Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist (20482 Views)

From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Legitbaba(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
lalasticlala biko, buhari is working, wailers are wailing, saTANist are crying of witch hunting, nigerians are happy and hoping of greater tomorrow
U mean Nigerians are happy?? Are u serious??

2 Likes

Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by ocelot2006(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2015
Did they just say Boko Haram has been weakened?

1 Like

Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:09am On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Typing with phone charged with VERY EXPENSIVE fuel and enjoying darkness... where did they see the improved power supply

cheesy cheesy, oga, I dey enjoy power supply for here o cheesy
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by gists: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The Areas Buhari Has Covered According the Economist Include:

With Muhammadu [size=18pt]Nnamdi[/size] Buhari As Our President , Nigeria Is Now On The Wheel To Greatness!

[size=14pt]Please Take A Bow Sir![/size]
Madam, pls don't give some people HBP o grin grin
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

cheesy cheesy, oga, I dey enjoy power supply for here o cheesy

Thanks to Ajeokuta power steel and power station there and NEVER because of buhari... cheesygrin
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Aufbauh:
We thank God for cutting down the opponents 60 years of fake promises to 16 years.

I heard they said we are slow. Yes, we didn't campaign to be fire fighters, but planners and meticulous one at that.

Mr President you started well, you hit the ground running even though the ground was murky.

You promised Nigerians you will address security and your first meeting to ECOWAS was on security because we cannot fight alone. You have been to other places.

If they said it is a ludo, we will tell them it's a serious business.
If they forget G7 we will remind them.

We have faith in you Mr President.
We have faith in your capacity and uprightness.

We promise to continue be with you and support you no matter what they are saying we are not reruning the election until the next 4 years time.

Mr President your hands are on the plough and you'll succeed.

No matter how much u try to hype the dullård, it won't change nigeria......

APC has destroyed Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by philips70(m): 10:27am On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

As buhari leads the battle from front as a competent general https://www.nairaland.com/2748728/benin-republic-invades-kwara-nigeria gringringrin

Same way 105 Nigerian soldiers were killed by the PDP wing of BH. Even Congo DR have annexed Abuja. Iranu!
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Okaka27(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Pavarottii:

1) don't deceive urself, we av lost about 1500plus since he came into power. We are not yet winning the war. Rather we were b4 he came in.
2) my zombie friend, Power is not done by mouth, rather it is full engineering. Cabbage in, Cabbage out. The last time I checked, Buhari has not added a single Watt to it. All was done b4 he came in.
3) a bigger budget" that u av not seen, that u don't know it will be implemented and no result yet., u r celebrating over nothing. Better wake up.
4) anti corruption fight my ass. Please tell me who they av indicted and how much they av recovered and who they recovered it from.
5) TSA! Goodluck's initiative.
6) the same corruption nonsense, tell me one charge against the past oil minister, and which court has summoned her. Senate president; thank God is in buhari's party.
7) BVN! Goodluck's initiative.
PLEASE TELL ME ONE PROGRESSIVE THING BUHARI HAS DONE.
Am waiting for ur reply. And please face the topic; don't delve into insults.
Thank you.
KiLL urself man
Even if dey draft out a novel for u to see the truth a wailing wailer will still be a wailing wailer

#peace
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by sabi99(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
[size=50pt]The

economist

needs

to be

sacked...[/size]
space eater
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2015
sabi99:
space eater
Lmao

Who cares....

After all na my space and if you talk much, I go add much grin
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Pavarottii(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2015
Okaka27:
KiLL urself man
Even if dey draft out a novel for u to see the truth a wailing wailer will still be a wailing wailer

#peace
U see the prob? I told u to face the topic, and not delve into insult.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2015
philips70:

Same way 105 Nigerian soldiers were killed by the PDP wing of BH. Even Congo DR have annexed Abuja. Iranu!

Which cave vomited you undecided
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by philips70(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Which cave vomited you undecided

Otuoke
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by ukipet1: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2015
may GOD give you the present situation Buhari is giving Nigeria.. say Amen to that

Ioannes:
some people will not be happy with this o. they would rather be celebrating a mediocre leader who was coerced to relinquish power AFTER he LOST an election than support a working president.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2015
philips70:

Otuoke
That town is too hallowed to beget something like u undecided
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by 989900: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2015
There is intent, there is gravitation towards doing the right things the right way, but the people are yet to feel it.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by UyiIredia(m): 11:34am On Nov 20, 2015
Baba is working. I Was impressed with his decision to personally monitor the oil ministry.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by micayo(m): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
come to my zone, we have light, at least for 15h a day,

Pls where is your Zone Mr. Jesusloveyou? Jesus no dey lie O, remember.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by illiad: 11:38am On Nov 20, 2015
advocates:
Well, I don't expect you to see since you are condemned to hate and bigotry.

Economic points are so on point. Every indices stated by the publication are exactly what we have on ground albeit not 100% but it is clearly a break from the past and an assurance that it can only get better.

