Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram (721 Views)

Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram / Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by chesterlee(m): 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
By Kingsley Omonobi
Abuja – Chief of Army staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai has waved aside reports that about 105 soldiers prosecuting the war against Boko Haram terrorists met their untimely death when they failed to return in a bid to annihilate the terrorists in the North East.
The media had been awashed with news that about 100 Nigerian soldiers were missing after Boko Haram attacks in the epicenter of the battle.
But General Buratai in a telephone conversation with Vanguard said, “It is not true that our soldiers are missing. The soldiers went on a mission for the Nigerian nation and they have since returned and joined their Battalions”.
The confident Chief of Army Staff said that insinuation is a figment of imagination of the authors of the story.
Media reports had indicated that the Army may have lost about 150 of it

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/nigerian-army-denies-losing-105-officers-to-boko-haram/
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Adaowerri111: 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
I knew that wasn't possible, Nigeria army can never be defenseless....Nigeria is a country where anyone can wake up with a story/report and pass it on to be published, these fake reports are easily published with the tag of anonymity without proper investigation #lazy journalism.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by emamos: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Victory is from God
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Klinee: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
cc: lalasticala
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by chesterlee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buhari's body odour of denying has infiltrated the military.

Nigeria Military is now the weakest in Africa
cc Lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by chesterlee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buratai has done the expected..

I always knew he would come out to deny it, I actually told a friend to expect a denial statement for Buratai.

Nigerian Military is at its weakest point in history!

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by xpac01(m): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Please please, I have been hiding my face here in Canada. Let this really come out to be joke and fallacy...
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by a4jasper(m): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
chesterlee:
Buratai has done the expected..

I always knew he would come out to deny it, I actually told a friend to expect a denial statement for Buratai.

Nigerian Military is at its weakest point in history!
Weakest...Yes!! and who's fault? The index(total number of deaths) u posted was that of 2014 alone. #yeyedesmell
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by chesterlee(m): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
a4jasper:

Weakest...Yes!! and who's fault? The index(total number of deaths) u posted was that of 2014 alone. #yeyedesmell

Mind u Buhari has been in power for Six months

Six whole months...yet he's done nothing to strengthen the military

The lamest move from him was to move the command centre to Bornu state, now Soldiers are now being kidnapped like women
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by illmatic101(m): 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
As usual
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by a4jasper(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
chesterlee:

Mind u Buhari has been in power for Six months

Six whole months...yet he's done nothing to strengthen the military

The lamest move from him was to move the command centre to Bornu state, now Soldiers are now being kidnapped like women
U are talking abt 6 months, how long did it take his predecessors to act?.....if his predecessor actually fortified d military as he claimed why cudnt he make headway?
Mind u am not saying PMB has hit d nail on its head but the fact is moving d command centre to where d problem is doesn't mean moving the entire military apparatus of d nation. A command centre can mean a virtual presence of a necessary directive & tacts.... A US army general won't sit in washington DC & bark out orders to troops in iraq
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by chesterlee(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
a4jasper:

U are talking abt 6 months, how long did it take his predecessors to act?.....if his predecessor actually fortified d military as he claimed why cudnt he make headway?
Mind u am not saying PMB has hit d nail on its head but the fact is moving d command centre to where d problem is doesn't mean moving the entire military apparatus of d nation. A command centre can mean a virtual presence of a necessary directive & tacts.... A US army general won't sit in washington DC & bark out orders to troops in iraq

Indirectly you've admitted to the fact that the military is weak.
Then I ask u this important question: Why didn't Bokoharam attack during the last general election?
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by a4jasper(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2015
chesterlee:

Indirectly you've admitted to the fact that the military is weak.
Then I ask u this important question: Why didn't Bokoharam attack during the last general election?
Hahahahaha..............so out of d numerous days/months/years(6 gud yrs) dat BH ravaged dis country under Gej, kidnappings & even declared a caliphate in a sovereign territory. U only picked a day or two wch d general elections took place & BH dint strike as a milestone?.......#Dis yeye dey really smell now"

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Biafrans Are Better-of Staying In The United Nigeria / Obama Refusing To Be Briefed On Islamic Terrorists / Kogidecides Prince: Auduabubakar Audu Returns As Kogi Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.