know they are dumb, they live by any nonsense they believe in. "I am rich," them they start deceiving themselves, lying to themselves that they are rich. Anyone who can lie to himself can do anything.

4.lastly most atheist used to subscribe to Christianity... They will only argue what they used to know. They naturally care less about islam or other religion which they already never subscribed to even as Christians.

Thank you jare.

I have both Christian and Muslim friends.

For many many years, none of my Muslim friends have ever preached to me, asked me to come their mosque, or tried to convert me.
Rather , on few occasions when I asked about one or two aspects of their religion, they would take their time and explain to me.
I noticed that they always started with the words " as a Muslim, I believe so and so".
And I respect that about them.

My Christian friends, on the hand, do not know the difference between opinions, beliefs and facts.

They are bellicose, ignorant, more superstitious than my ancestors.

They are hypocrites, moral schizophrenics who know very little about their religion.
They do not read their bibles except the part that serve their selfish interests.

I think it's a fraud religion that caters to the Basest of human characters.

Islam is a religion.
Christianity is packaged stupidity.

And to show all how stuuuupid religion is, malvisguy212 and kingebukasblog would be quick to justify numerous acts if terror and genocide committed against other people and supposedly sanctioned and commanded by Yahweh in the bible.

But these same half-thinking mo.rons want us to join them to condemn Islam because a few Muslim madmen also supposedly heeded the call of their own invisible skydaddy to commit acts of terror against unbelievers.

What hypocrisy!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by winner01(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2015
frank317:

"...atheists obsessed with nonexistent entity?" You guys never learn do u? Really? Is this what u actually think this is all about? Seriously? As smart as u are? Perhaps this is some sort of joke right?
No its not a joke, but its unthinkable why one can be so concerned with religion when he thinks of it to be nonsense.
frank317:

Bro, God might no exist but PEOPLE worship it. People! Not nonexistent beings, PEOPLE!!! look around you, the world is being influenced by this Nonexistent being and if you are outside this circle you can't help but try to let them know that this is not real.
I believe Someone was responsible for the existence of these PEOPLE. That Person is most definately NOT HUMAN and does not owe anyone any explanation neither should He be governed within the confines of His Creation. How many times have you tried to explain to a software that you created it. Would you turn yourself to a software to prove that you created itundecided?
Its only rational that i will never believe that the PEOPLE you speak of, sprang into existence from nothing.
frank317:

The worst part is this nonexistent being absolutely does nothing for them, just gives them a sense of well being and leaves the rest of their lives delusioned.
This is exactly the reason i call you a god-hater.
Look what you typed; The worst part is this non existent being does nothing for them. I thought you were more concerned with the belief rather than the Beingundecided
Apart from that, what of those he has done things for??
frank317:

I saw I post on Facebook where someone posted a pix of a woman with no legs and said "type amen if you are grateful for having legs" and without thinking everyone started saying "Thank God." Imagine if that woman was your mum. People forget she is actually human like them with no legs... She has emotions and God did not give her legs.
The disciples of Jesus were concerned about this same situation when they saw a man born with a disability and they questioned Jesus on this Issue.
Jesus simply replied ;Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in Him

The thing is that people need to stand in the gap, but with increasing immorality and godlessness in todays society, we have started seeing some things as impossible.
If such things are impossible, then mans existence should be a chief impossibility.
frank317:

This is the kind of thinking that brings us here day and night. Its a human thing, this is an avenue we can sensitize the few that cares to listen how faulty we think their thinking is.
Have you tried to pause and see some sense in their thinking?
Well, your being here day and night makes you look uncontrollable, thats why i keep saying you should try to control yourself. Its graduated into obsession. And the more you call it a non-existent idea, the more your obsession seems unreasonable.
frank317:

Tell your 'smart' winner that he takes this too far, over repeatting the same statement and calling people's family is uncalled for. We all have very big lives out of here. We work, take care of our loved ones and involve in different activities, this is just a forum we love showing people how false their thinking is. Nairaland is just minute compared to our daily lives. Some of us have sick parents, late parents, sweet loved ones to care for, why call our family just because we are arguing?
I dont think ive ever insulted anyones parents or family, you misconcieve my message and thats why you hurl insults towards my parents. The rest understand the message. Ill put it in simple terms with the analogy i gave earlier:
Gold is good, if you strike it, I believe your folks will be the first people you will let in on it.

Atheism on the other hand is definately not good and thats why many people in your domain havent even heard about it.

