Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work (44462 Views)

Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. / Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Truckpusher(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Northern Nigeria should be included in that list.

Employ a typical northern nigerian woman down south and watch her iidiotic husband come to warn and ask you to relieve her of her duties.

I'm a living witness.

Nigeria is a scam.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by thundafire: 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
always muslim nd dy re dy ones commiting worst crimes on their women rubbish people

3 Likes

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by SSkillzzz(m): 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
holyFRED:
In Nigeria,they don't need permission from anybody cos there's no work at all sef grin grin
punch line
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by mike404(m): 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
SAUDI ARABIA NKO
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
SSkillzzz:
punch line
LOL grin grin
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by SSkillzzz(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
thundafire:
always muslim nd dy re dy ones commiting worst crimes on their women rubbish people
may God dash you sense.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by pus22: 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Olamitisoji:
https://mobile.twitter.com/wef/status/664117839087992832

According to World Economic Forum, women from these countries need permission from their husbands to work, i think they are missing a country out
19- Saudi Arabian
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by laporsche40: 12:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Kinglexy10:
Hmmm really nice
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by charlesucheh(m): 12:22am On Nov 20, 2015
ISSORITE...
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by mandax: 12:32am On Nov 20, 2015
Olamitisoji:

According to World Economic Forum, women from these countries need permission from their husbands to work, i think they are missing a country out

The country you believe to be missing is Arewa Sharia Republic that shall soon be carved out of Nigeria.

If Pakistan and Bangladesh did not break away from India, it would be hell fire today in India.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by xtervaganza(m): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2015
It's either an Islamic country or islam dominated country

Woman are no better than a toilet roll in a Muslim country

In Saudi a woman can't drive a car cos they believe their brain is nit mature enough for the wheels

Only a foolish woman will remain in Islam

3 Likes

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by SAMBARRY: 1:12am On Nov 20, 2015
englishmart:
. I think I love that idea
Bush meat.no wonder those UAE women always look like dense women. They just fine for nothing. Remain make them take permission from their husband before They can wear sanitary pads when they're on the periods and the husband will dictate the kind of sanitary pads They Will wear grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by giztzone(m): 1:16am On Nov 20, 2015
wOW I NEVER NEW THINGS LIKE THIS EXIST
vISIT MY SITE AND DROP YOU comment ON MY TWITTER handle or facebook page
http://www.scholars.com.ng
Twitter: #scholarsng
http://facebook.com/scholars.com.ng
What can i do to make this a great platform for you and I
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Olamitisoji:

Lies. This nairaland can deceive people. I have been to one of the countries mention and i dated a lady that work in seaport. Her elder sister took a job even when the husband don't want her to work.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by pus22: 2:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by FisifunKododada: 3:00am On Nov 20, 2015
McBrooklyn:
Two Possibilities Exist: Either We Are Alone In The Universe Or We Are Not. Both Are Equally Terrifying - Arthur C. Clarke

And BTW, What's Up With This Oyinbo And Africa Now . . . Africa This, Africa That angry

cool Stay ON topic, sir. Thank you.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by bezimo(m): 3:02am On Nov 20, 2015
Olamitisoji:

Why are most of the countries Islamic countries. Islam and oppression are so synonymous.

1 Like

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by 400billionman: 3:23am On Nov 20, 2015
holyFRED:
In Nigeria,they don't need permission from anybody cos there's no work at all sef grin grin

Boy O boy.

1 Share

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Adesiji77: 3:29am On Nov 20, 2015
Jcob:

It should be vice verse. Men should also get permission from wives to work all else we should all stay at home to reproduce.

Hilarious
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 20, 2015
Saudi Arabia should have been first on the list
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by timilehing(m): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2015
End time countries
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by toprealman: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2015
saint047:
Naija no dey there
YOU CAN IMAGINE GENNY, RITA, INI ETC ASKING FOR WORK PERMISSION.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by greenbackboogie(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2015
kennynelcon:
They call it submission.

I will tolerate UAE Kuwait, and other arab rich countries, but Cameroon Niger Chad Which kin law be dis.
As strange as it is but Nigeria is bounded by those countries. Are u sure their method won't gradually encroach into Nigeria? BTW the northerns partially practice this.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by nigeriancuban: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2015
holyFRED:
calls bar man in Mr ibu's voice***bar man abeg 7 origin for this broda he is a true son of the soil...
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by nigeriancuban: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2015
SSkillzzz:
may God dash you sense.

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by HaneefahRN(f): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2015
missKiffy:
If you guys notice, majority of the countries are muslim countries, why are this people so backward
Pray tell me what is backward abt a woman seeking her husband's permission b4 taking up a job? Note that it isn't Countries where women aren't allowed to work. If the husband is sufficiently rich enof to take care of all the financial responsibilities and his wife doesn't work, it's no one's biz.
In Islam, a woman has right to financial freedom and security, if she wants to work she is allowed to, and whatever earnings or properties she gains is for her alone, not for her husband nor the family, the husband is seen as the head of the home and also the provider for the home. The financial responsibilities of the home lies on him. These Countries allow women access to education and are allowed to work, as long as the work environment is Halal, I can remember as at 2010-2011 or so, one of the best opthalmlogist in Saudi Arabia is a woman.
Like I said, I dnt see anything backward abt this, but I'm interested in hearing ur view.
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by Fkforyou(m): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2015
HaneefahRN:

Pray tell me what is backward abt a woman seeking her husband's permission b4 taking up a job? Note that it isn't Countries where women aren't allowed to work. If the husband is sufficiently rich enof to take care of all the financial responsibilities and his wife doesn't work, it's no one's biz.
In Islam, a woman has right to financial freedom and security, if she wants to work she is allowed to, and whatever earnings or properties she gains is for her alone, not for her husband nor the family, the husband is seen as the head of the home and also the provider for the home. The financial responsibilities of the home lies on him. These Countries allow women access to education and are allowed to work, as long as the work environment is Halal, I can remember as at 2010-2011 or so, one of the best opthalmlogist in Saudi Arabia is a woman.
Like I said, I dnt see anything backward abt this, but I'm interested in hearing ur view.
Nice....
Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by missKiffy(f): 8:57am On Nov 20, 2015
HaneefahRN:

My own view is that seeking her husbands permission b4 taking a job or before being allowed to work is absurd because this means whatever the husband says is final, irrespective of whether the job will enable her grow career wise. Seeking the husbands permission is a different thing entirely, as opposed to a situation whereby you and your husband can converse, communicate, you know talk about it and come to a reasonable agreement, but in this case the husbands decision stands, irrespective of whether he sought her opinion or not, and he mite even refuse her working for his own selfish reasons.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work by tiredface: 9:01am On Nov 20, 2015
WAITING TO INCLUDE NIGERIA WHEN THE FAKE COUNTRY DISINTEGRATE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Shutdown Shoprite Stores In Nigeria - Workers / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.