Myopia, a certain disease in which the sufferers are almost always oblivious of.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by philips70(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

That town is too hallowed to beget something like u undecided

Be calm, your 5k is on its way.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by sorepco(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2015
So succinct and accurate.....the corrupt must suffer

quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=40207105]The Areas Buhari Has Covered According the Economist Include:

1. Boko Haram, an insurgent Islamist group, has been weakened during Mr Buhari’s half-year at the helm (though bombs this week killed 43 people),

2. Power supplies are somewhat more reliable.

3. A bigger budget has been outlined for 2016, though it is unclear how it will be financed, and recurrent spending will be pared back.

4. More heartening is the president’s crusade against corruption.
Staff have been fired from the state oil company and customs department. Officials are tackling smuggling along leaky borders.

5. To reduce fraud, an opaque network of government bank accounts has been replaced by a centralised system.

5. Several politicians, including the president of the Senate, a former oil minister and an ex-national security adviser, are under investigation.

6 .Meanwhile, biometric registration at banks should expose more money laundered by civil servants and their stooges. High-rollers are on their best behaviour. Lamudi, a property company, reports a slowdown in expensive sales, partly explained by the fact that the rich would rather not be seen splurging.

With Muhammadu Nnamdi Buhari As Our President , Nigeria Is Now On The Wheel To Greatness!

[size=14pt]Please Take A Bow Sir![/size][/quote]
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by padrey(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2015
Oya, Positive minded people let take a walk with Mr president in Moving Nigeria to Greater Height.....God Bless Nigeria....
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by sabi99(m): 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Lmao

Who cares....

After all na my space and if you talk much, I go add much grin
soon u go begin live 4 space lols
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by MrBONE2(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

1. Boko Haram, an insurgent Islamist group, has been weakened during Mr Buhari’s half-year at the helm (though bombs this week killed 43 people),

3. A bigger budget has been outlined for 2016, though it is unclear how it will be financed, and recurrent spending will be pared back.

Staff have been fired from the state oil company and customs department. Officials are tackling smuggling along leaky borders.

5. To reduce fraud, an opaque network of government bank accounts has been replaced by a centralised system.

5. Several politicians, including the president of the Senate, a former oil minister and an ex-national security adviser, are under investigation.

6 .Meanwhile, biometric registration at banks should expose more money laundered by civil servants and their stooges. High-rollers are on their best behaviour. Lamudi, a property company, reports a slowdown in expensive sales, partly explained by the fact that the rich would rather not be seen splurging.

With Muhammadu Nnamdi Buhari As Our President , Nigeria Is Now On The Wheel To Greatness!

my king and prince of kibuki land also deserves the bow gyarbonka.grin
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
sabi99:
soon u go begin live 4 space lols

I wan useam build house give you?
See this one oo
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Kennydoc(m): 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

So you truly agree that Boko Haram has been weakened? How many people have been killed since May 29th? You still had the mind to lift up that point, despite the fact enclosed in bracket. Are you just dumb or what?

Power supply more reliable when just a few days ago, we read that supply is down to about 3,700MW or so. Is there any difference between power supply of today and what we had between 2013 and 2014? So what is the news here?

How is this a cause of jubilation? A bigger budget which financing isn't clear about? To even imagine that the same president already plans to borrow over #2tn makes me cringe

Crusade against corruption on paper, while corrupt former governors of Kogi and Bayelsa have won party tickets to contest in their gubernatorial elections. All the shout about hundreds of thousands of barrels of crude being stolen under GEJ, yet there is no increase in the recorded daily crude sales, now that no barrel of crude is being stolen again. Who are you guys deceiving?

Previous administration initiated the process. It only became imperative that it should be executed quickly cos the government is broke, and all avenues to raise money needed to be employed quickly.

Several politicians of the opposition fold, while those of the ruling party keep enjoying their loot. Some even used part of their loot to sponsor the acclaimed "incorruptible general" into power. Talk about self deceit

Biometric registration in banks was started by the former administration.

So I now ask you, what is there to celebrate in that news?
You guys should tell your general to start real work already. Nigerians are tired of waiting.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
illiad:

FYI the last time I voted a presidential candidate was 1999
So STFU! You have no reason to complain!
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by illiad: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
So STFU! You have no reason to complain!
Now a Cow is asking a human to shut up.

Only in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
illiad:

Now a Cow is asking a human to shut up.

Only in Nigeria
I voted in the last election, because I am human, it is cows like you that don't vote!
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
ukipet1:
may GOD give you the present situation Buhari is giving Nigeria.. say Amen to that

what situation? u mean the one the otuoke dullard mismanaged for 6years and passed to him just 6months ago? try get sense.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by illiad: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I voted in the last election, because I am human, it is cows like you that don't vote!

On the contrary, you voted as a Cow for your herder.
Re: 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
illiad:

On the contrary, you voted as a Cow for your herder.
Cows don't vote, humans do!
I voted, you did not!
I am human, you are the cow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justice Paul Obidigwe Attacked, Houses Burnt In Anambra Communal Clash / You Will Go To Jail Eventually, Buhari Tell Corrupt Leaders / Suicide Bombers Planning Christmas Attacks To Embarrass Buhari - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.