The otherday someone asked johnydon if he stands up to other people in real life compared to the way he swarms christian topics, and thats exactly my point.
I believe its cowardice to express your concern everyday and night only on nairaland, i believe you can influence people in your immediate environment if you really are proud of what you're doing.

Ive had a rational debate with my muslim relatives, cousins and friends and i was able to let some of them see things from a different perspective. I will have the same discussion with my parents if they were muslims before even talking to other people.

So I feel telling you to spend more time influencing people in your immediate environment rather than staying here day and night is not an insult rather its a challenge. Im sorry if you misconceived the message.
Maybe i wouldnt have to repeat myself if you dont do the same things repeatedly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2015
krattoss:
u re a freaking liar..

u mean ur aforementioned has gone to extinction, or ur Jewish story book recorded it?..

ok

atheism has help me in particular move from fictions to facts. from illusion to reality..

what reality ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2015
plaetton:

Islam is a religion.

And to show all how stuuuupid religion is, malvisguy212 and kingebukasblog would be quick to justify numerous acts if terror and genocide committed against other people and supposedly sanctioned and commanded by Yahweh in the bible.

But these same half-thinking mo.rons want us to join them to condemn Islam because a few Muslim madmen also supposedly heeded the call of their own invisible skydaddy to commit acts of terror against unbelievers.

What hypocrisy!

where exactly in the bible did Yahweh sanction terror and genocide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by plaetton: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

where exactly in the bible did Yahweh sanction terror and genocide

Lol.

I guess , just like I said earlier, that you have not been reading your bible.

Just ask your friend malvisguy to show you.

But of course he dare not call them acts of genocide. He would simply say that Yahweh was just punishing them for their sins.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by malvisguy212: 9:35am On Nov 20, 2015
plaetton:

Thank you jare.

I have both Christian and Muslim friends.

For many many years, none of my Muslim friends have ever preached to me, asked me to come their mosque, or tried to convert me.
Rather , on few occasions when I asked about one or two aspects of their religion, they would take their time and explain to me.
I noticed that they always started with the words " as a Muslim, I believe so and so".
And I respect that about them.

My Christian friends, on the hand, do not know the difference between opinions, beliefs and facts.

They are bellicose, ignorant, more superstitious than my ancestors.

They are hypocrites, moral schizophrenics who know very little about their religion.
They do not read their bibles except the part that serve their selfish interests.

I think it's a fraud religion that caters to the Basest of human characters.

Islam is a religion.

What hypocrisy!
bitterness and anger ,this thread may have upset you soo much that you cannot hide your anger. Were you not the one who admits, juju and magic are real and you believe in it, on the other thread ?
Your quote;
"It may shock you that I do believe that
extraordinary things happen. I have seen and experienced a few"
https://www.nairaland.com/2738079/atheists-traditionalists-come/1

You are not force to listen to christians preaching, Jesus say "shake the dust from your feet" you are not force to listen. You called Christianity hypocrite, But Jesus denounced religious hypocrites. So if hypocrisy turns your stomach, you might be Christ-like yourself. People can deeply hurt us, and
if they happen to call themselves Christians it could turn us off Jesus for life.

Real christians think of themselves as having a low view of their own morality because of the past sin they committed prior to their calling.

You might have every reason to hate the person you think God to be, but is that
'God' real? Your anger feels justified. We can understand infinite wisdom, however, no more than a babe understands its mother. What if your
resentment towards God is like that of a desperately sick child who bites his doctor,imagining the caring doctor to be the cause of his torment, rather than his only hope of recovery? What a tragedy if you let the simple fact that you don't have infinite IQ rob you of your greatest source of comfort. No one has been so spurned, so misunderstood, so much hated without cause as God is every
moment of every day by millions of people, each of whom he loves more than we could conceive. No one is
touched as deeply by humanity's anguish as its Creator. No one is as aware of suffering humanity as God is,
and no one loves with the intensity that God loves. And your pain intensifies his pain.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
bitterness and anger ,this thread may have upset you soo much that you cannot hide your anger. Were you not the one who admits, juju and magic are real and you believe in it, on the other thread ?
Your quote;

You are not force to listen to christians preaching, Jesus say "shake the dust from your feet" you are not force to listen. You called Christianity hypocrite, But Jesus denounced religious hypocrites. So if hypocrisy turns your stomach, you might be Christ-like yourself. People can deeply hurt us, and
if they happen to call themselves Christians it could turn us off Jesus for life.

