Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised (1163 Views)

9 Men Who Saved Emir Sanusi From Investigation (Full List) / Sabiu Yusuf Who Lives At The Glass House, Buhari's PA / How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by efilefun(m): 2:34am On Nov 20, 2015
'Hero' Muslim employee who saved lives at Kosher supermarket in Paris praised for his courage as he is granted citizenship by France

The Muslim kosher supermarket employee who saved several shoppers lives during the Paris attack has been granted French citizenship.
Lassana Bathily, 24, was praised for his 'courage and heroism' by Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve during a ceremony in the presence of Prime Minister Manuel Valls.
Mr Cazeneuve said Mali-born Bathily's 'act of humanity has become a symbol of an Islam of peace and tolerance.'

Selfless: When gunman Amedy Coulibaly entered the shop, Lassana Bathily turned off the freezer and hid shoppers inside before sneaking out and helping police free the hostages

Hero: Shop clerk Lassana Bathily who guided six shoppers to safety during the attack on the Paris Kosher grocery where he was working, has been granted French citizenship

Proud moment: French Prime Minister Manuel Valls, left, and French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, center, award citizenship to Lassana Bathily during a ceremony in Paris

'Tonight I'm very proud and deeply touched,' Mr Bathily, who went to school in Paris, said with tears in his eyes. He humbly stressed that he does not consider himself a hero, saying: 'I am Lassana. I'll stay true to myself.'
'People are all equal to me and skin color isn't a matter. France is the country of human rights,' he added.

Mr Bathily was in the store's underground stockroom when gunman Amedy Coulibaly burst in to the Hyper Cacher supermarket in Porte de Vincennes, Paris, on January 9 and killed four people.
The 24-year-old guided terrified customers to safety in a supermarket chiller and has since been praised around the world for his quick-thinking and bravery.
Mr Bathily, who reportedly led six people to safety, told BFMTV: 'When they ran down, I opened the door [of the freezer].

'There are several people who came to me. I turned off the light, I turned off the freezer. 'When I turned off the cold, I put them [hostages] in, I closed the door, I told them to stay calm.'
Using a goods lift he escaped and was able to give the police valuable information about what was happening inside and where the hostages were hiding.
Shy and reluctant to tell his story, Mr Bathily, who went to school in Paris, admitted that after the shoot-out many of the customers came to shake his hand and thank him for what he did.
Bathily has lived in France since 2006, attending school in the capital. He had filed an application for French citizenship last year.

Bravery recognised: Mr Bathily meets the US Secretary of State John Kerry after a press conference at Paris City Hall last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2918786/Man-saved-lives-Paris-grocery-gets-French-citizenship.html

1 Like

Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by efilefun(m): 2:34am On Nov 20, 2015
cool
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by olumide81(m): 2:43am On Nov 20, 2015
Congrats Lassana,
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by Merlissa(f): 2:44am On Nov 20, 2015
Not all Muslims are after violence....

2 Likes

Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 20, 2015
People like this makes one wonder what Islam represents. Does it mean this one doesn't understand the qua'ran or does it mean isis members understand it better.undecided
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by efilefun(m): 3:05am On Nov 20, 2015
No muslim in his right senses will support those murderers, even the Holy Prophet they deceive people they believe in clearly said DO NOT KILL WOMEN OR CHILDREN nor AN AGED "DURING WAR"
SirJeffry:
People like this makes one wonder what Islam represents. Does it mean this one doesn't understand the qua'ran or does it mean isis members understand it better.undecided
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 20, 2015
efilefun:
No muslim in his right senses will support those murderers, even the Holy Prophet they deceive people they believe in clearly said DO NOT KILL WOMEN OR CHILDREN nor AN AGED "DURING WAR"
Bro, the question is which war are they fighting?

For example, who is fighting war with boko haram?

Please enlighten me b'cos I'm confused.undecided

1 Like

Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by efilefun(m): 3:25am On Nov 20, 2015
SirJeffry:

Thats why I had the war in quote, this dudes are being sponsored by some selfish group of people, you ain't meant to attack someone who didn't harm you. It's even much more rewarding to forgive someone who harmed you.
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by ninovandross(m): 3:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Good for him, b4 u know now the other crazed muslims go do some dumb shiit and them go dey use bad eye dey luk the man again
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 20, 2015
efilefun:
Thats why I had the war in quote, this dudes are being sponsored by some selfish group of people, you ain't meant to attack someone who didn't harm you. It's even much more rewarding to forgive someone who harmed you.
Nice one bro. Please keep your good faith and principles.
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by rheether(f): 3:39am On Nov 20, 2015
Africans are peace loving people.
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by laudate: 4:12am On Nov 20, 2015
SirJeffry:

And why da heck do they kill men who have done them no evil??! shocked shocked
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by hammariise(m): 4:17am On Nov 20, 2015
This one no be Nigerian passport in his hands?
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by ALVA001: 4:25am On Nov 20, 2015
Gh
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by swtdrms(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2015
Am deeply moved by this recognition and honour of bravery and sincerity. What more can i say?

Non-Muslims the world over have always been confused by the usual dissolution of Islam from Terrorism by the muslims but they've never seen it in action. The more i don't blame them for their utterances against the claim of "The Religion of Peace". As the saying goes, action speaks louder than words. I am deeply grateful to Lassana Bathily for vindicating us and proving our assertions not by the mere popular rhetorics but by actions.

This is a wake up call to all sincere muslims out there to stop sitting behind their keypad trying to prove that Islam doesn't support terrorism but to go out and prove it. The people saying to the world that Islam is Terrorism (ISIS and BH) are not doing it from keypads but rather, they do it through actions.

And to Non-Muslims, i'll kindly implore you to be unbiased and study the events associated with Terrorism to discern the connections btw ISIS and other connectibles. E.g, who has been buying ISIS oil? Where has ISIS been getting weaponry supports, last time, Putin made some allegations which are yet to be disputed. By all these analysis, the dots can be joined to understand the connections. Thanks
Re: 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised by braine(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2015
Nice.

(1) (Reply)

Photos:Buhari Hosts Senators To Interactive Dinner,as Saraki And Tinubu Meets / Igbos Let's Forget About BIAFRA, NIGERIA Needs Us / Nigeria Youths And Their Myopic Mentality : The Case Of Biafra And Seun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.