Real christians think of themselves as having a low view of their own morality because of the past sin they committed prior to their calling.

'God' real? Your anger feels justified. We can understand infinite wisdom, however, no more than a babe understands its mother. What if your
resentment towards God is like that of a desperately sick child who bites his doctor,imagining the caring doctor to be the cause of his torment, rather than his only hope of recovery? What a tragedy if you let the simple fact that you don't have infinite IQ rob you of your greatest source of comfort. No one has been so spurned, so misunderstood, so much hated without cause as God is every
moment of every day by millions of people, each of whom he loves more than we could conceive. No one is
touched as deeply by humanity's anguish as its Creator. No one is as aware of suffering humanity as God is,
and no one loves with the intensity that God loves. And your pain intensifies his pain.

Nice one

Plaetton is filled with so much misconceptions and he needs us to show him

1 Like

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by plaetton: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
Your quote;

lol.
This is beyond going full re.tard.

I recognize cognitive dissonance when I see it.

First, comprehension comprehension,
.. and dishonesty.

This is how 1+1+1 = 1 ?

When did extraordinary things translate to juju and magic ?.
See how limited your thinking is ? undecided

I noticed that you made no attempts whatsoever to address the issue presented. I guess it is because they are true.

malvisguy212:

Meaningless babbles

malvisguy212:

resentment towards God is like that of a desperately sick child who bites his doctor,imagining the caring doctor to be the cause of his torment, rather than his only hope of recovery? What a tragedy if you let the simple fact that you don't have infinite IQ rob you of your greatest source of comfort.

Full ret.ard overdrive.

Gosh, I have every reason to hate the person I think Santa Clause is,,,... and other meaningless babbles.

malvisguy212:

No one has been so spurned, so misunderstood, so much hated without cause as God is every
moment of every day by millions of people, each of whom he loves more than we could conceive.

Classic !! cheesy

lol. Poor ol god.
The same god who is said to be unknowable, lives in a spiri spiri world outside of our universe ( according to kingebukasblog) is now the most misunderstood and hated person in the world ? shocked

What a demented brain.
malvisguy212:

No one is touched as deeply by humanity's anguish as its Creator. No one is as aware of suffering humanity as God is,

Lol.
Here we go again with schizophrenia.

Same god who commanded numerous evil and genocides against numerous tribes of human beings, is now the same god that is aware of human suffering and loves same humans with intensity ?

You, my friend, are too fxxxed up in the head.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by malvisguy212: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Nice one

from what I observe, pleatton atheism is different from many atheists here on nairaland, he hate the idea of God existence. He does not want to play by anybody rules. Kind of man who hate being shown his mistake, superior than other.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by plaetton: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Nice one

Lol.

I am actually losing hope in your potential.
It's either you are dishonest or too far gone.
How unfortunate.

If you can read malvisguy212's hodge podge of demented nonsense without seeing through the sheer lunacy therein, then it's either you are dishonest or just dumber than he.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by malvisguy212: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2015
plaetton:

lol.
This is beyond going full re.tard.

I recognize cognitive dissonance when I see it.

First, comprehension comprehension,
.. and dishonesty.

This is how 1+1+1 = 1 ?

When did extraordinary things translate to juju and magic ?.
See how limited your thinking is ? undecided

I noticed that you made no attempts whatsoever to address the issue presented. I guess it is because they are true.

Meaningless babbles

Full ret.ard overdrive.

Gosh, I have every reason to hate the person I think Santa Clause is,,,... and other meaningless babbles.

Classic !! cheesy

lol. Poor ol god.
The same god who is said to be unknowable, lives in a spiri spiri world outside of our universe ( according to kingebukasblog) is now the most misunderstood and hated person in the world ? shocked

What a demented brain.

Lol.
Here we go again with schizophrenia.

Same god who commanded numerous evil and genocides against numerous tribes of human beings, is now the same god that is aware of human suffering and loves same humans with intensity ?

You, my friend, are too fxxxed up in the head.

1 you believe in something extraordinary, what kind of thing is that? When you say extraordinary, does it mean something immaterial?
2.you call it meaningless babbles but you are the one who first raised the issue.

You are not different from the people who God wiped out ,why are you still alive? It is by his grace you are here, until you fill up the measure of your sin.

1 Like

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by menesheh(m): 10:27am On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Let's tell ourselves the naked truth . Who is the true enemy and why is that the lifestyle that illuminates the dark gets attacked the most ? Is it truly cowardice or the obvious ?

Lets hear it from johnydon22 , plaetton , menshah , hahn , CoolUsername , dektron , davien , djdoxxx , frank317 , dalaman , Teempakguy , winner01 , UyiIredia , OLAADEGBU , , Jeromejnr , malvisguy212

If i should asume that the depiction of the picture is really from the said persons, we are fighting both the combatants and the reserved armies. Centuries past, christianity was at its helm of radical fundamentalism. Now is muslem. Next may be Christianity again or any other non-abrahamic religion.

We ain't taking chances this time around. We are fighting all mythologies to extinction..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by plaetton: 11:13am On Nov 20, 2015
menesheh:

If i should asume that the depiction of the picture is really from the said persons, we are fighting both the combatants and the reserved armies. Centuries past, christianity was at its helm of radical fundamentalism. Now is muslem. Next may be Christianity again or any other non-abrahamic religion.

We ain't taking chance this time around. We are fighting all mythologies to extinction..

Exactly.
We are fighting a battle against minds and mindsets, not against labels or whatever religious toga one is wearing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by UyiIredia(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2015
menesheh:

If i should asume that the depiction of the picture is really from the said persons, we are fighting both the combatants and the reserved armies. Centuries past, christianity was at its helm of radical fundamentalism. Now is muslem. Next may be Christianity again or any other non-existemt religion.

We ain't taking chances this time around. We are fighting all mythologies to extinction..

All those mythologies can be made real. First imagine it in your head. Thats a start.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by scarred9jan(m): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Pascal's wager how cowardly and wreaks of dishonesty and greed... You have shown your only reason of believing in a God is because you are afraid of what it might do to you if there turn out to be one after all.

Not because you find it worthy to be believed
Not because it is a proven value
not because it is supposed to be..

But because you need eternal bliss..grin First you have shown us this alleged creator you peddle is BELIEF monger ready to burn people for mere belief and unbelief.. well thats quite a childish, egoistic and chronic narcissism on the part of the alleged creator of the whole universe..

Begging feeble humans for belief or he won't give them eternal bliss.. None of you even imagine how absurd that sounds..

Lastly you believe One God remember there are up to 5,000 in the picture, pick the wrong one you are smoked grin

Candid advice to you sir...

Be honest with yourself on why you really believe in deities... ..

-Because you find it plausible to
-Or you find it an unsure bet for an unsure means to an unsure end (In case it exists so it wouldn't smoke your ass)

Tell yourself the truth..

Done with this thread..Be good

How old are you, young man? I swear your parents must be proud of you. I wish to steal your mind, like seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
so . . . i came late . . . grin

anyway, i don't understand ebuka's point. i mean, most of these atheists were once Christians. they were never even Muslims to begin with. so, attacking Muslims would be quite bizarre because the first question would be, "what do you know about the qu'ran?" and they know next to nothing. but most of these people have actually experienced Christianity in full force. so . . . it's only natural that they criticize it.

secondly, Christians, as much as I'd hate to admit, are actually more thinkers than Muslims. Muslims don't want to hear anything against their qu'ran and they will attack you fiercely if you even insinuate such a thing. obviously, this makes things hard. really, you don't want to argue with a muslim. it's impossible. they are too detached from logic. by this, i mean they are very dumb. I've actually debated Muslims on this forum. they insulted me thoroughly. grin
i couldn't even get them to think at all. in summary, attacking Muslims does not get them to think. it is just a waste of time.

thirdly, Muslims are fairly moderate people. unlike Christians, they actually mind their own business and are usually less hypocritical. a christian will tell you that you're going to hell if you don't believe in their religion. a Muslim just doesn't care. they don't attempt to rationalize their beliefs. they don't claim that their Allah is all good to everyone. granted, they will attack you fiercely if you criticize them, but other than that, they just don't give a damn. so . . . what's OUR problem? grin

1 Like

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by plaetton: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
malvisguy212:

You are not different from the people who God wiped out ,why are you still alive? It is by his grace you are here, until you fill up the measure of your sin.

There you again go again with your schizophrenia.

On previous post , god was overbrimming with intense love for humanity.
Now, You say " people that god wiped out ".

You don't see the schizophrenia ?

Do You know why your god is schizophrenic?

Because you created him in your schizophrenic mind.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by malvisguy212: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
plaetton:

There you again go again with your schizophrenia.

On previous post , god was overbrimming with intense love for humanity.
Now, You say " people that god wiped out ".

You don't see the schizophrenia ?

Do You know why your god is schizophrenic?

Because you created him in your schizophrenic mind.
God's Love required justice, just because God is love doesent mean He will pretend everything is okay when men sin.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by frank317: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
winner01:
No its not a joke, but its unthinkable why one can be so concerned with religion when he thinks of it to be nonsense.
This response is definitely not to me, since I have made it clear that no one is concerned about nonexistent being, but the faulty thinking that goes with it and its effect.

I believe Someone was responsible for the existence of these PEOPLE. That Person is most definately NOT HUMAN and does not owe anyone any explanation neither should He be governed within the confines of His Creation. How many times have you tried to explain to a software that you created it. Would you turn yourself to a software to prove that you created itundecided?
Its only rational that i will never believe that the PEOPLE you speak of, sprang into existence from nothing.

of course I know you believe something is responsible for people's existence. Nice to hear is just a believe to fill in the gap of our existence. But does it end there? No? You go ahead to condemn others who dont share his belief, disturb people's peace, make irrational judgement because of this 'believe'. Now you can arrogantly tell me he owes me no explanation... how did u know this? this is the faulty thinking that makes us here arguing with u.
Are u likening humans to software? the problem with you guys is u contradict yourselves a lot. You claim your God created us free will and gave us brain to think and not want us to act like robots, yet you compare us to inanimate objects and condemn us when we dont act like inanimate objects. would a soft ware that thinks not as his creator why he allows virus to attack it?

This is exactly the reason i call you a god-hater.
Look what you typed; The worst part is this non existent being does nothing for them. I thought you were more concerned with the belief rather than the Beingundecided
Apart from that, what of those he has done things for??
This is clearly a show of lack of comprehension... sorry I cannot help you here. mumu... can u tell me what the so called 'belief' is?
those thing who has done for who? show me one thing your God that you just 'believe' exists has done for anyone.

The disciples of Jesus were concerned about this same situation when they saw a man born with a disability and they questioned Jesus on this Issue.
Jesus simply replied ;Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in Him

The thing is that people need to stand in the gap, but with increasing immorality and godlessness in todays society, we have started seeing some things as impossible.
If such things are impossible, then mans existence should be a chief impossibility.
I am not sure if this address my point... but are you saying its right to give your God thanks upon the misfortune of others? This kind of faulty thinking is why we are here.

Have you tried to pause and see some sense in their thinking?
Well, your being here day and night makes you look uncontrollable, thats why i keep saying you should try to control yourself. Its graduated into obsession. And the more you call it a non-existent idea, the more your obsession seems unreasonable.
Yes I have and i see non.
Well, if thats how you see my presence here... thats your business. thats why I asked you to hug a transformer if you feel bad about it. I also see you are obsessed with your nonexistent being, thats why I try to reason with you on your belief. Not every one will accept your belief so dont expect not to be challenged.

I dont think ive ever insulted anyones parents or family, you misconcieve my message and thats why you hurl insults towards my parents. The rest understand the message. Ill put it in simple terms with the analogy i gave earlier:
Gold is good, if you strike it, I believe your folks will be the first people you will let in on it.

Atheism on the other hand is definately not good and thats why many people in your domain havent even heard about it.

The otherday someone asked johnydon if he stands up to other people in real life compared to the way he swarms christian topics, and thats exactly my point.
I believe its cowardice to express your concern everyday and night only on nairaland, i believe you can influence people in your immediate environment if you really are proud of what you're doing.

Ive had a rational debate with my muslim relatives, cousins and friends and i was able to let some of them see things from a different perspective. I will have the same discussion with my parents if they were muslims before even talking to other people.

So I feel telling you to spend more time influencing people in your immediate environment rather than staying here day and night is not an insult rather its a challenge. Im sorry if you misconceived the message.
Maybe i wouldnt have to repeat myself if you dont do the same things repeatedly.

Like i have told you... you dont know me, you dont know my relationship with my friends and family, its not your business in anyway if i talk to them about what I say here or not. it affects you in no way, just like i don't care if your parents accept your faith or not or if you talk to them. We exchanging ideas here thats all that matters, why take it to family? how does that concern you? Do you know if all my loved ones are dead? do you know anything about my personal relationship with anyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by urahara(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
Christians are quite annoying and always throw their senseless religion in your face everytime and tell you about how you will go tell hell for not being foolish enough to believe in their religion. But Muslims. Even the fanatic ones. Dont even disturb you about their religion. You Christians show up in offices. Schools. Etc saying trash that if u don't believe u will roast in he'll but u get angry when we make comments about your belief.

We are ex converts from christianity. So it is more likely for us to talk about christianity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by urahara(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
‘Scientific belief is based on publicly checkable evidence, religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its joy, shouted from the rooftops.’
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by winner01(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
frank317:

This response is definitely not to me, since I have made it clear that no one is concerned about nonexistent being, but the faulty thinking that goes with it and its effect.
You are too rigid, its ironic you accuse me of the same thing.
Could you just be objective for once undecided.
frank317:

of course I know you believe something is responsible for people's existence. Nice to hear is just a believe to fill in the gap of our existence. But does it end there? No? You go ahead to condemn others who dont share his belief, disturb people's peace, make irrational judgement because of this 'believe'. Now you can arrogantly tell me he owes me no explanation... how did u know this? this is the faulty thinking that makes us here arguing with u[.
Lol I said Someone, not something. Someone with supreme, extraordinary and unthinkable attributes. And its not a belief to fill any gap, i like to take things step by step. We are talking about why man should exist not why christianity is true.
The bolded is why i keep saying you shouldnt be here; Whose peace are we disturbing in a religion sectionundecided?

Select your words carefully before typing, Im not arrogant, your arrogance is why you expect an explanation for the existence of a Creator. You would do well to probe your existence first, maybe you would find something.
Our "Faulty thinking" is not what brings you here, its your faulty reasoning.
frank317:

Are u likening humans to software? the problem with you guys is u contradict yourselves a lot. You claim your God created us free will and gave us brain to think and not want us to act like robots, yet you compare us to inanimate objects and condemn us when we dont act like inanimate objects. would a soft ware that thinks not as his creator why he allows virus to attack it?
Can you slow down and not act like you know everything even though you dont know jackundecided. Im only painting a scenario on why you feel a Creator should appeal to the created senses of His creation. There is a Creator, and i dont think His creation will ever fathom his power and might. Stop trying to create a limited god in your brains. Existence shows that such Creator is limitless.
Its true you have freewill, and thats the only reason you can love unconditionally, otherwise man is just a programmed lover. Freewill does not equate rebellion, you need to think about it.
@ bolded, whatever you meant by that.
frank317:

This is clearly a show of lack of comprehension... sorry I cannot help you here. mumu... can u tell me what the so called 'belief' is?
Lack of comprehension you say. Only you say two things and pick whichever one you want us to think you mean, how oddundecided
You try to make us feel you are faulting only our thinking, belief and indoctrination effects and have nothing with a non existent being. ;
frank317:

but the faulty thinking that goes with it and its effect.
and then a little while, you switch from the idea to the Being.
frank317:

the world is being influenced by this Nonexistent being

I mean, who in the world does thisundecided, You see why i dont take you seriouslyundecided?, maybe you need to read more books, it'll help you in arguments.
frank317:
those thing who has done for who? show me one thing your God that you just 'believe' exists has done for anyone.
You cant expect me to take some questions such as this seriously.
Maybe i should be just like you and ask why we are not in planet mercury where the sun will dry our brains out.
frank317:

I am not sure if this address my point... but are you saying its right to give your God thanks upon the misfortune of others? This kind of faulty thinking is why we are here.
Im saying we should be grateful for a lot more and life especially and try to move closer to God so we can stand in the gap so that the works of God might be made manifest in the lives of such persons.
Ive seen the cripple walk, ive seen a colleague vomit stone at a crusade amongst many others.
Point is; Gods generals stand in the gap, we also can. But definately not with increasing immorality and godlessness.

I for one dont believe in some of those "type amen" or chain christain facebook prayers, its probably just some blogger trying to play on peoples intelligence.
@ bolded, once again, are you here for the "faulty thinking" or the "faulty being". lol
frank317:

Yes I have and i see non.
Well, if thats how you see my presence here... thats your business. thats why I asked you to hug a transformer if you feel bad about it.
Try to control yourself, you would be doing yourself a great deal of good.
frank317:
I also see you are obsessed with your nonexistent being, thats why I try to reason with you on your belief. Not every one will accept your belief so dont expect not to be challenged.
Can you hear yourself, you wanna reason with me on my behalf or on your behalfundecided. I should ask you who sent you.undecided
And how can you say im obsessed, For Christ sakes, I totally believe, love, reverence, acknowledge, worship, praise my Creator.
OF COURSE IM OBSESSED!!! if that would make you sleep well, (but not to a troubling extent) and thats why im in the religion section.
What reason can you possible give for your obsession about this Beingundecided?
@ bolded, ill expect to be challenged if i take my belief to other sections of the forum, and thats why i chose to remain on a section where people who share my belief should be, to avoid unnecessary argument.
You presence here have brought unnecessary and obviously futile arguments.
frank317:
Like i have told you... you dont know me,
Its not like i want to undecided
frank317:

you dont know my relationship with my friends and family,
I guess its love and thats why i expect you to show them the gold atheism youve struck first.
frank317:
its not your business in anyway if i talk to them about what I say here or not.
Look dude, i have better buisnesses, but from what you say here, we can try to decipher what you are going through privately.
frank317:
We exchanging ideas here thats all that matters,
Trauma and frustration might be a reason why you have decided to only exchange your ideas here. You cant expect me to close my eyes to the fact that you need help.
At least your intention is to help me out of "indoctrination". So why cant i offer to help youundecided, You dont have a monopoly of help, do you? grin
frank317:

Do you know if all my loved ones are dead?
I hope not.
frank317:

do you know anything about my personal relationship with anyone?
No, but from your obsession, pain and hate, we can make inferences.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lets hear it from johnydon22 , plaetton , menshah , hahn , CoolUsername , dektron , davien , djdoxxx , frank317 , dalaman , Teempakguy , winner01 , UyiIredia , OLAADEGBU , , Jeromejnr , malvisguy212

The devil is the true enemy. Atheists, Muslims and the Cults happen to be operating by the same spirits that hate Jesus who is the light of the world.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by frank317: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
winner01:
You are too rigid, its ironic you accuse me of the same thing.
Could you just be objective for once undecided.

What? objective? lol... ok

Lol I said Someone, not something. Someone with supreme, extraordinary and unthinkable attributes. And its not a belief to fill any gap, i like to take things step by step. We are talking about why man should exist not why christianity is true.
The bolded is why i keep saying you shouldnt be here; Whose peace are we disturbing in a religion sectionundecided?

Select your words carefully before typing, Im not arrogant, your arrogance is why you expect an explanation for the existence of a Creator. You would do well to probe your existence first, maybe you would find something.
Our "Faulty thinking" is not what brings you here, its your faulty reasoning.
I dont know how the first man came into existent, but i sure recognize a faulty premises if i see one.
my peace? lol... ur world must be revolving only around nairaland.

If expecting explanation for the existence of a creator is arrogant... then i am glad being arrogant.
faulty thinking is when you thank a nonexistent creator because something bad happens to another... whats my faulty reasoning again? or u just love saying things?

Can you slow down and not act like you know everything even though you dont know jackundecided. Im only painting a scenario on why you feel a Creator should appeal to the created senses of His creation. There is a Creator, and i dont think His creation will ever fathom his power and might. Stop trying to create a limited god in your brains. Existence shows that such Creator is limitless.
Its true you have freewill, and thats the only reason you can love unconditionally, otherwise man is just a programmed lover. Freewill does not equate rebellion, you need to think about it.
@ bolded, whatever you meant by that.
all these for a creator that is yet to be proven?

Lack of comprehension you say. Only you say two things and pick whichever one you want us to think you mean, how oddundecided
You try to make us feel you are faulting only our thinking, belief and indoctrination effects and have nothing with a non existent being. ;
go figure

and then a little while, you switch from the idea to the Being.
mumu... so what is the idea? is there even ever a being?

I mean, who in the world does thisundecided, You see why i dont take you seriouslyundecided?, maybe you need to read more books, it'll help you in arguments.
again, your lack of comprehension.... not my fault.

You cant expect me to take some questions such as this seriously.
Maybe i should be just like you and ask why we are not in planet mercury where the sun will dry our brains out.
lol... Yet death on the perfect planet is caused by devil right? so how would i know your wouldnt give excuse for your God if we were in mecury and the sun dries our brains out like the way earthquake and volcanoes are not his fault (thats is if he existsooooo, before u get confused again.)

Im saying we should be grateful for a lot more and life especially and try to move closer to God so we can stand in the gap so that the works of God might be made manifest in the lives of such persons.
Ive seen the cripple walk, ive seen a colleague vomit stone at a crusade amongst many others.
Point is; Gods generals stand in the gap, we also can. But definately not with increasing immorality and godlessness.

I for one dont believe in some of those "type amen" or chain christain facebook prayers, its probably just some blogger trying to play on peoples intelligence.
@ bolded, once again, are you here for the "faulty thinking" or the "faulty being". lol
again, so much for a God that is yet to be proven?
whats the difference, you scream amen when your pastor bans the non existent devil every sunday... lol, if that is not faulty thinking, i wonder what it is.
faulty being? whats that? well that again is you inability to comprehend... not my fault.

Try to control yourself, you would be doing yourself a great deal of good.
Can you hear yourself, you wanna reason with me on my behalf or on your behalfundecided. I should ask you who sent you.undecided
And how can you say im obsessed, For Christ sakes, I totally believe, love, reverence, acknowledge, worship, praise my Creator.
OF COURSE IM OBSESSED!!! if that would make you sleep well, (but not to a troubling extent) and thats why im in the religion section.
What reason can you possible give for your obsession about this Beingundecided?
@ bolded, ill expect to be challenged if i take my belief to other sections of the forum, and thats why i chose to remain on a section where people who share my belief should be, to avoid unnecessary argument.
You presence here have brought unnecessary and obviously futile arguments.
lol... you just hate to be challenged dont you? you just hate it when your belief is questioned... sorry you will not get your wish

Its not like i want to undecided
nice to know

I guess its love and thats why i expect you to show them the gold atheism youve struck first.
stop guessing and expecting, you dont want to know remember (or d u have amnesia)? so let it go.

Look dude, i have better buisnesses, but from what you say here, we can try to decipher what you are going through privately.
again... you have better businessess

Trauma and frustration might be a reason why you have decided to only exchange your ideas here. You cant expect me to close my eyes to the fact that you need help.
At least your intention is to help me out of "indoctrination". So why cant i offer to help youundecided, You dont have a monopoly of help, do you? grin
good.. now u are talking. perhaps we can learn something from each other after all, instead of foolishly asking why i am here.

I hope not.
why?

No, but from your obsession, pain and hate, we can make inferences.

cool if you want it that way... no problem, but i warn you, it might get ugly.
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by Lawyer7(f): 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
Needs a lawyer?,Call 08188861531 or 08150731062(Lagos axis)
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by sonofthunder: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
KingEbukasBlog:

No one is playing the victim's card . I clearly said most attacked .

Oh ... Richard Dawking is the high priest of the god , Void whose other names also include Nothingness , Emptiness .
this guy na ninja atheist slayer... Lmao.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by 4kings: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
Re: I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet by ScienceWatch: 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
johnydon22:
[i]

Pascal's wager how cowardly and wreaks of dishonesty and greed... You have shown your only reason of believing in a God is because you are afraid of what it might do to you if there turn out to be one after all.

Not because you find it worthy to be believed
Not because it is a proven value
not because it is supposed to be..

[b]After all the smoke and mirrors, the real questions that must be asked of Atheists are based on there white paper. What have they got to offer humanity that is better than religion ?

Atheists thrive on fictional, superstitious stories of Dark MAtter and Black Holes while millions suffer on this planet. Their solution to humanities suffering is to introduce distractions of Animal Sex, Anal Sex, Child Sex, Porn, child Prostitution and much much more.

Richard Dawkins the Satanic leader of modern Atheism said to his followers in a poorly attended hall that it was good to know that their mother and father, including their great great great grandmothers were all fish.

Atheists worship one god called NO-god. They have many conflicting teachings and sects like Agnostic and others. Yet they are confused and hate themselves bitterly.

Have you not read what Psychologists have found in connection with the serious flaws in Atheists thinking ?

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defence mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.

DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/deist simply denies reality.............

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/deist..............

REPRESSION: This mechanism entails forcing painful experiences into the sub-conscious......................

SUPPRESSION: Suppression is similar to repression, but with one exception: it is conscious................

DISPLACEMENT: This mechanism has to do with transferring feelings from one deserving object to another undeserving one..............

Religious people dont have these problems, that is why they can experience reality, where Atheists deny it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

to the haters of islam I will just keep smilin @ you from now till the last hour / Breaking News: Gov. El-rufai Bans Christians From Preaching In Kaduna / We Are All Brainwashed, Yes, You Are Too.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.